~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't think your vet would say nasty though for you know what
    also with you are waiting for a biopsy and all.
    I think and am praying its just like Charlie it was a cyst- you know those are nasty.
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I hope imalive lets us know soon how beautiful gracie is
    I'm sure she's fine
    I've so enjoyed her pics over the past months and feel kind of like I know her

Thanks, Pandora. To know her is to love her (most of the time!) :mrgreen:

I just called down there. It had been 6+ hours since I dropped her off. I was beginning to have bad thoughts :| . I'm gonna go pick her up soon.

The good news - "the procedure went well." The bad news - the lump was "nasty." That's all I know for now. I'm gonna be pretty stressed, waiting for the biopsy results :cry: . Let's hope we're doing this again, soon!

IMG_2230.jpg
    hope everything goes well for you
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok! Here is Lil Pete in his new PJ's. He's lost so much weight he shivers at night! The other one is his rain coat.

DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok! Here is Lil Pete in his new PJ's. He's lost so much weight he shivers at night! The other one is his rain coat.

DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg

Pete looks like a sweet boy. I'd definitely be throwin' a ball for him if I was there!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful.....he would go and get the ball, but then wouldn't give it to you! He doesn't do fetch!!! :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    dcfaithful.....he would go and get the ball, but then wouldn't give it to you! He doesn't do fetch!!! :D

That's quite alright. My two dogs Zeke (boy) and Rivy (girl) don't understand the concept of the game...they'll chase after it, pick it up, and trot back towards me with it but just drop it halfway as if they forgot they even had it in their mouths, lol.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,873
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Hi everyone hope you are all ok! Here is Lil Pete in his new PJ's.

DSC01868.jpg

"PJ's" :lol::lol::lol: I about spit my coffee out when I saw this. Those have got to be hell on Petey's street cred! :shock: ;)

Here's poor little Gracie last night, nasty scar and all:

IMG_2428.jpg

We picked her up and she immediately ran into the wall at the vet's, due to her cone :cry: . It was pathetic. It wasn't the vet who said the tumor/cyst was "nasty" - it was a vet tech. We're on pins and needles until the pathology comes back next week. Some people have told me it's a good sign that this lump came on so suddenly. They say the "bad ones" are slow growing. I sure hope so. We bought her a "comfy cone" last night and she was a pretty good little patient. I got out of bed at 1:00 and went to the couch, because Gracie was being such a hog :mrgreen: . I'm at work today but my wife has 6-10 girlfriends coming over tonight, so I know Gracie will get LOTS of love! I'll post a better picture of her in her "comfy cone"....it's cute but she don't like it!

Your prayers and thoughts mean a lot to us. I'm not a religious guy (at all) but I do believe in the power of positive thought! You guys help more than you'll ever know. Thanks! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    poor gracie :(

i remember when norm had to wear the cone of silence...that lasted all of one night...it wasn't but me who couldn't stand it...it was funny though to watch him run into walls, back up and do the same thing again :lol:

hope gracie feels better! :thumbup: :D
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ugh, have to wait a week? ouch!
    hope gracie is healing nicely, and i hope the news is good!

wish i was the messenger and all the news was good...;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

norm wrote:
    poor gracie :(

i remember when norm had to wear the cone of silence...that lasted all of one night...it wasn't but me who couldn't stand it...it was funny though to watch him run into walls, back up and do the same thing again :lol:

hope gracie feels better! :thumbup: :D
    Me too! I hope all will be fine and just a page in the Gracie book real soon
    Jakie had to wear the cone and got caught between his favorite place to lay- the dining room table and the buffet- I found him stuck there with his butt up against the table leg- funny but ohhh
    We had trouble keeping that on Charlie he went crazy - we took it off
    Wouldn't it be better if they were see thru? ours was white plastic.
    hope you have better luck than us.
    PJaddicted wrote:

DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg
    Lil Pete is very cute in his jams and coat - my charlie won't leave the back step if we dress him up in a coat but then grandoggie Dottie- Chihuahua Jack mix- just loves to dress up- little coats- costumes- funny the difference in personalities.
    Petey only wants the coats on when he is cold, Dobermans don't have a under coat, so they have a hard time in the heat and the cold. I take the boy out almost every day of the year for at least a one hour hike, all weather conditions. He has a closet full of coats! He usually only wears them when the temputure is under freezing and the wind is blowing. He has swam in a pond with that rain coat on.. :lol:
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Petey only wants the coats on when he is cold, Dobermans don't have a under coat, so they have a hard time in the heat and the cold. I take the boy out almost every day of the year for at least a one hour hike, all weather conditions. He has a closet full of coats! He usually only wears them when the temputure is under freezing and the wind is blowing. He has swam in a pond with that rain coat on.. :lol:

Petey is simply gorgeous keep postin the coats! Makes us all happy to see

a different subject maybe someone know about
    I have Lucy- a Shep-pit-Shepherd Pit mix my daughter found in a garbage can last year that I gladly inherited
    after the passing of our shepherd mix Jakey.
    Anyways she is big and beautiful like Petey with huge ears and spots like a Palomino horse. A couple few weeks ago she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. An unexpected shock to us thinking she pulled a muscle chasing Dottie around. Its moderate - I've done some reading and thought perhaps you might know some on the subject having a larger breed. Shes just maybe a year and a half- Its breaking our hearts the hop limp thats not ever gonna go away.
    pandora wrote:
    Anyways she is big and beautiful like Petey with huge ears and spots like a Palomino horse. A couple few weeks ago she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia. An unexpected shock to us thinking she pulled a muscle chasing Dottie around. Its moderate - I've done some reading and thought perhaps you might know some on the subject having a larger breed. Shes just maybe a year and a half- Its breaking our hearts the hop limp thats not ever gonna go away.

sorry to hear about that :cry: . It's sad to think that dogs with HD have to learn to live with pain :cry: . I hate to ever see a dog in pain.

Gracie is doing OK, but not great. That fucking Comfy Cone is driving her nuts. But, without it, there is no doubt she would have ripped out all her stitches (14 of 'em) by now. Even as bad as the Comfy Cone is, it's a thousand times better than the hard plastic one! We're letting her sleep on the bed and last night no one got much sleep. At one point, her wound was oozing blood and that was no good :cry: . We're just praying for some good news from the lab....

IMG_2433.jpg

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    Gracie is doing OK, but not great. That fucking Comfy Cone is driving her nuts. But, without it, there is no doubt she would have ripped out all her stitches (14 of 'em) by now. Even as bad as the Comfy Cone is, it's a thousand times better than the hard plastic one! We're letting her sleep on the bed and last night no one got much sleep. At one point, her wound was oozing blood and that was no good :cry: . We're just praying for some good news from the lab....

IMG_2433.jpg
    Aw, poor Gracie! :(

I've been away from here for 2 days and I was hoping when I checked back in there would be good news about her. At least this picture made me smile! :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    pandora wrote:
    I have Lucy- a Shep-pit-Shepherd Pit mix my daughter found in a garbage can last year that I gladly inherited
    Wow, what a shame when you've rescued a good dog and she has a problem like that. I know next to nothing about hip dysplasia except that it's common with German Shepherds. Do you have a good vet? What are they recommending to help her cope with it?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    imalive wrote:

i'm thinking of gracie...everything will be fine
    imalive wrote:
    IMG_2433.jpg

:lol::lol:

can't help but laugh...too friggin' cute!...the bone is priceless!! :thumbup:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I miss my little babies... :( all of the dogs in here are adorable...
    n1011093903_30020720_6270.jpg
    n1011093903_30020833_6164.jpg
    n1011093903_30020872_8874.jpg
    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    pandora wrote:
    Wow, what a shame when you've rescued a good dog and she has a problem like that. I know next to nothing about hip dysplasia except that it's common with German Shepherds. Do you have a good vet? What are they recommending to help her cope with it?
    oh doesn't gracie look cute- sad but cute
    I think we have a good vet been with him since 93. There are surgeries they said we may want to look at eventually for quality of life down the line- success rate pretty good. Theres pain meds he said if we are noticing her having trouble already. Young dogs like her often get"used to" the pain the vet said. Arthritis is the problem that will set in though for sure with time. I think there are injections for that. The only way we see her having trouble is not always wanting to climb the stairs. In play she seems unaffected so far cause shes so young and easily distracted. Its so sad though nothing really worse than thinking your pet is in pain. And a whole life of it geez I still really can't believe it and hope hes wrong and its just a pulled muscle or something.
    I miss my little babies... :( all of the dogs in here are adorable...
    n1011093903_30020720_6270.jpg
    n1011093903_30020833_6164.jpg
    n1011093903_30020872_8874.jpg
    I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
    oh look at them at the window side be side so cute
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    imalive wrote:
    pandora wrote:

sorry to hear about that :cry: . It's sad to think that dogs with HD have to learn to live with pain :cry: . I hate to ever see a dog in pain.

IMG_2433.jpg

Awesome pic. Poor Gracie!! Hope it all works out OK for her.

Couldn't help laughing at the pic though :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:

i'm thinking of gracie...everything will be fine
    imalive wrote:
    IMG_2433.jpg

:lol::lol:

can't help but laugh...too friggin' cute!...the bone is priceless!! :thumbup:

agreed 100%.
    :mrgreen:

still hoping for the best for gracie - fingers and paws crossed!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

It IS a funny picture, but my little girl is miserable. I still don't know the results of the biopsy but I can't shake this bad feeling I have. The vet called me yesterday to see how Gracie was doing. He said the tumor (or whatever it was) was attached to muscle. He also mentioned necrosis and stage II something or other :cry::cry::cry: . Maybe I'll hear something today or tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive. If it's benign, I'll be doing cartwheels!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    It IS a funny picture, but my little girl is miserable. I still don't know the results of the biopsy but I can't shake this bad feeling I have. The vet called me yesterday to see how Gracie was doing. He said the tumor (or whatever it was) was attached to muscle. He also mentioned necrosis and stage II something or other :cry::cry::cry: . Maybe I'll hear something today or tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive. If it's benign, I'll be doing cartwheels!

this makes me sad..... :( :( :(
    however, i'm with you...definitely try and stay positive!
    and hell, idk if i can even do a cartwheel anymore :lol: ...but i'll give it a go if gracie is ok. :D

*hugs for gracie*

igby kissy-licks:
    igbylicks-1.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Good thoughts for Gracie's results....hope this is you soon: will_cartwheel.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    imalive wrote:

Gracie's picture made me melt! Keep good thoughts Rob, positive thinking and a good attitude is the best advantage to give yourself....Gracie sure does have a great dad. :)

Keep us posted. Zeke, Rivy (our pups), Jennifer, and myself will be thinking of you guys. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I'm sorry praying for Gracie
    imalive wrote:

gracie is gonna be fine...and i wanna see video of the cartwheels! ;):D
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Here still thinking about Gracie... I only have good thoughts for her!!!

Like Norm said, must have a video of you doing a cartwheel :lol:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Happy Birthday to Petey!

th_DSC04145.jpg

Click pic for slide show of three amazing years! :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown