Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Fuckin Islanders...what the fuck...would they win for a change?

well its not the Islanders fault...the Strangers have had a week and a half to get a point and they haven't done it
    can someone please tell me how the devils went from down 3-1 to leading 4-3 with under 2 ins left in the game???
    fuckkkkk!!! Islanders lost too! :mad:

lets hope n pray this all works out for the best and we can win at least win one at NJ! :rolleyes:
    I was amped up to skip work friday to be at MSG but fuck it....I'll see ya all on tuesday or wed.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    devils win 4-3. i love it when im right
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    double post

appologies
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    so now we get the devils, correct?

oh well , at least we get 3 or 4 more games this year.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    yes the rangers play the devils in the first round of the 06 nhl playoffs. well ill be hitting the links till september

• Options
    yea cause devils have 46 wins, flyers 45 and take 5th and rangers stuck on 44 take the lousy 6 spot being that buffalo got the 4th spot locked.

friday nite at the meadowlands boys.....here we go!
    fuck it.....could be worse....we're in and Im going to my 1st playoff game ever so lets do this!
    :D
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea cause devils have 46 wins, flyers 45 and take 5th and rangers stuck on 44 take the lousy 6 spot being that buffalo got the 4th spot locked.

fuck it.....could be worse....we're in and Im going to my 1st playoff game ever so lets do this!

IM GOING TO GAME 1 AT CONTINENTAL AIRLINES TOO!!!!!!!!

I got Game 1 in NJ
    Game 3 & 4 in MSG

Round 2 home games...Round 3 home games..AND STANLEY CUP HOME GAMES BIATCH!

LETS GO RANGERS

Brodour has never beaten the Rangers EVER in the playoffs.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

hey stickboy have fun at the playoffs games. playoff games are always fun to go to

• Options
    Brodeur has never beaten the Rangers EVER in the playoffs.

we can do this !
    look for action between Jansens and Hollweg- theyre gonna go at it !

[size=+5] Lets Go Rangers ! [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    thanks metsfan! ;)

hailhail, u lucky bastehd you! Have a great time man!

Bathgate.....Brodeur even quoted today saying he REALLY wants to beat us in the playoffs bad...so we'll see what happens. I agree about Hollweg as long as they dont start giving him penalties for legit hits.

7 game series?
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    we can do this !
    look for action between Jansens and Hollweg- theyre gonna go at it !

[size=+5] Lets Go Rangers ! [/size]
    $20 says it is on their first shift
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Hollweg fuckin owns...i was hoping he would nail Chara tonite but he probably knew better, lol
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Great. Nothing like losing 5 in a row, and then having to play a team thats won 11 in a row in the playoffs.

New season starts Saturday though.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    .....Brodeur even quoted today saying he REALLY wants to beat us in the playoffs bad...

Yes- saw the same footage from inside the lockerroom the previous night ( after the 10th straight NJ win )
    I even heard specualtion that if NJ saw NYR winning decisively over Ottawa tonight,..( if only coulda woulda shoulda .....:rolleyes: ) , they might lose on purpose for the sake of facing the Rangers ( instead of Buff )
    because 1 ) they thought NYR were easier then BUFF & 2 ) because Brodeur has never won against NYR in postseason-

oh well, we'll never know that ,.....

Brodeur is awesome, and this is probably the only thing left for him to accomplish after winning what, 3 cups... and Olympic medals also ....?
    But this shows, it's in his head .!

Oddly enough, i have faith & think we can win it .
    No more Danyeko and no more Stevens, either .
    Only 7 miles from home, its just another displaced "home" game.

We can do this !

[size=+5] Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78 wrote:
    Great. Nothing like losing 5 in a row, and then having to play a team thats won 11 in a row in the playoffs.

New season starts Saturday though.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

some might look at it good, some bad .

I think now they've won so many, its now more then likely they can loose 3 or even 4 in a row .

Faith Will Be Rewarded
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    heres my predication for the playoff sersis. RANGERS IN 6

• Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    some might look at it good, some bad .

I think now they've won so many, its now more then likely they can loose 3 or even 4 in a row .

Faith Will Be Rewarded
    amen to that! How many can they keep on winning? And yea, its GOTTA be in Martys head, so look for the Rangers to rattle him a lil like Hollweg did to Dipietro and they just gotta keep traffic in front of him and bomb the shit outta him with shots!

I dunno if I can take a 7 game series so Im gonna agree with metsfan and say Rangers in 6...... I honestly believe we can walk with a split at NJ.
  • Options
    ALL PEARL JAM FANS SHOULD HOPE FOR NYR VICTORY OVER NJD

we all want them Devils banished~~ so as to not interfere with our 2 scheduled nights at Continental Airlines Arena (out in the swamps of jersey) with PEARL JAM and the 2 night stand on 6-1 & 6-3 .

[size=+5] Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    not this pj fan. i will never root for the rangers in the playoffs

• Options
    not this pj fan. i will never root for the rangers in the playoffs
    keep on hopin' for crappy jones beach shows then my friend :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I'm a ranger fan, who for whatever reason hasn't gotten into hockey this year. The lockout, plus the rangers being so bads for so long, i just got used to there being no hockey. I know, if there was ever a year to get back into it.... So for the attentive fans...how do the rangers match up against the devils? is this a winnable series?
  • Options
    its a winnable series but the devils are the hottest team in the nhl right now so its not a very good draw
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    i know the rangers have had a rash of injuries. are most of those guys healthy for the playoffs? if so, i understand giving them a few extra days to be close to 100%, even if it means losing the division, which really just means 1 extra trip over the GWB.

and don't worry, i'm not the fairweather type who will race out to modell's and get a jagr jersey tomorrow, and tell everyone I'm a true diehard. I used to be really into it. I do have a home jersey in my closet, if the moths havent gotten to it yet. I got it in 92, so I'm not sure it would even fit. can't wear it anyway, with my left arm in a sling. ok, i'm done rambling
  • Options
    i know the rangers have had a rash of injuries. are most of those guys healthy for the playoffs? if so, i understand giving them a few extra days to be close to 100%, even if it means losing the division, which really just means 1 extra trip over the GWB.

and don't worry, i'm not the fairweather type who will race out to modell's and get a jagr jersey tomorrow, and tell everyone I'm a true diehard. I used to be really into it. I do have a home jersey in my closet, if the moths havent gotten to it yet. I got it in 92, so I'm not sure it would even fit. can't wear it anyway, with my left arm in a sling. ok, i'm done rambling

Home jersey from 92- so is it white ?

only ask cuz they reverted back to the old days, wearing blue at home now ( blue was road for a while there )

the devils have momentum on their side right now, but that also in my mind increases the likeliness of losing a few games now . how long can they go without losing ? i mean really,......conversely, the NYR have lost 5 games straight now- ( could have clinched the div and the 3rd seed 3 games ago ) so we are due for some W 's

Round 1 this year is now a 7 game series-( used to be 5 ) so i think ( hopefully ) we can get 2 at NJ- which as you pointed out is just another displaced " home" game .

the last few games with NJD & the NYR :

Devils 3-2 4-9-06
    Devils 2-1 3-4-06
    NYR 3-1 1-22-06

no blowouts there, all winable games.

i think we can pull it off,...

[size=+5] Lets Go Rangers! \_ -[/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I totally have faith, considering the playoff history between the two teams. I'm just pissed that they didn't wrap up the Atlantic division when they had the chance. I think playing Jersey is better than the Flyers honestly.

Like I said, new season starts Saturday. Lets hope the Rangers take them down. I also was thinking about the PJ shows in June!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I like to think the Rangers were just saving their best for the playoffs.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    keep on hopin' for crappy jones beach shows then my friend :rolleyes:
    come on do ya really think a die-hard isles fan is gonna root for the rangers in the playoffs

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    3rd to 6th in one game. Wasn't too good a week for the ole Rangers. I still have them in one of my player pools. But I think they will play six more games this season and be out. Rookie, meet the best there ever was!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    has anyone seen the schedule for Round 1 ?

4/22 at N.J. 3:00P :eek:
    4/24 at N.J. 7:00P
    4/26 vs. N.J. 7:00P
    4/29 vs. N.J. 3:00P :eek:
    4/30 at N.J.* 6:00P
    * if necc

:mad:
    I'm sorry- but playoff hockey has absolutely NO business being played on a Saturday afternoon- right smack in the middle of the day .
    I enjoy watching at night,knocking back a few beers, and just chilling at home ,..
    This afternoon bullshit sucks BIGTIME ! ! ! !
    This also means it will be on NBC again-
    make sure to keep them postgame interviews with Nylander up there, boys ! ;)

PS- i was a little suprised Ozolinsch wasnt in the game against NJD. Anyone else find that just a little bit peculiar ? Yes- Kaspar came back- but wasnt there another spot to add him in?
    I had just been wondering about that ,......

anyhow- just pulled up 2 decent endzone seats for the 2nd NJ game- sec 115 row 23,.. thru ticketbastard-

& where the hell is NYPJ1 been? has he given up on his team and on us ?

[size=+5]Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    has anyone seen the schedule for Round 1 ?

4/22 at N.J. 3:00P :eek:
    4/24 at N.J. 7:00P
    4/26 vs. N.J. 7:00P
    4/29 vs. N.J. 3:00P :eek:
    4/30 at N.J.* 6:00P
    * if necc

:mad:
    I'm sorry- but playoff hockey has absolutely NO business being played on a Saturday afternoon- right smack in the middle of the day .
    I enjoy watching at night,knocking back a few beers, and just chilling at home ,..
    This afternoon bullshit sucks BIGTIME ! ! ! !
    This also means it will be on NBC again-
    make sure to keep them postgame interviews with Nylander up there, boys ! ;)

Now you can see what us Canadians have been bitching about since you guys found out hockey makes money. SCREW ANY AFTERNOON HOCKEY GAMES!

edit: I am glad to see 43 pages of another hockey loving town who love their team. Good on all of you who chimed in here. I enjoy the reading from another cities views and takes.
    You've changed your place in this world!