Comments

• Dixon009.jpg
    Dixon004.jpg
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Read Petey's tag!

DSC02253.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    LOVES IT! My oldest dog will come over to me, lean her rump against my legs....for the required scratching of her butt!
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Read Petey's tag!

DSC02253.jpg
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Whizbang wrote:
    LOVES IT! My oldest dog will come over to me, lean her rump against my legs....for the required scratching of her butt!
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Read Petey's tag!

DSC02253.jpg

:lol::lol:

yep...norm will come up to me...i'll start scratching his head and then the slow turn until i'm face to face with his butt :crazy: :lol:
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    4356617299_85e29d507a.jpg

Not mine, but I did teach her how to float last summer :)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• edwho wrote:

I wish I was in that pool right now. With an ice cold beer... nice pic. :thumbup:
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    edwho wrote:

Great photo!!!!!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    edwho wrote:

"not mine" pool or "not mine" dog?? :crazy:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited February 2010
    Thank you all for the kind words. I’ve been enjoying your thread and doggie pics for a while now and so I thought I’d share one or two from last summer. Sorry about the sunny pool pictures as I know a lot of you are experiencing snow and cold up to your eyeballs. Maybe these will help warm you up.

imalive, neither, but I do have the good fortune of access. A little slice of heaven this property is. Truth be told the family that lives there and their three dogs are what make it special.

Did someone say beer? Sunset by the pool with a cold Heineken and a good cigar is hard to beat. There’s also a humming bird that shows up about that time to look for bugs in the palm leaves.

4359385047_9dab921302.jpg

Can you guess which one would prefer to drink from the pool rather than float on it?
    Post edited by edwho on

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Big snowstorm here (north Texas) that dumped 12.5" last Thursday, a record for a 24 hour period. No electricity from 8 PM Thursday to midnight Sunday, so no computer! :wtf: :thumbdown:
    HOW I HAVE MISSED THIS THREAD! So good to see everybody again. :wave:

I will post some snow dog pictures later. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Big snowstorm here (north Texas) that dumped 12.5" last Thursday, a record for a 24 hour period. No electricity from 8 PM Thursday to midnight Sunday, so no computer! :wtf: :thumbdown:
    HOW I HAVE MISSED THIS THREAD! So good to see everybody again. :wave:

I will post some snow dog pictures later. :mrgreen:

Glad to see you got the elecricity back on!!! Hope things are good with everyone...
    Looking forward to the snow pictures...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddicted wrote:
    Read Petey's tag!

DSC02253.jpg

awesome pic!
    (and tag)
    :mrgreen:

igby i think gets too *excited* by that.
    :lol:
    chloe loves it tho.

and the floating puppies.....priceless!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• OK, it's taken me a little while to get back here with the snow pics! I've been hit by a nasty upper respiratory infection and it's kind of wiping me out.

Soooooo, the the weather people were predicting 1-2" of snow for last Thursday but said it would be mixed with rain and wouldn't stick, the worst of it would pass us by, blah blah woof woof. I never pay much attention to these predictions of snow because it only snows around here a couple of times a year and we'd already had snow 3 times, for crying out loud! We had our first White Xmas since 1926! It's true, we tend to get our coldest weather January-February but snow just isn't much of an issue. Ice storms, on the other hand, are a BIG DEAL and pretty much paralyze the area because there's no equipment to deal with it.

I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of snow when I woke up Thursday morning and my back yard was starting to look like this:

DSC05218.jpg

We'd already had twice as much snow as predicted and it was still coming down! It snowed all day Thursday, that night, and the next morning and set a new record. Glenn took these pictures Friday morning. Funny, they could be black and white. The front of my house:

DSC05241.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

It's probably hard to appreciate this view of the street. We live on a residential street but it's a very busy one that cuts through this whole side of town. It's on the bus line and lots of people use it to commute. So there's always plenty of traffic, especially during rush hour, plus lots of kids walking to school. But here it is Friday morning at rush hour:

DSC05245.jpg

OK, now we get to the important part, the doggy pictures! ;)
    those pics are gorgeous! :thumbup:

hope ya feel better :)
  • Dashing through the snow . . . .

DSC05227.jpg

What's this stuff?

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05233.jpg

DSC05234.jpg

Even though this one got cropped it still cracks me up because I can hear the dogs barking: :lol:

DSC05237.jpg
    OK, it's taken me a little while to get back here with the snow pics! I've been hit by a nasty upper respiratory infection and it's kind of wiping me out.

OK, now we get to the important part, the doggy pictures! ;)

Hope your feeling better :!:

Awesome doggy snow pics :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

DSC05234.jpg

AWWWWWWW!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Now, here's where things get pretty funny.
    The electricity went out about 8 PM Thursday night. It stayed off until midnight Sunday. 76 hours with no light and no heat!
    We built a fire and sat around the fireplace for 3 days. I think we burned more firewood than in the previous 2 winters.

