~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Taking Petey to the Cardiologist today.....please send him out prayers and good vibes, he has a cough that is getting worse, hoping it's nothing more then pollen, but knowing it could be a very bad sign that his heart has moved on to the next stage of disease.
    Hugs, prayers and good vibes to Petey and to you. I'll be thinking of you both.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Taking Petey to the Cardiologist today.....please send him out prayers and good vibes, he has a cough that is getting worse, hoping it's nothing more then pollen, but knowing it could be a very bad sign that his heart has moved on to the next stage of disease.

Sending good vibes...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,878
    Well I have been slack and still haven't put up the pix of the sleep over, but I washed the dogs in my hydrobath yesterday and I always used the furminator on Ben....I got a whole shopping bag off him this time!! :o So glad that wasn't going to be clogging up the filter or drain!
    I swear I will be finding blonde hair everywhere for months to come though, I found some in my car this morning and he never even went in it......I am so used to non-shedding dogs.
    For months? Try years! :lol::lol: hope you can get some pics up.

cb601666.jpg

nice! normie in his bad mojo collar ;)
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Good luck, you guys. Gracie was sneezing her ass off a few weeks ago and I think it was due to pollen. There's a high wind warning here again for today and tomorrow. vegas weather sucks :cry: .

I digress..............I hope you get a good report at the doc's ((((( vibes )))))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

Sending good vibes...
    good thoughts and prayers for Petey from all of us too.
    We've have been coughing too, pollen levels here have been super high, hope thats whats going on for Petey.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Apparently just like everyone here, we've had crazy early allergies too so hopefully that's all it is.

Good vibes for Petey! :D
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    PJaddicted wrote:

Good thoughts for Petey coming from Boston...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce my uncle's dog Daisy.

[url]006.jpg[/url]

She is a sweetheart.
    imalive wrote:

Might be the first time I ever thanked a hacker :P but I appreciate it! Making that particular photo bigger gives you a little more of a sense of how the experience was for me. Good morning, indeed!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    cb601666.jpg[/quote]

"I see a squirrel. I am most displeased by the presence of this interloper. I will seek and destroy."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    cb601666.jpg

"I see a squirrel. I am most displeased by the presence of this interloper. I will seek and destroy."[/quote]

you are more right than you know...norm don't take to squirrels in his yard :lol::lol:
    PJaddicted wrote:

i'm sure it's allergies...norm has been sneezing up a storm...doesn't help that he tries to inhale everything underneath the plants in the backyard :lol:

always thinking of you and petey
    SENROCK wrote:
    norm wrote:
    cb601666.jpg

Dude. You have a HAMMOCK?????????????? That is AWWWWESOME!!!! :D I want one soooo badd! I used to have one at my grandparents house in apple valley. Everytime i would go over, my grampa would get up from his nap and go set it up for me. He hadd a SPECIFIC way of tying it between 2 trees that was PERFECT! I'd lay in it and sleep with Lassie on the ground in petting distance! :lol: LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE Normies pics!!!!!!

it's been perfect hammock weather the last couple weekends...however, the last pic was taken after i fell out of the hammock trying to get out :oops: :lol::lol:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    SENROCK wrote:
    [
    SENROCK wrote:
    Ok here is a pug who goes by the name "bernie mac" :lol: need i answer why? :lol::lol: He belongs to a friend of mine and i feel really badd for bernie cuz he NEVER gets out for walks OR never gets to sleep inside! :( He's outside rain or shine. *sigh*
    lilbm.jpg

bernie is adorable!
    i initially wanted a black pug, but of course we fell in love with our igby. too bad bernie is all the way out in cali, otherwise, igby and chloe would be happy to make some space for him up on the bed! :mrgreen:

and austicman....my god, your pics are always priceless!
    i am continuously amazed how you get them to line up, time and again, for photo shoots!
    :lol:
    I just might bring him with me to NYC in a couple weeks and deliver him to you!!! :lol: Imagine the pictures of Bernie And Igby with their tongues hanging out as they sleep!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

i sent the pic to mr. dream yesterday and we joked about bernie moving in last night. so yea......he'd have a home. :mrgreen:

pjaddicted - good thoughts to petey!
    norm - there is nothing better than a hammock! i just had my 2010 inaugural swing in ours this past weekend. 8-)
    and whomever posted the 3 doggies in the morning - LOVE IT!!!
    (chloe also does a yawn-howl thing when she wants everyone to get up too)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    PJaddicted wrote:

Good Luck Petey!

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

[url]006.jpg[/url]

She is a sweetheart.

Awwww

She looks like such a nice dog

Retrievers are the best
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Might be the first time I ever thanked a hacker :P but I appreciate it! Making that particular photo bigger gives you a little more of a sense of how the experience was for me. Good morning, indeed!

don't worry...I was in and out....as soon as I found all your personal info, I skedaddled! :lol::lol:

seriously though, your photobucket has options like beautify, soften, melt (I'm kind of guessing)....mine has straightforward options like re-size. :wtf:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

006.jpg

She is a sweetheart.

Daisy looks like a good ol' girl :mrgreen: . Stay away from Uncle Patrick's "stuff" ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

006.jpg

She is a sweetheart.

Well hello Daisy, glad you could make it in here!!!

cute dog :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

006.jpg

Says Daisy: "A cookie would be much appreciated, if you could spare one. In the meantime I'll just wait here."
    imalive wrote:

don't worry...I was in and out....as soon as I found all your personal info, I skedaddled! :lol::lol:

seriously though, your photobucket has options like beautify, soften, melt (I'm kind of guessing)....mine has straightforward options like re-size. :wtf:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    the neice (2 yo) and nephew (4 yo) were in town. Gracie just loves them...and vice versa. :mrgreen:

IMG_2681.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    006.jpg

Says Daisy: "A cookie would be much appreciated, if you could spare one. In the meantime I'll just wait here."

:mrgreen:
    *heart melts*

what a face...and such a cute NOSE!
    i love dog noses. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    006.jpg

She's back over this morning and giving me that same look. So I gave her a treat. She's so happy now.

My boy Gizmo lays right next to her on the deck, I'll try and snap a picture of them together.
    I'm glad she got her cookie! I hope it was a really good one... there's something about those eyes...
    imalive wrote:
    the neice (2 yo) and nephew (4 yo) were in town. Gracie just loves them...and vice versa. :mrgreen:

IMG_2681.jpg

Great footwarmer, that Gracie!

IMG_2681.jpg

Great footwarmer, that Gracie!

tell me about it! whether you want it or not. :roll: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2681.jpg
    I love pictures of kids with dogs.
    They just go together. :thumbup: :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Petey saw the new Cardiologist. The man is amazing, so worth the four hour round trip. Petey's heart has gotten worse over the last four months, but he isn't in heart failure. He is now moderate/severe occult stage. The Cardiology said with out meds he is about six months to a year away from heart failure. With meds we may be able to shrink his enlarging heart and buy him more time. He put Petey on a coctail of four different meds. We will see him again for another Echo-cardiogram and Holter Monitor, to see if the meds are working, if not he will add a stronger med, the big gun of DCM. I feel good now to have a competent doctor on our side, the other two were waiting for heart failure to treat Petey with meds, this guy does it while there is still quality time left. Petey and I were in the examining room for two hours, the doctor spent at least an hour talking to me about the disease and expectations. He didn't think the stem cells were right for us for now, but will revisit that option three months from now. He told me about the people doing it, they are out of options, dogs are in the latter stages. I still feel very sad, trying so hard to get back to the happy place I was on December 9th, right before I opened the Email containing his test results. My world has been turned upside down since. Continued prayers, good vibes, positive energy that these meds kick in and his heart stops enlarging. He could get a couple of years of quality life if that happens. I would be grateful for every month we get together.

Here is my beautiful boy at the Cardiologists examination room. Petey was AWESOME, he laid on the table and didn't move at all. I love this boy, he makes me so proud. He is my best buddy.

35.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey saw the new Cardiologist. The man is amazing, so worth the four hour round trip. Petey's heart has gotten worse over the last four months, but he isn't in heart failure. He is now moderate/severe occult stage. The Cardiology said with out meds he is about six months to a year away from heart failure. With meds we may be able to shrink his enlarging heart and buy him more time. He put Petey on a coctail of four different meds. We will see him again for another Echo-cardiogram and Holter Monitor, to see if the meds are working, if not he will add a stronger med, the big gun of DCM. I feel good now to have a competent doctor on our side, the other two were waiting for heart failure to treat Petey with meds, this guy does it while there is still quality time left. Petey and I were in the examining room for two hours, the doctor spent at least an hour talking to me about the disease and expectations. He didn't think the stem cells were right for us for now, but will revisit that option three months from now. He told me about the people doing it, they are out of options, dogs are in the latter stages. I still feel very sad, trying so hard to get back to the happy place I was on December 9th, right before I opened the Email containing his test results. My world has been turned upside down since. Continued prayers, good vibes, positive energy that these meds kick in and his heart stops enlarging. He could get a couple of years of quality life if that happens. I would be grateful for every month we get together.

Here is my beautiful boy at the Cardiologists examination room. Petey was AWESOME, he laid on the table and didn't move at all. I love this boy, he makes me so proud. He is my best buddy.

35.jpg

it's good to hear you found a good doctor...i hope he can prolong petey's life for years to come

big hug to you and petey
    PJaddicted wrote:

35.jpg

What a stud!!! hugs going to you and Petey.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland