Comments

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Stay Strong Gracie!!!

((((((( love & hugs )))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Glad to see Gracie just had an off day.... :D

As you know, it is those days that are hard for us to handle.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    UH OH...
    boyfriend just texted me while i'm at work... Sammi's rolled in poo and my mom hasn't found out yet...
    the shits gonna hit the fan! literally!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • edwho wrote:
    That’s some real winter weather you got yourself there.

Around here doggie and their masters go up into the mountains and visit snow :shock: Once finished they go back home to sunshine and warmth.

Thanks for sharing. Warn thoughts for you and your health.
    Thanks! They are now saying we may have snow again on Tuesday. :shock:
    NOOOOOOO :!:
    I don't know how you northern folk stand it.
    I'll admit it's nice to look at when you're not worrying about downed power lines.
    imalive wrote:
    remember this picture from Wednesday? Gracie was lethargic, mopey and puking :cry: .

IMG_2618.jpg

Well, things have changed. Yesterday, someone threw the "on" switch! She played HARD at the park and was doing I the stuff I hate (but love to see) - humping my leg, attacking her bed, chasing her tail, pawing under the computer desk, etc. So, Wednesday remains a mystery....was it cancer induced, medicine induced or just a blah day? Who knows? I'm just glad she's spunky again. :mrgreen:

IMG_2620.jpg

Yay, Gracie! So glad to see her back to her old self!
    Stay well, Gracie! :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi everyone!!! Check this out....I bought Petey a new tag and they asked me for info so they could include him in their Blog. http://www.fetchingtags.net/blog/
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone!!! Check this out....I bought Petey a new tag and they asked me for info so they could include him in their Blog. http://www.fetchingtags.net/blog/

Hold onto your Golden Retriever gals, this guy is Hot. . .

:lol::lol::lol:
  • norm wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

That is a super feature for Petey! Way to go! :thumbup:

Also, if you look at it scroll down to see the 2-headed terrier. :wtf: :lol:
    some very sad news from cesar milan :cry:

Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar's longtime friend and partner in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.

He lived each day of those sixteen years happy and fulfilled as Cesar's right-hand-"man," helping to shape the behavior of entire generations of dogs by showing them the way to balance. He stood as champion for calm-submissive pit bulls everywhere, and was instrumental in helping to repair their image as violent, savage, uncontrollable beasts. He successfully battled cancer and weathered chemotherapy, and even got the opportunity to present at the 56th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards!

His name is now added to that honorable roster of dogs gone by whose influence is still felt today, and which includes some of Cesar's beloved childhood heroes: "Rin-Tin-Tin." "Lassie." ... "Daddy."

He has been immortalized by Dog Whisperer fans in all mediums, from painting, to photographs, to charcoal drawings and papier-mâché sculpture. And, of course, he lives on in his work, reflected in the balance and calm-submission of his protégé Junior, the countless animals to whom he was a positive role model, and in the hearts and minds of everyone who knew him as a calm, sweet, and mellow example of a widely misunderstood breed.

In Loving Memory.

http://www.cesarsway.com/newsletter/ann ... daddy.html
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    I could go for a doggie picture(s) today.... :think:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:

Same here!!! :(

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Same here!!! :(

to tide us over.....

1351-GoldenRetrieverPuppy30pcSmall.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I'm working on it! :D
    old pic but this is what norm is doing right now :D

IMG_0871.jpg
    norm wrote:

IMG_0871.jpg

Something about that perspective makes it look like you threw Norm into one of these:

Hedge%20Trimming%201.jpg

:shock: :wave:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    well i rotated it so it would fit to be posted...one day i'm sure that the stellar programmers of the site will fix it :roll:
  • I haven't been in these parts lately !

I hope everyone is doing well

With the baby in the house she has a protector..I've been calling him Deputy Dog

DeputyBailey.jpg

He's been so protective of her :D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    A friend made this for me!

petey-1.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    I've been calling him Deputy Dog

DeputyBailey.jpg

looks more like Droopy Dog. Jealous of the baby.....or just worn out? :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    A friend made this for me!

petey-1.jpg
    that is very cool
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    norm wrote:
    PJaddicted wrote:

This is awesome!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    norm wrote:
    some very sad news from cesar milan :cry:

Cesar Millan, all his family and friends, his staff and volunteers, and dog lovers all around the world today will mourn the passing of one of the most loyal, trusting, well-balanced, and influential pit bull ambassadors the world has ever known. Daddy, Cesar's longtime friend and partner in canine rehabilitation, died peacefully surrounded by family on Friday the 19th of February. He was sixteen years old.

