~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Welcome Orbit!!! She is sooooo CUTE!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • imalive wrote:
    Austicman wrote:

We got to pick up our new little girl on Sunday. We've decided on Orbit for a name.

100_2597.jpg

She's 8 weeks and still super goofy on her feet. :D

OMG, Orbit!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm no Great Dane expert, but I would think it's really important to feed her a puppy chow that will somewhat slow her bone growth. A dog her size....she's going to grow like a freaking weed! Good luck and keep us posted. Orbit is a cutie. :mrgreen:

I can't see the pix at work !

:problem: :eh:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Austicman wrote:
    Good news bud. Hope it's nothing but good news from here on in.

We got to pick up our new little girl on Sunday. We've decided on Orbit for a name.

100_2597.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2583-1.jpg

What a beautiful Dane...such a unique coat, aren't those called Blue Merrill's or something like that. I'm probably wrong, but i remember when i worked @ the dog kennel in Georgia one of those came in and I was blown away by it's beauty and the owner told me that's what they refer to those breed of Danes as...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Rob,
    So great to hear of Gracie's well-being. You remained strong through a rough period and you prevailed. Many celebrations and years of happiness to your fam and to your Gracie. :D

Now, good luck on that move! :crazy:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Yeah she's a Merle Dane. We got her from a really good breeder. I was reading the stuff about "greeders" and the lady I got her off takes them back if you can't look after them and has been breeding them for 38 years. Her house is like a church of dane :D She only lives 10 minutes from home so we can take her back for lots of visits.
    She had a folder of all the instructions we need about their growth and what to feed her so we're all set. Her feet are aready as big a Bubba's!! At this early stage we have to her from keep jumping down off things as it jars her bones.
    Our two other dogs are a bit wary of her at the moment but their slowly interacting with her more. She's super cheeky already. God's knows what mischief she has planned!!!
    I'll try and keep up with pictures as she can grow an inch a day.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    edited November 2009
    edit
    Post edited by Wobbie on
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2009
    dcfaithful wrote:
    You remained strong through a rough period and you prevailed.

Probably a little early to declare a TKO..........................but we're hopeful!
    Austicman wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What does Orbit weigh right now??
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Austicman wrote:
    Yeah she's a Merle Dane. We got her from a really good breeder. I was reading the stuff about "greeders" and the lady I got her off takes them back if you can't look after them and has been breeding them for 38 years. Her house is like a church of dane :D She only lives 10 minutes from home so we can take her back for lots of visits.
    She had a folder of all the instructions we need about their growth and what to feed her so we're all set. Her feet are aready as big a Bubba's!! At this early stage we have to her from keep jumping down off things as it jars her bones.
    Our two other dogs are a bit wary of her at the moment but their slowly interacting with her more. She's super cheeky already. God's knows what mischief she has planned!!!
    Does she have blue or brown eyes?

My sheltie Django is a blue merle.
    Here's some pictures of him when we first got him in January 2003.

DjangoPup-v.jpg

Django1.jpg

Django2.jpg

Django3.jpg

Wasn't he precious? Isn't that a sweet little face?
    Would you believe that it disguised a MONSTER?!?! :shock: :lol:
    He was one of the smartest and most mischievous puppies I have ever known!
    I thought he would never grow up!
    He eventually turned into a very sweet-natured boy that we are just crazy about but not before chewing up the hems of the new living room curtains, 2 pairs of Birkenstocks, the corner of my favorite quilt, and countless dog toys. He just about drove me crazy! :crazy:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Here's a picture of of our other dog Pete taken at the same time that Django came to live with us:

Pete.jpg

We had lost another dog to cancer 4 months before and Pete had been very lonely. I had always known that when you bring a puppy into the house, adult dogs usually don't like it and will take a few days to get used to it. But Pete liked Django right away. He would let Django climb all over him and chew on his ears. He would even roll on his back and let Django "attack" him. Once in a while, Django would get out of line and Pete would put him in his place but that was very rare.

When Django got bigger the two of them loved to play together. I called them my Rough Boys.

PeteDjangofight.jpg

We used to talk about them as "brothers" even though they weren't really. In a way, Django was his brother's keeper. Pete had epilepsy and Django would wake me up during the night if Pete was having a seizure. :angel:

Pete went to Dog Heaven in February 2008. We really missed him for a long time. :cry:
    A year ago we found the one we call the Circus Dog but I'll tell about her another time. ;)
  • imalive wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    You remained strong through a rough period and you prevailed.

Probably a little early to declare a TKO..........................but we're hopeful!
    We're all very hopeful! And you have gotten through that period of not knowing what was wrong. I hope that will turn out to have been the toughest phase.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Austicman wrote:
    100_2597.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2583-1.jpg

Austicman.....I was thinking twice about quoting you and just using the sleeping doggie pic but WHO AM I KIDDING?!!!!
    i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE all 3 of these pictures!!! Orbit is just BEEEEEAUTIFUL and believe me when I say that I let out a great big AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW that startled my nieces! :lol: These pictures melted my heart and i DEMAND you to keep posting pics nonstop!!! :D You are a blessed man to have Orbit! That sleeping pic made me want a doggie more than ever. Thank you soooooo much for sharing the doggie love up in here!

Sen!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    whoprincess-LOVE the puppy pics! And Pete is a handsome one!
    I can't tell you all enough how much I appreciate keeping this thread up. I look for new pictures in here everyday and i LOVE when they are posted! I hope we get to see some seasonal photos of the doggies! you know, maybe BIG PETE will be santa......Normie an Elf.......Gracie Mrs. Claus :lol: The rest of the crew can be reindeers and more elfs! :lol: But seriously, thank you ALL for the peace and love you bring to this place. I appreciate it so much more than you all know! Please hug all of your doggies for me! Rob, FANTASTIC news about Gracie! Didnt i tell you?! :D

p.s D2D-my 1 year old niece LOVES seeing Igby's picture and imitating the tongue hanging out! :lol:
  • OMG!

firstly...what GOOD NEWS on gracie!
    yay!
    hope things just get better and better for her, and thus, you!
    many blessings for good health!
    :thumbup:

secondly...austicman..... :shock:
    LOVE orbit!
    (glad you went with that name btw - really love it)
    she is GORGEOUS!
    enjoy her to the fullest!

what HAPPY news all around!
    yay!
    :mrgreen:

btw - whoprincess - gorgeous pics!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Isn't that a sweet little face? Would you believe that it disguised a MONSTER?!?! :shock: :lol: I thought he would never grow up! He just about drove me crazy! :crazy:

I can relate!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I had a new collar made for Gracie. It couldn't hurt, right?

IMG_2459.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Gracie Mrs. Claus :lol:

yeah, that'll happen :roll: . Just like Shelby, Gracie does not like people trying to dress her up! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2459.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:

yeah, that'll happen :roll: . Just like Shelby, Gracie does not like people trying to dress her up! :mrgreen:

love it!! :thumbup:
  • Here's a picture of of our other dog Pete taken at the same time that Django came to live with us:

Pete.jpg

We had lost another dog to cancer 4 months before and Pete had been very lonely. I had always known that when you bring a puppy into the house, adult dogs usually don't like it and will take a few days to get used to it. But Pete liked Django right away. He would let Django climb all over him and chew on his ears. He would even roll on his back and let Django "attack" him. Once in a while, Django would get out of line and Pete would put him in his place but that was very rare.

When Django got bigger the two of them loved to play together. I called them my Rough Boys.

PeteDjangofight.jpg

We used to talk about them as "brothers" even though they weren't really. In a way, Django was his brother's keeper. Pete had epilepsy and Django would wake me up during the night if Pete was having a seizure. :angel:

Pete went to Dog Heaven in February 2008. We really missed him for a long time. :cry:
    A year ago we found the one we call the Circus Dog but I'll tell about her another time. ;)

Looks like an MMA match ! :mrgreen:

My 2 go at it also in the family room :roll: A lot of noise and growls but just big babies playing

• imalive wrote:

IMG_2459.jpg

awesome!!!

igby and chloe play GREAT together too - tho chloe does mount igby from time to time, a hysterical sight :? just to show her dominance. however, it is amazing how well they play together, and how much chloe will tolerate, b/c she could so easily snap igby's neck in a heartbeat, and yet she always plays rough enough for fun, but gentle enough never to harm. so smart. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:
    Isn't that a sweet little face? Would you believe that it disguised a MONSTER?!?! :shock: :lol: I thought he would never grow up! He just about drove me crazy! :crazy:

IMG_2459.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:

love the collar- good color choice- sunny yellow- Gracie looks very pretty in it :)
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Love the collar. Awesome!! :lol::lol:

She's about 25 pounds at the moment but she's seriously growing every day. She was the same height as Ringo when we got her and she's shot passed him already in just 3 days!!. Where going to measure her aganist the dog kennel every week to try and keep up.

Thanks Sen glad she made you smile :D:D

Love Django's eye's!! The colour of them and the colours in her coat around them!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • imalive wrote:

IMG_2459.jpg
    Love the collar! Something tells me even Lance Armstrong would like it! :thumbup:
    We have one of those hedgehog toys at our house. Penny likes squeaky toys.

Thanks, everybody, for all the compliments on the photos. :oops:
    My prince really gets the credit. He was a professional photographer for many years.
    I really enjoyed looking through my old pictures.
    BTW Django still has a real sweet face.
    I took this pic for a Father's Day card that I made for my dad a few years ago. I may have posted it before.

djangosit.jpg

When my dad died 2 years ago, I found the picture in a frame on his desk with other family pictures.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    edited November 2009
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2459.jpg

:thumbup: I love that collar!!! Hope Gracie is doing good!!!

With all the good news FLOW'n, i will post at a later time about Trix.
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Austicman wrote:
    Good news bud. Hope it's nothing but good news from here on in.

100_2597.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2583-1.jpg

love the pics of Orbit !!! :)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• imalive wrote:

IMG_2459.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Great Collar !

Is she going to take up cycling now ?

:eh: :think: ;)

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    jake01.jpgjake01-1.jpga020_20.jpg
    I miss you Jake, my wolf style dog, most of all now at holiday time. His dog tags will hang on the tree with Molly's, McKay's, Maggie's and Scout's all our past loves. Charlie now 13 is not well this year- got to make it super special for him.chuck01.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    :thumbup: I love that collar!!! Hope Gracie is doing good!!!

With all the good news FLOW'n, i will post at a later time about Trix.
    I have been wondering a lot about Trix too. Hope she is doing OK. :wave:
  • Our friends' dog Conan came to visit us over the weekend. He stays at our house when they go out of town or have company. He and Penny LOVE to play together. I was trying to read the Sunday paper and they kept jumping on my chair.

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03790.jpg

DSC03795.jpg

DSC03801.jpg

These 2 would make good elves in Senrock's Christmas picture! :lol:
    We have one of those hedgehog toys at our house.

djangosit.jpg

Gracie's hedgehog has zero legs left....but it still squeaks. :mrgreen:

Here's a similar picture of Shelby (1995-2008):

DCP_0092_1.jpg

Is she going to take up cycling now ?

:eh: :think: ;)

Hopefully, she'll be up for that! :thumbup:
    pandora wrote:
    His dog tags will hang on the tree with Molly's, McKay's, Maggie's and Scout's all our past loves. Charlie now 13 is not well this year- got to make it super special for him.chuck01.jpg

The "tags on the tree" is an awesome idea. Hope you don't mind if I steal it ;) . Love to Charlie and Trix!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    His dog tags will hang on the tree with Molly's, McKay's, Maggie's and Scout's all our past loves. Charlie now 13 is not well this year- got to make it super special for him.chuck01.jpg

The "tags on the tree" is an awesome idea. Hope you don't mind if I steal it ;) . Love to Charlie and Trix!
    I love that idea too! But I buried my doggies' tags with their ashes. :(
    I'm gonna remember that one though.
    Charlie looks so sweet. :)
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2459.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Love the new collar! :D Get well REAL Soon Gracie :)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so i had a meeting this morning and i dropped norm off with my folks...they absolutely love him...my mom had a refrigerator repair man come to fix the fridge and when he came in, my mom got up to greet him but norm (who was lying at my mom's feet) stood up in front of her, let out a small, low growl and wouldn't let her move...she just told the guy where the fridge was and sat back down

i love dogs!! especially mine! :D

IMG_2664-2.jpg