B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Hawkshore wrote:
    I have to admit from the highlight package I saw here they began the sequence from the point he and Brouder were already toe-to-toe....so I can't really comment on the incident last night. My comments are more geared around seeing him in action first hand out here when he was with the Kings

But like I alluded to judgment is often a consequence of perspective...when he is being a dirty cheap shoot artist for your team he can be viewed as a guy with grit

i.e claude lemeiux i.e butch goring o yea both cup winners

yes u hate him as an oppenent and love him as a team mate

but he wasn't dirty last night alittle bumpy lol but not dirty

u have to get in brodeur's face ,,he will stop most shots he see's
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    dont forget darcy tucker

and esa tikkannen
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • pjscreamer wrote:
    Hey Bats make sure you and nypj1 tell Dustbuster to hit him with his purse LOL.

Translation: Hey, Bathgate, makle sure you and NYPJ1 tell Isbister to hit him with his purse, laugh out loud.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Translation: Hey, Bathgate, makle sure you and NYPJ1 tell Isbister to hit him with his purse, laugh out loud.
    lol

thanks fellas.

pretty concise

screamer would be better off asking NYPJ1 and The X-Man , since they are the regulars at The Garden this season,....
    platessmall.jpg
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Facial Plate

ouch.

Plate inserted into Knuble's face during surgery
    Associated Press
    PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia Flyers forward Mike Knuble had surgery Wednesday to insert a plate in his face to fixate the broken bones in both his right cheekbone and right orbital bone.

Knuble is out indefinitely after suffering a concussion last Saturday when he collided with New York Rangers veteran forward Brendan Shanahan.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said Knuble is out of any type of activity for a week to 10 days and will then start his conditioning.

Knuble has 22 goals and 43 points in 52 games.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dont forget darcy tucker

and esa tikkannen

ulf samuelson (sp) all cup winners expect for that tucker bum

ya need a guy on your team like that
    OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK IAM FUCKING TWITCHING WAITING 4 TONIGHT

i wish i could play one shift and level brodeur
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK IAM FUCKING TWITCHING WAITING 4 TONIGHT

i wish i could play one shift and level brodeur

prepare for disappointment. get yourself some double fudge ice cream.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:

cookie dough is in the freezer
    long red wrote:

contrary to the general feelings from theFishsticks Counsel of Greater Long Island ,
    i believe tonights game will be the Blueshirts
    Funny theyre worried about us having our icecream, when they really should be worried about The Leafs tonight, but alas , they are here worried about our beloved Blueshirts . :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    only 4 out

New York is in 11th place in the East, but only four points behind Carolina for the eighth and final playoff spot. The Rangers have two games in hand on the Hurricanes.

as far as tonight : i'm sorry i'd rather see Tomas Pock play then Karel Rachunek :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All eyes will be on the goalies tonight as the Rangers and Devils re-up at the Garden in the wake of Tuesday's crease wars. Sean Avery will no doubt get right back in Martin Brodeur's face, trying to throw him off his game, and Cam Janssen's will try to find a way to rattle Henrik Lundqvist, either mentally as he is publicly insisting or physically as he threatened from the bench Tuesday (somehow catching the eye of the cameraman but not the referees).

These shenanigans are more the Devils' focus right now, at least from the point of view of their beat -- see the Post, Record, and Ledger -- along with a desire to keep the Rangers out of the playoffs, at least partly for fear of catching the Rangers on a roll in the postseason. On the Ranger side of the beat, the concern as expressed mostly by Jaromir Jagr, Tom Renney, and Lundqvist, is the frustration of playing well enough to win but losing because of recurring errors (paging Karel Rachunek!). See reports in the Daily News, Journal News, Newsday, and Post, with additional material in Rangers Report, MSGN.com, and USA Today.

On the personnel front, Brad Isbister was recalled from Hartford in case Marcel Hossa's neck injury keeps him out of action -- he was said to be 50-50 at practice yesterday (which he missed). Marek Malik says his shoulder will need weeks to heal fully, but lacking the luxury of time, he will be back on the ice tonight -- but don't expect Rachunek to see the bench if he makes it back, expect Thomas Pock to return to his customary seat in the press box, where he is no doubt spending his time considering where he'd like to sign next season when he reaches free agency.

i dont care if Colton Orr gets thrown out of the game, i hope he opens up a can of whoop-ass on Cam Janssens.
    platessmall.jpg
  • from the journal news blog:

If only for a brief moment, Brendan Shanahan appeared in the hallway here at the MSG Training Center before ducking into the trainer’s room.

“He’s good,” Tom Renney said with a smile. “He’s going to go in tonight.”

Easy, now. The coach was only joking. Shanahan is still on injured reserve until Sunday, and was only at the rink today to receive treatment on his shoulder (also banged up in the collision with Mike Knuble) from Jim Ramsay. But as even Renney acknowledged, the fact that the 38-year-old wing is even venturing out of his New York apartment is a reason to be encouraged.

“Definitely,” Renney said. “I took encouragement from it the next day when he went for a little walk and grabbed a coffee and some fresh air. So it is encouraging. I’m not familiar enough with this, so we want to err on the side of caution.”

With that in mind, the Rangers are no closer to determining when Shanahan might return, although an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow will likely shed some new light on the subject. But until then, the team will press on tonight without him.

Among the updates:

# Marcel Hossa skated this morning despite some stiffness in his neck, and is likely to play tonight against the Devils. As I surmised yesterday, the Rangers called up Brad Isbister only as a precaution in case Hossa can’t play. And as Renney said, the team opted for the 6-foot-4, 231-pound Isbister over Ryan Callahan for a reason.

“Yeah, the activity around the net, the way we’re going to work their D, you don’t get too much off these guys off the rush. So where Ryan can and certainly will contribute to our team that way, it’s a big strong body. So if in fact we lose Hossa, we thought we could replace him.”

That said, Renney said Isbister would play in Hossa’s place. So if Hossa can go, Isbister would be a scratch alongside Jason Krog and Thomas Pock. Which leads me to my next point…

# Marek Malik, he of the unexplainably high plus-minus ratio, is back in after declaring his shoulder sprain “playable.” I know where many fans fall on this, but trust me, if you want to be disappointed that Pock isn’t playing, be disappointed that Renney continues to tap Karel Rachunek despite the misadventures of late. That part I still don’t get.

# Don’t be surprised if you see Jaromir Jagr at left wing tonight as Renney bounces the captain throughout the lineup tonight to get away from Jay Pandolfo. The thinking is that Jagr can protect the puck better playing his natural wing. How big an adjustment will that? According to Renney, Jagr has even claimed he can play center, as he did in Russia. But the coach said he isn’t willing to go down that road yet.

OK, more later from the Garden…
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    # Marek Malik, he of the unexplainably high plus-minus ratio, is back in after declaring his shoulder sprain “playable.” I know where many fans fall on this, but trust me, if you want to be disappointed that Pock isn’t playing, be disappointed that Renney continues to tap Karel Rachunek despite the misadventures of late. That part I still don’t get.

I am wayyyyyyyy ahead of everyone , on this point .
    platessmall.jpg
  • i'm playing the rangers in the pc version of NHL 2007 and the first thing I did was trade ozo, rachunek and malik. i think i got back sean o'donnell, mike weaver and some minor leaguer from the red wings, but i'd have traded them for an equipment bag..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    after tonight, and after a NYR " W " ,

either Tor MapleLeafs or Long Island Isles will only be 1 point ahead of NYR , and we've got either 2-3 games in hand on them,..

very sweet.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    after tonight, and after a NYR " W " ,

either Tor MapleLeafs or Long Island Isles will only be 1 point ahead of NYR , and we've got either 2-3 games in hand on them,..

very sweet.

unless they have a jerky 3 point game
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lets go devils..........lets go devils
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

NY PJ1 wrote:
    unless they have a jerky 3 point game

fuck

i forgot all about that scenario . :mad: :mad: :mad:

for cripes sake we need 2 and one of them 2 no fuckin ties .
    platessmall.jpg
    23rd one goal win for the devils?

c'mon,...

1 point is better then none, but still, blow another 2 goal lead.

oh and, please, bench rachunek already .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    theres your jerky 3 point game rangers fans HAHAHAHAHA

LETS GO ISLANDERS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

LETS GO ISLANDERS

at this point, every game is a 4 point game for us .
    platessmall.jpg
    well at least the refs are on our side :rolleyes:

LETS GO ISLANDERS

just curious,,why don't u make an islander thread?

u and long red can discuss ,, instead of riding our coat tails

i know ur used to being # 2 in new york ,, but go for it
  • I sware, I've never seen the rangers play better than these past 2 games!

Last night the NJD went 0 for 5 on the power play, and I believe 2 of the 5 were 5vs3.
    Everyone on that team is playing their part. I don't think they need to make a trade at all. They just cant catch breaks at all!

The crowd last night was fuckin spectacular...probably the best crowd of the year that I have been too! It was a playoff game
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    I sware, I've never seen the rangers play better than these past 2 games!

Last night the NJD went 0 for 5 on the power play, and I believe 2 of the 5 were 5vs3.
    Everyone on that team is playing their part. I don't think they need to make a trade at all. They just cant catch breaks at all!

The crowd last night was fuckin spectacular...probably the best crowd of the year that I have been too! It was a playoff game

thank the refs
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    just curious,,why don't u make an islander thread?

u and long red can discuss ,, instead of riding our coat tails

i know ur used to being # 2 in new york ,, but go for it

c'mon now...you know if we made an isles thread, that thing would die quickly and violently...kinda like how your rangers are dying.

i like coming here....and i've discussed the rangers here before...i just feel that if you have a new york hockey thread, it needs to be peppered with islander remarks.
    long red wrote:
    c'mon now...you know if we made an isles thread, that thing would die quickly and violently...kinda like how your rangers are dying.

i like coming here....and i've discussed the rangers here before...i just feel that if you have a new york hockey thread, it needs to be peppered with islander remarks.

thats fine ,, i laugh at u 2 in here riding the coat tails as i said

just curious,, because u 2 are fans and u could have real discussions about the team instead of making jokes and not really discussing anything

p.s. this isn't a new york hockey thread
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats fine ,, i laugh at u 2 in here riding the coat tails as i said

just curious,, because u 2 are fans and u could have real discussions about the team instead of making jokes and not really discussing anything

p.s. this isn't a new york hockey thread

when i want to talk about the islanders, i go to the islanders message board....i come here to make fun, and have fun.

p.s. you're right...the rangers aren't a good example of new york hockey.
    long red wrote:
    when i want to talk about the islanders, i go to the islanders message board....i come here to make fun, and have fun.

p.s. you're right...the rangers aren't a good example of new york hockey.

must be alot of winners on that board :rolleyes:
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    must be alot of winners on that board :rolleyes:

actually, i hate most of them....the most unrealistic bunch you will ever come across. starry-eyed, DP-fuckers all the way.