He lived each day of those sixteen years happy and fulfilled as Cesar's right-hand-"man," helping to shape the behavior of entire generations of dogs by showing them the way to balance. He stood as champion for calm-submissive pit bulls everywhere, and was instrumental in helping to repair their image as violent, savage, uncontrollable beasts. He successfully battled cancer and weathered chemotherapy, and even got the opportunity to present at the 56th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards!

His name is now added to that honorable roster of dogs gone by whose influence is still felt today, and which includes some of Cesar's beloved childhood heroes: "Rin-Tin-Tin." "Lassie." ... "Daddy."

He has been immortalized by Dog Whisperer fans in all mediums, from painting, to photographs, to charcoal drawings and papier-mâché sculpture. And, of course, he lives on in his work, reflected in the balance and calm-submission of his protégé Junior, the countless animals to whom he was a positive role model, and in the hearts and minds of everyone who knew him as a calm, sweet, and mellow example of a widely misunderstood breed.

In Loving Memory.

http://www.cesarsway.com/newsletter/ann ... daddy.html

That is sad... :(
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

posting the images never works for me so here are some direct links of my girls:

Miss Maggs chillin' at the Cape a couple years ago:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 0_0747.jpg

Miss Callie...the Clown....looking to play:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 13_0_0.jpg

Maggie is sweeter and puts on the sweet face to play:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 09_0_0.jpg

Up close...Maggie wasn't happy with how little room she was getting on the couch:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 17_0_0.jpg

Callie...of course, looking to play, last summer:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/W ... 0_1090.jpg

Whizbang wrote:
    posting the images never works for me so here are some direct links of my girls:
    You're a smart girl, right? Just set photobucket to resize your photos to 480x640 when uploading. Then, bracket the link with the and thingees. I know you can do it. ;)

Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • OK, not the greatest pics but here's a few.

Our friends' dog Conan came to stay with us for a few days while they were out of town.

DSC05307-1.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't think Conan had very good time this visit. :(

He's an only dog and his family dotes on him, of course.
    At our house, he's part of the pack and our dogs treat him like he ranks pretty low. :| :eh:
    He and Penny love to play together but she still picks on him.

DSC05313.jpg

Usually I try to spend as much time as I can playing with him but since I was sick all last week, I really wasn't up to much. Conan sort of got neglected. :oops:
    At least compared to what he's used to! ;)

But sick or not, Penny makes sure she gets plenty of lovey time! When I felt rotten, she would jump on the bed and cuddle with me. :D

Princess Penny:

DSC05305.jpg

DSC05313.jpg

my inner Cesar thinks Conan has "not been properly socialized."

No such problems with Gracie. If nothing else, she LOVES the pack! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:

IMG_0871.jpg

Something about that perspective makes it look like you threw Norm into one of these:

Hedge%20Trimming%201.jpg

:shock: :wave:
    Velcro dog? :eh: :wtf:
  • imalive wrote:

DSC05313.jpg

my inner Cesar thinks Conan has "not been properly socialized."

Your inner Cesar is correct.
    Having been owned by several dogs since I was 5 years old, it frustrates me to be around a dog with so little training.
    Conan is our friends' first puppy. For many years they had a wonderful sheltie named Elmo that we adored and loved having him come stay with us. But Elmo was 4 years old when they adopted him and had impeccable manners. He would also tear around and play with Pete and Django, making for some great times together. But sadly, he died about 3 years ago. :cry:

These friends have often asked my advice about Conan, from the time they first got him. But I think they find it hard to train him. I understand in a way. Like I said, he's their first puppy and I don't think they realized how much work is involved when you get a little guy. :crazy:
    imalive wrote:

yesterday on my walk, a friend came with me and brought her golden, Valen...very sweet dog but a little touched...he couldn't be trained to be a service dog :(

anyway, he is a really friendly dog...loves dogs, people, dogs and people! :P

and norm? wanted nothing to do with him...too many sniffs on the walk...sniffs are the most important thing in the little guy's life! :mrgreen:
  • norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

yesterday on my walk, a friend came with me and brought her golden, Valen...very sweet dog but a little touched...he couldn't be trained to be a service dog :(

anyway, he is a really friendly dog...loves dogs, people, dogs and people! :P

and norm? wanted nothing to do with him...too many sniffs on the walk...sniffs are the most important thing in the little guy's life! :mrgreen:
    Penny is so dang sociable that it's something of a problem when we go to Obedience class every week. She wants to play with all the other dogs and ask their people for treats! :roll:
    imalive wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    You're a smart girl, right? Just set photobucket to resize your photos to 480x640 when uploading. Then, bracket the link with the and thingees. I know you can do it. ;)

Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

Thanks!
    I do have the computer aptitude of a walnut. It does work....just by the time I realize I have to re-size, I've already found it to be a cumbersome task so I take the easy route, one I know works. ;)