~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• imalive wrote:

They look at you with such admiration. :)

Admiration?? I had a treat in my hand. :lol::lol::lol:

Then they admire your treat gathering abilities. :lol: Cleo was prolly looking for dinner when I took her picture.
  • Awww Zeke is adorable. Here is my black lab Cleo. She is getting to be an old girl. She is twelve.

cleosmall.jpg
    DSC00640-1.jpg
    Cleo looks mighty sweet! Sometimes I like dogs best when they start getting old, if that makes sense. You've been through so much with them by then that you just love them even more. :D
    imalive wrote:
    After the beating I took earlier in another thread, it's always nice to come back to the positivity of ~:~:~:The Doggie Thread:~:~:~ :wave:
    Yeah, I saw your thread. You didn't think you might get your ass kicked for even suggesting such heresy? :P :lol: I think you might have been able to make a fairly decent case if you'd waited another six months (or years!) when people weren't still so emotionally attached. Or maybe if you'd taken a sarcastic approach, although I'm not sure The Porch always adapts well to irony. :roll: :ugeek: :lolno:

So take some advice from Django and chill out:

djangosnooze-1.jpg
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Cleo looks mighty sweet! Sometimes I like dogs best when they start getting old, if that makes sense. You've been through so much with them by then that you just love them even more. :D

I know exactly what you mean. I will take an calm and lovable Cleo over her crazy non stop barking and jumping puppy self any day. :)
  • Sometimes I like dogs best when they start getting old, if that makes sense. You've been through so much with them by then that you just love them even more. :D

old dogs are awesome.

sure, puppies are sweet and cuddly and new. and let's face it, new is always enticing and exciting...dogs or people ;).....but there is something to be said for longevity and the passage of time. you really know your dog, he or she knows you...you've got history...and sure, you can just *be*. puppies are fun! old dogs can be too...but the mellowness of doggie age is truly awesome imo. i miss my 'old dog'....sinead. sadly, she's been gone 9 years now, and before i had a digital camera so no pics online of the beauty. but what a dog! chloe os 9 now, and while she still is quite puppyish in many ways, she also has grown/mellowed in her age and top dog status. i think she is a lot happier. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    DSC06462-1.jpg

18-1-1.jpg

SSPX0015-1.jpg

This is my dog Morgan. He is a year and a half old Rhodesian Ridgeback. I can't imagine if we didn't have him because he has brought so much joy to our family. My son adores him and he adores my boy. They are best friends.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    DSC06462-1.jpg

well that could be one of the cutest pics i've ever seen!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    norm wrote:
    DSC06462-1.jpg

Someone's gonna freak when they see this Norm ;) ...great duo
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    DSC06462-1.jpg

Someone's gonna freak when they see this Norm ;) ...great duo

i know ;) :wave:
  • 18-1-1.jpg
    I was going to make a comment about what a brave man you are, raising a toddler and a puppy at the same time, but I see you have them both crate-trained. So that's how you manage! :P :lol::clap:

Srsly, your little boy is so cute and Morgan is really a handsome dog! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Awww Rhodesian Ridgeback's are such neat dogs. Yours is a beaut. What a precious picture. Nothing is cuter then puppies and kids.
    norm wrote:
    so i had a meeting this morning and i dropped norm off with my folks...they absolutely love him...my mom had a refrigerator repair man come to fix the fridge and when he came in, my mom got up to greet him but norm (who was lying at my mom's feet) stood up in front of her, let out a small, low growl and wouldn't let her move...she just told the guy where the fridge was and sat back down

i love dogs!! especially mine! :D

Thats AWESOME!!!!!!!! :lol: NORMIE!!!!!!
    imalive wrote:

Then yesterday, she went back into her dog run for the first time since her surgery. She's got a shaved tummy and we felt a little bad. It was 45 degrees in the morning (Vegas winter :lol: ). So, I bought a new blanket and folded it up for inside her doghouse. When my wife came home, the blankie was in SHREDS. Oh well, at least Gracie stayed warm and had fun. :roll: :mrgreen:

What the FLOWin devil??!! :shock: YOU SENT GRACIE OUTSIDE????????? :shock: i dont BELIEVE this!!! She's a house doggie!!!!!! :lol:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    greetings from my boy Zeke!

