~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    This is Maya. And this is how she sleeps: http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218 ... 0_0813.jpg

She's almost 4 now!
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    This is Maya. And this is how she sleeps: http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218 ... 0_0813.jpg

She's almost 4 now!

cute :)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

She's almost 4 now!

Are you sure she's sleeping? You'd better check for a pulse...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Ha ha. I'm sure. She still sleeps like that: http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m218 ... rth148.jpg
    Too funny!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    camp2009sailorfinish2.jpg

Son of a Son of a Sailor... so happy.

Aw, he looks like he couldn't possibly be happier anywhere else!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

GREAT photo!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    Everyone in the house is pissy right now with the game the way its going (one period to come back for the Canucks or its over)

Mom left for a walk and took sammi but jsut dropped her off and said she's "too slow" to walk with her.

Bad time to be a doggie in a Vancouver household right now...
    ...Though if the canucks keep playing this bad she migth get a temper-cooling run later 8-)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haffajappa wrote:
    Mom left for a walk and took sammi but jsut dropped her off and said she's "too slow" to walk with her.

tell ya what...mom can walk norm and i'll walk sammi...sounds like a perfect match! :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

tell ya what...mom can walk norm and i'll walk sammi...sounds like a perfect match! :lol::lol:
    it'd probably be too much for norm, my mom is on eof those people who are annoyingly 'on the go'... for instance you wont even be finished eating and she'll take your plate right out from you and start doing dishes. :roll:

my mom's just mad because i threw a book at her during the hockey game. Trust me, you would throw one too if you had to watch a hockey game with her.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878

She's almost 4 now!
    welcome laura and maya! I "recruited" laura from a setlist thread the other night. :mrgreen:
    haffajappa wrote:

my mom's just mad because i threw a book at her during the hockey game. Trust me, you would throw one too if you had to watch a hockey game with her.
    that is too fucking funny! :lol::lol::lol:
    Poor Gracie. :(
    Hoping someday soon this will all be a distant memory!
    yep, poor Gracie. She had to get up and poop twice during the night and then barfed twice this morning :cry: . Her meds are nasty. she finishes them this coming sunday so, hopefully, her gastrointestinal issues will go away :angel: .
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    welcome laura and maya! I "recruited" laura from a setlist thread the other night. :mrgreen:

Yes, I made it down here! And I even participated in more than 1 AET thread, too! :)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    imalive wrote:

She's almost 4 now!
    thats brilliant!

Love seeing the new dog pics... I'm waiting in an airport delayed 2+ hours for the Bristow show. Glad to see some new dog pictures as I wait - especially to clear the look of betrayal out of my head from when Chops saw me grab the suitcase again this morning!
    I don't think Gracie is feeling super great today :cry: , but she's still on guard duty at the front door. She takes her job seriously :mrgreen: .

I worry everyday about her....she has been such a trooper....this fucking cancer has got to go!

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I don't think Gracie is feeling super great today :cry: , but she's still on guard duty at the front door. She takes her job seriously :mrgreen: .

I worry everyday about her....she has been such a trooper....this fucking cancer has got to go!

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

She looks great, if slightly annoyed. Must be an interloping squirrel on your lawn. Give her a kiss on the snout from her pals!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg
    And once again I say, Poor Gracie! :cry:
    We hope you feel better soon! :thumbup:

We have windows that go to the floor in our living room and dining room and Penny likes to lie like that in front of them so she can keep an eye on things. I keep trying to get a picture of her like that but she's camera shy. As soon as she hears me turn it on she gets up and walks away. :problem:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    aww poor gracie...looks like she and my mom fell about the same :(

while norm snores loudly beneath my desk, a thought i've had...i've had to take off his collar a couple times the past couple days and he gets really excited, almost anxiety like...i think he really likes his collar...anyone else notice this in their pups or is norm once again being 'special'? :lol:
    norm wrote:

while norm snores loudly beneath my desk, a thought i've had...i've had to take off his collar a couple times the past couple days and he gets really excited, almost anxiety like...i think he really likes his collar...anyone else notice this in their pups or is norm once again being 'special'? :lol:

Oh definitely. Both of ours (a chocolate lab and a yellow lab) have to sniff their collars incessantly if we take them off. I think they're just so used to having them on but can't see them when they're on, so they have no idea what it is and are very curious when they come off.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hugs for you and Miss Gracie. I hope she is feeling better soon. Petey has been getting up at night, he is on diuretics and also has the runs from the other heart meds. I don't care, I'm used to not sleeping well anyway. Long as he is still here with me i will do what ever he needs.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    norm wrote:

Oh definitely. Both of ours (a chocolate lab and a yellow lab) have to sniff their collars incessantly if we take them off. I think they're just so used to having them on but can't see them when they're on, so they have no idea what it is and are very curious when they come off.

i was working outside and wearing a hat, i took it off inside and my dog started growling at it and seemed freaked out by it, they are probably like 'wtf!?!?' because of the smell suddenly appearing on this thing in front of them
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    Our chocolate lab hates baseball mitts, and our yellow hates wind. We have an interesting household.
    norm wrote:

yep that's what norm does...it's pretty hilarious :lol::lol:
    Our chocolate lab hates baseball mitts, and our yellow hates wind. We have an interesting household.

There's nothing like weird dogs to make for an interesting household!

My yellow Lab, the most fearless dog on an agility course, is terrified of parked motor scooters and motorcycles. Doesn't pay any mind if someone rides one by him, but if it's parked on the sidewalk it's clearly ready to spring and attack. And he was once menaced by a flock of Canada geese, which was I thought was funny since I got him in Canada.

I suspect my Treeing Walker Coonhound isn't afraid of anything but she does not like to be away from home and in new places will stand motionless in the nearest doorway, facing me, giving me the Coonhound Eyeballs of Death Stare until I take her home. It freaks people out. It freaks me out when she catches bumblebees in her mouth and brings them into the house.

My young mixed breed isn't afraid of much, but is easily offended such as when people knock on our door. She's also offended by squirrels.

There's nothing like weird dogs to make for an interesting household!

My yellow Lab, the most fearless dog on an agility course, is terrified of parked motor scooters and motorcycles. Doesn't pay any mind if someone rides one by him, but if it's parked on the sidewalk it's clearly ready to spring and attack. And he was once menaced by a flock of Canada geese, which was I thought was funny since I got him in Canada.

I love it! :D
    imalive wrote:

happy to report that last night, Gracie found her groove. She got fired up, was humping my leg and took a bite out of my 2007 All-Star game shirt :wtf: . Later, before bed, she was spinning circles on the bed, growling and trying to dig thru the comforter. what a nut. as long as she's feeling good.... :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

happy to report that last night, Gracie found her groove. She got fired up, was humping my leg and took a bite out of my 2007 All-Star game shirt :wtf: . Later, before bed, she was spinning circles on the bed, growling and trying to dig thru the comforter. what a nut. as long as she's feeling good.... :mrgreen:

:lol:

Norm and I gotta get out there and experience Gracie!

:wave:
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

great to hear.
    hopefully she pulls through all of this... she sounds like a trooper i'm sure she will.
    go gracie!
    there's a fly thats driving sammi crazy right now...
    its outside my window and she can hear it buzzing...
    she runs to towards my door then spins and walks cautiously back towards the window with ears up at full attention... she's done this about 7 times already :lol: