B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    what would all these guys do if they were born 50 years earlier ? ( devs and isles fans )

there would have only been 1 team

the original team of NY
    and an original 6
    Everyone on that team is playing their part. I don't think they need to make a trade at all. They just cant catch breaks at all!

I would agree with this part- with these 2 exceptions:

1 ) Karel Rachunek is still horrible

2 ) Why isnt the team Captain Jagr not shooting in the shootouts ? I think this is complete and utter bullshit. This guy should NOT be sitting on the bench picking his nose while the shootout is going on.

Also- I'm not sure this was widespread- ( or just to my local area ) but just curious- in the beginning of the 3rd period- the MSG Network cut away till commercials during the game play , and it was an extended commercial break , where when we came back fronm the break ( we missed the play ) Joe Micheletti fills us in that there was now a 4-on-4 situation because of coincidental minor penalties. Youd think the fucking MSG Network would have their shit together by now , but alas they dont . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Fucktards.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    what would all these guys do if they were born 50 years earlier ? ( devs and isles fans )

there would have only been 1 team

the original team of NY
    and an original 6

it doesnt matter how original you guys are....you still stink and you're still not making the playoffs.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    just curious,,why don't u make an islander thread?

u and long red can discuss ,, instead of riding our coat tails

i know ur used to being # 2 in new york ,, but go for it
    yo dude im just here to have fun, calm down its a stupid fucking thread on a band message board.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    must be alot of winners on that board :rolleyes:
    i lasted a day on there, i was banned for fighting with peeps and they didnt call me a real islander fan cause i said making garth snow the gm was the worst move ever
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    yo dude im just here to have fun, calm down its a stupid fucking thread on a band message board.

i lasted a day on there, i was banned for fighting with peeps and they didnt call me a real islander fan cause i said making garth snow the gm was the worst move ever

im calm ..i could care less about u coming on here

i laugh to myself because i know u guys wish u were with us

i was just asking why not start a fishstick thread
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    im calm ..i could care less about u coming on here

i laugh to myself because i know u guys wish u were with us

i was just asking why not start a fishstick thread
    the reason why i didnt start one is cause theres only 2 isles fans on here and im pretty sure u guys would all go in there and laugh at us for there only being 2 fans in the thread. and #2 i really dont care much for the isles or the nhl these days. the lockout lost me as a die-hard for a long time

• doesn't it seem odd that jagr isn't the first three shooters in the shootout?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    doesn't it seem odd that jagr isn't the first three shooters in the shootout?

he's a fag,,,he doesn't want to go

i think the "C" should be given back
  • From Larry Brooks and he's right:

COME ON, JAGR! STOP SITTING OUT SHOOTOUS

February 23, 2007 -- IT IS unfathomable. In what, by definition, was the most important game of the Rangers' season, because each succeeding match becomes the most important for the unsuccessful 11th-place Blueshirts, Jaromir Jagr did not participate in a shootout that went four rounds against Martin Brodeur.

The Rangers captain did not shoot for the sixth consecutive time after two initial misses because he previously told Tom Renney he does not feel confident enough to participate in the one-on-one showdown in which the great ones generally thrive.

It is unimaginable that Jagr, battered and bruised though both his left shoulder and psyche must be, would not demand to go. It is beyond belief that he would not demand the opportunity to have the game on his stick, if for no other reason than to prove himself unafraid of failure to his teammates.

It is inconceivable that he would not try to keep the Rangers alive when trailing 2-1 in the shootout in a game they once led 2-0 but would lose 3-2.

"I'm not good anymore," Jagr told The Post when asked why he wasn't on Renney's list. "That's the reason."

When the Rangers were beaten in a shootout at the Meadowlands on Feb. 6, Renney had Jagr listed to go fourth, had third-man Matt Cullen extended the competition to a sudden-death round. But not last night.

Last night, after Michael Nylander's goal was followed by Marcel Hossa's and Cullen's inability to beat Brodeur, Renney tabbed Petr Prucha to try and keep the Blueshirts alive.

"I did have Jaromir fourth in that game, but Jaromir wasn't aware of it," Renney said. "Some time after that, as part of our regular dialog, he told me, 'Tommy, I can't.'

"He's just not where he wants to be."

But Jagr last night was where he wanted to be - on the bench. Funny, but that was where the Devils wanted him to be, as well.

"I'm not in their camp, so I don't know what's going on there, but I was surprised not to see him when it went to the fourth round," said Martin Brodeur, who had a routinely sensational game. "You do see a lot of the most talented players not going in shootouts, but I'm happy when he's not shooting."

Jagr either was or wasn't where he wants to be, and the Rangers are nowhere near where they want to be. They're in 11th place in the East, 12th by winning percentage. They're 19th (or 20th) overall. The playoffs seem as far away as last season, which now seems as far away in the rearview mirror as 1994.

Henrik Lundqvist was very good, but he surrendered a terrible goal to Brian Rafalski at 13:34 of the second with the Rangers on top 2-0 and in control. Lundqvist has been the least of the team's problems since the All-Star break, but he's hiccupping at the worst possible times. The Rangers needed to go into the third with a two-goal cushion.

The final period played out as if by script. Zach Parise, the Rangers' 2003 Entry Draft mistake that will haunt the Blueshirts for a generation, tied the match at 12:47. When they lost the shootout, it marked the ninth time in their last 26 matches the Blueshirts were unable to hold either a lead or a draw in the final nine minutes of regulation.

They lost the game, they lost a point, they lost with Jagr on the bench.

Unfathomable.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    long red wrote:
    it doesnt matter how original you guys are....you still stink and you're still not making the playoffs.

but it does ( to us ) , and the rest of the league .

and frankly, i cannot argue the facts, our record stands for itself.

my heart still holds out hope that this group can muster together 15 wins outta the remaining 20-something games , but my brain tells me otherwise. Still have 3 more against Isles ( at the Masoleum - oh and last night just barely over 10,000 attending ) , 2 more against Pitts, 1 more against Carolina, Toronto - we can claw back .
    Being 4 points out, and between 2 and 3 games in hand on most of, if not all of , the opponents , doesnt put us out just yet .

Also- its very conceivable that Slats will be making some kind of move before Tuesdays deadline.

Mike & The Maddog- Mike is off today- but Chris is actually talking Ranger Hockey today, for anyone who gives a shit.

as always
    [size=+3] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    but it does ( to us ) , and the rest of the league .

and frankly, i cannot argue the facts, our record stands for itself.

my heart still holds out hope that this group can muster together 15 wins outta the remaining 20-something games , but my brain tells me otherwise. Still have 3 more against Isles ( at the Masoleum - oh and last night just barely over 10,000 attending ) , 2 more against Pitts, 1 more against Carolina, Toronto - we can claw back .
    Being 4 points out, and between 2 and 3 games in hand on most of, if not all of , the opponents , doesnt put us out just yet .

Also- its very conceivable that Slats will be making some kind of move before Tuesdays deadline.

as always

[size=+3] - _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ - [/size]

10,000 people at a big game ??? what a shame
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    10,000 people at a big game ??? what a shame
    thats been the norm here ever since the lockout happend

thats been the norm here ever since the lockout happend

lol u blame everything on the lockout

FACE IT.... NO ONE GIVES A sHIT ABOUT THE STICKS!!!!!!!

ONLY WHEN THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WILL PEOPLE SHOW UP

FAIR-WEATHER FANS ........ PERIOD just like the devils
  • i lasted a day on there, i was banned for fighting with peeps and they didnt call me a real islander fan cause i said making garth snow the gm was the worst move ever

I'll be glad to start "the other New York hockey teams" thread with you, if you want.

Did you know that a large amount of Islanders fans became Devils fans? It's a seriously sizable number. And the No. 1 reason for that ... researchers found, was because they didn't like the Rangers!

Anyway, if you wanna split up a new thread and avoid Broadway every day, let me know. I'm down.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lol u blame everything on the lockout

FACE IT.... NO ONE GIVES A sHIT ABOUT THE STICKS!!!!!!!

ONLY WHEN THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WILL PEOPLE SHOW UP

FAIR-WEATHER FANS ........ PERIOD just like the devils
    would u give a shit bout your team, if they fired one of the best gms in the last 15+ years. im talking bout neil smith not the douche milbury

I'll be glad to start "the other New York hockey teams" thread with you, if you want.

Did you know that a large amount of Islanders fans became Devils fans? It's a seriously sizable number. And the No. 1 reason for that ... researchers found, was because they didn't like the Rangers!

Anyway, if you wanna split up a new thread and avoid Broadway every day, let me know. I'm down.

ha !

this has to take the cake

so now this guy moves in ( to broadway ) LOL and is trying to convert the 2 or 3 islander fans to their side.

whats funny is, some will probably join him.

oh and just for the record, and metsy will attest to this- we have always welcomed other fans of other teams here, even if they only pop in to say " NYR Suck " , or whatever . Its the NHL- no team really " sucks "...( ok well there is the flyers ) but anyhow ,...

good chatter and criticism on both sides is not a bad thing , is it ?
    afterall, it is the coolest game on earth . :D
    platessmall.jpg
    would u give a shit bout your team, if they fired one of the best gms in the last 15 years. im talking bout neil smith not the douche milbury

ill give a shit about the ranger's till I DIE

fuckin trottier was our coach for christ's sake( a man i despise) and i dealt w/ it

in fact after tuesday's game i had a fight w/ my girl

she wanted to talk ,, i said leave me alone,, she said i hope all the ranger's have heart attacks lol,,, i said fuck you !!!! how silly is that

when we made up she said i cant believe we fought over a hockey team-game,, i said thursday night im going out to watch it haha
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ha !

so now this guy moves in ( to broadway ) LOL and is trying to convert the 2 or 3 islander fans to their side.

oh and just for the record, and metsy will attest to this- we have always welcomed other fans of other teams here, even if they only pop in to say " NYR Suck " , or whatever . Its the NHL- no team really " sucks "...( ok well there is the flyers ) but anyhow ,...

id never convert, if the isles ever moved else where id stop watching hockey or become a rangers fans.no its cool if we keep it nice and friendly and just have a good time in here.i love talking with people who arent crazed hockey fans like the message board people are

thats a good idea

a devils/islanders thread

together the fans can fill up 1 arena
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    ill give a shit about the ranger's till I DIE

fuckin trottier was our coach for christ's sake( a man i despise) and i dealt w/ it
    yeah thats great, but when u have gone through 8 owners(1 of them being in jail right now or soon as we speak), 7 coaches, 1 gm who has had made bad trade after bad trade, and hiring a backup goalie as your gm. all this in last 12 years, would u still give a shit bout the team. hey look i love the islanders alot and ill be a fan until i die, but when u see the same song and dance year after year it kinda gets old and boring.i really thought wang was gonna be good, but hes not

yeah thats great, but when u have gone through 8 owners(1 of them being in jail right now or soon as we speak), 7 coaches, 1 gm who has had made bad trade after bad trade, and hiring a backup goalie as your gm. all this in last 12 years, would u still give a shit bout the team. hey look i love the islanders alot and ill be a fan until i die, but when u see the same song and dance year after year it kinda gets old and boring.i really thought wang was gonna be good, but hes not

ok fine but here and now ur battling for a playoff spot,,its not the same as last year,, their should be more "fans" there

but whatever im done talking about the sticks here today
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    ok fine but here and now ur battling for a playoff spot,,its not the same as last year,, their should be more "fans" there

but whatever im done talking about the sticks here today

c'mon man, be realistic....we all know the only reason why the rangers sell out every game is because of MSG's corporate ties.....Hockey just isnt big in NY....only when the rangers are winning cups...which is about once every 50 years.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    ha !

A. I'm a her.

B. Was just looking to talk hockey, which I love more than even Pearl Jam.

C. I wasn't feeling exactly welcomed the other day, even though my main point was to share a story a ranger fan in the office had told me about shanny taking the No. 1 train to the game , but I guess it's not good to make your entrance in the midst of a home-and-home.
    long red wrote:
    c'mon man, be realistic....we all know the only reason why the rangers sell out every game is because of MSG's corporate ties.....Hockey just isnt big in NY....only when the rangers are winning cups...which is about once every 50 years.

its been about 24 years their big boy ,,ur team is half way there

and all that corporate talk is only the good seats

everything above the red's is true fans

alot of people in my section have had season tickets for 30 -40 years
  • amazingly it's hockey talk today with russo solo. lots of callers and just had howie rose on.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    A. I'm a her.

B. Was just looking to talk hockey, which I love more than even Pearl Jam.

C. I wasn't feeling exactly welcomed the other day, even though my main point was to share a story a ranger fan in the office had told me about shanny taking the No. 1 train to the game , but I guess it's not good to make your entrance in the midst of a home-and-home.

sorry i got the gender wrong.

never assume, right ? ;)

we love to talk hockey.

you are welcomed anytime, our thread will be buried soon enough for the season, as its looking more and more like NYR will struggle to get into the second season . We all pretty much know that NJDs and NYIs are going to make the post season , unless some catastrohe hits them ( like Brodeur going out on injury, or maybe DiPietro for the Isles. ) These 2 goaltenders are single handedly carrying their respective teams on their shoulders .
    platessmall.jpg
  • the reason why i didnt start one is cause theres only 2 isles fans on here and im pretty sure u guys would all go in there and laugh at us for there only being 2 fans in the thread. and #2 i really dont care much for the isles or the nhl these days. the lockout lost me as a die-hard for a long time
    Slow down there skippy Da kid be a Isles fan longer than U have been alive,but as respect to Bats and NYPJ1 da kid would post crap once and awhile but rember dis is a Rag$ thread.Da kid goes to his Isles fans board.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
    amazingly it's hockey talk today with russo solo. lots of callers and just had howie rose on.

im beside myself.
    WFAN, hockey talk ? :confused::confused::confused:

maddog talking hockey, for almost 2 hours straight right now ? :eek: :eek: :eek:

this would be the equivalent of Rachunek scoring a natural hattrick . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    PS

I love when screamer calls me " Bats "

its like we are making hockey player names for each other,.... :D:D:D
    platessmall.jpg
  • pjscreamer wrote:
    Slow down there skippy Da kid be a Isles fan longer than U have been alive,but as respect to Bats and NYPJ1 da kid would post crap once and awhile but rember dis is a Rag$ thread.Da kid goes to his Isles fans board.

I know this needs a translation so here:

Slow down there metfan (skippy). I've (Da Kid) been an Islanders fan longer than you have been alive. Out of respect, da kid (me) would post crap once in a while but remember this is a Rangers thread. da Kid (me) goes to his islanders fans board.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    pjscreamer wrote:
    yes i know da kid its there thread, i post here once in a while and go at it with them, its fun. i tried the isles message board thing and it just wasnt for me, maybe yours is better