Comments

• vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    those fuzzy feet are so awesome! :D:D:D:D:D
    be philanthropic
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    those fuzzy feet are so awesome! :D:D:D:D:D
    :D
    yeah... she gets a lot of compliments!
    but they're not soo good for her, esp in the winter when it snows (not like we have to worry about that this winter huh! ;) )
    i just trimmed her feets about a month ago... should prob get around to do that again
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappa wrote:
    She's being a bit grumpy but decided to pose for the camera tonight:
    Sammi1.jpg?t=1265438934
    Sammi2.jpg?t=1265439034
    Sammi3.jpg?t=1265439065
    Pretty cute for a grump! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,244
    I need to trim my puppy's nails. Does anybody know if that "PEDI-PAWS" thing they sell on T.V. works?
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
    I need to trim my puppy's nails. Does anybody know if that "PEDI-PAWS" thing they sell on T.V. works?
    Im not sure, i'm always scared of doing it myself. But a vet once told me if you cut them and they bleed put baking soda on the tips it stops the bleeding
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736

A friend of mine has a rot, and he says "it does not work" on him....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Ok so here is an update on the Trix,

The vet went ok, he says that she is very attentive, but shows signs of an older dog. Well duh she will be 13 on fathers day this year..... I told him about her eating has slowed down, and now she is going poop in the house, which could have something to do with all the snow/ice we have outside. She goes pee outside but struggles to stay standing up, and once she falls down i have to pick her up. The new lump on the right side of her neck near the middle front, he said was a lumph noid, and could be part of the reason her eating has slowed down.... I just need to keep an eye on it. I just dont want her to be in pain....

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:

The vet went ok, he says that she is very attentive, but shows signs of an older dog. Well duh she will be 13 on fathers day this year..... I told him about her eating has slowed down, and now she is going poop in the house, which could have something to do with all the snow/ice we have outside. She goes pee outside but struggles to stay standing up, and once she falls down i have to pick her up. The new lump on the right side of her neck near the middle front, he said was a lumph noid, and could be part of the reason her eating has slowed down.... I just need to keep an eye on it. I just dont want her to be in pain....

PEACE

poor trix.
    glad there's nothing serious going on with her, but yea...hate to see a dog suffer.
    the going in the house may well be related to the weather plus her age. hopefully as the snow clears, her habits will take her back outside.

my first doggie as a child was a dalmatian. princess. she was actually my oldest sister's dog, but yea....was the family's dog. loved her! she grew nice and old too.....really, how i remember her. such a sweetie.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

A friend of mine has a rot, and he says "it does not work" on him....

that's what someone just told me, it doesn't fit all paws/dogs
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:

PEACE
    I was thinking about Trix over the weekend wondering how it went. Yeah, it seems like with older dogs there are so many little problems that you have to keep track of. Rarely is it one big crisis. You have to keep watching all the small ones to see what is the cumulative effect. Stressful for you but I'm betting that Trix is still happy and loving. The changes come gradually to her and she keeps on adjusting to them.

As a good friend of mine says, sucks when your dogs get old. :(
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

PEACE
    I was thinking about Trix over the weekend wondering how it went. Yeah, it seems like with older dogs there are so many little problems that you have to keep track of. Rarely is it one big crisis. You have to keep watching all the small ones to see what is the cumulative effect. Stressful for you but I'm betting that Trix is still happy and loving. The changes come gradually to her and she keeps on adjusting to them.

As always, the whoprincess :mrgreen: is right on the money. Let's hope spring comes early to Montana. There are no magic words, Ron, be we and TRIX know you are doing all you can for her. Hang in there. It's not easy when you realize the stuff is adding up. :cry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

It does to a certain point. I used to work in a dog kennel, and Jennifer (my GF) was a dog groomer, so we have a bit of experience clipping nails. Her much more so than me, but in any case it works. I wouldn't recommend trying to do the entire nail that way though...I mean, it's basically just a sander that makes the nail more smooth. I personally think you still need to clip the nails, depending on how long the nail is. Obviously black nails are harder to clip cause you cannot see the quick through the nail...

Anyway, I'm rambling. :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

It does to a certain point. I used to work in a dog kennel, and Jennifer (my GF) was a dog groomer, so we have a bit of experience clipping nails. Her much more so than me, but in any case it works. I wouldn't recommend trying to do the entire nail that way though...I mean, it's basically just a sander that makes the nail more smooth. I personally think you still need to clip the nails, depending on how long the nail is. Obviously black nails are harder to clip cause you cannot see the quick through the nail...

Anyway, I'm rambling. :)

that's some good info to know, thanks :thumbup: this is my first dog
    Yeah - and most dogs loooooove the sound of a loudly buzzing spinning thing near their feet!! Use a dremel if you're desperate and want to traumatize your dog forever....100 grit sand paper and nail clippers seem to work on our mutts. They hate it, but they don't protest much...just look all droopy dog and "help meeeeee"... :?

and then I spoil them with biscuits!! :D:D:D

By the way, I realize I haven't commented on all the aging and ill doggies on here...please know that I think of them often...Petey especially....my Charley seems to be collapsing when he runs too hard or gets over-exciting. The other day at the dog park, after he keeled over into a heap of over-stimulated and panting pile of fur, he puked up his breakfast (at about 2 pm)....He seems to recover pretty quickly, bit I can't help but think it's his heart (he is a pet shop puppy after all)...Otherwise, he's just a big ol' goof and wants to snuggle..

So, yeah...I feel for each and every one of you who has an aging or ailing pooch...I wish them the greatest of lives, buckets of treats, and all the running free the can muster....
    be philanthropic
  • I need to trim my puppy's nails. Does anybody know if that "PEDI-PAWS" thing they sell on T.V. works?

As a puppy I would go ahead and either do it yourself with toenail clippers ( the big ones ). Or, your best bet, is when you go to the vet for check ups and shots just have them clip his nails. Once your puppy is around 5 months or so, he/she should be developed enough to wear them down naturally. If you run him or take him to the park often, you will never need to clip his nails again.
  • 023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Yay a white boxer :mrgreen:

I used to live in a place that had a white boxer ... with one blue eye and one brown eye :D

Love boxers. Used to have a red and white female who was the best dog ever ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    imalive wrote:

As always, the whoprincess :mrgreen: is right on the money. Let's hope spring comes early to Montana. There are no magic words, Ron, be we and TRIX know you are doing all you can for her. Hang in there. It's not easy when you realize the stuff is adding up. :cry:

Thanks to all for your support!!!

Yes she is still very loving and most of the time happy, the new meds might be helping with that. She gets more treats then ever now... After I got home last night we went outside, she starts to run in the ice n snow, i'm like :shock: take it easy girl.... She kinda slowed down after that.... Man i can't wait till spring, for her sake!!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday
    Happy Birthday?
    just prescious- I thought maybe a pit/boxer mix? My grandoggie is a "Boxit". My first pit bull love.
    You did not share a name with your beauty?
    pandora wrote:
    023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday
    Happy Birthday? Dixon?
    just prescious- I thought maybe a pit/boxer mix? My grandoggie is a "Boxit". My first pit bull love.
  • 023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday
    Pretty doggy! But so serious! :shock: ;)
    Not deaf, I hope. I had a white blue-eyed sheltie who was born deaf.
    023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday
    Pretty doggy! But so serious! :shock: ;)
    Not deaf, I hope. I had a white blue-eyed sheltie who was born deaf.
    Our Charlie is deaf now- he's 13. We have resorted to "sign motion" and touch now but he seems so alone- sits and barks for no reason that I can tell. Kind of in his own little world.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875

By the way, I realize I haven't commented on all the aging and ill doggies on here...please know that I think of them often...

It's not easy knowing what to say.... :cry:

Meanwhile, Gracie is as picked on as ever. :roll: :lol:

IMG_2608.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandora wrote:
    023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday
    Happy Birthday?
    You did not share a name with your beauty?

His name is Dixon. Named after a University of Maryland Basketball player from the 2002 NCAA title team. He is 100% boxer. My brother has his sister, haha that sounds funny. Outta the 10 pups from his liter, 3 were white, 5 were fawn, and 2 were brindle. One of the white pups was born deaf but Dixon is not deaf. Lots of people ask me if he is a Pit or an American Bulldog. Ive run into alot people that didnt know White Boxers exsist. He is a loveable Badass. :mrgreen:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Thanks to all for your support!!!

Yes she is still very loving and most of the time happy, the new meds might be helping with that. She gets more treats then ever now... After I got home last night we went outside, she starts to run in the ice n snow, i'm like :shock: take it easy girl.... She kinda slowed down after that.... Man i can't wait till spring, for her sake!!!!

hang in there ron
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2608.jpg

crazy...just like her father ;):lol:
  • 023.jpg

8 weeks old

Dixon112.jpg

7 months old

Dixon105.jpg

1st Birthday

omg...so precious!
    happy birthday!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

imalive wrote:

By the way, I realize I haven't commented on all the aging and ill doggies on here...please know that I think of them often...

It's not easy knowing what to say.... :cry:

IMG_2608.jpg
    HA! looks pretty comfortable there!
    so cute!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    snowstorm10.jpg

Petey says hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing great!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    OMG! Look at you snowshoeing with Petey!! And they even look like Atlas snowshoes!! :D:D:D:D

Charley and Remy love going snowshoeing with us...but we haven't had any snow this year - and we've been too lazy to drive to our local mountain (3 hours away)...but I miss it like crazy! I've had my Atlas shoes for about 10 years now...nobody used to snowshoe back then, but now just about everyone does it....

So it's good to see Petey out there with you! cutting a trail is very hard on dogs....ours usually had to swim until we got to the backcountry trails!
    be philanthropic