~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    OMG! Look at you snowshoeing with Petey!! And they even look like Atlas snowshoes!! :D:D:D:D

Charley and Remy love going snowshoeing with us...but we haven't had any snow this year - and we've been too lazy to drive to our local mountain (3 hours away)...but I miss it like crazy! I've had my Atlas shoes for about 10 years now...nobody used to snowshoe back then, but now just about everyone does it....

So it's good to see Petey out there with you! cutting a trail is very hard on dogs....ours usually had to swim until we got to the backcountry trails!
    Do you snowshoe at Mt Washington with them?
    I'm going over there during the Olympic break and was thinking about bringing Sammi because we're staying in Courtney... but then i figured she might not be able to snowshoe with us.
    Well she wouldnt snowshoe but i guess her furry feets are like snowshoes anywyas...
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Yeah...Mt. Wash...

Dogs need to stay on a leash when you're not in the back country...and someone will try to tell you to piss off with your dog, but the Mt. Wash actually leases the Strathcona Provincial Park (the back country) from the Province...so they can't kick you out...We would normally go out to Lake Helen McKenzie because the back country trails are not the Mt. Wash snowshoe trails that you have to pay to use. There are a lot of X-country ski tracks that you have to step over to get to the free trails, but it's fun...Rossiter's Rise is also a good place because you have to cut your own trail up - and when you get there, your dog can run around and the view from the top is really really good. You look back towards Mt. Washington and the village, etc.
    be philanthropic
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    snowstorm10.jpg

Petey says hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing great!

Hi back.... great picture....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hey everyone, I'm only sharing this with my Doggie friends....this is my goddaughter on American Idol last night. Her name is Jessica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvyo6bG ... r_embedded
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    So.....Gracie got chemo #4, yesterday. Good news and bad news. The good is that her bloodwork is looking (marginally) better. The oncologist wants us to put her on a lower protein food and we've found a couple of good foods that have 50% less. Let's hope the little shit will eat it :lol::lol::lol: ! Too much protein = elevated creatinine = bad for her kidneys. She still doesn't act sick, at all. :thumbup:

The bad news? Later in the day, the vet calls to tell me the trial drug is no longer a trial and it will now cost $370 per month...and Gracie only takes it every other day! :shock: Right now, her drug costs are $700/mo. There's no way in the world to put a price on our little girl but I sure wouldn't mind hearing "she's cancer free and done with treatment."

edit: the oncologist said Gracie was "pissed off" while getting her chemo. I had to laugh. She may be a lot of things, but "pissed off" is something I've never seen. Psycho? Yes. Wild? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. Pissed off? No. :lol:

IMG_2616.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm only sharing this with my Doggie friends....this is my goddaughter on American Idol last night. Her name is Jessica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvyo6bG ... r_embedded
    yes I remember- did she try out last year? the very pretty young lady with dark hair? Good luck to her she seems to have it all- that would be so exciting for your family! We are watching- I really like the show but usually catch a little hell here for it :D
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    imalive wrote:

edit: the oncologist said Gracie was "pissed off" while getting her chemo. I had to laugh. She may be a lot of things, but "pissed off" is something I've never seen. Psycho? Yes. Wild? Yes. Stubborn? Yes. Pissed off? No. :lol:

:lol: LOVE IT!!!!!! You cant even tell shes "sick" like you said! Its all in the attitude!!! :D
    imalive wrote:
    So.....Gracie got chemo #4, yesterday. Good news and bad news. The good is that her bloodwork is looking (marginally) better. The oncologist wants us to put her on a lower protein food and we've found a couple of good foods that have 50% less. Let's hope the little shit will eat it :lol::lol::lol: ! Too much protein = elevated creatinine = bad for her kidneys. She still doesn't act sick, at all. :thumbup:

The bad news? Later in the day, the vet calls to tell me the trial drug is no longer a trial and it will now cost $370 per month...and Gracie only takes it every other day! :shock: Right now, her drug costs are $700/mo. There's no way in the world to put a price on our little girl but I sure wouldn't mind hearing "she's cancer free and done with treatment."

IMG_2616.jpg
    they have given you a time frame for treatment correct? I mean as to how long this must go on? I am a trusting person as I know you are and I know you have little other choice but hopefully they have a plan in place with you so financially you can plan also.
    pandora wrote:
    they have given you a time frame for treatment correct? I mean as to how long this must go on? I am a trusting person as I know you are and I know you have little other choice but hopefully they have a plan in place with you so financially you can plan also.

That's a good question and, no, Dr. Macy really hasn't. On the plus side, he told me yesterday he is sticking with his original "75-80%" chance of beating this. I guess, subconciously, I don't always ask the tough questions because I'm afraid of the answer :cry: . I'm going to ask him tomorrow a) how will we know if the cancer is gone and b) best guess, how much longer will she be on these meds? I know the chemo isn't having an unwanted toxic effect but the Palladia could. We worry about her every single day. :cry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:

That's a good question and, no, Dr. Macy really hasn't. On the plus side, he told me yesterday he is sticking with his original "75-80%" chance of beating this. I guess, subconciously, I don't always ask the tough questions because I'm afraid of the answer :cry: . I'm going to ask him tomorrow a) how will we know if the cancer is gone and b) best guess, how much longer will she be on these meds? I know the chemo isn't having an unwanted toxic effect but the Palladia could. We worry about her every single day. :cry:
    you have such a wonderful big heart I am here hoping for the best for you all
    imalive wrote:

We worry about her every single day. :cry:

And thinking about you guys also!

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    imalive wrote:

We worry about her every single day. :cry:

And thinking about you guys also!

PEACE
    Same here!
    Seeing that picture of Gracie just makes my heart melt.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Yeah...Mt. Wash...

Dogs need to stay on a leash when you're not in the back country...and someone will try to tell you to piss off with your dog, but the Mt. Wash actually leases the Strathcona Provincial Park (the back country) from the Province...so they can't kick you out...We would normally go out to Lake Helen McKenzie because the back country trails are not the Mt. Wash snowshoe trails that you have to pay to use. There are a lot of X-country ski tracks that you have to step over to get to the free trails, but it's fun...Rossiter's Rise is also a good place because you have to cut your own trail up - and when you get there, your dog can run around and the view from the top is really really good. You look back towards Mt. Washington and the village, etc.
    Ahhh people who don't like seeing dogs run around should piss off! I hate that, seriously. If they dogs arent bothering you, then mind your own business! One time i was walking sammi and some guys dog went nuts on her at hte park, then he has the balls to chew ME out for not having her on a leash! She was just trotting past him minding her own business :roll:

Well, looks like i'm going to the island saturday night but we're bringing out boards and there isn't enough room for Sammi to tag along :( I've never brought her to the island but have always wanted to!!!
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Nothing but love Petey, Trix, Gracie and all the Doggie Thread Hounds!!! :mrgreen:
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2616.jpg
    Yikes! Hefty bill but of course worth it for that beautiful thing! :)
    She looks happy in that picture... hope she recovers soon and well!
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2616.jpg
    I wish I could give Gracie a (((((((( BIG HUG ))))))))) Get well REAL soon!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    HELLO!!!
    100_2731.jpg

Bubba and Chippy
    100_1814.jpg

Our Three Trouble Makers
    100_2807.jpg
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:
    HELLO!!!
    100_2731.jpg

Bubba and Chippy
    100_1814.jpg

Our Three Trouble Makers
    100_2807.jpg
    This is the wrong thread but these three made my day! They look like mischief makers :wave:
    Hi right back at them!
    Austicman wrote:

Our Three Trouble Makers
    100_2807.jpg

I love the way they always seem to hang out together! The bird is pretty damn funny too. :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Lots of blood in Gracie's poop, last night and this morning. The vet says he's "not overly concerned," but I sure am!! :cry::cry::cry:

Still, I'm glad he's not. I will pamper her all day today.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Lots of blood in Gracie's poop, last night and this morning. The vet says he's "not overly concerned," but I sure am!! :cry::cry::cry:

Oh this must be so very hard on you. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and pretty Gracie.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

:( :cry: :(
  • imalive wrote:
    Austicman wrote:

Our Three Trouble Makers
    100_2807.jpg

I love the way they always seem to hang out together! The bird is pretty damn funny too. :lol:
    ha nice assortment of dogs there.
  • Doug is all about the snow

001bso.jpg
    005tzy.jpg
    009zqs.jpg
    imalive wrote:

:(

Hope she is doing better today!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• MrSmith wrote:
    Doug is all about the snow

001bso.jpg
    005tzy.jpg

Doug is so cute!
    MrSmith wrote:
    005tzy.jpg

This picture is a Doggie Thread classic! :lol::lol: :thumbup:
    imalive wrote:

Gracie was actually squirting blood :cry: . The vet says it is probably from the stress of her last chemo (Wed.). She now has another medicine - Fibercon :roll: . After a day of pampering, Gracie seems much better :thumbup: . It is sad, though, that her breakfast today contained 1 Pepcid AC, 1 Fibercon, 1 Luekeran, 2 Palladia and 1 Metoclopramide. The vet also said that maybe next month he will do a needle aspiration cytology and we will see where we stand. (((((fingers crossed!)))))

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    005tzy.jpg

This picture is a Doggie Thread classic! :lol::lol: :thumbup:
    imalive wrote:

Gracie was actually squirting blood :cry: . The vet says it is probably from the stress of her last chemo (Wed.). She now has another medicine - Fibercon :roll: . After a day of pampering, Gracie seems much better :thumbup: . It is sad, though, that her breakfast today contained 1 Pepcid AC, 1 Fibercon, 1 Luekeran, 2 Palladia and 1 Metoclopramide. The vet also said that maybe next month he will do a needle aspiration cytology and we will see where we stand. (((((fingers crossed!)))))
    that little mongrel vanished today for about 5 hours. i looked all over for him and after giving up, i found him on my driveway. stupid dog wont tell me where he went.

im pretty sure squirting blood isnt normal. thats a hell of a lot of stress! hope it is ok, though.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    4 years ago yesterday i brought home my best friend :mrgreen:

IMG_0054.jpg
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    imalive wrote:

So sorry...thinking about you, hoping she is ok.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown