~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    happy sunday!!

bc4d3b82.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    IMG_2625.jpg

Gracie is doing good....the occasional bloody poop; the occasional throw up :cry: .....but mostly good! :thumbup:

wow what a great picture !!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,877
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

here's another:

IMG_2640.jpg

that friggin' Aussie is so obsessed.....they had another play date yesterday and Missy spent the ENTIRE time turning circles and barking at a kite. :roll: :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

here's another:

IMG_2640.jpg

that friggin' Aussie is so obsessed.....they had another play date yesterday and Missy spent the ENTIRE time turning circles and barking at a kite. :roll: :lol::lol:
    I love that play stance dogs do- I like it when they do it to me when I get my play stance on :) I can picture Gracie's friend running circles and barking at a kite- all my doggies got nutty like that last week over a couple old crows in the backyard- crows were lovin it makin extra crow noise :D
    pandora wrote:
    I can picture Gracie's friend running circles and barking at a kite-

I think the "herding group" can tend toward obsessive behavior. Once they focus on something, it's hard to get them off it. Missy's owner told me she (the owner) tried a laser pointer for a chase game......and Missy was still looking for it, two hours after it was turned off. :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:

I think the "herding group" can tend toward obsessive behavior. Once they focus on something, it's hard to get them off it. Missy's owner told me she (the owner) tried a laser pointer for a chase game......and Missy was still looking for it, two hours after it was turned off. :lol::lol:
    yes that is pretty obsessive. My computer guy he had one years ago but he did not get that poor dog enough exercise and it became very neurotic. So sad to see, chewing even at himself. I think he gave the dog to someone with acreage. They definitely need a purpose in life or at least a chance to wear themselves out.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

here's another:

IMG_2640.jpg

happy happy joy joy....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Well, that running in circles stuff is very much herding behavior. Shelties love to spin around and I swear they can turn on a dime. Some have a much stronger herding instinct than others though. Penny constantly tries to herd every person and dog she meets! I'd like to do some herding training with her. She's so smart and really wants to please.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Well, that running in circles stuff is very much herding behavior. Shelties love to spin around and I swear they can turn on a dime. Some have a much stronger herding instinct than others though. Penny constantly tries to herd every person and dog she meets! I'd like to do some herding training with her. She's so smart and really wants to please.
    made me giggle when you said Penny tries to herd every person cute
    pandora wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    made me giggle when you said Penny tries to herd every person cute
    It's true! Plus I'll forget about it, then I'll be in the back yard and she starts nipping at my heels and trying to head me off!

Speaking of shelties herding, this is Django's sister Brooke:

brooke.jpg
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    This is my Callie....getting some gray on her face.....

3.jpg
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    Whizbang wrote:
    posting the images never works for me so here are some direct links of my girls:
    Whizbang wrote:

3.jpg

welcome to the 21st century. ;) :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Whizbang wrote:
    This is my Callie....getting some gray on her face.....

3.jpg

i had to do a double take...at quick glance i thought that was norm! :? :lol:

sucha sweet face...gray or no gray :mrgreen:
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    norm wrote:
    happy sunday!!

bc4d3b82.jpg

:shock: NORMIE HAS GONE INTO THE WILD!!!! :lol:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    SENROCK wrote:

norm (the dad) has been meaning to do some yardwork... :shifty:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Some good vibes, prayers needed for Petey, we are trying to get into a stem cell study. They are injecting doberman hearts with Stem Cells, hoping that it reverses the DCM. They have done two dogs so far. The trials they did on other animals all went really well. Today I submitted all his health records and I'm waiting to hear back weather or not he can have the procedure done. If this works with dogs, it can lead to a cure for damaged human hearts in the future. It would be pretty cool to be part of such a important study. I'm hopeful it could buy my boy more time.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    Will keep Petey close in mind. :D
    ((((vibes)))) for you and Petey. I hope you get him into the study and that it's a success!! :D

Gracie's study seems like its been good (fingers crossed)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pup kisses from my girls to Petey and Gracie. good vibes.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

imalive wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    posting the images never works for me so here are some direct links of my girls:
    Whizbang wrote:

3.jpg

welcome to the 21st century. ;) :thumbup:

I knew you'd say something! hehehe!
    I cannot take credit for doing anything different. This one happened to be sized right from photobucket. ;)

I'm glad this thread gives me some perspective on our dogs' health and costs of caring for them. It's not a new lesson but it's a good reminder.

I took Penny and Django for dentistry last week and mentioned that Django has slowed down recently. He's been a little mopey, less active, and occasionally kind of cranky. His bloodwork was all OK so the vet figured he was starting to have osteoarthritis. He'd also packed on 5 lbs. (he weighed 47 a year ago). The vet sent him home with a week's supply of Previcox and agreed to check on him in a few days.

Django bounced back FAST. Much more active and playful. So the vet recommended we start him on a low dose for the next 6 mos. Sounds good to me and I go pick up a month's supply. Cost: $103.48. :wtf: I wasn't prepared for that one.

Of course, compared to what Gracie's going through, $100 a month probably isn't too bad. But I'd better find a job soon and maybe Django needs to get one too. ;)
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    what do you all feed your dogs? i buy natural way, it doesn't have any by products, artificial flavors, artificial colors, perservatives, hormoanes, wheat, corn or soy......and has a lot of vitamins and minerals in it

http://www.lassie.com/naturalway/natural-way-flash.htm

it's pretty cheap, too, under $20 for a bag which i think is 20lbs or thereabouts. they only have it at 1 chain of grocery stores but to get something similar at petsmart would be around twice that or more. they only have the 2 types of adult food but other than rachel ray's new brand, which they only carry in the small bags so far, are the only dry foods in the grocery store without meat by products and loaded with corn. they also have small bags of newman's but that's a lot more. some, like beneful, cost more and are filled with a lot of bad stuff. all of pedigrees dry foods, too

i mix in a little we food from petsmart, i just get a bunch of cans of different brands without by products, corn and a lot of that nasty crap. there's usually a sale on at least 1 of them which makes it basically pedigree and alpo prices, authority is pretty cheap, too. it makes me laugh when i look at brands like pedigree and alp and generally in the 'beef' ones the most 'meat' in them is chicken by products
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    OMG!! Gracie may have just had THE BEST play date EVER at the park. Besides Gracie, there was Missy the Aussie, Rusty the Golden, Damien the Shepherd and Marty the Poodle. They all just ran and ran and ran. It does my heart good (and Gracie's) :mrgreen:

wish I woulda had my camera :roll: .

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    imalive wrote:
    OMG!! Gracie may have just had THE BEST play date EVER at the park. Besides Gracie, there was Missy the Aussie, Rusty the Golden, Damien the Shepherd and Marty the Poodle. They all just ran and ran and ran. It does my heart good (and Gracie's) :mrgreen:

wish I woulda had my camera :roll: .
    That's Awesome!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    ugly%20dog%201.jpg
    wishlistfoundation.org
    ugly%20dog%201.jpg
    on my- is that your dog evil closet monkey :?: :lol:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    ugly%20dog%201.jpg
    That's not a real dog, is it? :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I'm clueless

Oh dude, that's just hilarious. :lolno:

This thread celebrates dogs.... happy dogs, sick dogs, shelter dogs, purebred dogs, problem dogs, dying dogs. It's often been called "the best thread" because of the positive vibes and sense of community. If that really was your dog (but it's not) we would all shudder and be supportive of you. This wasn't funny a year ago and it doesn't strike me as funny now.

There you go though...you managed to f**k up "the best" thread. See ya in another year...........or not. :silent:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I'm clueless

Oh dude, that's just hilarious. :lolno:

This thread celebrates dogs.... happy dogs, sick dogs, shelter dogs, purebred dogs, problem dogs, dying dogs. It's often been called "the best thread" because of the positive vibes and sense of community. If that really was your dog (but it's not) we would all shudder and be supportive of you. This wasn't funny a year ago and it doesn't strike me as funny now.

There you go though...you managed to f**k up "the best" thread. See ya in another year...........or not. :silent:

easy my friend...ecm is good people...he's just screwing around...although i'm not sure why he chose this thread...the porch has more than enough nonsense threads to fuck around in ;)
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imalive wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:

norm (the dad) has been meaning to do some yardwork... :shifty:

:lol::lol::lol: "norm the dadd" :lol::lol::lol:

more Gracie pics please! :D And where are the new pics of Orbit??!!! (Austicman!) :wave:

And effin monkey! i HATE when you post that messed up picture!!! ya big chump!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!