B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    From Larry Brooks:

JAGR ON BLOCK
    SATHER TO GMS: KNOCK ME OUT, HE'S YOURS
    By LARRY BROOKS and MARK EVERSON

Ranger captain Jaromir Jagr is available if some NHL GM is willing to pay a big enough price by today's 3 p.m. trade deadline.

February 27, 2007 -- The GM who has traded away Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier is said to be working on the superstar hat trick - soliciting trade-deadline offers for Ranger captain Jaromir Jagr.

While the Rangers placed Jason Krog on waivers yesterday, Glen Sather is said to have told potential trading partners that he'd consider trading Jagr if presented an offer that "knocked him out."

The NHL trading deadline is 3 p.m. today.

Meanwhile, sources continue to insist that the Islanders are listening to offers for heart-and-soul forward Jason Blake, with Nashville speculated as a potential destination. The Isles dealt a second-rounder yesterday to the Caps for Richard Zednik.

Jagr has been the subject of controversy lately for his failure to take part in shootouts, including the last two against the Devils.

A short-notice deal for Jagr would be difficult to engineer. It is believed that any trading partner would be cap-responsible for only $4.9 million of Jagr's salary of $8.4 million, but it seems unlikely anyone would be willing to take on the 35-year-old now 15 years from his last Stanley Cup.

The Rangers acquired Jagr from the Caps in 2004 for Anson Carter in a deal fraught with financial considerations. Washington acquired him from Pittsburgh in 2001 with Frantisek Kucera for Kris Beech, Michal Sivek, Ross Lupaschuk and futures.

The invitation to bid is believed to have been extended to at least one Western Conference team. One piece of speculation suggested he might be an even exchange for Florida's Todd Bertuzzi, who has yet to play this season.

Jagr leads the Rangers in scoring at 22-52-74 in 62 games, but those figures, particularly the goal total, are disappointing after last season's 54-69-123, two points behind leader Joe Thornton.

Blake is headed toward unrestricted free agency and expressed disappointment that the Isles hadn't signed him long-term.

The Penguins, Sharks and Red Wings also were believed among teams interested in Blake, leading the Isles in goals and points at 29-23-52 in 62 games.

read this earlier.

i dont know what to make of this .

if this is Sathers line of thought, its evident he has pretty much folded and given up this year on a playoff appearance for our beloved Blueshirts.

Could he be just acting in a sarcastic manner- I mean- what the fuck kind of a deal would make this " a good deal " ? ? :confused::confused::confused:

maybe they'll look to trade him back to pittsburgh . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Sathers in Edmonton for Messiers Ceremony Tonight !

thats why its been so quite on the trading ticker dammit.

all we hear is about jagr being traded ? wtf ?

after watching the nhl.com channel thing
    what would you think of this scenario
    tom renney fired, mark messier hired

new head coach of NYR .

edit

ward to boston?

no word of which of the active roster players we receive in return yet,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bats as much as da kid can't stand 94 tsn is all over Messeirs plus Heals and Sathers ass in what happened in 94
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
    pjscreamer wrote:
    Bats as much as da kid can't stand 94 tsn is all over Messeirs plus Heals and Sathers ass in what happened in 94

i saw that.
    thats where i drew my scenario ( above ) from.

they made it look very feasible.

coach messier
    platessmall.jpg
    http://bostonbruins.com/team/playerinfo.asp?playerid=429

Paul Mara

Defense
    Left
    Ridgewood, NJ
    September 7, 1979
    6'4"219 lbs.

Boston Bruins: Select Player:
    Andrew AlbertsBobby AllenP.J. AxelssonPatrice BergeronBrandon BochenskiBrad BoyesZdeno CharaStanislav ChistovShean DonovanAndrew FerencePhil KesselChuck KobasewDavid KrejciJoey MacDonaldPaul MaraMark MowersGlen MurrayJeremy ReichMarc SavardMarco SturmPetr TenkratTim ThomasJason York

Last Season

2005-06: Led Coyotes defensemen in all categories as he established career season-highs in goals and points with 15-32=47 totals...It was the seventh straight season he has improved his point total...His 15 goals were the most by a Phoenix defenseman since 1992-93 (Fredrik Olausson, 16)...Had nine multiple-point games...Had two three-game point streaks, from Dec. 17-22 (1-2=3 totals) and Jan. 26-29 (1-4=5 totals)...Played his 400th NHL game Feb. 2 vs. Dallas...Recorded his 100th NHL assist on the overtime goal Oct. 25 vs. St. Louis...Missed four games with a rib injury and the flu.

Career

2004-05: Played the lockout season with Hannover in Germany with 5-13=18 totals in 35 games...2003-04: Played in a career-high 81 games and recorded a career season-high in assists with 36, ranking sixth among NHL defensemen in that category...Led club defensemen in scoring and was fourth overall in the team’s scoring race with 6-36=42 totals...Had seven multiple-point games with two three-point efforts, including a career game-high three-assist effort Oct. 18 vs. Philadelphia...Had a career-best four-game assist/point streak from Oct. 16-25 (1-7=8 totals) and had four three-game point streaks as well...Recorded his 100th NHL point with an assist Nov. 19 vs. St. Louis...Missed one game with the flu...2002-03: Registered his first career ten-goal season...Had three multiple-point games including a two-goal effort Oct. 17 at Toronto...Had a three-game point streak from Mar. 29-Apr. 2 (2-2=4 totals)...Played his 200th NHL game Oct. 24 vs. Colorado...Missed nine games with a shoulder injury...2001-02: Had two three-game point streaks, from Oct. 16-20 (2-1=3 totals) and Nov. 13-17 (0-3=3 totals)...Missed seven games with foot and wrist injuries...Played in the Young Stars Game as part of the 2002 All-Star Game festivities and tallied three assists...Played his first NHL playoff game Apr. 17 at San Jose...2000-01: Began the season in Tampa Bay with 6-10=16 totals in 46 games until his Feb. 13 assignment to Detroit/IHL where he had 3-3=6 totals in ten games...Traded to Phoenix on Mar. 5 and was recalled from Detroit on Mar. 5, adding four assists in 16 Coyotes games following the trade...Had a career-high 2-2=4 effort Nov. 5 vs. Washington...Missed ten games with abdominal injuries...1999-2000: Split the season between Tampa Bay and Detroit/IHL...Started the season in Detroit with 3-5=8 totals in 15 games before his Nov. 8 recall to Tampa Bay...Led Lightning rookies in goals and points with 7-11=18 totals in 54 games...Had three multiple-point games, including a 1-2=3 night Jan. 11 vs. New Jersey...Missed 13 games with a broken jaw...1998-99: Played his final junior season in Plymouth/OHL before joining Tampa Bay for one game at the conclusion of his junior career...Played his first NHL game Apr. 17 at Florida, scoring his first NHL goal and assist in that game.

Junior Career

Played three seasons of junior hockey with Sudbury and Plymouth of the OHL...Led team defensemen in scoring in both 1996-97 and 1997-98...Named to the OHL All-Rookie Team in 1996-97.

International Career

Played for Team USA in three World Junior Championships - 1997 (0-0=0 totals in six games while winning a Silver medal), 1998 (1-1=2 totals in seven games) and 1999 (1-4=5 totals in six games)...Also played for Team USA in the 2004 World Championships (1-2=3 totals in nine games while winning a Bronze medal).

Career Transactions

Tampa Bay’s first pick, seventh overall, in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft...Traded to Phoenix by Tampa Bay with Mike Johnson, Ruslan Zainullin and 2001 second round draft pick (Matthew Spiller) for Nikolai Khabibulin and Stan Neckar, Mar. 5, 2001...Traded to Boston by Phoenix for Nick Boynton, June 26, 2006.

Personal

Married, wife’s name is Katie...Born in New Jersey but grew up in Belmont, Massachusetts...Enjoys boating, water sports, fishing and golf...Also played baseball and football at Belmont Hill Academy...His older brother Rob was drafted by Chicago in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.
    platessmall.jpg
  • well if he's as bad as some of those other blue liners, he'll have plenty of time for fishing and golf after april 6
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    a jersey boy

:D
    platessmall.jpg
    from blueshirt bulletin :
    February 27, 2007

Mara a Ranger

UPDATE: Norstrom to Dallas, not the Rangers. Ryan Smyth to Isles for Nilsson, O'Marra, first round pick -- might look good for them now, might look real bad a couple of years down the road even if they re-sign Smyth.

UPDATE: Pascal Dupuis to Atlanta for Alex Bourret, 20, a 5-10, 205-pound right winger, a 2005 Atlanta first rounder, 16th overall, currently playing for Chicago of the AHL (11 goals, 21 assists in 45 games). According to this recent story at HF, Bourret had some difficulty adjusting to the pro game this season but has been coming on of late.

The Rangers have made one deal so far today, sending Aaron Ward to playoff rival Boston for fellow defenseman Paul Mara. In a one for one deal of defensemen, the Rangers get slightly bigger and a lot younger -- Mara is 6'4 and 212 pounds (Ward is listed at 6'2-215), and he is currently 27 years old (Ward is 34). Mara, a native of Ridgewood, New Jersey, is also more offensive minded than Ward, having sored nearly 200 points in just under 500 NHL games. He is an alarming -104 for his career, having always played for poor teams (Tampa Bay, Phoenix, and Boston). Mara earns $3 million compared to $2.75 million for Ward -- both players are signed through next season.

Ward told TSN.ca, "I have no idea, I can't put my finger on it," about what went wrong for him in New York this season. "As the team goes, so goes the individual." Of the recent spat with Jaromir Jagr, he said, "It's been taken out of proportion," noting that these things happen on all teams. He said he was notified of the trade by Tom Renney during his pre-game meal. He said Renney told him that "I was no longer needed at Madison Square Garden tonight." Ward becomes the second major pre-season acquisition to not last the season (Adam Hall was the other).

In other moves, the Rangers lost Jason Krog on waivers to Atlanta, the team they claimed him from in the first place, and recalled Brad Isbister from Hartford.

Posted by Dubi on February 27, 2007 at 02:10 PM | Permalink | Comments (60) | TrackBack (0)
    platessmall.jpg
    hey here we go

only 19 more of those and we'll be okay

:rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    John Dellapina of the Daily News asked both players about it, getting one of Ward's ever more frequent "no comment" answers and an angry response from Jagr about airing dirty laundry in public. The story gives some insight into Jagr's leadership style -- he wants people to play a certain way, and he tells them so in no uncertain terms. His European teammates quietly do what he tells them to (tells them to, not asks them to). Ward apparently took exception. Ward was probably not scratched because of the spat -- it happened a while back. He was scratched because of the third-period turnovers that gave the Devils a two on none breakaway and the game-tying goal last Thursday.

"He was scratched because of the third-period turnovers that gave the Devils a two on none breakaway and the game-tying goal last Thursday"

but yet karel rachunek escapes unscathed :confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Notes: The Jagr-Ward "feud" was a big story before and after the game, but it was a one-side feud. As far as Jagr was concerned, the argument he and Ward had on the bench over three weeks ago in Tampa came in the heat of the moment and was forgotten -- Jagr apparently is no stranger to heated discussions with his teammates. But for Ward, it became a manufactured excuse for his benching the other night, the latest in a growing series of evasive tactics in blame-taking by the struggling defenseman, one taken repeatedly in a public forum behind Jagr's back -- Ward's method may have doomed him more than his particular madness.
    platessmall.jpg
    Playoff Odds

PLAYOFF CHANCES

Tuesday Evening

EASTERN CONFERENCE
    88.2% Tampa Bay Lightning
    75.1% Atlanta Thrashers
    74.2% New York Islanders
    47.0% Carolina Hurricanes
    45.6% Montreal Canadiens
    36.4% Toronto Maple Leafs
    20.5% New York Rangers
    13.8% Boston Bruins
    WESTERN CONFERENCE
    94.0% Minnesota Wild
    94.0% Calgary Flames
    6.8% Edmonton Oilers
    4.3% Colorado Avalanche

mathematically and statistically, not looking especially good,

but i think as long as there is a chance ( and you havent yet been eliminated mathematically )

we have to have hope.
    its only 19 games left

4 with Pitts
    4 with Isles
    2 with Boston, Philly, & Montreal
    1 with each : Carolina , Ottawa, Atlanta, & Toronto.

not too much wiggle room there, and they are all ahead of us right now.

HUGE games.

[size=+3] - _/ _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    so this trade that happened

low level guys?

no going to matter either way?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    bostonlou wrote:
    so this trade that happened

low level guys?

no going to matter either way?

i wouldnt say low level.

ward- has won a few stanley cups , alltho his play this year didnt indicate as much . All in all a good defenseman .Played in Det and Carolina .

dont know much about mara , besides much of the same things about ward, with the only exception being age ( mara is younger by like 6 or 7 years i think ) .

The $ is virtually the same , as is their contracts .
    I would say , based on the stats and all that i have read, that mara has a slightly better offensive defenseman game. Supposebly, he's got a cannon of a shot.

all in all, 1 irishman for another between 2 original 6 teams currently out of playoff position . I believe they can both impact their new teams, but we'll have to see

Still 2 games remain between these 2 teams, so it will definitely be interesting, especially all the " hullabaloo " about the Ward - Jagr Spat . ( i think this is just media hype- apparently it happened months ago in the heat of the battle ) No but seriously its always interesting to see recent former teammates face off against each other. Not to mention the jockeying we are all doing to nab that 8th spot.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i wouldnt say low level.

ward- has won a few stanley cups , alltho his play this year didnt indicate as much . All in all a good defenseman .Played in Det and Carolina .

dont know much about mara , besides much of the same things about ward, with the only exception being age ( mara is younger by like 6 or 7 years i think ) .

The $ is virtually the same , as is their contracts .
    I would say , based on the stats and all that i have read, that mara has a slightly better offensive defenseman game. Supposebly, he's got a cannon of a shot.

all in all, 1 irishman for another between 2 original 6 teams currently out of playoff position . I believe they can both impact their new teams, but we'll have to see

Still 2 games remain between these 2 teams, so it will definitely be interesting, especially all the " hullabaloo " about the Ward - Jagr Spat . ( i think this is just media hype- apparently it happened months ago in the heat of the battle ) No but seriously its always interesting to see recent former teammates face off against each other. Not to mention the jockeying we are all doing to nab that 8th spot.

let me know when these games are

would be nice to see a bruin fuck up jagr ;)
  • I don't know what's more ridiculous, seeing Darcy Tucker act dead on the ice after being on the receiving end of a check or Jagr looking like he'll never be able to take another shift due to timidness.
    bostonlou wrote:
    let me know when these games are

would be nice to see a bruin fuck up jagr ;)

both Saturdays, 1 week apart

3-17 ( St Paddys Day ) @ MSG 7pm

3-24 @ Fleet Center Boston 1pm ( matinee )
    platessmall.jpg
    former Ranger Martin Rucinsky out with hip surgery ?

thats fucked !

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2783542

Blues forward Rucinsky undergoes hip surgeryAssociated Press
    ST. LOUIS -- Blues forward Martin Rucinsky is out indefinitely following hip surgery.

The St. Louis forward, who missed eight games because of the injury, had a torn labrum in his left hip repaired. Rucinsky, injured Feb. 6 against Toronto, will be evaluated again in the next week.

Rucinsky, 35, has 12 goals and 21 assists in 52 games this season.
    platessmall.jpg
    this photo captures the moment
    http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NYMA10802280313.jpg

it also shows exactly what we are dealing with concerning Karel.

Isnt the defenseman supposed to keep this exact thing from happening ? Instead, we see him looking at the attacking players number , and hockeypants. :rolleyes: ( from behind the attacker- not in front of him )
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this photo captures the moment
    http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NYMA10802280313.jpg

it also shows exactly what we are dealing with concerning Karel.

Isnt the defenseman supposed to keep this exact thing from happening ? Instead, we see him looking at the attacking players number , and hockeypants. :rolleyes: ( from behind the attacker- not in front of him )

he is getting ready to pump his ass
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    both Saturdays, 1 week apart

3-17 ( St Paddys Day ) @ MSG 7pm

3-24 @ Fleet Center Boston 1pm ( matinee )

they should dye the ice green
    bostonlou wrote:
    they should dye the ice green

no they shouldn't ,not everyone is irish
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    no they shouldn't ,not everyone is irish

gotta respectfully disagree here

on march 17th ,

everyone is irish .

Huge game tonight- against the red- hot Penguins .
    They got a few newbies in the trade deadline will be interesting to see the new complecxion of this already hot team, and if we have the gumption to hang with them. All those goons they signed ( LaRaque , Roberts ) , i sure wouldnt want to be Colton Orr tonight , something tells me there will be alot of statements being made tonight
    I suspect Orr will have his hands full.

please tom renney , bench karel rachunek , please
    platessmall.jpg
    Rangers Report

some quick rundowns from the morning skate:

Martin Straka was on the ice but wearing the dreaded no-contact yellow jersey, and will not play tonight against the Pens. Even worse, after originally saying he thought Straka was close to a certainty against St. Louis on Saturday, Tom Renney now saying he is merely hopeful that the forward can return by then.

Paul Mara will be paired with Karel Rachunek on defense, and will also see time on the second power play. Tommy Pock is back as a scratch, while Norris Trophy favorite Marek Malik is in his usual spot alongside Michal Rozsival. (Humor, folks. If you don’t laugh, you cry).

Jarkko Immonen will be back at center between Jed Ortmeyer and Brad Isbister (in fact, all the forward lines are the exact same as Tuesday). Since the Jarkko “foot speed” issue has been a favorite topic with readers on this blog, I figured I’d ask Immonen himself whether he think his lack of speed is an issue.

“Of course I’m not the fastest skater. It’s not my style. I’m more a playmaker than a natural skater,” Immonen said. “So of course I need to improve my skating and get more speed.”

I asked Immonen if he thinks it’s something he can improve and he said he can with some sprints, especially since he said he does notice a difference at the NHL level.

My take? Immonen can get faster, but he can also get bigger, which would certainly take attention away from his supposed lack of speed. And that’s the thing: it’s one thing to be of average speed when you’re of average NHL size. But when you’re smaller than most players as well, that’s when it becomes an issue
    platessmall.jpg

on march 17th ,

everyone is irish .

NOT EVERYONE BROTHER... i never celebrated that day ever

anyhoot ill be on laughing gas in 411 tonight
    dentist appt. at 5
    NY PJ1 wrote:

on march 17th ,

everyone is irish .

NOT EVERYONE BROTHER... i never celebrated that day ever

anyhoot ill be on laughing gas in 411 tonight
    dentist appt. at 5

bah humbug :p

weather you celebrate or not, its a happy holiday , & everyone is as irish as pattys pig , even if only for the day , I went to a St Paddys Day game at MSG before, they gave out green NYR hats. ( I still have mine )

enjoy the nitros oxide, hopefully it will not cloud your game watching festivities.:D
    platessmall.jpg
    Ranger management has been trying to walk a tightrope for a decade now that they just cannot get across, attempting to ice a competitive team of accomplished veterans while developing young players to be the core of a competitive future. The results have been predictable -- aging veterans rarely live up to their past performance and young players rarely get a complete chance to realize their potential. The sole exception was last season, when the lockout and salary cap allowed management to gather together a younger group of veterans still capable of delivering, and management in turn gave a large group of rookies and other young players a chance to fulfill a variety of roles and establish themselves as NHL players.

If fans are schizophrenic in their reaction to the moves made by the Rangers at this year's trading deadline, it may be because the Rangers have once again tried to walk that tightrope, with the results difficult to determine in advance. On one hand, they were able to shed one aging veteran who was underachieving dramatically for a younger player, and they were able to acquire another bona fide prospect as well, while at the same time resisting the urge to overpay with long-term assets for a short-term run at this year's playoffs. On the other hand, those fans not interested in a longshot run at this year's playoffs were unhappy that more veterans were not shipped out for future potential, while another segment of fans were unhappy that they didn't more to forestall another losing season.

Only time will tell if both of these groups of fans will come out of this season disappointed, or if the remaining group of Rangers -- younger, with a power play possibly bolstered by Paul Mara, and re-centered due to the injury to Brendan Shanahan and trade of Aaron Ward around their top offensive performer Jaromir Jagr -- can pull a rabbit out of their hat and make a last ditch run at a post-season berth. That the team right now looks more like the one that started last season than the one that started this season gives us some reason for optimism regardless of the outcome this season. But like last season and the first half of this season (on both the positive and negative sides of the ledger), it will all come down to how two players perform -- Jagr and Henrik Lundqvist.
    platessmall.jpg
    along with roberts and laraque trades,

penguins also havve former NYR eric cairns,

as well as that ruutu guy ( who flattened jagr in the olympics and left him bloodied and down on the ice )

i hope colton orr and ryan hollweg are ready to rumble
    platessmall.jpg
  • cairns is still out with post concussion syndrome..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • I liked that play where Crosby scored in the shootout.