B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• devils because they're 15 up on the rangers and the penguins are only eight up.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    go diablos
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    from Blueshirt Bulletin

With the Isles, Leafs, and Lightning all winning their games last night, the Hurricanes are the only team the Rangers were able to make up ground against. They are now three points behind the Isles, Leafs, and Canadiens, and four points behind the 'Canes, with a game in hand on the first two, two games in hand on the Habs, and three games in hand on Carolina. The still have to play the Isles four times, Montreal thrice, and Toronto and Carolina once each. They also have four games left against Pittsburgh, currently eight points ahead in fourth place. Lots of room, lots of opportunities.

1pm game,...i dunno bout this starttime :confused:

[size=+3] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    nice show, Devils :rolleyes:

3 goals in the first period ?

:confused:

well, here we go again with the 1pm daytime start time.

hate it .

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
  • NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    LET'S GO RANGERS !!!!!

Ortmeyer buries one and picks up an assist.

Shanahan with two goals!

Rangers win this one ............... 5-1 !!!!
    NMyTree wrote:
    LET'S GO RANGERS !!!!!

Ortmeyer buries one and picks up an assist.

Shanahan with two goals!

Rangers win this one ............... 5-1 !!!!

whoa- theres a rarely seen name !

( 4 posts )

where have you been ?

anyhow- thats a good prediction-( gotta love Orts )

I say Dupuis scores in his first game at MSG as a NYR .

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    flyers are headhunting today !

( more then usual )

they get all the penalties , but they are doing the scoring and getting the chances - wtf ? :confused: :eek: :eek: :confused:

why arent the Rs making them pay for their blatant intent to injure ?

oh & eager got a game misconduct ? what a deuschebag attempt of a hit that was-

asshat .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Wow a nightmare for you guys not just the (possible) loss but losing Jagr,Lundqvist and Shanahan has gotta hurt. Hope Shanny is ok, knowing he wouldn't let anyone carry him off without a reason.
  • Apparently Shanahan is alert and awake. Good for him since he's a classy player, but Hollweg and Avery not much class there, going after Zhitnik and Pitkänen LOL
    Jagr ?

we didnt lose him, but we did loose a bunch

shanny, lundqvist , malik, ward , all injured as a result of todays game with the headhunters.

Ortmeyer got a few stitches to the face in the 1st, but he came back .

i think its time for rachunek to ride the bench, or even the suites upstairs for a few games .

all my prayers go out to shanny.

that was just horrible to watch on television. i hope shannys family ( i know hes got a few young kids ) werent seeing this unfold. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Oh, i wrote Jagr instead of Malik, probably because of the shootout goal (which was more Jagr than Malik) he scored last season. :D
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Jagr ?

we didnt lose him, but we did loose a bunch

shanny, lundqvist , malik, ward , all injured as a result of todays game with the headhunters.

Ortmeyer got a few stitches to the face in the 1st, but he came back .

i think its time for rachunek to ride the bench, or even the suites upstairs for a few games .

all my prayers go out to shanny.

that was just horrible to watch on television. i hope shannys family ( i know hes got a few young kids ) werent seeing this unfold. :eek: :eek: :eek:

headhunters???? i think not my friend. the flyers played tough...and the rangers, well they just did not. and shanny's injury was a freak accident...no headhunting there.....i thought the rangers adding avery would up their toughness...turns out it just made them even more whiney.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    headhunters???? i think not my friend. the flyers played tough...and the rangers, well they just did not. and shanny's injury was a freak accident...no headhunting there.....i thought the rangers adding avery would up their toughness...turns out it just made them even more whiney.

did you see the first 10 minutes of this game , my friend ?

definitely not a result of headhunting with the Shanny - Knuble collison.
    Knuble is one stand up dude- not a particularly " dirty " player. ( alltho he usually does kill the NYRs)

eager, fedoruk , even hatcher: all headhunting today.
    hollweg retaliated but a little too little a little too late .

Colton Orr might get the spot vacated by Shanny, surely flyers will be seeing him close and personal on 3/21 & 31.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    did you see the first 10 minutes of this game , my friend ?

definitely not a result of headhunting with the Shanny - Knuble collison.
    Knuble is one stand up dude- not a particularly " dirty " player. ( alltho he usually does kill the NYRs)

eager, fedoruk , even hatcher: all headhunting today.
    hollweg retaliated but a little too little a little too late .

Colton Orr might get the spot vacated by Shanny, surely flyers will be seeing him close and personal on 3/21 & 31.

actually i missed the first period so....there ya go.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • From the Journal News Rangers Blog:

# Brendan Shanahan is awake, alert and moving all his extremities at St. Vincent’s Hospital. He has no recollection of the collision with Mike Knuble, but there is no word yet on whether he sustained a concussion. The only reference to how long the right wing might be out was Tom Renney saying he hopes it’s not long.

UPDATE: Shanahan will be kept overnight for observations but X-rays and CAT scans were clear.

It was frightening stuff, as many of you saw, but it sounds like many of the steps taken were precautionary. At one point, in fact, Shanahan had wanted to sit up, but doctors advised otherwise.

# Henrik Lundqvist is fine and will play tomorrow against the Blackhawks. The goaltender said his shoulder was sore but that he wanted to play the third period, but Renney overruled him to prepare him for today.

# Aaron Ward needed stitches for his right hand after his fight with Joni Pitkanen, but he won’t miss any time. “I don’t have great hands to begin with,” Ward said.

# No word on Marek Malik, who left the third period with an “upper body injury”, but one can assume he’s out tomorrow against Chicago.

OK, more later…
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    sweet win tonight alltho i have no fingernails left, only knubs.

great news on the CaT scans being negetive

i would say after all is said and done with, now that we know more about what happened to shanny , that knuble got the worst of it .

yeah , even tho he skatess off and shanny was wheeled off on a backboard stretcher with a neckbrace , knuble must wait for surgery , until the swelling in his face and head go down , and he sustained a broken orbital bone as well as the zygomatic arch ( cheekbone ). Facial bone injuries are no joke .

platessmall.jpg
    Blueshirt Bulletin

Over the last ten seasons, Brendan Shanahan missed only 25 of 889 possible games -- 20 out of 778 regular season games, five of 111 playoff games. Until today. Starting with today's home date with Chicago, that number is going to grow. Although Shanahan appears to have dodged the worst of consequences from his collision with Mike Knuble yesterday, has no spinal or neurological damage, and was sent home from hospital today, he was placed on injured reserve and will miss at least the next seven days. But he will probably be out even longer than that. "In about five days they're gonna meet with him again and reassess where he is," Tom Renney said. "From that point on they'll determine whether he can go for a bike ride, go for a little spin on the ice -- determine what type of activity he would be able to do. From there, I'd be guessing."
    platessmall.jpg
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sweet win tonight alltho i have no fingernails left, only knubs.

You know being at the game last night, it was kind of boring through I want to say half the first, all of the second and the first half of the third.

I'm glad that they one, but they got the lead and kinda stopped trying. They had a few more chances, but Lalime played well, or they iron saved his ass.

I'm just glad they won for a change while I'm in attendance. That boosts my record to 2-2-1 while at a game!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • i think they're 7-8-2 when i go this season...
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i'd have to agree- why were they sitting back on a 2-0, eventually 2-1 lead ?

wtf ?

and hey matinee today Isles Vs Red Hot Penguins .

Happy Presidents Day .

you guys catching the new NHL commercials ?

heres the montage with Shanny and Souray throwing water balloons off their balcony, and Ovechkin ordering food uinder Crsobys room / name,......funny stuff.Looks like they shot these promos at the All Star Festivities- pretty smart marketing move there.
    Click down there :

[size=+3] NHL Players Are Just Like You And Me [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    BOUNCE-BACK WIN
    VISIT FROM INJURED SHANAHAN INSPIRES RANGERS

By LARRY BROOKS

-- The Rangers ran into the perfect opponent yesterday at the Garden - well, not literally - in a Blackhawks team that wasn't the slightest bit interested in testing the Blueshirts on any meaningful level.

This was essential for the home team because the Rangers were battered and bruised in the aftermath of the demolition derby of a defeat they'd suffered on Saturday to the Flyers in which Brendan Shanahan was wheeled off the ice on a stretcher after his third-period collision with Mike Knuble.

Shanahan, released from St. Vincent's Hospital at noon yesterday, was placed on the IR and will not play for the foreseeable future after being diagnosed with a concussion, but no other significant injury. He will be re-evaluated in five days by physicians, who will then determine whether he can begin physical activity, and to what degree.

Before repairing to his Manhattan apartment, the winger made a pre-game appearance in the locker room, the purpose of which was not to deliver a "Win One for the Shanny" speech, but to reassure his teammates - nearly all of whom had visited him at the hospital the previous night - he is relatively healthy.