By Sunday it was getting pretty frigging cold in here! Glenn was getting over an URI, which he had kindly passed on to me (marriage is about sharing :roll: ), and I was starting to feel kinda crappy. :sick:

Desperate times call for desperate measures. :shifty:

DSC05256.jpg

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05263-1.jpg

Only amongst you, my CLOSE FRIENDS of the Doggie Thread, would I dare to post these pictures of myself! :P :oops:
  • norm wrote:
    DSC05234.jpg

AWWWWWWW!!!! :mrgreen:
    Miss Penny is a cutie, all right! She just brightens our lives every day.

Shoulda included this one:

DSC05238.jpg
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    LOL SO CUTE!

Mine is extremely jealous right now!!
    I don't think she's the type of husky who enjoys unusually warm vancouver winters!
    Feels like spring today!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam

Even though this one got cropped it still cracks me up because I can hear the dogs barking: :lol:

DSC05237.jpg

That is some LEGIT snow! I love those pics. :mrgreen:

I had a sad day yesterday with Gracie :cry: . She woke up without a lot of energy and I had to try and get her to eat (and take her SEVEN pills :shock: ) before I went to meet some friends for breakfast. She wasn't interested in eating, so I put her and her bowl in the back of my truck and took her along. Breakfast took two hours and when I came out, she still hadn't eaten (btw - the breakfast bill for 3 of us was $36...about the same as Gracie's :cry: ). We stopped at the park on our way home and she saw some "buddies" - Damien the Shepherd, Buddy the Pug and Missy the Aussie. So, that was fun and I was feeling better. We get home and I tried Gracie's breakfast again. She ate it.........and barfed it all back up a short while later :cry: . This could have been because she drank a lot, played hard and ate grass at the park. I feel bad that I didn't tell my wife because she is already worried sick. The hard part is not knowing. So, this is Gracie, yesterday:

IMG_2618.jpg

I am happy to report that Gracie DID seem to rally in the evening and was pretty spunky on her walk this morning. So who the hell knows?? It's just hard. I want her to get a clean bill of health sooooooooooo bad!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    poor gracie...sucks being sick :(
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Gracie's a trooper! A very beautiful trooper!
  • First, thanks everyone for the compliments on the snow pics. My prince gets the credit. He was a pro photographer for many years and has such a great eye. Even with a point-and-shoot, his pictures always put mine to shame.

Also thanks for the well wishes. Unfortunately I'm a lot sicker than I was a few days ago. I keep wondering when I'm going to hit the tipping point and start feeling better instead of worse. :sick:

Finally, I haven't been checking in much but I was so hoping for some good Gracie news. It must feel terrible to watch her when she's feeling bad. Especially since at the the beginning she still seemed like her regular self. :(

I'm going to look at it the way they talk about chemo with people. If it's making her feel sick, it must be working! It takes strong meds to fight cancer but I think Gracie is strong too. I hate it that she feels so bad but I'm counting on a big comeback! :thumbup:

Finally, I haven't been checking in much but I was so hoping for some good Gracie news. It must feel terrible to watch her when she's feeling bad. Especially since at the the beginning she still seemed like her regular self. :(

Thanks, you guys. I'm hoping yesterday was just a "blah" day (we all have them) and that the little girl will be wreaking havoc again in the near future! :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Poor sick doggies :( Butt scratches all round!! :mrgreen:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • awww, haven't checked in for a while.

firstly.....oh gracie! hope everything goes well and she gets better!

whoprincess your puppies in the snow - precious!
    and oh dear, i hope you feel better soon!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Dashing through the snow . . . .

DSC05227.jpg

That’s some real winter weather you got yourself there.

Around here doggie and their masters go up into the mountains and visit snow :shock: Once finished they go back home to sunshine and warmth.

Thanks for sharing. Warn thoughts for you and your health.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

imalive wrote:

Thanks, you guys. I'm hoping yesterday was just a "blah" day (we all have them) and that the little girl will be wreaking havoc again in the near future! :thumbup:

I have been thinking about Gracie, how is she doing ???

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

edited February 2010
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

I have been thinking about Gracie, how is she doing ???

remember this picture from Wednesday? Gracie was lethargic, mopey and puking :cry: .

IMG_2618.jpg

Well, things have changed. Yesterday, someone threw the "on" switch! She played HARD at the park and was doing all the stuff I hate (but love to see) - humping my leg, attacking her bed, chasing her tail, pawing under the computer desk, etc. So, Wednesday remains a mystery....was it cancer induced, medicine induced or just a blah day? Who knows? I'm just glad she's spunky again. :mrgreen:

IMG_2620.jpg
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13