~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    norm wrote:
    so i had a meeting this morning and i dropped norm off with my folks...they absolutely love him...my mom had a refrigerator repair man come to fix the fridge and when he came in, my mom got up to greet him but norm (who was lying at my mom's feet) stood up in front of her, let out a small, low growl and wouldn't let her move...she just told the guy where the fridge was and sat back down

i love dogs!! especially mine! :D

IMG_2664-2.jpg

Norm rules!!!!!!

I need to put up some new photos of my kids. Headed to the beach this weekend with them...
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • norm wrote:
    so i had a meeting this morning and i dropped norm off with my folks...they absolutely love him...my mom had a refrigerator repair man come to fix the fridge and when he came in, my mom got up to greet him but norm (who was lying at my mom's feet) stood up in front of her, let out a small, low growl and wouldn't let her move...she just told the guy where the fridge was and sat back down

IMG_2664-2.jpg
    Norm, you rock! 8-)

My dogs woke me up about 3 AM this morning wanting to play! :wtf: :shock:
    Don't know what that was about. Not so unusual for silly Penny but Django doesn't usually act like that. They were pesky pooches!
    I had trouble getting back to sleep and went around all day looking like this --> :crazy: !
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    norm wrote:
    norm stood up in front of her, let out a small, low growl and wouldn't let her move...she just told the guy where the fridge was and sat back down

Norm is so gangster! :lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • norm wrote:

IMG_2664-2.jpg

:mrgreen:
    great story....great pic....and i fully agree with the sentiment. 8-)

chloe is a sweetheart of a dog, but oh man does she scare the bejeebus outta repairmen! she really is a great guard dog in that sense, no one wants to focuk with her. igby, well...he's got a whole lotta bark...and then he runs behind your legs.... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Austicman wrote:
    100_2597.jpg

Danes are a bit big for my liking, but this is one adorable puppy... awesome!
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Whizbang wrote:
    Norm rules!!!!!!

I need to put up some new photos of my kids. Headed to the beach this weekend with them...

yes! more pics...it's been a while :D
    Norm, you rock! 8-)

My dogs woke me up about 3 AM this morning wanting to play! :wtf: :shock:
    Don't know what that was about. Not so unusual for silly Penny but Django doesn't usually act like that. They were pesky pooches!
    I had trouble getting back to sleep and went around all day looking like this --> :crazy: !

i've had a bad cough the past few days and at night i'll wake up coughing and norm will hear me and thinks it's time to get up...at 3 in the morning :shock: :crazy: :lol:
    imalive wrote:
    Norm is so gangster! :lol::lol::lol:

werd!! ;)
    great story....great pic....and i fully agree with the sentiment. 8-)

chloe is a sweetheart of a dog, but oh man does she scare the bejeebus outta repairmen! she really is a great guard dog in that sense, no one wants to focuk with her. igby, well...he's got a whole lotta bark...and then he runs behind your legs.... :lol:

yeah norm is subtle...low growls when a stranger comes around and loud barking to get my attention...until he sniffs the person then it's "please scratch my belly" time :P :lol:
  • norm wrote:
    yeah norm is subtle...low growls when a stranger comes around and loud barking to get my attention...until he sniffs the person then it's "please scratch my belly" time :P :lol:
    Django is a typical sheltie, politely reserved around strangers if he's with us but a barking machine any other time, whether it's the "dangerous" mailman or some kid walking home from school! ;)
    But Penny is Miss Personality! She thinks she's supposed to be friends with everybody. I'm glad she doesn't have a flock of sheep to guard. :roll:
  • Just wanted to pass this website along for anyone looking for dog tags...
    http://pettags4less.com/

VERY cheap... we got two tags, with free shipping and it was like $7. We've only had them for a week, so I don't know how durable that they will be to scratching and stuff, but you can't beat the price and the design options.

Sorta weird, you pay first based on single sided or double sided, then you go back in and do the design and text.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    yes more pics- I love seeing everybody's babies- they are all so cute- always makes me smile
    Dogs Rule :D
    edited November 2009
    pandora wrote:
    yes more pics- Dogs Rule :D

wish I had some new pics, but I don't :cry: . It's tough to take Gracie, her frisbee, some water and a camera to the park :lol: .

Two days ago, we went to the park. She spied another dog and went over to make friends. Sometimes I wonder if I should leash her, but she never rushes another dog....more like a trot, decreasing to a saunter, decreasing to a crawl. So, the other dog really wants to play but her owner isn't so sure...."she doesn't like other dogs, she's protective, etc." Well, "Missy" (aussie/border collie mix) yanks the leash out of her owner's hand and her and Gracie commence to play, play, play. You know how dogs run, side by side? as if they're attached? That's what they did. It nearly brought a tear to my eye to see Gracie having so much fun. Once again, she proved to be the social butterfly. She thinks everyone and every dog should meet her. And they should! :mrgreen:

Then yesterday, she went back into her dog run for the first time since her surgery. She's got a shaved tummy and we felt a little bad. It was 45 degrees in the morning (Vegas winter :lol: ). So, I bought a new blanket and folded it up for inside her doghouse. When my wife came home, the blankie was in SHREDS. Oh well, at least Gracie stayed warm and had fun. :roll: :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • OK, no new pics but I got nostalgic looking through all my old ones!
    Here's Petey wanting to be petted while his dad is trying to take pictures:

MVC-004F.jpg

Shelties are so subtle. :roll: :lol:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    norm wrote:

IMG_2664-2.jpg
    He's a beauty! :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • We have lots of trees in our yard so of course we have lots of squirrels. This makes our yard something of a doggie playground. :mrgreen:

We also like to feed wild birds and watch them from our den and back porch. We keep a large can of bird seed near the porch to fill the feeder.
    About 3 years ago Petey had gotten to be an old guy and not quite so active but he still chased squirrels as best he could. :thumbup: ;)
    One day he was showing an awful lot of interest in the can of bird seed. :think:
    We finally investigated and found that a squirrel had managed to lift the lid and get inside but couldn't get out! :wtf: :lol:

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

Funny enough, Pete wasn't all that interested after we opened the can and looked at the squirrel. I guess squirrels are only fun if you're chasing them or they're stuck in a tight spot. ;)

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

awesome!!!! :thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    We have lots of trees in our yard so of course we have lots of squirrels. This makes our yard something of a doggie playground. :mrgreen:

We also like to feed wild birds and watch them from our den and back porch. We keep a large can of bird seed near the porch to fill the feeder.
    About 3 years ago Petey had gotten to be an old guy and not quite so active but he still chased squirrels as best he could. :thumbup: ;)
    One day he was showing an awful lot of interest in the can of bird seed. :think:
    We finally investigated and found that a squirrel had managed to lift the lid and get inside but couldn't get out! :wtf: :lol:

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

Funny enough, Pete wasn't all that interested after we opened the can and looked at the squirrel. I guess squirrels are only fun if you're chasing them or they're stuck in a tight spot. ;)
    ruh row :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    ruh row :mrgreen:

rorge

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    greetings from my boy Zeke!

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2534.jpg

TheWatcher.jpg

FollowingAScent.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Zeke sleeping as a pup...(a little full-frontal, I know. He's a tom-cat.) This was one of those puppy moments where they're rough housing like there is no end and the next minute their comatose, :lol:

He was actually stolen from us about two months after we got him! :o 4th of July, 2007... I'm thankful everyday for getting him back!

12-18-2007-11.jpg

Zeke sleeping now days. He claims our bean bag to himself. This is usually how he spends his night after a hard play at the dog park on Sundays..

IMG_2007.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    holy shit!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

zeke's a champ!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,736
    cute pics everyone! I am more of a cat person, but I like all animals :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Zeke sleeping now days. He claims our bean bag to himself. This is usually how he spends his night after a hard play at the dog park on Sundays..

IMG_2007.jpg
    What a handsome guy! :D :thumbup:
    Yup, it's hard work keeping your parents entertained at the dog park, then protecting them all day and all night! A good dog's work is never done. :angel: ;)
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    So we're off to see the New Zealand's gig's and we'll be gone a week and we're really curious as to how much Orbit will grow while we're gone!! We'll measure her tomorrow and when we back.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Awww Zeke is adorable. Here is my black lab Cleo. She is getting to be an old girl. She is twelve.

cleosmall.jpg
    DSC00640-1.jpg
    Awww Zeke is adorable. Here is my black lab Cleo. She is getting to be an old girl. She is twelve.

cleosmall.jpg
    DSC00640-1.jpg

Welcome Cleo!!! Woo-hoo!! A new pooch :mrgreen: .

After the beating I took earlier in another thread, it's always nice to come back to the positivity of ~:~:~:The Doggie Thread:~:~:~ :wave:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • She's my baby.

Cleo-1.jpg

I saw the beating you took. Good to walk away from that shit storm. 8-)
  • She's my baby.

Cleo-1.jpg

I saw the beating you took. Good to walk away from that shit storm. 8-)

omg!
    *melts*
    she is gorgeous!
    what a face!
    i just want to HUG her!

i've had 3 black dog mutts...greatest breed there is!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Always a good pose! :thumbup:

Cleo-1.jpg

djangosit.jpg

DCP_0092_1.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

• omg!
    *melts*
    she is gorgeous!
    what a face!
    i just want to HUG her!

i've had 3 black dog mutts...greatest breed there is!

Thanks so much. She loves to cuddle. And even in her advanced age she still loves to play. Labs never grow up.
  • imalive wrote:
    Always a good pose! :thumbup:

They look at you with such admiration. :)

They look at you with such admiration. :)

Admiration?? I had a treat in my hand. :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14