~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Today is two weeks since I picked up little Monty. I just turned around to find this scene:

DSC02774.jpg
    they are so beautiful, pals
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Today is two weeks since I picked up little Monty. I just turned around to find this scene:

DSC02774.jpg

:D
    This picture, made me smile ear to ear!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02774.jpg

Wow...look like brothers

My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,880
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02774.jpg

Wow...look like brothers

brothers of a different mother. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    My prince and I got such a kick out of this video. It's so typical of how shelties play, right down to giving kisses at the end. It reminded us of our own Pete.

http://purinaanimalallstars.yahoo.com/? ... =100000085
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    My prince and I got such a kick out of this video. It's so typical of how shelties play, right down to giving kisses at the end. It reminded us of our own Pete.

sorry but this video is no longer available. :problem:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    loadedgun wrote:

>

Here is my Cody
    Hi, Cody! does dad have any real pictures of you? :? ;)[/quote]

Yes, plenty. And as soon as I learn how to post pics on here, I'll be putting them up. (is that sad that I'm relatively technologically savvy, and don't know how to do that with relative ease)?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    imalive wrote:

sorry but this video is no longer available. :problem:
    :?
    I tried it again and it worked for me.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

:lol::lol: that's outstanding!! norm could learn a lot from shelties about being around children :roll:
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    norm wrote:

:lol::lol: that's outstanding!! norm could learn a lot from shelties about being around children :roll:

Not a doggie, but I love this one :lol::lol::lol:

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    loadedgun wrote:

Yes, plenty. And as soon as I learn how to post pics on here, I'll be putting them up. (is that sad that I'm relatively technologically savvy, and don't know how to do that with relative ease)?
    upload them to photobucket or flickr or any other host (free and easy)....set it to import at no bigger than 640x480 and paste their "code" or URL or whatever you call it into your post. hit "quote" on any of the posts with pictures and you'll see how it's done. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Thank goodness for the doggie thread. I posted here a year ago when we lost our sweet dog Keiko and people wrote such nice things.

Last night we came back from a week-long vacation and our elderly dog Ernst was doing really badly. The housesitter said he'd been fine until yesterday, then had trouble walking and eating. And Ernst had been sick lately, a variety of things, all incurable. So my husband and my daughter and I sat with him for a long time and brushed him and fed him treats and kissed him a lot and then my husband took him to the vet. And we knew it was time and the vet confirmed it. So, goodbye sweet Ernst. You gave us sixteen years-plus of such pleasure and we'll miss you.

Thanks PJ fans for reading this. I'll post a picture soon.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Ernst and Keiko. Ernst is on the left. They're at a Blessing of the Animals service.

Blessing-Ernst_Keiko.jpg

Blessing-Ernst.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    What great looking dogs and well loved.
    :(
    RIP Ernst

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    SCARY MOMENT!!!! A 300# Bruin came around the side of or deck and Petey ran right up to his face and started barking at him! Bear didn't do a thing but stand there. Petey's recall was stellar and so was one of my sons in the house he jumped up and opened the sliding door and I was able to throw both Dobe boys in the house. I always say bears are gentle creatures.....again that thought is proven.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    RIP Ernst. :( I hope he has found Keiko and they are playing up as we speak.

Oh Petey!!! He's such a tough guy. Probably showing off.... I mean protecting Monty!! ;)

Hey Rob. Hope the move is going better than it was a couple of days ago and that Gracie is settling in to her new surroundings. Maybe with the change in climate she won't spend as much time on the bathroom floor!!!! :D
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02774.jpg

So is Monty sharing his bed with Petey or is Petey being a good boy and sharing with Monty!! :D

So Orbits going really good. She absolutely huge!! She goes by the nickname of Truckasurous these days. She gets really excited when I get home of an afternoon and she doesn't realise how big she is and comes at me with a full head of steam!! I must look like a deer caught in headlights sometimes. I just stand there until the last second and then step aside like a bullfighter so she doesn't bowl me over. She's got me a couple of times and I've gone down with her on top of me. Then it's a free for all and all three dogs gang up on me for kisses!!
    She's getting better on lead but still gets scared of cars and can be a real handfull if she gets spooked by a loud car or a truck. And all three are getting on so good. Now that is getting cold down under they all cuddle up at night and clean each others eyes with lots of kisses!!!.

Pic's soon!!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Enkidu wrote:
    Ernst and Keiko. Ernst is on the left. They're at a Blessing of the Animals service.

Blessing-Ernst_Keiko.jpg
    :cry:
    I'm so sorry. 16 years is a long and "blessed" life and I'm sure the love and care you gave him had much to do with it.
    RIP Ernst. I hope you and Keiko are running and playing together in Dog Heaven.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    :( Sorry about Earnst too. 16 years is an awesome life for a dog. I've only had one get to be that old, all my others have died when less then ten. Just not fair that they don't get more years.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Enkidu wrote:
    Thank goodness for the doggie thread. I posted here a year ago when we lost our sweet dog Keiko and people wrote such nice things.

Last night we came back from a week-long vacation and our elderly dog Ernst was doing really badly. The housesitter said he'd been fine until yesterday, then had trouble walking and eating. And Ernst had been sick lately, a variety of things, all incurable. So my husband and my daughter and I sat with him for a long time and brushed him and fed him treats and kissed him a lot and then my husband took him to the vet. And we knew it was time and the vet confirmed it. So, goodbye sweet Ernst. You gave us sixteen years-plus of such pleasure and we'll miss you.

aw. enkidu, i'm so, so sorry :cry: . they were both very beautiful and look like sweet, sweet dogs. are you without the pitter patter of doggie feet now?

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you will always remember. The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have asked opinions of many friends or done research finding a breeder. Or, in a fleeting moment, you may have chosen that silly looking mutt at the shelter, simply because something in its eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and watch it explore…when you feel it brush against you for the first time, it instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through many years to come.

The second day will occur years later. It will be a day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising instant, you will look at your longtime friend and see age where you once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you saw energy. You will see sleep where you once saw activity. You will begin to adjust your friend’s diet and you may add a pill to her food. And, you may feel a growing uneasy feeling until the third day arrives.

On this day, if your friend or your higher being has not decided for you, then you will be faced with making a decision of your own on behalf of your lifelong friend. Whichever way your friend leaves you, you will feel as alone as a single star in the dark night.

If you are wise, you will let the tears flow freely as they must. If you are typical, you will find that not many family and friends will be able to understand your grief. But, if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through many joy-filled years, you may find that a soul, smaller in size than your own, seems to walk with you at times, during the lonely days to come. At those moments when you least expect anything out of the ordinary, you may feel something brush against your leg. And, looking down at the place where your dear friend used to lie… you will remember those three significant days. The memory will be painful. As time passes, the ache will come and go. You will reject it and embrace it and it may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But, there will be a forth day when, along with the memory of your pet, and piercing through the heaviness in your heart, there will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique and strong as our relationship with the pet we have loved and lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love, like the heavenly scent of a rose. This Love will remain and grow, and will be there for us to remember. It is a love we have earned. It’s the legacy our pets leave us when they go… and it’s a gift we keep with us as long as we live. And until we leave, perhaps to join our beloved pets, it is a Love we will always possess.

Austicman wrote:
    So Orbits going really good. She absolutely huge!! She goes by the nickname of Truckasurous these days. She gets really excited when I get home of an afternoon and she doesn't realise how big she is and comes at me with a full head of steam!! I must look like a deer caught in headlights sometimes. I just stand there until the last second and then step aside like a bullfighter so she doesn't bowl me over. She's got me a couple of times and I've gone down with her on top of me. Then it's a free for all and all three dogs gang up on me for kisses!!
    She's getting better on lead but still gets scared of cars and can be a real handfull if she gets spooked by a loud car or a truck.
    :lol::lol::lol: i can only imagine!
    Austicman wrote:
    Hey Rob. Hope the move is going better than it was a couple of days ago and that Gracie is settling in to her new surroundings. Maybe with the change in climate she won't spend as much time on the bathroom floor!!!! :D
    this move hasn't frazzled gracie at all. she headed to salt lake yesterday. i'm still here :cry: . i'm quite sure she'll find a few new favorite places to lay! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    a very happy dog!

099bc738.jpg

:mrgreen:
    Enkidu wrote:

:cry:

rest in peace ernst
    PJaddicted wrote:
    SCARY MOMENT!!!! A 300# Bruin came around the side of or deck and Petey ran right up to his face and started barking at him! Bear didn't do a thing but stand there. Petey's recall was stellar and so was one of my sons in the house he jumped up and opened the sliding door and I was able to throw both Dobe boys in the house. I always say bears are gentle creatures.....again that thought is proven.

good for petey's recall...he needs to teach norm that

i'm up in the mountains for the next couple weeks and normally i let norm off leash on walks but this year i don't think i will as much...although in the 4 years i've been bringing him up here we've only seen 1 bear, i know that if he sees one he'll go after it and he doesn't listen to me at all when he goes into that mode :roll:
    norm wrote:
    a very happy dog!

099bc738.jpg

chillin' at "the compound" :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    So much news...

I hope the happy memories of Ernst are a comfort. RIP little fellow.

Petey and Monty, be careful! You too, Norm! Those aren't big dogs! :shock:

Glad to hear the move is progressing, imalive!

We had a fun time at our agility trial this weekend although Sailor fell off the dogwalk (thank God he wasn't hurt!) and then the next day he pooped in the ring as we were two jumps away from completing the course. Right in front of the people at the scoring table. I was mortified. So was he. That was the first time we've ever been disqualified in that particular way. Of course, we've failed to qualify for a hundred other reasons over the years...

Hard to believe he has earned two champion titles and individual championships in 6 of the 7 tests. From now on, instead of "Sir Full Of Himself" I'm calling him "Sir Poopsalot."

Tessie rolled her eyes at him, saying, "I've been telling you all along that he's a doofus, but you don't believe me."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    and then the next day he pooped in the ring as we were two jumps away from completing the course. Right in front of the people at the scoring table.
    is that a bad thing? :wtf: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I guess it could have been worse... if I did it. :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    imalive wrote:
    and then the next day he pooped in the ring as we were two jumps away from completing the course. Right in front of the people at the scoring table.
    is that a bad thing? :wtf: :lol:
    DUH! :roll:

I guess mortified would be the word, unlost.
    I've had dogs do some goofy things in the ring but never that!

I'd have probably crawled under the judges table. :shifty:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Wow, scary moment though! Glad every one is okay, bear included.

Brown bears are amazing animals. Just fascinating. But, not to be trifled with.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    norm wrote:
    a very happy dog!

099bc738.jpg

Sweet!

Gravy says "What's up, cuz?" to Norm!!
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    imalive wrote:

that is awesome!! I love those great pyrenees (probably cuz they look like goldens :mrgreen: ). Anyway, I'm sure I speak for all of us ;) when I say...........pictures!!!!! :mrgreen:

well, it took nearly a month to get around to uploading the pics but here they are

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 1694097789
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'