Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    maybe we see Weekes tonight ?

thats a fair point- he won a few games against the Devils this year and he also- as someone already pointed out- beat the Devils in playoffs when he was with Carolina a few years back,..

its pretty evident we will not be seeing Jagr anytime soon,...
    im no doctor & have no contact on the medical staff, but it didnt look good after that play in the final minutes of game 1 . It also looked like maybe his scapula and or shoulder popped out on the posterior side, ( the jersey went up abnormally ) Either way, Jagr wasnt at practice yesterday and trying to get a definitive word is like breaking thru the CIA to get to Fort Knox . They are being very hush about it .
    " Day To Day " ...
    yeah, right .

Regardless if he comes back ( or not ) - heres a tidbit of advice:

STAY OUT of the Penalty Box , numbnuts !

[size=+5] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    http://www.msgnetwork.com/rangers.jsp

JJ not feeling dynamite

Still reeling from their 6-1 loss to the Devils in Game 1, the Rangers may now be without leading-scorer Jaromir Jagr when they look to even things up in New Jersey Monday night (MSG, 7:00 p.m.). Jagr suffered an apparent upper-body injury when he missed a check on Scott Gomez before leaving the ice for the locker room
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    is jarrko immonem still up with the club?? maybe thats why wiseman got called up??,, because immonem is still here??

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    is jarrko immonem still up with the club?? maybe thats why wiseman got called up??,, because immonem is still here??
    LET'S GO RANGER'S!

Yes
    Jarkko is still up with the big club, alltho may have been ( healthy ) scratched the first game. He is listed on the roster, along with Wiseman, and I believe they both may play in Jaromirs absence. ( and the combo of losing Ward for the season and still no Rucinsky )
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Yes
    Jarkko is still up with the big club, alltho may have been ( healthy ) scratched the first game. He is listed on the roster, along with Wiseman, and I believe they both may play in Jaromirs absence. ( and the combo of losing Ward for the season and still no Rucinsky )

YEA an offensive guy and a defensive guy ,,makes sense

needless to say... we must make a stand

i think a crosscheck to the face of gomez would do good ala messier on gilmour in game 2 of 1997

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Options
    [size=+10] STAY OUT OF THE BOX ! [/size]

hey where are all the Blueshirt Fans ?:confused:
    Have you guys given up on our team ? :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Jagr's status for tonight could remain in doubt until game time, since he suffered an upper-body injury in the closing moments on Saturday afternoon. Another Rangers regular, Jason Ward, was also hurt in Game 1 and is now out for the series. He was replaced on the roster by Chad Wiseman, who was called up from Hartford on Sunday.

Without Ward in the lineup, avoiding penalties will be even more important. Ward is one of the team's best penalty-killers and had two shorthanded goals during the season.

The other key for the Blueshirts tonight will be in goal, where Henrik Lundqvist is expected to start again after facing 30 shots on Saturday. Lundqvist was sharp during the parts of the game played at even strength, and most of the power-play goals scored against him were the result of screens.

Earlier this season at the Olympics, Lundqvist showed his ability to rebound from a big loss when he came back from a 5-0 defeat against Russia to win his next five starts, including the gold medal game.

Renney also discussed the possibility of using Kevin Weekes for Game 2, since Weekes has playoff experience from his years in Carolina, including wins over the Devils in Games 5 and 6 of the 2002 Eastern Conference quarterfinals.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Still here man. Waiting anxiously for tonight. Hoping the boys learned their lesson and stay the hell out of the box.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    ok boyz...... the blood is boiling again

keep it simple.. get the FUCKING PUCK DEEP!!! \\

WORK THEIR DEFENSE, forcheck HEAVY !!!

PLAY FUCKING SMART.........PLEASE

LET'S GO RANGER'S!
  • Options
    I'm thinkin' we see Weeks tonight between the pipes.....

And I think Jagr will be back as soon as possible, he knows how important he is to the Rangers, and you can tell he loves playing there, unlike Washington and his final years in Pitt.

Probably game 3 or 4 if he can...even if it's hurting him, I bet he'll play.

Without Jagr in the lineup though, who else is there offensively??

Nylander and Straka are great, but they feed off Jgr so much as does the rest of the team. That's such a huge loss, the team was on his shoulders.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    fuck the devils, i hate them all with such a passion that nobody could understand. but i've never been more confident in my life about an NYR win than i am tonight

LETS GO RANGERS
  • Options
    Weekes gets the start tonight . That can't be good for Henriks confidence - the goals werent even his fault as he was screened the entire game- Back in the Olympics, he got the chance to redeem himself after a tough loss ( to Germany ), played the next string of games then went on to win the gold .
    I hope we can pull one out tonight,..

Kaspar keep hitting everything that moves , and please- for the Love Of God, No Penalties !

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I'm thinkin' we see Weeks tonight between the pipes.....
    Without Jagr in the lineup though, who else is there offensively??

Weekes is indeed starting tonight-0 heard it on the FAN. ( Mike and The Maddog are out in the swamps of Jersey today broadcasting live- for those who may be driving home tonight )

As fas as without Jagr- I will be glad to see him not play ( since we all know he is injured- let him rest and recuperate until when and if we go to the 3rd round ) --- only because the guys that normally stop and look and watch him go will now be forced into actually playing and participating in the game .

Who has to step up to the plate ? 1 name comes to mind- a guy that knows both systems- the former Devil himself... Petr Sykora .

A few other players that need to step up- Prucha, the entire H-M-O line , Hossa, and the infusion of these younger guys- if they indeed play tonight- Wiseman and Immonen .

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Sounds like its going to be one hell of an interesting game! Can't wait.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    fuck the devils, i hate them all with such a passion that nobody could understand. but i've never been more confident in my life about an NYR win than i am tonight

LETS GO RANGERS

Why?

What's to hate that much?? Honestly?

I mean, if it were the Leafs or the Senators I would understand, but how can you "hate" the Devils with a passion?

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Why?

What's to hate that much?? Honestly?

I mean, if it were the Leafs or the Senators I would understand, but how can you "hate" the Devils with a passion?

New Yorker mentality I think. We hate everybody that plays against our teams. Hate every player on that team, and especially their fans. That is, until they join one of our teams. For example, see Johnny Damon, or Darius.
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I scheduled my little league practices around the series, and got an 8 pack chilling for tonight

they need to clear them statues in front of our crease
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    I scheduled my little league practices around the series, and got an 8 pack chilling for tonight

they need to clear them statues in front of our crease

Same here, I scheduled work around the whole series, along with baseball :)

.NJD.
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    New Yorker mentality I think. We hate everybody that plays against our teams. Hate every player on that team, and especially their fans. That is, until they join one of our teams. For example, see Johnny Damon, or Darius.

Ah I see, well there's no Devils fans in my whole city that I've ever met :o

I don't hate the Rangers, but the Leafs and Sens....that's a different story.

GO DEVILS GO!!!

.NJD.
  • Options
    No Kaspar,
    No Henrik,
    No Jaromir ,....
    at least Colin White isnt in, either.
    :eek:
    what the hell
    Straka, Nylander and Sykora- the new #1 line .
    Hossa gotta step up too,..
    :confused:
    :confused:

well, 1-0 is NOT insurmountable

[size=+5]- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    fuck! I gotta be here at work where we dont carry any sportschannels other than espn and espn news and watch the scores on the bottom line until I get out at 11 to go watch the repeat! :mad:
    Hopefully we can win and I'll WANT to watch it.

This Immonen and Wiseman rookie callup reminds me of 91 when the Rangers were sucking against John Druce and the Capitals and they called up two rookies by the name of Tony Amonte and Doug Weight. Lets hope they have some kind of impact or even become stars like they did.

another point....Id dress Jason Strudwick tonite also. Just for his Physical presence and willingness to drop the gloves if he has to.

lets fuckin GOOOOOOOOOO RANGERS!!!!!

and it cant be said enuff .... all u need is........
    to STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!
    :D:D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    "the disease" (kasparitis....doesnt his name sound like a disease) is out?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    "the disease" (kasparitis....doesnt his name sound like a disease) is out?

yeah
    i was bummed when i heard he was out again also.

he hit everything in his way the other night and then some- and didnt take 1 penalty.

by the way- as a sidenote- in medical terminology-

itis (as an ending) = meaning " inflamation of ",...

ie: arthritis= inflamation of joints- and no- not the kind you smoke !:D :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    oh yeah- Strudwick and Orr will slide right in the spots vacated by all the abscences.

[size=+5] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    The Rangers are playing extremly well even though its 2-0 Devils.

Just the mistake Ozolich made cost them and then the Rangers just let the Devils build a house near the crease, they don't clear the people out.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Just the mistake Ozolich made cost them and then the Rangers just let the Devils build a house near the crease, they don't clear the people out.

Ozolinsh sure has lost whatever it is he may have had when he was on the Avs, or whatever team he was on that was lucky enough to unload him...

he is, and has been ,..a total liability here in NY.
    6 G 14 A, 20 pts, -2 nothing special
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Ozolinsh sure has lost whatever it is he may have had when he was on the Avs, or whatever team he was on that was lucky enough to unload him...

and he scored for the Devils
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

need i type more,....???????????:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    HOw the fuck you get scored on when you're on a 5-3 PP?

Sorry, but they are done tonight....frickin Assholeinsh

Weekes should have kicked his ass right then and there
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Does Ozolinsh stand for " Useless piece of shit " in Latvian ?
    platessmall.jpg