~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    edited May 2010
    norm wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    :D I love him so much...you know exactly how I feel, Norm is your buddy too. I'm trying to plan FL again, my friend who is a vet just got home form having the stems cells implanted in her boy. I need to do it too, have to try everything for this beautiful boy.

:oops: :)

last week i was at the post office and i chat a lot with the clerk and she asked my about norm and when i answered i was smiling...she said "whenever you talk about norm you always smile"...and it's true...the little guy really changed my life and no matter how bad things are he always puts a smile on my face :)

it breaks my heart that you have to go through this but petey couldn't have found a better friend than you...stay strong...hugs to you and petey :)

It pains me to look at him, I so wanted to see him grow old. You know I've done everything in my power to insure a healthy life and none of it mattered, genetics caught him early. I am trying to stay positive and enjoy every moment, but knowing how fast this disease is progressing I have to stay in reality. Hopefully the new meds will kick in and slow the damage. He is the sweetest boy I've ever had in my life, and we are so close, he knows me inside and out. There are days I wished that I never tested for DCM, and didn't know, but then we wouldn't have a chance of possibly buying some time.

Thanks for being out there, your boy is very lucky and so are you! There is no other relationship like a person and their dog, or a dog and his person! :P You are a great dog owner Tim. ox
    Post edited by PJaddicted on
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    :D

DSC04153-2-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hike yesterday....trying to make every day a good one!

524292177_1850160992_0jpeg.jpg

Look how happy he is. You are doing wonderful things for him. Take it one day at a time, he is...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    PJaddicted wrote:

Look how happy he is. You are doing wonderful things for him. Take it one day at a time, he is...

Isn't that the truth....I get scared that it bums him out how much I think of his disease and worry. He is so attached to me, and seems to know what I'm thinking, wish I could turn my brain off. He is simply the best dog I've ever had in my life. I've started a Blog for him, no writing yet...just 3 years of pictures up loaded. http://hismerhprincepiere.blogspot.com/
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC04153-2-1.jpg

awwwwww

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:

Awesome picture. What a great dog. :clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    norm wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:
    :D I love him so much...you know exactly how I feel, Norm is your buddy too. I'm trying to plan FL again, my friend who is a vet just got home form having the stems cells implanted in her boy. I need to do it too, have to try everything for this beautiful boy.

:oops: :)

last week i was at the post office and i chat a lot with the clerk and she asked my about norm and when i answered i was smiling...she said "whenever you talk about norm you always smile"...and it's true...the little guy really changed my life and no matter how bad things are he always puts a smile on my face :)

it breaks my heart that you have to go through this but petey couldn't have found a better friend than you...stay strong...hugs to you and petey :)

why is petey at the cardiologists???

i apologise but im a toe dipper on this thread so im not up on all the goings on.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Petey has a genetic disease, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Unfortunately it takes Dobermans out pretty quickly, especially when it comes out in a young dog like Petey. I have taken him to three different cardiologists to try and get one to treat him while he is still in the occult stage, before heart failure. Our new one is doing that for him, it's just so sad that we wasted 5 months with no strong heart meds and his heart got worse and closer to failure. Here is a link to info about the disease: http://www.dpca.org/PublicEd/PEC/PECGeneticCardio.html
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC04153-2-1.jpg
    oh my he had some pretty big feet to grow into there! Petey is beautiful.
    I am so sorry. I know how painful this is for you.
    Knowing and cherishing this time is truly better even if he is bided no extra time.
    Maggie Mae was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 4 and was gone within a few short weeks. A horrible shock for our family.
    You have been blessed to know him and call him your own, as we were blessed to have Miss Mags her short life.
    Praying for Petey.
    Hang in there... try to look at it like he does and don't let your worry get in the way of enjoying every day with Petey. He's so tuned into you, let him help you enjoy life.

I have to say, those were some GINORMOUS puppy feet that boy had! Could he walk on water?
    :)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Thanks everyone! He still has big feet for a Dobe, they are suppose to have nice tight cat feet, not Petey! I always figured it was because of all the hard running he was going to be doing being my dog, where we live the hiking trails are very rocky. He is my heart and soul dog and no matter how painful the last 5 months have been knowing he won't be with me too long, it's been so worth getting to spend part of my life with such a awesome being.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Thanks everyone! He still has big feet for a Dobe, they are suppose to have nice tight cat feet, not Petey! I always figured it was because of all the hard running he was going to be doing being my dog, where we live the hiking trails are very rocky. He is my heart and soul dog and no matter how painful the last 5 months have been knowing he won't be with me too long, it's been so worth getting to spend part of my life with such a awesome being.
    hang in there man...
    petey sounds like a great dog.
    just make every second count and focus on the good... good luck to you both <3
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    th_DSC_0011.jpg

I thought there was some unusual activity regarding my posts...
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC04153-2-1.jpg
    I love pictures like this where the legs look like tree trunks. :)
    th_DSC_0011.jpg

Excellent! EXCELLENT!
    now Pepe and I can add a computer technician to our team of evil scientist dogs...
    Muhuhaha!

And i like your style, Macbook Pro 8-) Sammi's only computer of choice!
    DSC_0003.jpg

It only gets worse... and ticket sellers beware, she has terrible credit.
    DSC_0003.jpg

cuuuuuuuttte
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Photo1016.jpg

just noticed my pj bag is in the background! :lol:

Bo had a haircut recently, still looks like a lamb
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Why what big ears you have!

Little Beauregard....so cute!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    yeh he is.. 'til he humps the shit out of his bed! we have to hide it 'cos i swear he's heart is going to give :shock:
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    yeh he is.. 'til he humps the shit out of his bed! we have to hide it 'cos i swear he's heart is going to give :shock:

Ooooo so you have a little hornbag on your hands?! haha You have to hide it!!! LMAO! :lol: Is it only his bed?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    DSC_0003.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

((((( good vibes ))))) to petey!! :thumbup:

Gracie had a few accidents while we were gone to columbus :oops: :wtf: . We took her home yesterday and she was back to "normal"....but tired. I think she just had too much fun with the sitter.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    good vibes to petey and gracie and all the other sick puppies
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    Thanks, pepe.....just when I think Gracie is good to go, something happens (accident? :wtf: ) which makes me worry. I know those meds are really hard on her. :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    526335156_1858030918_0jpeg.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:

Thanks for the awesome picture!!! :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJaddicted wrote:
    Gorgeous picture!

Sending lots of good thoughts Petey's way! :D
    imalive wrote:
    Thanks, pepe.....just when I think Gracie is good to go, something happens (accident? :wtf: ) which makes me worry. I know those meds are really hard on her. :cry:
    Poor Gracie. :(
    Hoping someday soon this will all be a distant memory!
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    haffajappa wrote:
    th_DSC_0011.jpg

Excellent! EXCELLENT!
    now Pepe and I can add a computer technician to our team of evil scientist dogs...
    Muhuhaha!

we're assembling quite an a-team, eh?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    haffajappa wrote:
    th_DSC_0011.jpg

Excellent! EXCELLENT!
    Muhuhaha!

we're assembling quite an a-team, eh?
    yeah... crazy how its all coming together