IMG_2534.jpg

oh my goodness i LOVVVVVVVVE this picture!!! Zeke is GREAT!!! Thank you for posting this!!! :D
    Austicman wrote:
    So we're off to see the New Zealand's gig's and we'll be gone a week and we're really curious as to how much Orbit will grow while we're gone!! We'll measure her tomorrow and when we back.

ooooh have fun! And PLEEEEASE post new pics of Orbit when u return!!!! :D
    Awww Zeke is adorable. Here is my black lab Cleo. She is getting to be an old girl. She is twelve.

cleosmall.jpg
    DSC00640-1.jpg
    Absolutely beautiful!!!! Welcome, :D Cleo!!!
    DSC06462-1.jpg

18-1-1.jpg

SSPX0015-1.jpg

This is my dog Morgan. He is a year and a half old Rhodesian Ridgeback. I can't imagine if we didn't have him because he has brought so much joy to our family. My son adores him and he adores my boy. They are best friends.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    These pictures MADE MY DAY!!!!! :D oh my god i cant stop AWWWWWing!!!! :lol: Cropduster, you NEVER mentioned you hadd a doggie!!!! PLEASE post more pics when u can! What a LOVELY birthday surprise for me! :lol:

~Sen!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Some more pics of the Morgan monster! :D

DSC06657-1.jpg

DSC08639-1-1-1.jpg

DSC00299-1.jpg
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    our morning walk at devil's gate dam :mrgreen:

e3f2c31e.jpg

266e19db.jpg

578f27ba.jpg

c3bfbc72.jpg

35dffbd9.jpg
  • DSC00299-1.jpg

That's a big ol doggy grin. :mrgreen:
  • More of my Clee.

IMG00037.jpg
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    More of my Clee.

IMG00037.jpg

beautiful!

I've got to get some new ones of my girls put up. They're happily strolling into twilight years and we just go on walks on the beach now (instead of full-bore Frisbee).
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    norm wrote:
    our morning walk at devil's gate dam :mrgreen:

e3f2c31e.jpg

266e19db.jpg

578f27ba.jpg

c3bfbc72.jpg

35dffbd9.jpg

Damn Norm should have been on an episode of

bonanza.jpg
  • Whizbang wrote:
    I've got to get some new ones of my girls put up. They're happily strolling into twilight years and we just go on walks on the beach now (instead of full-bore Frisbee).

Cleo use to go on runs but now all she can handle are shorter walks. She could do more but I don't want her hurting the next day. It's hell getting old.
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Damn Norm should have been on an episode of

bonanza.jpg

:lol::lol:
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Whizbang wrote:

Cleo use to go on runs but now all she can handle are shorter walks. She could do more but I don't want her hurting the next day. It's hell getting old.

"Growing old ain't for sissies" - Bette Davis

I just got done putting a heating pad on my youngest's knee then stretching it. She tore her right ACL last March and had surgery. Though a Lab, she's built like a Shepherd and her left hip has full blown displaysia. She goes for hip surgery in March....have to keep that re-built knee in shape! They would both chase down a Frisbee in a second if I threw them...still the "F" word in my house.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    DSC06462-1.jpg

18-1-1.jpg

SSPX0015-1.jpg

I love him....it is one of my favorite breeds!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Whizbang wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

"Growing old ain't for sissies" - Bette Davis

I just got done putting a heating pad on my youngest's knee then stretching it. She tore her right ACL last March and had surgery. Though a Lab, she's built like a Shepherd and her left hip has full blown displaysia. She goes for hip surgery in March....have to keep that re-built knee in shape! They would both chase down a Frisbee in a second if I threw them...still the "F" word in my house.

Awww poor baby. :cry: Sounds like she is a real trooper though. Lab's usually are. They are so tough it is hard to tell when they are in pain.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Sorry I.....'MISINTERPRETED' this Thread... :P :P :P :P :P
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    CROJAM95 wrote:

What the FLOWin devil??!! :shock: YOU SENT GRACIE OUTSIDE????????? :shock: i dont BELIEVE this!!! She's a house doggie!!!!!! :lol:

She IS a house doggie, but she likes her outdoor time, too :mrgreen: ! When she was a little 3 month old puppy she was in her dog run (with pool and TWO water bowls) in 110+ degrees. :shock:

Here's some pictures from Thanksgiving in Salt Lake City.....first time in snow:

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

licking the snow..... :lol::lol:

IMG_2484.jpg

Gracie goes back in for chemo on Wednesday. She's doing well. :thumbup:

BTW - this thread is really picking up steam! :clap:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    licking the snow..... :lol::lol:

IMG_2484.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

imalive wrote:
    Gracie goes back in for chemo on Wednesday. She's doing well. :thumbup:

glad to hear she's doing well...looks like she had a great time in slc! :thumbup: