~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    that was very nice
    looks like Petey grew into his nose! Like that one with the nose close-up and
    is he eating the pumpkin stem cause that exactly what Lucy did- I hunted thru all the pumpkins for the best stem- I guess now i realize it was for her to eat. ;)
    Happy B-day Petey and a lifetime of happy pictures to come.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Petey!

th_DSC04145.jpg

Click pic for slide show of three amazing years! :D

omg, so many priceless pics!
    what a truly loved dog.

happy 3rd birthday petey!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    awesome slideshow!

happy birthday Petey!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Petey!

th_DSC04145.jpg

a) you gotta love digital cameras!

b) the name Petey cracks me up.

c) was Santa scared?? :shock:

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Petey!

th_DSC04145.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETEY!!!!!

:clap::clap:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Happy Birthday to Petey!

th_DSC04145.jpg

Happy Birthday Petey!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    imalive wrote:
    b) the name Petey cracks me up.

me too, everytime. :lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    imalive wrote:
    It IS a funny picture, but my little girl is miserable. I still don't know the results of the biopsy but I can't shake this bad feeling I have. The vet called me yesterday to see how Gracie was doing. He said the tumor (or whatever it was) was attached to muscle. He also mentioned necrosis and stage II something or other :cry::cry::cry: . Maybe I'll hear something today or tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive. If it's benign, I'll be doing cartwheels!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and Gracie, I'm so sorry to hear about this... :cry:

Like you said think positive...

((((((( hugs & good vibes )))))))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETEY!!!!

Lots of love Bubba and Ringo!!
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,425
    my pooch, kasey (she is staring at you in my avatar), is 3 and a half years old and STILL pees in the house. she pees quite often when i take her on walks too. my mom says she drinks too much water and that we should limit how much she drinks. a few months ago i took her to the vet and they did all sorts of tests on her and....NOTHING.

i even have a neighbor come over and let her out if we are gone for more than 8 hours during the week. the neighbor comes at around 1...and then from 1-4, kasey still pees before my girlfriend comes home. she also likes to go in the morning too. like, if i am not down there to let her out by 6:20am she will go. and this is after i let her out around 11pm the previous night. its not like i am sleeping in or something.....and sometimes like today, my girlfriend feeds her and lets her out around 6am....then i come downstairs at about 9 and there are 3 pee stains. ?!?!?

i think i'm doing everything i should be doing. we did our best to train her when she was a puppy. i guess it didn't take. i am at a loss here. it's such a downer to start off your day cleaning up pee stains on your carpet every morning.

i dont know what to do. my carpet is disgusting. i've had it cleaned numerous times. i'm wondering if i get a new one, if that would help. like, she would lose the scents where she's used to peeing or something. or maybe go to hard wood flooring.

can anyone relate? am i just a bad dog parent?! any suggestions?
    www.myspace.com
    when you got her, did you crate train her jeags?
    norm wrote:

yeah i crated her. lately i have gone back to that in the afternoons. i have the neighbor crate her after she takes her out. its only for a few hours but thats when she normally pees.

and when she was a puppy, she did pee in the crate from time to time too..... :?:
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:

yeah i crated her. lately i have gone back to that in the afternoons. i have the neighbor crate her after she takes her out. its only for a few hours but thats when she normally pees.

and when she was a puppy, she did pee in the crate from time to time too..... :?:

wood floors are your friend.
    altho i will say, all our floors are wood, and yet.....if an accident occurs, they always go for the few small carpets around. :? igby is 6 years old and still on occasion has accidents, tho not nearly as often as he used to. he will NOT go outside when it rains. so, he pees in the bathroom. :roll: between pee accidents and vomit....pets always add 'something' to the house, thus why....bare floors for us!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

norm wrote:

wood floors are your friend.
    altho i will say, all our floors are wood, and yet.....if an accident occurs, they always go for the few small carpets around. :? igby is 6 years old and still on occasion has accidents, tho not nearly as often as he used to. he will NOT go outside when it rains. so, he pees in the bathroom. :roll: between pee accidents and vomit....pets always add 'something' to the house, thus why....bare floors for us!

yeah, that is what i was thinking....wood floors
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,875
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    It IS a funny picture, but my little girl is miserable. I still don't know the results of the biopsy but I can't shake this bad feeling I have. The vet called me yesterday to see how Gracie was doing. He said the tumor (or whatever it was) was attached to muscle. He also mentioned necrosis and stage II something or other :cry::cry::cry: . Maybe I'll hear something today or tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive. If it's benign, I'll be doing cartwheels!

gracie is gonna be fine...and i wanna see video of the cartwheels! ;):D

well, not quite. but not worst case either.

i'm typing one handed while i hold gracie's collar to give her some out of cone time. it was a mast cell type 2 tumor - cancer. oh fuck. but the encouraging news is the lab gives it a low to moderate chance of spreading. today they aspirated a downstream lymph node to check for migration. now, we wait for THAT lab result. apparently this tumor grew b/c gracie's immune system didn't see it as a threat until it was too late. i'll keep you guys posted. thanks a million for all your support.

now i gotta go back and read about the jeagler's peeing dog. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

i'm typing one handed while i hold gracie's collar to give her some out of cone time. it was a mast cell type 2 tumor - cancer. oh fuck. but the encouraging news is the lab gives it a low to moderate chance of spreading. today they aspirated a downstream lymph node to check for migration. now, we wait for THAT lab result. apparently this tumor grew b/c gracie's immune system didn't see it as a threat until it was too late. i'll keep you guys posted. thanks a million for all your support.

I'm still praying for your beautiful dog Gracie... :)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Its possible Kasey is not going completely or at all when you let her out. We have trouble with a granddoggie who visits, Dottie. She was never properly trained to connect being outside with going potty. Her previous owners just put her out and never let her back-she was an outside dog- a Chihuahua Jack Russell mix I might add- 10 lbs an outside dog, some people. When my daughter rescued her she never connected going outside with going potty and often still goes in the house. You may have thought you trained her but perhaps she doesn't associate going out with going.
    Both the pit mixes in our family are like camels and can go very long periods without going. So its an individual thing also- perhaps Casey just has a weak bladder. Crating no longer than 6 hrs and limit water are good ideas.
    Lastly of course our Jakey just wanted to always mark his territory- lift his leg- Kasey although a girl could be doing that also??
    Good luck - give the Dog Whisperer website a look- he might have some suggestion for you and Kasey. We swear by Cesar.
    imalive wrote:
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Oh I'm sorry- good thing it was caught when it was. Hope everything comes back real good news-we are thinking of you and praying for Gracie.
    imalive wrote:

:( well hopefully it was caught early and gracie will go on to annoy you for years to come! ;):D
    pandora wrote:
    Its possible Kasey is not going completely or at all when you let her out. We have trouble with a granddoggie who visits, Dottie. She was never properly trained to connect being outside with going potty. Her previous owners just put her out and never let her back-she was an outside dog- a Chihuahua Jack Russell mix I might add- 10 lbs an outside dog, some people. When my daughter rescued her she never connected going outside with going potty and often still goes in the house. You may have thought you trained her but perhaps she doesn't associate going out with going.
    Both the pit mixes in our family are like camels and can go very long periods without going. So its an individual thing also- perhaps Casey just has a weak bladder. Crating no longer than 6 hrs and limit water are good ideas.
    Lastly of course our Jakey just wanted to always mark his territory- lift his leg- Kasey although a girl could be doing that also??
    Good luck - give the Dog Whisperer website a look- he might have some suggestion for you and Kasey. We swear by Cesar.

i will check out cear's website. have seen the show, but not the site.....the not going completely thing sounds possible. i am usually out there the whole time with her. sometimes she goes out and its boom-boom, really quick and she's ready to come in. like we're only outside for a couple minutes. maybe we should stay out longer.
    www.myspace.com
    pandora wrote:

i will check out cear's website. have seen the show, but not the site.....the not going completely thing sounds possible. i am usually out there the whole time with her. sometimes she goes out and its boom-boom, really quick and she's ready to come in. like we're only outside for a couple minutes. maybe we should stay out longer.

does she get regular walks?
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:

does she get regular walks?

i take her out in the morning and then again after work. usually 2 laps around the block each time which is about a mile. does that sound regular?
    www.myspace.com
    i take her out in the morning and then again after work. usually 2 laps around the block each time which is about a mile. does that sound regular?

does she pee on the walks? only other thing i can suggest is when she is in the house, to keep an eye on her and if she looks like she's gonna pee, stop he immediately...she has to learn that is an outside thing
    norm wrote:

does she pee on the walks? only other thing i can suggest is when she is in the house, to keep an eye on her and if she looks like she's gonna pee, stop he immediately...she has to learn that is an outside thing
    Yes and a command when you let her out is good - we use "go outside" sounds silly but they understand now it means to pee. When she does it praise her and like Norm said try to catch in the bad act and let her know its just outside for that. Dogs so want to please she just needs to figure it out.
    pandora wrote:
    norm wrote:

Yes and a command when you let her out is good - we use "go outside" sounds silly but they understand now it means to pee. When she does it praise her and like Norm said try to catch in the bad act and let her know its just outside for that. Dogs so want to please she just needs to figure it out.

i think you and i have watched a lot of cesar ;):D
    oh yea- even went to see him "live" now thats a fan-
    oh and have had doggies in my life now for 50 plus years- wow
    for me thats been Gods plan all along and its been my favorite part of my life
    but don't tell my humans ;)
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    norm wrote:

i think you and i have watched a lot of cesar ;):D

we say 'go walkies'....and do all the above, and have maybe watched 2 episodes of cesar. ;)
    he ain't the only one to train dogs....:P

and i'malive!

:o :( :cry:

i'm soooo sorry to read of your news ! hopefully all will be well, glad you caught it early enough!
    best wishes to gracie - she will be in my thoughts!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

norm wrote:

yeah she pees A LOT on the walks.

curious...how often do you have to let your pooch out to pee when your home?
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:

yeah she pees A LOT on the walks.

curious...how often do you have to let your pooch out to pee when your home?

well i'm lucky...i have a big backyard so when i'm home he's out there most of the time
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:( well hopefully it was caught early and gracie will go on to annoy you for years to come! ;):D

That's the pits, man...sorry if I got your hopes up...if it was into the muscle, then yeah, that wouldn't have been a lipoma..but the good news for you is that it seems it was caught in time. And she was behaving all normal and healthy... Life can really suck....but yeah, she's got you to take care of her... and she'll be strong for you, and that can only lead to good things, right?
    be philanthropic