Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Alrite well coming back from the game I can tell you all about it even though everyone knows the outcome.

First off the place was PACKED, people yelling at each other, just great! The place was NO JOKE about 50% Ranger fans. I had a seat 2nd to last row from the roof and it was NOT a bad seat at all!!

Okay, yeah the penalties. Half of them were nothing calls. I don't know if they showed it on TV but when Jagr attacked the net and missed (Rangers had a power play) some guy on the Devils jumped on him. When Jagr tried getting up (puck is on the other side now) the Devil guy shoved his face into the ice again. Ranger fans were going nuts for the call but no call.

They looked good even when it was 3-1. They were skating and they didn't have one of those periods where they just stand there. Lundquivst played a heck of a game. Even the people on the radio coming home said the same thing, that he only saw maybe 1 or 2 goals that went passed him. The Rangers let 1 or 2 guys sit infront of Lundquivst and build a house. They dont clear the area at all. A good example was the 3rd Devil goal when it was just tipped right in. Another was the 2nd Devil goal when all the people made Lundquivst make a save to the right of him and then easily pass it to Gomez for the open net shot.

The Rangers rely too much on Jagr for everything. The beginning of the game they were putting puck on net but then they tried doing fancy crap. Nylander wont shoot the puck which pisses me off.

Ranger fans (including I) were just sitting there by the time it was 4-1 without saying anything. When Hollweg (MY MAN!!) got into that fight at the end of the game and won it, the Ranger fans went nuts. It's exactly the only good thing that came out of this game. The Rangers now are pumped for the Monday game. The fight gave them a spark and now they don't want to be embarassed again and they will win Monday my friends.

Jagr played the most physical game I have ever seen him do. He was checking people and nailed this one guy in the middle of the ice which was great. But when you have 13 different players getting penalties in a game...like Tom said, you cant beat the Devils sitting in the penalty box even if the call is fair or unfair.

While walking down the stairs with about a minute or 2 left in the game everyone chanted ASSHOLE at me and I flipped them all off and said, "your welcome for selling your arena out".

I found out an interesting fact today that I didnt know. The CAA purposly holds 19,040 people to make fun of the Rangers (before 94). Next season is the Devils and Nets last season in the CAA when the Devils move to Newark (which makes no sense) and the Nets move to Brooklyn.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,543
    Well the Rangers are due for a wi and the Devils a loss. Hopefully it's before game 4.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    TowsertunesTowsertunes Posts: 187
    jagr getting hurt girly punching a devil is the most embarrasing sports injury since grammatica blew out a knee celebrating a 1st quarter extra point
    Haha...yeh typical Jagr.Things don't go his way and he gets "injured".Sometimes he just doesn't get it.Almost like he needs attention.He will be back for game 2 and everyone will praise him because he is playing injured.
    "they don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read?"

How I choose to feel,...Is how I am.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Haha...yeh typical Jagr.Things don't go his way and he gets "injured".Sometimes he just doesn't get it.Almost like he needs attention.He will be back for game 2 and everyone will praise him because he is playing injured.
    typical Jagr? I dont think so......hes been anything BUT typical this yr, and have been praising him for a long time anyways, so if he comes back and plays more props to him. The mans already won stanley cups and proven himself. I dont think he needs any more attention.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    typical Jagr? I dont think so......hes been anything BUT typical this yr, and have been praising him for a long time anyways, so if he comes back and plays more props to him. The mans already won stanley cups and proven himself. I dont think he needs any more attention.

Yeah Eli but my question is...Why is Jagr out there 5-1 under 4 minutes of play when the other team has a power play? Tom said that they practiced him to play in a penalty kill and that was more practice. But when you see that the Devils are after him all game looking to nail him, why do you have to practice then?

He's a great player and all but I don't like him. He is fuckin huge, he is jacked!! I saw him close up once...the guy can take anyone out. Even him against Chara would be good. He just doesn't use his size. He uses his strength when he has the puck but he never hits someone or likes to take a hit or anything and it just pisses me off. That's like having Shaq there and him not using his size to rebound and dunk.

I think there is a split amung Ranger fans starting to happen although it sounds bad. You got the new Ranger fans (Jagr era) and then you got the other Ranger fans. I was at a game when Jagr initially scored the goal to break the season goals for a Ranger but then they gave the goal to someone else. At that point everyone was cheering, I couldn't do it. Graves is and was my favorite player and I just cant do it. Another point that my dad brought up last night was everyone praises Messier for the 94 cup and everything. Yeah he was great and lead them but if it wasn't for Richter being as hot as he was, there would be no cup at all.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I think there is a split amung Ranger fans starting to happen although it sounds bad. You got the new Ranger fans (Jagr era) and then you got the other Ranger fans. I was at a game when Jagr initially scored the goal to break the season goals for a Ranger but then they gave the goal to someone else. At that point everyone was cheering, I couldn't do it. Graves is and was my favorite player and I just cant do it.

I'm a lifelong Ranger fan, and I have to disagree with you there a bit. I loved Adam Graves as well, had a Graves jersey that I wore all through the 94 Cup run, but I have to admit, I love what Jagr's been doing this season. Its about time the Rangers had a deal for a big name player pay off. Especially after all the debacles, like Bure, Holik, Lindros... I'm sure the list is longer. I was at that game as well, one against the Isles, where Straka had a hat trick, and his third goal everyone thought Jagr had it. I'm just so happy that, well, up until the last two weeks, that the Rangers were playing well again and going to playoffs. I just hope the snap the hell out of whatever is wrong with them at this moment.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    totally dismantled and unravelled
    & quite frankly embarrassing. :o
    They really should be ashamed.:o
    They looked decent for the 1st part of the game and the feeling was ( at least over here ) " hey they have a chance ":)
    then in an instant its like someone shut off the main switch
    and then it was like " this is gonna be a short series " :eek:
    Give the Devils half the entire game on the power play ? :confused:
    Like someone already mentioned- snap out of it, boys !
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tee time w/ Islanders looking more and more proximal each passing gameday . :rolleyes:

[size=+5] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    totally dismantled and unravelled
    & quite frankly embarrassing. :o
    They really should be ashamed.:o
    They looked decent for the 1st part of the game and the feeling was ( at least over here ) " hey they have a chance ":)
    then in an instant its like someone shut off the main switch
    and then it was like " this is gonna be a short series " :eek:
    Give the Devils half the entire game on the power play ? :confused:
    Like someone already mentioned- snap out of it, boys !
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tee time w/ Islanders looking more and more proximal each passing gameday . :rolleyes:

[size=+5] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]

444444444444444444444444.... dam

alright let's all regroup here.. panic hasn't settled in yet

i agree its not too promising,, but their is always hope..... i think

although with jagr hurting his arm .... i think i might be getting a refund on the 2nd and 3rd rounds

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!! WAKE THE FUCK UP !!! (NEW CHANT)

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well at the garden we have a new chant near section 343 and 344....whenever theres a loud fan for the other team and the Rangers are winning we all chant

Whats the score asshole whats the score?
  • Options
    Well at the garden we have a new chant near section 343 and 344....whenever theres a loud fan for the other team and the Rangers are winning we all chant

Whats the score asshole whats the score?

classic

Ranger fans are like no other beings out there.!

gotta love it !
    i still love my blueshirts, i only hope they can at least be competitive( for an entire 60 minute span) from here on out,.....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    WARD OUT FOR REMAINDER OF ROUND 1
    4/23/2006

The New York Rangers announced that an MRI today revealed that Jason Ward suffered an isolated MCL sprain and will not return for the series.

Ward, 27, skated in 81 regular season games with the Rangers this season, registering 10 goals and 18 assists for 28 points, along with 44 penalty minutes.

He established career highs in games played (81), goals (10), assists (18), points (28) and penalty minutes (44) and led the team in shorthanded goals (two) and shorthanded points (three).
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    3 things the rangers need to do in order to ahve a chance in this sersis

1.not play flatfooted from the start
    2.not take so may penaltities
    3.f-ing hit someone
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    yeah hit someone is right

well since they got Kas back he has been hitting

i just got a pair for game 7 at CAA right off of ticketbastardo
  • Options
    FORWARD WISEMAN RECALLED FROM HARTFORD
    4/23/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward Chad Wiseman has been recalled from Hartford of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Wiseman, 25, appeared in 69 games with Hartford (AHL) during the regular season, tallying 19 goals and 36 assists for 55 points, along with 65 penalty minutes.

His 36 assists ranked fourth on the Wolf Pack, while his 55 points tied for seventh on the team. In three postseason games with Hartford, Wiseman has picked up one goal and three assists and is currently tied for the team lead in scoring with four points.

cant take much from that " game " out in the swamps of NJ for game 1,
    but as far as hitting someone....
    Ryan Hollweg did exactly that and even threw Janssens down to the ice after he ( & another Devil whos name eludes me ) gave Kaspar the "malachi- crunch" behind the net against the glass.

1-0 is not insurmountable .

[size=+5] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options

its probably not that hard to get devils playoff tickets after all it is the devils

• Options

Kaspar was hitting everything that moved in game 1 & not a single penalty.

Penalty Summary
    1st Period
    Rangers holding - 2 min 3:28, D. Moore
    Rangers elbowing - 2 min 6:39, J. Ward
    New Jersey hooking - 2 min 9:01, B. Lukowich
    New Jersey boarding - 2 min 12:16, C. White
    New Jersey slashing - 2 min 15:19, B. Gionta
    Rangers interference - 2 min 17:56, J. Ortmeyer
    Rangers tripping - 2 min 19:21, S. Ozolinsh
    2nd Period
    Rangers boarding - 2 min 1:49, M. Rozsival
    New Jersey holding - 2 min 3:30, B. Rafalski
    Rangers hooking - 2 min 6:50, B. Betts
    New Jersey hooking - 2 min 8:16, J. Madden
    Rangers roughing - 2 min 13:24, M. Malik
    New Jersey hooking - 2 min 14:17, B. Lukowich
    Rangers high sticking - 2 min 15:09, T. Poti
    New Jersey hooking - 2 min 18:09, Z. Parise
    3rd Period
    Rangers hooking - 2 min 0:32, J. Jagr
    Rangers cross check - 2 min 4:52, M. Hossa
    Rangers elbowing - 2 min 7:06, M. Malik
    New Jersey fighting - 5 min 14:11, C. Janssen
    Rangers roughing - 2 min 14:11, R. Hollweg served by P. Prucha
    Rangers instigator - 2 min 14:11, R. Hollweg served by P. Prucha
    Rangers misconduct - 10 min 14:11, R. Hollweg
    Rangers fighting - 5 min 14:11, R. Hollweg
    New Jersey roughing - 2 min 17:02, J. Wiemer
    Rangers hooking - 2 min 17:02, M. Straka
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    FORWARD WISEMAN RECALLED FROM HARTFORD
    4/23/2006

New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward Chad Wiseman has been recalled from Hartford of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Wiseman, 25, appeared in 69 games with Hartford (AHL) during the regular season, tallying 19 goals and 36 assists for 55 points, along with 65 penalty minutes.

His 36 assists ranked fourth on the Wolf Pack, while his 55 points tied for seventh on the team. In three postseason games with Hartford, Wiseman has picked up one goal and three assists and is currently tied for the team lead in scoring with four points.

cant take much from that " game " out in the swamps of NJ for game 1,
    but as far as hitting someone....
    Ryan Hollweg did exactly that and even threw Janssens down to the ice after he ( & another Devil whos name eludes me ) gave Kaspar the "malachi- crunch" behind the net against the glass.

1-0 is not insurmountable .

[size=+5] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    chad wiseman?
    why?
    see, these are the decisions that drive me crazy sometimes. This kid Jarko Immonnen gets called up and scores in his first shot on goal and shows he might even be ready to play now, ....and....where is he?
    Does Strudwick get in for game 2?

HailHail, I hear ya man, but the thing with Jags is he's big but not a "power" forward like a Thornton, or Cam Neely or like lets say LecLair was. He uses his size to shield opponnets whereas the other guys just might run thru you or plant themselves in front of the net like Knuble does ( who is a former Ranger btw- and how good would HE look with us now? )

I expect Jags to play in game 2 and Renney needs to keep his ass off the PK unit and perhaps even move Prucha up to the 1st line.

and heres another thing......
    Kevin Weekes is the one that actually almost singlehandedly defeated the Devils with the Hurricanes in the playoffs a few yrs ago. Would it be wrong if he got a start or do we keep the King in nets? (Not saying it was his fault but if the rangers spend 20 minutes in the box again, u can expect another blowout)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    chad wiseman?
    why?
    see, these are the decisions that drive me crazy sometimes. This kid Jarko Immonnen gets called up and scores in his first shot on goal and shows he might even be ready to play now, ....and....where is he?
    Does Strudwick get in for game 2?

HailHail, I hear ya man, but the thing with Jags is he's big but not a "power" forward like a Thornton, or Cam Neely or like lets say LecLair was. He uses his size to shield opponnets whereas the other guys just might run thru you or plant themselves in front of the net like Knuble does ( who is a former Ranger btw- and how good would HE look with us now? )

I expect Jags to play in game 2 and Renney needs to keep his ass off the PK unit and perhaps even move Prucha up to the 1st line.

and heres another thing......
    Kevin Weekes is the one that actually almost singlehandedly defeated the Devils with the Hurricanes in the playoffs a few yrs ago. Would it be wrong if he got a start or do we keep the King in nets? (Not saying it was his fault but if the rangers spend 20 minutes in the box again, u can expect another blowout)

yeah- i agree
    been saying a while maybe we shoulda seen the farm guys sooner,...

perhaps this decision is due to him being a Right Handed shot , for that side maybe, -- and Immonen is Left .? ( purely speculation- ) they are both big centermen. Can probably both fit in on either side- & I think Immonen still hasnt returned to Hartford as of yet .

Jagr is highly unlikely tomm- according to Mike Francessa tonight.
    One thing he pointed out is that the NYR have been down 1-0 in 6 of the last 9 playoff series and went on to win them.

1-0 is not insurmountable.

[size=+5]- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    got a little heads up for you rangers just got done wacthing miked up on nbc and mike was sayin how talked to some people at the garden and he said its very unlikely that jagr will play tommrow

• Options
    got a little heads up for you rangers just got done wacthing miked up on nbc and mike was sayin how talked to some people at the garden and he said its very unlikely that jagr will play tommrow

LOL
    scroll up 1 post,...

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    LOL
    scroll up 1 post,...

LOL.sorry didnt read it.

• Options
    GO DEVILS GO BATHGATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DEVILS GO!!!

Game 2 - Tomorrow @ 7:00 !!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Kaspar was hitting everything that moved in game 1 & not a single penalty.

Darius Kasparitis is the dirtiest hockey player in the NHL. PERIOD

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options

Game 1 @ NJ
    DARIUS KASPARAITIS PENALTIES = 0

hey i hated the guy too when he was a Penguin and an Islander- he's the guy you hate ( unless he's on your team, of course )

and hey he's a huge Pearl Jam fan- I met him @ MSG Show 2003 Night 1 .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    nah hes not that bad hes plays the game old school. dirtiest player in the nhl is darcy tucker

• Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Game 1 @ NJ
    DARIUS KASPARAITIS PENALTIES = 0

hey i hated the guy too when he was a Penguin and an Islander- he's the guy you hate ( unless he's on your team, of course )

and hey he's a huge Pearl Jam fan- I met him @ MSG Show 2003 Night 1 .

Wow, did you really?!?!?

I know exactly what your saying....just like when Claude Lemieux played for the Devils. He's the guy you love to hate, but when he's on your team, it's alright to like him :)

I know what you mean totally.....but you know exactly why I hate him!!! :):) lolol.

That's cool though that you met him at MSG!

.NJD.
  • Options
    nah hes not that bad hes plays the game old school. dirtiest player in the nhl is darcy tucker

He's in my top 3 don't worry mets :)

Darius Kasparitus
    Darcy Tucker
    Brian Marchment

.NJD.
  • Options
    He's in my top 3 don't worry mets :)

Darius Kasparitus
    Darcy Tucker
    Brian Marchment
    my top 3. tucker domi bertuzzi

• Options
    my top 3. tucker domi bertuzzi

Really eh....

Bertuzzi???

Domi's just a meathead, but Bertuzzi??

.NJD.
  • Options
    Really eh....

Bertuzzi???

Domi's just a meathead, but Bertuzzi??
    he was always a cheap shot player even before the hit he put on moore of the avs. i could rember him taking stupid cheap shots at players all the time when he used to play for the isles