Thus relieved, the Blueshirts assumed a 2-0 lead by the 11:40 mark before escaping with a 2-1 victory for which they earned the very same two points in the standings they'd have gotten with a dominating triumph over the first-overall Sabres. They all look like line drives in the box score, you know.

"We all got a lot of energy from seeing Brendan," said Henrik Lundqvist, who started his 14th straight after suffering a bruised left shoulder that forced him out of Saturday's game after the second period. "To see him here smiling, to know that he's going to be OK, that meant a lot."

The power play, whose repeated early failures foreshadowed defeat on Saturday, scored 1:42 into yesterday's match. Marcel Hossa's fifth goal in the last seven games gave the Blueshirts the 2-0 lead.

"I don't think we played bad on Saturday; it's just that we didn't score on the power play and then made mistakes," said Jaromir Jagr. "It was very important for us to regroup."

The Blackhawks, who scored late in the second, never displayed the slightest inclination to touch Jagr, let alone pound him. This meant that the officiating team of Bill McCreary and Chris Lee did not have the opportunity to ignore flagrant fouls against No. 68 as they did on Saturday.

Petr Prucha skated in Shanahan's spot with Sean Avery and center Michael Nylander, who wore the "A" in No. 14's absence. Colton Orr, a scratch vs. Philly, played eight shifts. Thomas Pock replaced Marek Malik (shoulder) on defense and was fine; far better, in fact, then Karel Rachunek, a natural disaster waiting to happen and who somehow was on the ice with a minute to go in a 2-1 game.

Prior to the match, coach Tom Renney second-guessed himself for having not played Orr on Saturday, implying the Flyers would not have taken liberties with Jagr had he been in the lineup. But then, Orr hasn't been a deterrent all season.

Now it's on to New Jersey tomorrow to open the home-and-home that concludes two days later. The Rangers averted further weekend damage by just getting by yesterday. No one should expect that to be close to good enough against the Devils.

Rangers 2 Blackhawks 1

larry.brooks@nypost.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    IM STUCK IN THE BOON DOCKS OF LONG ISLAND!

that was a pretty fucked up sat. holy shit

thank god shanny is alright ,,i hate seeing anyone leave the ice like that
    especially one of our own

that hit on jagr was sick also ,,elbows flying at the head
    at least avery fought and i think holly has fought in 4 straight

we needed 4 points this weekend ,,but it wasn't meant to be

and yesterday we let a bum team almost tie it

the 1st period was great but then WTF

big home and home coming
  • matt cullen also addressed the shanahan visit:

"It was pretty impressive. I don't know too many guys that would do that. It's not just to say that or the old cliche but it really was pretty inspirational to see him come when he's supposed to go right home and just rest. To see him come out of his way, it shows how he much cares. It was really impressive. I couldn't say about enough about our people.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    then cullen goes and sets up the 2nd ( game winning ) goal .

he's been zipping all over the ice lately .

speedy !

this thursday is the deadline.

im wondering if slats is finished wheeling and dealing, or maybe he'll push a deal thru to use up that extra cap space .
    platessmall.jpg
  • thursday is the nba, nhl is next tuesday.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    oh my bad.

isles beat the pens today., snapped their streak .

i heard on that game today that bill guerin may become a penguin ? :eek: :eek:

why cant the NYRs make a piuckup like that before the deadline ? we have some / enough room for this , no ? :confused::confused: \

home and home coming up good chance to move up in the standings

platessmall.jpg
  • i actually watched that one on TV, really exciting game.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i actually watched that one on TV, really exciting game.

yeah

11 goals scored :eek: :eek:

middle of presidents day monday - cant be that bad watching hockey -
    platessmall.jpg
    Well, someone told me yesterday
    That when you throw your love away
    You act as if you don't care
    You look as if you're going somewhere
    But I just can't convince myself
    I couldn't live with no one else
    And I can only play that part
    And sit and nurse my broken heart, so lonely
    So lonely, so lonely, so lonely
    So lonely, so lonely

Now no-one's knocked upon my door
    For a thousand years, or more
    All made up and nowhere to go
    Welcome to this one man show
    Just take a seat, they're always free
    No surprise, no mystery
    In this theatre that I call my soul
    I always play the starring role, so lonely
    So lonely, so lonely
    So lonely
    I feel lonely, I'm so lonely, I feel so low
    I feel lonely, I'm so lonely, I feel so low

:( :( :( :(

f'n ticketbastard website- no police tickets for bathgate today

:( :( :( :(

hopefully the NYR can put together something and help from the pain of it all,...

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg