~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJaddicted wrote:
    D2D....I'd say allergy issues! Get it checked out.

thanks to you and pandora for the suggestions, but i can almost guarantee, NOT allergies. she is NOT licking herself, or chewing on herself, nothing like that. i mentioned she was 'licking her chops' as in, just making noises. she does that when she wants your attention and yes, when she wants to get up. maybe pandora is right and it's just a seasonal sleep disturbance but all i can say is...it's fucking annoying!!! :evil: :twisted: :lol:

she was at it again last night. believe me, once i am asleep, i am out - so my own sleep patterns have been fine before this disturbance. thing is, we have hardwood floors and a bamboo rug. when chloe goes under or comes up from under the bed, she is noisy! then, she will pace some...she 'tap dances' on the floor some - which, along with the licking sounds - is another ploy of hers to wake you up and get you up. :x she stares at keith. :lol: last night she gave me the evil eye when i asked her to move so i could get into bed. haha. usually, she jumps down before i even get to my side. perhaps she is plotting our demise and her world domination? :mrgreen: i think it's all a mood thing. hopefully, with enough 'go lie down!'s going on, she'll get it, that we won't give in, and settle back into sleeping normally. if any other weirdness/symptoms develop, then i'll see about another vet check-up. she just had one in march and she is a-ok. we'll see.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    dakota
    8126_1048336944036_1694097789_92917_17238_n.jpg
    how could you not want to take this little guy in!?

only one reason....YAP, YAP, YAP!!! ;)

DSC05844-1.jpg

;)
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    CIMG0852.jpg
    Miss Lucy Bomb "The Great Destroyer" resting up!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    pandora wrote:
    CIMG0852.jpg

"It's a dog's life" :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    pandora wrote:
    CIMG0852.jpg

:mrgreen:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Gracie took her LAST cancer drug on Monday :mrgreen: . I'm going to get some bloodwork done in three weeks to see how her system is doing. She seems to be already eating and pooping better.

Last night, I caught her, paws on stove, lapping soup out of a pan. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    Gracie took her LAST cancer drug on Monday :mrgreen: . I'm going to get some bloodwork done in three weeks to see how her system is doing. She seems to be already eating and pooping better.

oh a pic of that would have been great! even Gracie can be a little naughty sometimes. Lucy's happy to hear that!
    imalive wrote:

Another advantage to small dogs--they can't reach that high! :lol:;)

Would love to have seen a picture of that! 8-)
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    imalive wrote:

Sailor: "I wish I had the gonads to do that, but they cut them off me and now I'm unfailingly polite about stuff like that."
    Sweet Pea: "You go Gracie! Next time grab the pot roast right out of the pan."
    Tessie: "Gracie, can you tell me how to get up there? I'm not tall enough."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    pandora wrote:
    CIMG0852.jpg
    I love this picture!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    DSC_0005.jpg

Greetings from Florida!
    Sailor: "I don't get why they won't let me swim in the lake. Something about 'gators' but I'm not worried, I swim faster than Stinkerbelle here beside me."
    Tessie: "I hate swimming, you big doofus. And stop calling me Stinkerbelle."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    DSC_0005.jpg

Greetings from Florida!
    Sailor: "I don't get why they won't let me swim in the lake. Something about 'gators' but I'm not worried, I swim faster than Stinkerbelle here beside me."

love it!!!

does this mean we don't have to squint at any more of your tiny pictures? :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    DSC_0772-1.jpg
    "konichiwaaa doggu thredu >.<"
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    For shammme
    DSC_0765-1.jpg

DSC_0767-1.jpg
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    imalive wrote:
    DSC_0005.jpg

Greetings from Florida!

love it!!!

does this mean we don't have to squint at any more of your tiny pictures? :lol::lol::lol:

I hope not! I was worried you might strain your eyeballs! ;)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yes?? can i help you??

canihelpyou.jpg
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    yes?? can i help you??

canihelpyou.jpg

Why yes, as a matter a fact you can, doggie kisses please!!! ;):D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

yes?? can i help you??

canihelpyou.jpg

this doggie is slowly and inexorably melting cate's cold heart!! don't fight it, girl! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    DSC02577.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    DSC02577.jpg
    Petey by the pond! Looking good! :thumbup:
    DSC_0005.jpg

Greetings from Florida!
    Sailor: "Damn, it's hot here."
    Tessie: "Word."
    fixed. Gracie can relate. :mrgreen:

95 yesterday and our AC took a dump. :oops:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    If this story doesn't touch you, then your heart is made of stone:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05/20 ... gger-topic

3-legged dog will be honored for scaring off home invaders

ALEDO -- In December 2008, she was shot and left for dead on the side of a road near Glen Rose. Her left front leg was eventually amputated.

The nature of her injuries and her will to survive inspired her name -- Calamity Jane.

Not long after being released from the hospital, Calamity Jane gave birth to a litter of pups. She was still nursing them when a tense situation again brought out her tough side.

While she was outside with her foster mom, Shar Pauley, Calamity Jane suddenly ran toward a neighbor's house and began barking and growling.

"I couldn't stop her," Pauley said.

Inside, intruders were holding the homeowners at gunpoint. Upon hearing Calamity Jane, they fled.

For her efforts, Calamity Jane will be honored today by the Humane Society of the United States. She was chosen as first runner-up in the society's annual Dogs of Valor Awards and picked up the People's Hero award from online voters.

Calamity Jane will be honored at a ceremony at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth, where she works as a therapy dog.

Colin Berry, innovations director for the humane society, said it's the first time one dog has won two awards.

The People's Hero award may have more to do with the circumstances that landed the golden retriever mix at her foster home.

Her story

Calamity Jane was found on a ranch south of Glen Rose, left for dead with a gunshot wound to her shoulder. A ranch hand took her to the Glen Rose animal shelter, which turned her over to Golden Retriever Rescue of North Texas. Eventually, she ended up in the hands of Dr. Sue Hultman of Central Animal Hospital in Fort Worth.

By the time she arrived, her wound was infected.

Hultman had no alternative: She had to remove Calamity Jane's left leg and shoulder.

"The leg was really in bad shape and wasn't salvageable," Hultman said. "We worked the surgery in the next day because we didn't want it to get worse. ... She came in a month later to be spayed, and we discovered she was pregnant."

The seven pups -- named Wild Bill, Jesse James, Cat Ballou, Butch Cassidy, Belle Starr, Rose Morgan and Pearl Hart -- were a surprise to Pauley and her husband, Homer.

Pauley said that for three weeks she had taken Calamity Jane and her two other dogs to the front yard and that Calamity Jane had never become alarmed about anything until the night of the home invasion.

"That night, though, her fur bristled up and she barked frantically and took off next door," Pauley said.

She said that her neighbors had been terrorized for 45 minutes before Calamity Jane started barking.

"The crooks had said to [the homeowner], 'We've got all night,'" she said. "They were breaking glass and smashing the cellphones and home phones."

Pauley, who heard nothing out of the ordinary, believes that Calamity Jane heard the crashing and became upset.

When the bad guys heard Calamity Jane's barking, they lost their nerve and ran. Pauley pulled Calamity Jane back just as the getaway car screeched out of the driveway.

The neighbors were unharmed but shaken-up, Pauley said. The bad guys were arrested and sent to jail, she said.

'Beyond words'

Berry, with the humane society, said it's amazing that Calamity Jane sensed something was wrong.

"We'll never know what happened" in the dog's mind, she said. "Just like all these stories, there's something there that's beyond words."

Hultman said that Dogs of Valor like Calamity Jane "are the poster children for a good watchdog. That isn't a dog that's mean or trained to attack, but a dog that loves you. Don't worry about training them to protect you; train them to love."

Besides working at Cook Children's, Calamity Jane volunteers at the James L. West Center, which specializes in caring for Alzheimer's patients, and she's the mascot for the University Christian Church Room in the Inn homelessness ministry.

"The most important part of this is that she was hurt and left for dead by someone, and now she's helping people," Hultman said.

0521_calamity_metro.ART0_G90137T8T.1+CalamityJane5.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

0521_calamity_metro.ART_G90137T98.1+CalamityJane3.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

I first read about this sweet dog a few months ago. She was so emaciated when she was found that they didn't realize she was pregnant until a few days before she gave birth! All of her puppies have been adopted BTW. :angel:

If you click on the story there's a short video about her. It made me cry!

I first read about this sweet dog a few months ago. She was so emaciated when she was found that they didn't realize she was pregnant until a few days before she gave birth! All of her puppies have been adopted BTW. :angel:

me, too. :roll: :D

thanks........it reminded me of a three-legged dog I met while waiting to see Gracie's cancer doc....this sweet girl was nine; she had just been rescued in the past year; she got cancer; they tried to remove it but ended up taking the whole leg :oops: . She was sooooooo sweet and it was inspiring to see how her new mom was going to do whatever it takes for her. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    bump.

Gracie got like an hour of lovin' as I sat in the Discount Tire waiting area. :mrgreen:

P.S. when you go in for the "free" rotation and the guy comes out and says "I want to show you something"......it's about to turn into 4 new tires. :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    If this story doesn't touch you, then your heart is made of stone:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/05/20 ... gger-topic

3-legged dog will be honored for scaring off home invaders

ALEDO -- In December 2008, she was shot and left for dead on the side of a road near Glen Rose. Her left front leg was eventually amputated.

The nature of her injuries and her will to survive inspired her name -- Calamity Jane.

Not long after being released from the hospital, Calamity Jane gave birth to a litter of pups. She was still nursing them when a tense situation again brought out her tough side.

While she was outside with her foster mom, Shar Pauley, Calamity Jane suddenly ran toward a neighbor's house and began barking and growling.

"I couldn't stop her," Pauley said.

Inside, intruders were holding the homeowners at gunpoint. Upon hearing Calamity Jane, they fled.

For her efforts, Calamity Jane will be honored today by the Humane Society of the United States. She was chosen as first runner-up in the society's annual Dogs of Valor Awards and picked up the People's Hero award from online voters.

Calamity Jane will be honored at a ceremony at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth, where she works as a therapy dog.

Colin Berry, innovations director for the humane society, said it's the first time one dog has won two awards.

The People's Hero award may have more to do with the circumstances that landed the golden retriever mix at her foster home.

Her story

Calamity Jane was found on a ranch south of Glen Rose, left for dead with a gunshot wound to her shoulder. A ranch hand took her to the Glen Rose animal shelter, which turned her over to Golden Retriever Rescue of North Texas. Eventually, she ended up in the hands of Dr. Sue Hultman of Central Animal Hospital in Fort Worth.

By the time she arrived, her wound was infected.

Hultman had no alternative: She had to remove Calamity Jane's left leg and shoulder.

"The leg was really in bad shape and wasn't salvageable," Hultman said. "We worked the surgery in the next day because we didn't want it to get worse. ... She came in a month later to be spayed, and we discovered she was pregnant."

The seven pups -- named Wild Bill, Jesse James, Cat Ballou, Butch Cassidy, Belle Starr, Rose Morgan and Pearl Hart -- were a surprise to Pauley and her husband, Homer.

Pauley said that for three weeks she had taken Calamity Jane and her two other dogs to the front yard and that Calamity Jane had never become alarmed about anything until the night of the home invasion.

"That night, though, her fur bristled up and she barked frantically and took off next door," Pauley said.

She said that her neighbors had been terrorized for 45 minutes before Calamity Jane started barking.

"The crooks had said to [the homeowner], 'We've got all night,'" she said. "They were breaking glass and smashing the cellphones and home phones."

Pauley, who heard nothing out of the ordinary, believes that Calamity Jane heard the crashing and became upset.

When the bad guys heard Calamity Jane's barking, they lost their nerve and ran. Pauley pulled Calamity Jane back just as the getaway car screeched out of the driveway.

The neighbors were unharmed but shaken-up, Pauley said. The bad guys were arrested and sent to jail, she said.

'Beyond words'

Berry, with the humane society, said it's amazing that Calamity Jane sensed something was wrong.

"We'll never know what happened" in the dog's mind, she said. "Just like all these stories, there's something there that's beyond words."

Hultman said that Dogs of Valor like Calamity Jane "are the poster children for a good watchdog. That isn't a dog that's mean or trained to attack, but a dog that loves you. Don't worry about training them to protect you; train them to love."

Besides working at Cook Children's, Calamity Jane volunteers at the James L. West Center, which specializes in caring for Alzheimer's patients, and she's the mascot for the University Christian Church Room in the Inn homelessness ministry.

"The most important part of this is that she was hurt and left for dead by someone, and now she's helping people," Hultman said.

0521_calamity_metro.ART0_G90137T8T.1+CalamityJane5.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

0521_calamity_metro.ART_G90137T98.1+CalamityJane3.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Wow

Our neighbor has a 3 legged Greyhound they rescued...what a sweet dog

Great Story :thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Wow

Our neighbor has a 3 legged Greyhound they rescued...what a sweet dog

Great Story :thumbup:
    In response to this, the newspaper repeated the original story about her. The family who adopted her, the Pauley's, call her CJ. They have 2 other goldens so when she had her puppies things got pretty crazy around their house! They must be really cool people; your neighbors too.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Newest Rehab, I'm only keeping him until tomorrow when he will be handed off to another rehabber who has two other fawns. It's best to raise them with others. He was basically stolen from his mom at only a day old. He now has the runs pretty bad due to the person not feeding him properly for the last five days. He saw a vet today, and was declared in good health other wise. I have him on Lactated Ringers Solution, the same stuff you get when in the hospital on IV. He is so cute, but this is so sad for him and his mom.

DSC02622.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02622.jpg

what the hell kind of dog is that????? :wtf: :lol:

keep up the good work, carol!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Newest Rehab, I'm only keeping him until tomorrow when he will be handed off to another rehabber who has two other fawns. It's best to raise them with others. He was basically stolen from his mom at only a day old. He now has the runs pretty bad due to the person not feeding him properly for the last five days. He saw a vet today, and was declared in good health other wise. I have him on Lactated Ringers Solution, the same stuff you get when in the hospital on IV. He is so cute, but this is so sad for him and his mom.

DSC02622.jpg
    Is he related to bambi by chance? :)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    imalive wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC02622.jpg

what the hell kind of dog is that????? :wtf: :lol:

keep up the good work, carol!

a CUTE dog.... thats what kind... :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day