~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I was about to gush about what a cutie Ceasar is. Ceasarbooboo is the boston terrier in my avatar. However, it looks like Gracie needs good thoughts. imalive, good luck to you and Gracie! I'm rooting for you!

You can always gush about Ceasarbooboo and think good thoughts at the same time! :thumbup:

P.S. I don't know how to say this......but you misspelled your own dog's name. :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    pandora wrote:
    you got em always from everybody here!

So true. Best of luck for you Rob, as always...we're still thinking about you over here in SLC!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • sending good vibes your way
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • was just perusing my photobucket, and came across some old pics....bit of a theme....thought i'd share:

DSCF0056.jpg

igby_3.jpg

igbyexhausted-1.jpg

igbybaby.jpg

igbytongue.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• imalive wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I was about to gush about what a cutie Ceasar is. Ceasarbooboo is the boston terrier in my avatar. However, it looks like Gracie needs good thoughts. imalive, good luck to you and Gracie! I'm rooting for you!

You can always gush about Ceasarbooboo and think good thoughts at the same time! :thumbup:

P.S. I don't know how to say this......but you misspelled your own dog's name. :shock:

good idea!
    :!:

that IS how you spell 'ceasar'...tho some also spell it 'cesar.'
    just sayin'.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Interesting that the trend there is he is sleeping on either a different couch/chair and or pillow in every picture.
    Jw
  • Jwmcc wrote:
    Interesting that the trend there is he is sleeping on either a different couch/chair and or pillow in every picture.
    Jw

actually, overall...the theme is igby conked out, and usually propped with additional pillows (or a leg)...b/c evidently being allowed on the furniture is simply *not enough* for the comfort of prince igby. :mrgreen:

and actually, tis the same couch or chair (tho own neither anymore at this point) and of cours, the leg is just a leg.....and i will admit, hubby's leg (and all the rest of him) is still around too.

igbypawh.jpg
    during igby's first year....poor baby....incident with one of his nails. ouch. tho, yet again, the sofa is always a comfort to him. (especially with a pillow and leg proped behind him) ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    decides2dream, what a little cutiebooboo. Look at the little coochiewoochie. He looks so huggable :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • thinking of.....

snowychloe.jpg

SNOW!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

igby_3.jpg

the little dude is so relaxed that even his tail relaxed! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Igby is such a CUUUUTE little pug!

So, imalive (Rob?), about Gracie: Nothing but the best of thoughts are headed your way from Vancouver Island, Canada! I told my pooches about Gracie and wouldn't you know it, they wagged their tails and then got super snuggly with me... and Charley has never been much of a suggler!

Anyway, keep Gracie with you for as long as she wants to be with you...if that's another 13 years, awesome! She seems very happy and comfortable with you guys and your home, so she'll want to be with a long long time. You'll have many hilarious years together, I'm sure...you care about each other too much to let an illness get in the way. Live in the moment with her and snuggle lots....again, our thoughts are with you guys and hope that the outcome is nothing less than full recovery for a full life!

Take care....
    be philanthropic
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hope everyone is good. Still sending good vibes to Rob and Gracie. I'm off for the weekend, heading up to a conference in Lake George for Wildlife Rehabbers. Should be very informative. I'm a new rehabber, so I have a ton to learn. Right now I'm rehabilitating a 30+ year old, 13 inch long, 9 pound Red Bellied Turtle who has a URI. I've had her to the vet 4 times for antibiotic shots. Hoping she gets well by Spring so I can release her back into the wild where she belongs.

DTD....these are for you! One of my hubbies close friends over the last couple of years time lost all his dogs, 5 total, all very old. He didn't want another dog for a long while, well his wife decided to surprise him for his BD with one puppy, he was instantly in LOVE! He had to go over to the breeders house to pick up his papers, and came home with a 1/2 brother to his little guy! He now has two pug boys!

DSC01615.jpg
    DSC01616.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • OMG!!!
    i want another!
    :mrgreen:

tis the one sad fact of our current employment, there's just no way we can ever get another puppy. even if we took all our vacation all at once, that's simply just not enough time to housetrain a puppy and to get them accustomed to long absences. ugh. so sad. i have no problem adopting an older dog...tho i would really, really love to get another pug, tho what i REALLY want is a french bulldog...and finding one to adopt, that's NOT a puppy...not easy.

what a precious baby!
    :melts:

raise a little pup for me and then let me take him off your hands when he/she is a year old eh? ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• perusing frenchies...

FrenchBulldogArt.jpg

BWfrenchie.jpg

french_bulldog_2.jpg

french-bulldog.jpg

TOO CUTE!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    OMG!!!
    i want another!
    :mrgreen:

tis the one sad fact of our current employment, there's just no way we can ever get another puppy. even if we took all our vacation all at once, that's simply just not enough time to housetrain a puppy and to get them accustomed to long absences. ugh. so sad. i have no problem adopting an older dog...tho i would really, really love to get another pug, tho what i REALLY want is a french bulldog...and finding one to adopt, that's NOT a puppy...not easy.

what a precious baby!
    :melts:

raise a little pup for me and then let me take him off your hands when he/she is a year old eh? ;)
    Hi D2D
    when you are ready maybe http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org can help- they probably need a good mom & dad like you guys :)
  • frenchiebaby-1.jpg

OMG...soooooooooo cute!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Fluffy_Destroyer_of_worlds.png[/img]Dog-Fluffy_Destroyer_of_worlds.pngpycho_but_cute.jpg
    now these guys are really cute- little scary but cute
    hey, friends....

I guess it's been about a week since my last posting binge. I read this thread nearly everyday and appreciate all the love you've been sending our way. Finally, late afternoon yesterday, my vet called with news. So far, the news has been bad at every turn......not yesterday!! Gracie's liver and spleen are normal and clear of any cancer! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm no oncologist, but it seems to me the less the cancer has spread, the better. Remember how when Gracie first had surgery I posted a pic of her running and said I hoped we'd be doing it again, sooner rather than later? This morning, we are going to the park. I hope some of her little friends are there!

Gracie has been a little trooper for these last three weeks....cone on head, basic home confinement, cone and crate while we're gone :shock: , back and forth to the vet, etc :cry: . On Tuesday, she had an ultrasound....after a few minutes, a vet tech came out and I said "you had to knock her (Gracie) out, right?" The tech says, "oh, no....she's being a good girl...she's laying on her back on a comfy pillow." So, let me get this straight....the dog that I can't even brush or get off the bed without her becoming a squirmy, growling mess just lay there while they a) shaved her whole tummy b) put the cold, greasy ultrasound thing on her tummy c) removed 14 stitches and d) pulled a sample from her liver and spleen (presumably with needles)?????? :shock: :shock: And when it's over, Gracie comes out, tail a-wagging. The vet told me someone forgot to tell her she's sick. :mrgreen:

A couple of nights ago, Gracie was up to her usual tricks....psycho dog through the house, humping my leg :roll: , and chewing holes in her soft toys as fast as I can sew them. As Norm said, maybe Gracie will be around to annoy me for years to come :mrgreen: . This is far from over, but I can't tell you enough how nice it was to finally get some decent news. I need to not get too high on this....after all, it is cancer :cry: . Right now though, I'm happy for us and happy for Gracie. Thanks again for all your support!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    That is such good news... she is one tough cookie, and obviously has a strong will to be with you for a long time...I'm so happy for you and Gracie, and of course the rest of your family :D

You'll still be in my thoughts and prayers :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    hey, friends....

I guess it's been about a week since my last posting binge. I read this thread nearly everyday and appreciate all the love you've been sending our way. Finally, late afternoon yesterday, my vet called with news. So far, the news has been bad at every turn......not yesterday!! Gracie's liver and spleen are normal and clear of any cancer! :thumbup: :thumbup:

:clap::mrgreen:
    imalive wrote:
    I'm no oncologist, but it seems to me the less the cancer has spread, the better. Remember how when Gracie first had surgery I posted a pic of her running and said I hoped we'd be doing it again, sooner rather than later? This morning, we are going to the park. I hope some of her little friends are there!

Gracie has been a little trooper for these last three weeks....cone on head, basic home confinement, cone and crate while we're gone :shock: , back and forth to the vet, etc :cry: . On Tuesday, she had an ultrasound....after a few minutes, a vet tech came out and I said "you had to knock her (Gracie) out, right?" The tech says, "oh, no....she's being a good girl...she's laying on her back on a comfy pillow." So, let me get this straight....the dog that I can't even brush or get off the bed without her becoming a squirmy, growling mess just lay there while they a) shaved her whole tummy b) put the cold, greasy ultrasound thing on her tummy c) removed 14 stitches and d) pulled a sample from her liver and spleen (presumably with needles)?????? :shock: :shock: And when it's over, Gracie comes out, tail a-wagging. The vet told me someone forgot to tell her she's sick. :mrgreen:

she realized that the sooner she behaved the sooner all this crap would be over ;):D
    imalive wrote:
    A couple of nights ago, Gracie was up to her usual tricks....psycho dog through the house, humping my leg :roll: , and chewing holes in her soft toys as fast as I can sew them. As Norm said, maybe Gracie will be around to annoy me for years to come :mrgreen: . This is far from over, but I can't tell you enough how nice it was to finally get some decent news. I need to not get too high on this....after all, it is cancer :cry: . Right now though, I'm happy for us and happy for Gracie. Thanks again for all your support!!

way to go gracie!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Awesome News about Gracie !! :thumbup:

Sooner or later you knew the Golden Terror will show up :)

Bailey destroyed one of my wife's old slippers last night :shock:

They've been secluded in the house for almost 3 days because of all the rain !

I think he was bored
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

"The Golden Terror" went to the park, played frisbee, met her peeps and got a bath yeterday. :mrgreen:

You know how good a shower feels after being sick in bed? I'm assuming that's how Gracie's bath felt.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • This very good news :D
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Great news Rob!! Continued prayers and good vibes out to Gracie Girl!!! ox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Good news bud. Hope it's nothing but good news from here on in.

We got to pick up our new little girl on Sunday. We've decided on Orbit for a name.

100_2597.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2583-1.jpg

She's 8 weeks and still super goofy on her feet. :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Austicman wrote:

We got to pick up our new little girl on Sunday. We've decided on Orbit for a name.

100_2597.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2583-1.jpg

Those are just precious :D
    Very thankful for the good Gracie news you are a lucky family :D
  • imalive wrote:

"The Golden Terror" went to the park, played frisbee, met her peeps and got a bath yeterday. :mrgreen:

You know how good a shower feels after being sick in bed? I'm assuming that's how Gracie's bath felt.
    I'll bet just about everything familiar feels good to sweet Miss Gracie. ;)
    Glad to hear the news, this made me smile really big. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Austicman wrote:

100_2597.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2583-1.jpg

Thems are some pretty big feet to manage! I can picture her gallumphing around. :lol:
    What a cutie! Love the name. :thumbup: :clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    That's wonderful news about Gracie! Best news I've heard all day! :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Austicman wrote:

100_2597.jpg

OMG, Orbit!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm no Great Dane expert, but I would think it's really important to feed her a puppy chow that will somewhat slow her bone growth. A dog her size....she's going to grow like a freaking weed! Good luck and keep us posted. Orbit is a cutie. :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16