B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Blueshirt Bulletin

Rangers in Snowy Jersey, Sather in Sunny Florida

When the Rangers face New Jersey tonight, someone should put this Star-Ledger article on the bulletin board for some extra inspiration in what may be their last ever game in the Meadowlands (see Post and Record). They will already take with them the inspiration of trying to stay in the playoff race until Brendan Shanahan returns from his concussion (see News and Ledger). More on Shanahan and Mike Knuble at NHL.com. Little news on the prospect front today -- Bob Crawford's Wolf Pack weekly review is all. So far, no call ups from Hartford to replace either Shanahan or Marek Malik (who has yet to go on IR).

At the GM meetings, Glen Sather is finding the trade market overpriced and will wait for the deadline, at which time he expects demands to drop (see Canada.com and ESPN.com). Today, the GMs discuss making all games worth three points, as even they are starting to see the illogic of games not being worth the same number of points in the standings. Yesterday, they revisited the instigator rule, apparently in an attempt to allow the Penguins to protect Sidney Crosby -- attempts to injure Jaromir Jagr are not, however, on their radar screen, which makes Sather's comments on player protection laughable -- "We always had somebody in a position to do it."

Posted by Dubi on February 20, 2007 at 12:27 PM | Permalink | Comments (4) | TrackBack (0)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    bench Karel Rachunek for a few games, please ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:

THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SCUMBAGGGGGG

WTF IS HE DOING MANNNNNNN IM READY TO BLOW UP SOMETHING IS GETTING BROKE
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MOTHERFUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SCUMBAGGGGGG

WTF IS HE DOING MANNNNNNN IM READY TO BLOW UP SOMETHING IS GETTING BROKE

its a shame, really. a damn damn shame.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    its a shame, really. a damn damn shame.

DUDE IM READY TO FUCKING KILL

OUTPLAY THEM THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME ..TO LOSE LIKE THAT

2 BULLSHIT GOALS UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    DUDE IM READY TO FUCKING KILL

OUTPLAY THEM THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME ..TO LOSE LIKE THAT

2 BULLSHIT GOALS UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

that Parise goal was all skill. hey, wasnt his dad an islander back in the day?:)
    Jam out with your clam out.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

see what im talking about ?

this fucking guy should be sent back to ottawa or whatever rock he crawled out from under,..... its becoming detremental to our season- send this guy by the wayside of ozolinsh and kaspar .

in fact , bring back kaspar and demote this rachunbek , preferabley before the rematch thursday with los diablos.

long red wrote:
    that Parise goal was all skill.

OK Break out the whitebread

cuz here comes the baloney

put the pipe down, brother.
    platessmall.jpg
    :mad: :mad: this is me this morning
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    :mad: :mad: this is me this morning

you arent alone.

fucking karel rachunek- as i have been saying- this games on you, fucktard .

another qwuestion- why does avery get a double minor, after Brodeur punches him in the face ?
    There should definitely have been coincidental minors there, and oh isnt it funny that the ref is the guy who Shanny wripped into 2 weeks ago,...

numbnuts and asshats .

:rolleyes:

the devils are absolutely shitting their pants - in hopes that NYRs dont make the playoffs.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

the devils are absolutely shitting their pants - in hopes that NYRs dont make the playoffs.

Uh, no...

But as this is your thread I'll give you a little tidbit from the blueshirt in my office.

Saturday, guess who was taking the 1 train off to the Garden. Shanny, cup of coffee in hand.
    I'm guessing he didn't take same train home.
    I'm guessing he didn't take same train home.

wow Einstein, is this supposed to be funny ?

everyone knows the facts : ( or, you can check todays NY Daily News )
    NJD dont want any part of NYR in a 7 game ( or even 5 ) series.

Janssens is a turd.

That is all.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    you arent alone.

fucking karel rachunek- as i have been saying- this games on you, fucktard .

another qwuestion- why does avery get a double minor, after Brodeur punches him in the face ?
    There should definitely have been coincidental minors there, and oh isnt it funny that the ref is the guy who Shanny wripped into 2 weeks ago,...

numbnuts and asshats .

don't forget about the 3rd man in ,, wtf??
    brodeur 2 for roughing and the first devil on top of avery 2 for roughing
    period........ no way around that

brodeur gets nothing?????? he threw the first punch ?
  • No, wasn't particularly going for funny there. Just sorta factual. I just thought you'd like to know that he rides like a regular Joe.

Well, you make the playoffs first, and then we'll worry about the rest. Bye bye.
  • What a great fuckin game. I don't care that they lost. They didnt loose any ground either.

Even if they lost 4-1 they played a fuckin spectacular game. The 2nd NJD goal, the first save Henrik made was amazing...as well as when someone on the devils had a small breakaway in the 3rd and Henrik shut him down.

When the Rangers scored, the place ERUPTED. Just from listening to it, it had to be about 60% ranger fans.

I'm making the Thursday game...should be great.

Last nights game was one of the best games of the year.

I'm in love with the Avery, Ordymier (if i spelled that right) and Prucha line!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    No, wasn't particularly going for funny there. Just sorta factual. I just thought you'd like to know that he rides like a regular Joe.

Well, you make the playoffs first, and then we'll worry about the rest. Bye bye.

bye fair-weather devil fan
    No, wasn't particularly going for funny there. Just sorta factual. I just thought you'd like to know that he rides like a regular Joe.

Oh Okay, Captain Obvious
    As if all of us here didnt see ( or hear about afterwards ) Shanny rolled off the ice on a stretcher.

We also know , since his first week , that he rides the subway to and fro the Garden from his upper Westside residence .
    platessmall.jpg
    Ordymier

Ortmeyer

Gotta love that line, too.
    But how many chances is Prucha going to get before he goes on an absolute tear ? How many open net shots did he miss yesterday ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    bye fair-weather devil fan
    I'll hang around if you want.

I'm not fairweather fan. I live and die by what my team does on the ice. It's kinda morbid actually.

I wasn't nasty or contemptuous. Everything I said was fact-based. And due to the fact that I couldn't find a Devils thread.

I think I've become a fairweather PJ fan though, if that makes it better.
    platessmall.jpg
    here comes Brad Isbister

i completely forgot about NYR getting this guy.

Called up since Shanny has been placed on IR .

that kinda sucks, i hope this isnt it for shanny.

- _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ -
    platessmall.jpg
  • it probably is. they placed shanahan on IR sunday and didn't make a corresponding move.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    it probably is. they placed shanahan on IR sunday and didn't make a corresponding move.
    this really sucks.

shanny and nyc( went )go so good together.

good read , worth draggin over here :Blueshirt Bulletin
    February 21, 2007
    Devils Get More Than They're Due [Links & Prospects Added]
    Update: Rangers recall (drum roll please) -- Brad Isbister! You can book your Cup final tickets now.:rolleyes:

The old days were back on the day the Rangers made their last regular season visit to the old Meadowlands. The old days of the Devils allowed to shut down any semblance of offense in any way they want to with impunity in a 2-1 win over the Rangers. Check that -- these are not the old days, this is the way it's been all season between these two teams. The Devils can do anything, but not the Rangers. Paul Martin can knee Jaromir Jagr without penalty. Martin Brodeur can initiate a post-whistle scrum by shoving Sean Avery with Avery getting a double minor and Brodeur getting zilch. Even when a Colin White is called for interefering with Marcel Hossa off a draw, Hossa must have dived. Avery and Petr Prucha can be flattened hard in front of the Devils' net away from the puck without any calls, because after all, how else could the Devils get the odd man rush they needed to score the winning goal?

Almost always, complaints about officiating pale in comparison to what a team could have done on its own to overcome that and other adversity. And that has certainly been true about the oft-complaining Rangers this season. But when it comes to the Devils, the officials are literally taking points away from the Rangers beyond their own ability to win them. In their seven meetings so far this season, the Rangers have gotten calls just once. In the other six games, the Rangers have gotten virtually nothing -- seven power plays total in five of the six games (including none at all in one game and just one power play in each of two other games), and in the sixth game, the Rangers had one power play in the first half of the game while the Devils had five, by which time the rout was already on for the Devils thanks to three power play goals of their own (the Rangers ended up with four more power plays in garbage time). Over those five and a half games, the Rangers got eight power plays compared to 28 for the Devils.

You won't get any argument here that the Devils aren't the more disciplined team in this area. But to the tune of 28 to 8? In games that were mostly so close that the aggregate score is 12-11 Devils? Considering what Brodeur, Martin, and others got away with in just last night's game, for example? You can't win very many one-goal games (as each of the last five have been) without your power play, and you can't win on your power play without getting power plays (even if ther Rangers haven't exactly burned up the league in that way this season and lost the one game against the Devils where they were given the power play chances). And you certainly can't win when the opposition can illegally flatten you not once but twice, taking two players out of the play, and come right down the other way and get the game winner. There is something rotten in the state of New Jersey.

Another thing new in last night's game was the way the Rangers got in Brodeur's face, particularly (almost exclusively, actually) Avery. He may have even gotten away with one on the Rangers' goal, though it was too borderline to negate a goal. The Rangers played a feisty game -- Jagr even got into it. Why no one on his own team helped him out is even more criminal than the lack of protection from the refs -- at least the Rangers have control over that. And how about Prucha getting the better of White in the scrum after the Avery-Brodeur shoving match?

Larry Brooks writes about a lot of these same issues in the Post, today's best reading. Game reports abound, all centered on the Avery-Brodeur altercation -- see the Daily News, Newsday, Post, Times, Ledger, Record, AP, SNY, and NY Sports Day. More from the News, Ledger, and Record. Lots of pre-game and post-game notes from the reporters' blogs -- Rangers Report (last three posts), Blueshirts Blog (Shanahan update), Blue Notes -- and USA Today. Devils' notes from the Ledger. Down in Florida, the GMs want to recommend more instigation of fights but want to leave the ridiculous point system in place -- and they wonder why no one takes the NHL seriously. Over at ESPN.com, a look at the importance to the NHL of the Original Six teams -- apparently not as important as the Lou Lamoriello teams, at least in the New York area, more reason to wonder about the NHL's priorities.

And from Jess, a brief prospect update: We have a new leader in the prospect scoring race as the Moose, Brodie Dupont, helped trigger a six goal outburst with his 34th goal, along with an assist, as Calgary roared back from a 2-0 deficit to defeat Saskatoon, 6-2. Eric Hunter led Prince George into the home of the best junior team in Canada, Everett, and gave them one heck of a fight. Hunter scored his 20th goal of the season but the Silvertips showed why they are the number one team in the CHL by coming back to win in overtime, 3-2. We have to salute Prince George for playing one of the best games we have followed all season.

Posted by Dubi on February 21, 2007 at 12:07 PM | Permalink | Comments (14) | TrackBack (0)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Hey Bats make sure you and nypj1 tell Dustbuster to hit him with his purse LOL.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • Shanny cant come back until the 25th, earliest. I'm sure he will be back for Pitt...I don't think he will be back for Montreal
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Ok Ok....I know this is the Rangers thread and he is probably one of those guys that you would love if he was on your team......but I can not stand by and witness praise being heaped upon this piece of turd.....he has to be the most out of control cheap shot artist in the game.......Am I ever glade to see him leave the Western Conference.

PS And I know who his girlfriend is and how hot she is....why she is with him is a mystery to me
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Ok Ok....I know this is the Rangers thread and he is probably one of those guys that you would love if he was on your team......but I can not stand by and witness praise being heaped upon this piece of turd.....he has to be the most out of control cheap shot artist in the game.......Am I ever glade to see him leave the Western Conference.

PS And I know who his girlfriend is and how hot she is....why she is with him is a mystery to me

sorry- no cheapshots last night.

besides the time he was pushed into Brodeur by his own Devil teammate, there was no contact. In fact, his reputation must really screw him over , because Marty punched him in the face, but Avery got the double minor.
    What did Martin get? Absolutely nothing .

It always helps to have Karel Rachunek on the opposing team also- he scores on his own goaltender. :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Hey Bats make sure you and nypj1 tell Dustbuster to hit him with his purse LOL.

for the sake of the Yankee empire,

can we get a translation on this, please ? :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sorry- no cheapshots last night.

besides the time he was pushed into Brodeur by his own Devil teammate, there was no contact. In fact, his reputation must really screw him over , because Marty punched him in the face, but Avery got the double minor.
    What did Martin get? Absolutely nothing .

It always helps to have Karel Rachunek on the opposing team also- he scores on his own goaltender. :rolleyes:

I have to admit from the highlight package I saw here they began the sequence from the point he and Brouder were already toe-to-toe....so I can't really comment on the incident last night. My comments are more geared around seeing him in action first hand out here when he was with the Kings

But like I alluded to judgment is often a consequence of perspective...when he is being a dirty cheap shoot artist for your team he can be viewed as a guy with grit
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bathgate66 wrote:

If my retard to english dictionary is working, I think he means to tell Isbister to hit someone, I'm guessing Brodeur, with his purse.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I TRANSLATE DA KID TALK

HE TOLD U to tell me and u to tell isbister to stop being a girl and hit him

but i think he thinks it aint gonna happen

i just confused myself