~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    awwwww......great pics!

and vet bills, gggggggggrrrrrrrr. don't even want to get into that. be thankful that you vet bills are improving your pet's lives, not the end of them...:(

:( Yes the vet bills...up to $2000 in the last month for Petey's Cardiologist visits and his heart disease is fatal. My sister asked how I could spent that and know he is going to die soon and I said how could I not if it will buy him some quality time it will be worth it. My poor baby is only 3 it just isn't fair that he is so sick.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,244
    BLUE-ALL POOPED OUT
    SV200134.jpg
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I'm going to say it......

dogs f'ing RULE!!!!!!

great photos! as soon as I get my photos off my camera and phone, I'll upload some new ones of my girls. My Miss Boo has recovered well from her bout with vestibular....she's stopped spinning
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Whizbang wrote:
    I'm going to say it......

dogs f'ing RULE!!!!!!

great photos! as soon as I get my photos off my camera and phone, I'll upload some new ones of my girls. My Miss Boo has recovered well from her bout with vestibular....she's stopped spinning

YEA for boo!!

and dogs do indeed fucking rule!!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    PJaddicted wrote:
    and vet bills, gggggggggrrrrrrrr. don't even want to get into that. be thankful that you vet bills are improving your pet's lives, not the end of them...:(

:( Yes the vet bills...up to $2000 in the last month for Petey's Cardiologist visits and his heart disease is fatal. My sister asked how I could spent that and know he is going to die soon and I said how could I not if it will buy him some quality time it will be worth it. My poor baby is only 3 it just isn't fair that he is so sick.
    Everything about Petey's situation sucks. :thumbdown:
    But I would never question the money you've spent trying to safeguard his health. We spent that much a few years ago when one of our dogs was sick with cancer and I was just glad we were able to do it!

It doesn't surprise me that you're willing to do whatever you can to make Petey's life a happy, safe, comfortable one. Petey has a good mom. :angel:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Austicman wrote:

I sent this pic to my girlfriend the other day and I had labelled it the 3 amigo's

100_2626.jpg

She wrote back "More like the children of the corn with all those glowing eyes!" :lol::lol:

They've been a crazy bunch lately. Orbit so big and boofy and she gets so excited when you get home or are making them dinner and that sends the other two into a frenzy. Funny stuff!!

LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE this picture!!!!! Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Orbit is growing just BEAUTIFULLY!!!!
    We just got allergy test results back for our wheaten terrier (Riley), and she's allergic to all sorts of stuff, including her food (chicken, pork & oats), dust, and random trees and plants... I have to go pick up new food for her tonight and we gotta see what we can do to get the dust under control in our house.

We are hoping to avoid allergy shots and to get off of Atopica ($50 for 15 pills!)...

And our boxer pup (Max) just got neutered last week, and since neither ball dropped, the surgery was more invasive and more expensive... we joke that it cost more to find his nuts than it did to buy him in the first place.

We've spent waaaayyyy too much time and money at the vet the last few weeks!

Riley
    IMG_0124.jpg

Max
    IMG_0119.jpg

Both being lazy on the couch
    IMG_0080.jpg

THERES MAXXX!!!!!! I look at the puppy pic you posted of him, ALL THE TIME!!!!! :mrgreen: Riley is awesome!!!!
    On a good note....my hubby gave me the ok to start searching for a puppy from a reputable Doberman breeder, that does all the health testing and knows the lines inside and out. The biggest problem I'm having is finding a breeder who will leave a Brown Male all Natural, I want the ears and tail left on. I may have to import one from Europe from a country that bans docking and cropping.

Petey's cardiologist hasn't gotten back to me with what meds he needs to be on. It's been a week since his 24 hour test, and now I think I'm seeing signs that his heart is getting worse. He got really out of breath last night when I got home from work and during the night he was snoring and started crying, I jumped up and thought he was having a heart attack. Torture watching him. I love him so much.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey's cardiologist hasn't gotten back to me with what meds he needs to be on. It's been a week since his 24 hour test, and now I think I'm seeing signs that his heart is getting worse. He got really out of breath last night when I got home from work and during the night he was snoring and started crying, I jumped up and thought he was having a heart attack. Torture watching him. I love him so much.
    I'm so sorry to hear about Petey. I hope the meds work. He's such a young doggie.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    BLUE-ALL POOPED OUT
    SV200134.jpg

Good lord!!! Lookit the size of that bone!! :lol::lol::lol:
    PJaddicted wrote:

I don't have kids but there's nothing worse than hearing a dog cry :cry::cry::cry: . Hang in there, sweetie. I know we're all feeling your pain.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJaddicted wrote:
    On a good note....my hubby gave me the ok to start searching for a puppy from a reputable Doberman breeder, that does all the health testing and knows the lines inside and out. The biggest problem I'm having is finding a breeder who will leave a Brown Male all Natural, I want the ears and tail left on. I may have to import one from Europe from a country that bans docking and cropping.

firstly, i am so, so sorry you are going throught all this. and i soooooooooo feel for petey. breaks my heart.

secondly, are you really set on having a doberman? and does it have to be male? i mean, it seems this is a pretty common issue from what you've said, i personally just don't know if i would want to take that risk again. there are sooooo many fantastic breeds out there, even fabulous mutts....male and female. obviously, you have to follow your heart and do what will make you happy, but just a thought.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJaddicted wrote:
    awwwww......great pics!

exactly, we spent 1k over 2 days for suki. only reason was b/c the vet seemed hopeful that the treatment and tests really COULD make her life better, and longer......how could i deny her that chance, even at 20? would i do it again, i just don't know. my instincts were saying no at the time, but then with the seed of hope firmly planted, it was impossible not to try, for her. always have to do what feels right.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:

So sorry to hear this :( So much sadness in the world these days....

As I can see Trix going down hill, It is one of the hardest things to see....
    I don't pray all that much, but I did pray that i be given all her pain. I wish to take Gracie and Petey's pain as well...
    I want nothing more then to take all the pain away....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

As I can see Trix going down hill, It is one of the hardest things to see....
    I don't pray all that much, but I did pray that i be given all her pain. I wish to take Gracie and Petey's pain as well...

Speaking for Gracie, she just wants you to give Trix all your love. We all have our crosses to bear. Don't be such a stranger around here and take care of yourself and your pooch!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Heard from the Cardiologist....Petey's Holter was GOOD! We are starting him on an ace inhibitor. I am to continue to feed him his raw, give him his handful of heart healthy vitamins, exercise him, and KEEP HIM THIN! He has already gained weight because of me thinking every day is his last day. My vet talked to me for about 20 minutes yesterday, he said I am to STOP treating Petey like a sick dog, to let him live his life no matter how much time he has. They don't know how long he will last, it could be 6 months or 6 years....he is betting that he will easily make his 4th birthday and beyond. So puppy search is over. I did find two breeders that will leave me the ears and tail on my next Doberman. Both have nice lines with Pedigrees with little cardio, and both do major health testing on the dogs they breed. I do want another Doberman. I've had different breeds of dogs and a few mutts and it is my favorite breed, I waited 22 years to get a purebred one, and Petey is a dream come true. I am a MOD on the largest Doberman Forum in the world, It is the only breed for me. The difference is next time, I will be going to a reputable breeder who does everything in their power to produce healthy puppies not a GREEDER, Puppymill or Backyard Breeder who has litters just to make money. Most purebred dogs in this country come from one of those type of breeders and it really needs to be stopped, people who don't know the pedigrees they are breeding to, are ruining the health and longevity of not only Dobermans but most other breeds in this country. People think because the dog is AKC or comes from champion lines it's something special and they should be able to breed the dog. It is wrong, and there are too many of us suffering because of what they are doing. I won't rescue because most of those dogs come from the previous mentioned, and will potentially end up with health problems early on too, my heart can't take much more sadness. I'm moving forward taking this one day at a time....now I'm off to take my boy for a hike to burn some fat off my butt and his waist!!! Love you all, thank you so much for the support....it really means the world to me.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    Well the storm hit and some snow fell, and it is still snowing....

So i got a few pics of the Trix this morning, sorry for the added spots :lol: they are from the snow still coming down....

Trix1-23-104-1.jpg

Saying goodmorning to her friend next door :)
    Trix1-23-102-1.jpg

Trix1-23-105-1-1.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:

Saying goodmorning to her friend next door :)
    Trix1-23-102-1.jpg

good to see the Trix, out and about! :thumbup: :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Trix is doing good, still loves to go out in the snow!!!

She had one of her cyst burst last night, it is on her back right leg. When i was getting some of the puss and blood out, i noticed that the mass was a lot bigger then i had thought. Trying to get in to see the vet this week.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJaddicted wrote:
    Heard from the Cardiologist....Petey's Holter was GOOD! We are starting him on an ace inhibitor. I am to continue to feed him his raw, give him his handful of heart healthy vitamins, exercise him, and KEEP HIM THIN! He has already gained weight because of me thinking every day is his last day. My vet talked to me for about 20 minutes yesterday, he said I am to STOP treating Petey like a sick dog, to let him live his life no matter how much time he has. They don't know how long he will last, it could be 6 months or 6 years....he is betting that he will easily make his 4th birthday and beyond. So puppy search is over. I did find two breeders that will leave me the ears and tail on my next Doberman. Both have nice lines with Pedigrees with little cardio, and both do major health testing on the dogs they breed. I do want another Doberman. I've had different breeds of dogs and a few mutts and it is my favorite breed, I waited 22 years to get a purebred one, and Petey is a dream come true. I am a MOD on the largest Doberman Forum in the world, It is the only breed for me. The difference is next time, I will be going to a reputable breeder who does everything in their power to produce healthy puppies not a GREEDER, Puppymill or Backyard Breeder who has litters just to make money. Most purebred dogs in this country come from one of those type of breeders and it really needs to be stopped, people who don't know the pedigrees they are breeding to, are ruining the health and longevity of not only Dobermans but most other breeds in this country. People think because the dog is AKC or comes from champion lines it's something special and they should be able to breed the dog. It is wrong, and there are too many of us suffering because of what they are doing. I won't rescue because most of those dogs come from the previous mentioned, and will potentially end up with health problems early on too, my heart can't take much more sadness. I'm moving forward taking this one day at a time....now I'm off to take my boy for a hike to burn some fat off my butt and his waist!!! Love you all, thank you so much for the support....it really means the world to me.

Sounds like good advice. Glad to hear he is doing well. I've been thinking about you two. <3
    when we go to the park, Gracie knows exactly where to find the leaky sprinkler for a drink! :mrgreen::lol:

IMG_2575.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    when we go to the park, Gracie knows exactly where to find the leaky sprinkler for a drink! :mrgreen::lol:

IMG_2575.jpg

She is a character isn't she?? :lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Trix is doing good, still loves to go out in the snow!!!

She had one of her cyst burst last night, it is on her back right leg. When i was getting some of the puss and blood out, i noticed that the mass was a lot bigger then i had thought. Trying to get in to see the vet this week.

:shock:

Wow, best of luck to you...sending my best vibes :)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • What a great thread!! even though I came to find it in such horrible circumstances. I wish you all the best!!

I got 2 doggies myself. a female Jack russel terrier (Pebblez also known as Gobo, 2 years) and a Australian Cattledog & tibetian terrier mix (male, Lennox, 8 years). I love them both even though I only "adopted" lennox (he's been my boyfriend's dog before we met). Gobo is my little sweet heart. Always funny, always in a great mood. Makes laugh in all situations. And she's Ms burp-a-lot ;) lennox actually would be more like King fart-a-lot. It stinks horribly and sounds funny. ;) But enough of that sounds and smells from the doggies' bodies ;) Lennox is a real cattle dog. No one should ever try get into our flat without our permission (someone once tried. since then he's got a lot more respect). He doesn't bite (well he hasn't till know) but he's my bodyguard ;)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... 05_274.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... 02_184.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... 09_099.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... kannt2.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... kannt4.jpg
    Someone just asked we WHY would I get another dog???? She really upset me. When I got Petey I thought for sure I'd have him for at least a decade....no way I could have imagined he would be so sick at only 3. Why wouldn't I get another? This women thinks I should prefer to spend more time with my hubby! I'll tell my hubby tonight that he needs to get rid of his motocross bikes and spend more time with me so I don't have to get another dog....what do you think he will say to that???

I am seriously thinking about getting a puppy this Summer, all my research says Petey has about 2 years. What do you guys think about me getting a puppy and having Petey help me raise it?
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Someone just asked we WHY would I get another dog???? She really upset me. When I got Petey I thought for sure I'd have him for at least a decade....no way I could have imagined he would be so sick at only 3. Why wouldn't I get another? This women thinks I should prefer to spend more time with my hubby! I'll tell my hubby tonight that he needs to get rid of his motocross bikes and spend more time with me so I don't have to get another dog....what do you think he will say to that???

some people just don't get it
    PJaddicted wrote:
    I am seriously thinking about getting a puppy this Summer, all my research says Petey has about 2 years. What do you guys think about me getting a puppy and having Petey help me raise it?

do it! petey will be a great friend and trainer for the new pup! :D
    PJaddicted wrote:

I think that is a BRILLIANT idea!!! When and if big pete reaches his final day, I think he will leave feeling that he's done you proud by teaching and training another doggie how he should take care of you-the love of his life since he cant be there anymore. I really like this idea of yours. I admire the way you are moving forward with this and making it.....positive. You are just amazing Carol! Much much love to you and that beautiful doggie of yours! He's a fave up in here! :D
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    PJaddicted wrote:

Definately get a puppy. Dogs are pack animals(yes I'm a cesear fan) and if nothing else Petey will have some constant company all day every day which will be good for his health and weight. And puppies are really coot too!! ;):D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2575.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
    i SWEAR, this doggie NEVER ceases to make me smile huge!!!!! :D
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Stonerlady wrote:
    What a great thread!! even though I came to find it in such horrible circumstances. I wish you all the best!!

I got 2 doggies myself. a female Jack russel terrier (Pebblez also known as Gobo, 2 years) and a Australian Cattledog & tibetian terrier mix (male, Lennox, 8 years). I love them both even though I only "adopted" lennox (he's been my boyfriend's dog before we met). Gobo is my little sweet heart. Always funny, always in a great mood. Makes laugh in all situations. And she's Ms burp-a-lot ;) lennox actually would be more like King fart-a-lot. It stinks horribly and sounds funny. ;) But enough of that sounds and smells from the doggies' bodies ;) Lennox is a real cattle dog. No one should ever try get into our flat without our permission (someone once tried. since then he's got a lot more respect). He doesn't bite (well he hasn't till know) but he's my bodyguard ;)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... 05_274.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... 02_184.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... 09_099.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... kannt2.jpg
    http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z302 ... kannt4.jpg
    CUTE doggies! Welcome to the best thread in the pit! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Thanks a lot!

And BTW: when we got Pebblez, Lennox was already 6 years old and we hadn't have to teach her anything. She comes when you tell her, she sits down when you tell her to. The second dog is so much easier!!!But the first thing she knew was that she had to sit or lie down in her bed almost the entire first week until Lennox let her out of it ;)