~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Austicman wrote:
    My girlfriend's new puppy. A Great Dane. She's only 3 weeks old. We can't take her home until she's 8 weeks. Which works out good because it will be just after PJ in New Zealand!! :D We haven't got a name yet.

GDPup.jpg

Oh man, that face.... It would be way too hard, not to take her home!!!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,873
    Austicman wrote:
    My girlfriend's new puppy.

GDPup.jpg

You make sure we get to see her grow up.....the puppy, not your GF. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gotta take Gracie to the vet today.....the bump on her butt is not seeming too good.... :(
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Please say some prayers and/or think good thoughts for Gracie.....we went to the vet today...he felt the bump on her butt and said "that's gotta go." So, surgery is planned for Friday morning. It could be nothing or it could be that most insidious of all diseases. 18 months old and already this :cry: . Man, I hope this turns out OK :cry::cry: .

IMG_2424.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    Please say some prayers and/or think good thoughts for Gracie.....we went to the vet today...he felt the bump on her butt and said "that's gotta go." So, surgery is planned for Friday morning. It could be nothing or it could be that most insidious of all diseases. 18 months old and already this :cry: . Man, I hope this turns out OK :cry::cry: .

IMG_2424.jpg

:shock: :(

i'm thinking good thoughts for gracie!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2424.jpg
    Gracie is positively beautiful- many prayers and good thoughts
    Our Charlie had a big lump removed from his chest a few years back.
    Outcome was good- I'm sure Gracie too will be fine.
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    :( I am so sorry that Gracie is already having to undergo surgery! She....and YOU will remain in my thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery and good news on what the bump is.

ox
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    imalive wrote:

IMG_2424.jpg

Good thoughts and prayers sent your way!!!
    Is this the same bump from before?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Awwww

Good vibes for Gracie from Bailey and Chloe !

Bailey had one removed about 6 months ago everything was fine

Gracie will be fine
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Austicman wrote:
    My girlfriend's new puppy. A Great Dane. She's only 3 weeks old. We can't take her home until she's 8 weeks. Which works out good because it will be just after PJ in New Zealand!! :D We haven't got a name yet.

GDPup.jpg

GDPup1.jpg

Wow what a cute pup !

Good Luck with her :)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Cute!!!! I'm going to own a Great Dane one day. I'm 5'1" and love BIG things -- dogs, cars, you name it!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    imalive wrote:

Sorry to hear about the lump....those can be worrisome things to discover, that's for sure!

Our Charley-Dog is full of lumps, but we have them checked every year and they are just lipomas, which is most likely what Gracie has...a big lump of fat....Our dearly departed Pinkerton had a massive lipoma on her side that started out the size of a pea, but when she passed away at 16, it was about the size of an avocado...it didn't look nice and it didn't hurt, but it only started getting big when she was too old to have the surgery to remove it. We always used to sing the Presidents of the United States of America song 'Lump' to her....

Anyway, we are now faced with the same thing with Charley, only he has multiple lipomas. We prod at them to make sure they don't hurt him...and he's about 6 now, so he can easily go in for surgery...But as mentioned we get the vet to aspirate a little bit and all that comes out is fat cells...

So, if it means anything, I wouldn't worry about the lump at all, especially if it seems to be above the muscle, meaning that you can sort of get your fingers around it, that it's just under the skin and generally free-floating...
    be philanthropic
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    The fur-kids and I will be praying for Gracie and sending good thoughts your way. I've been through those kinds of scares many times with my dogs. She's young and strong and beautiful, I'm sure she'll bounce back in no time and be her happy, healthy self. :thumbup:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Austicman wrote:

GDPup.jpg

GDPup1.jpg
    3 weeks old? She's gonna be a big dog! Such a sweet face too! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

So, if it means anything, I wouldn't worry about the lump at all, especially if it seems to be above the muscle, meaning that you can sort of get your fingers around it, that it's just under the skin and generally free-floating...

I know you're not a vet (I don't think) ;) , but Gracie's lump is a) hard b) just under her skin and c) does not bother her at all. Are any of those facts encouraging or discouraging? I'm trying not to think about this too much.... :(

P.S. Thanks for everyone's support!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Charlie's was all those too- it was removed never came back no troubles.
    I don't know more though than that though.
    We are all praying for Gracie
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    imalive wrote:

I know you're not a vet (I don't think) ;) , but Gracie's lump is a) hard b) just under her skin and c) does not bother her at all. Are any of those facts encouraging or discouraging? I'm trying not to think about this too much.... :(

No, I'm not a vet - Just had a couple of lumpy dogs ;) .... Did your vet stick a needle in it and have a look at what came out (as in aspirate it and look at the cells under a microscope)? Before you pay for surgery, I'd at least get the vet to do that...cuz if it is a lipoma, you can leave it for a couple of years...

Those facts sound encouraging to me...hard, just under the skin, no bother... but that's just due to experience, not a medical opinion. If it were my dog, I'd ask for a "biopsy" to rule out a lipoma and then make a decision re: surgery from that. I'm no fan of unnecessary general anesthetic for animals. But that's just me. And I love my dogs as much as you love Gracie, no doubt. Some dogs are just lumpy...no real reason why...

Still, I wish you all the best...obviously you trust your vet and his/her opinion...

Good luck to Gracie!

All the lumps on Charley are solid and just under the skin and don't bother him - and they're all lipomas. Pinkerton's was the same...pretty solid...just unattractive. And it played NO ROLE in her death...
    be philanthropic
    imalive wrote:

No, I'm not a vet - Just had a couple of lumpy dogs ;) .... Did your vet stick a needle in it and have a look at what came out (as in aspirate it and look at the cells under a microscope)? Before you pay for surgery, I'd at least get the vet to do that...cuz if it is a lipoma, you can leave it for a couple of years...

Those facts sound encouraging to me...hard, just under the skin, no bother... but that's just due to experience, not a medical opinion. If it were my dog, I'd ask for a "biopsy" to rule out a lipoma and then make a decision re: surgery from that. I'm no fan of unnecessary general anesthetic for animals. But that's just me. And I love my dogs as much as you love Gracie, no doubt. Some dogs are just lumpy...no real reason why...

Still, I wish you all the best...obviously you trust your vet and his/her opinion...

Good luck to Gracie!

All the lumps on Charley are solid and just under the skin and don't bother him - and they're all lipomas. Pinkerton's was the same...pretty solid...just unattractive. And it played NO ROLE in her death...
    Yes these lumps seem to be real common now in dogs- our Jakey too had them- I've had dogs all my life and just with our recent dogs has this shown up

Good luck to Gracie!

That's all good to know.....and encouraging. :mrgreen:

I hear ya on unnecessary anesthesia and surgery. But my vet said a biopsy is often inconclusive and unless they needle the lump like a pincushion, they might miss the "bad stuff" (if there is any). I do trust my vet... I truly believe he does the same for my dog that he would do for his dogs. Course, on his dogs there's no bill! :lol::lol:

We'll see tomorrow. :|

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Hope things turn out good for Gracie.......
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:

That's so nice of you that I won't even mention that "other thing." :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    imalive wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

That's so nice of you that I won't even mention that "other thing." :lol::lol:

Thanks.
    Very much.

I guess it's easier to be a fan of a crappy team!! :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    imalive!
    :(

*fingers and paws crossed* for gracie!
    :D

and austicman, now i want to come for your doggie AND your GFs!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i've always dreamed of getting a great dane. harlequins are my fave. that pup is gorgeous!
    alas, i think the giant sized poops that accompany such giant-sized dogs, along with such short lifespans, copious amounts of food, and a small house with a big dog.....more than likely we keep us from the breed, but man, i have such a soft spot in my heart for em! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    imalive!

i've always dreamed of getting a great dane. harlequins are my fave. that pup is gorgeous!
    alas, i think the giant sized poops that accompany such giant-sized dogs, along with such short lifespans, copious amounts of food, and a small house with a big dog.....more than likely we keep us from the breed, but man, i have such a soft spot in my heart for em! 8-)

I thought they didn't live too long either but I did my research and as long as you get one from good breeding lines their every chance of living 10 - 15 years. I've had boxers most of my live so 10 years has been the average for them. We've got lots of room for our children to run wild and free!! :D I almost got her a Harlequin but they were double the price. The colour of our one(merle) means you can't show her so she was cheaper. Still awesome bloodlines and the women has been breading them for 38 years and she's a "real" dog person not just a dog breeder.

With naming her my girl likes Orbit, Boston and Sherbert at the moment.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Thinking good thoughts today for Gracie...

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Thinking good thoughts today for Gracie...

I just dropped her off. It's so pathetic when they drag them "into the back." :cry::cry:

but on the way home, the "of course there is!" shout during Alive DID make me smile :mrgreen: . I'm just gonna stay busy until they call with an update.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Austicman wrote:
    imalive!

I thought they didn't live too long either but I did my research and as long as you get one from good breeding lines their every chance of living 10 - 15 years. I've had boxers most of my live so 10 years has been the average for them. We've got lots of room for our children to run wild and free!! :D I almost got her a Harlequin but they were double the price. The colour of our one(merle) means you can't show her so she was cheaper. Still awesome bloodlines and the women has been breading them for 38 years and she's a "real" dog person not just a dog breeder.

With naming her my girl likes Orbit, Boston and Sherbert at the moment.

fuuny, all my research has pointed to 10 years or less. and 10 years...ouch. my most fave dog only made it to 10, i was heartbroken. my oldest dog now is 9, i am hoping she still has many ears ahead of her. she has no negative signs of aging so here's to hoping! given that my cat is 20...i like a lotta mileage from ym pets. :lol: perhaps our bloodlines for great danes aren't as strong over here? idk. and i do believe they are pricey dogs, and pricey to keep...and our small house...so for us, yes, it just doesn't make sense. i was in no way trying to infringe on your JOY tho.....beautiful puppy and i am utterly jealous! :D i hope your dane has a long and happy life!

and of course harlequins are more expensive, everything i like always is. ;) hahaha. your pup is an absolute beauty tho - would love her! sounds like you';ve got quite a reputable breeder and that's so awesome. hope all goes well for you and be sure to post lots more pics. 8-)

i like the name orbit. :D

i'malive.....good thoughts for gracie!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

I hope imalive lets us know soon how beautiful gracie is
    I'm sure she's fine
    I've so enjoyed her pics over the past months and feel kind of like I know her
    pandora wrote:
    I hope imalive lets us know soon how beautiful gracie is
    I'm sure she's fine
    I've so enjoyed her pics over the past months and feel kind of like I know her

Thanks, Pandora. To know her is to love her (most of the time!) :mrgreen:

I just called down there. It had been 6+ hours since I dropped her off. I was beginning to have bad thoughts :| . I'm gonna go pick her up soon.

The good news - "the procedure went well." The bad news - the lump was "nasty." That's all I know for now. I'm gonna be pretty stressed, waiting for the biopsy results :cry: . Let's hope we're doing this again, soon!

IMG_2230.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    damn rob...don't like to hear the word "nasty"...hope she'll be ok
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    norm wrote:
    damn rob...don't like to hear the word "nasty"...hope she'll be ok

Agreed. Rob, you and Gracie are in my thoughts and wishes. Keep us posted on your beautiful girl.

Stay strong. :) :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2