Options

B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    even flow? wrote:
    Now you can see what us Canadians have been bitching about since you guys found out hockey makes money. SCREW ANY AFTERNOON HOCKEY GAMES!

since us guys ?

:confused:
    i know there are NHL offices in Manhattan,..but:
    aren't the main NHL offices still based in Toronto City ?

either way- this afternoon gametime is really horrible, so even across our borders we agree on that ! Pffffffffffffffffffffft
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Home jersey from 92- so is it white ?

only ask cuz they reverted back to the old days, wearing blue at home now ( blue was road for a while there )

yes, it's white
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    since us guys ?

:confused:
    i know there are NHL offices in Manhattan,..but:
    aren't the main NHL offices still based in Toronto City ?

either way- this afternoon gametime is really horrible, so even across our borders we agree on that ! Pffffffffffffffffffffft

You guys. ABC, NBC, etc. Their need for afternoon games. It was only noticeable up here when they get their contracts. And as Bathgate stated. Night games, friends, beer and screaming. That is hockey. :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Wow, the playoff intensity has even hit this thread. It hasn't been this active in weeks!
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Anytime you want to rant and rave about hockey. Try the Moving Trian's thread. Fun times!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!

YO BOYZ I HAVE been on vacation with no comp

i CANT BELIEVE WE LOST THE DIVISION those isles-pens games killed us

this doesn't appear to favor us.. with the skanky devs playing awesome

and us faltering,,butttttttttttttttt

WE LOVE THE UNDERDOG ROLE!!!! WE DEALT WITH IT 3/4 OF THE SEASON

WE NEED TO START CRACKING THEM AROUND...you know they're coming for us

hopefully we can wake THE FUCK UP and play the hockey we are capable of

ranger's in 6

we shall talk soon

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THE DEVILS !!!!!!
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    ^^^ cracking them is right! We need Kaspar and Hollweg to abuse the shit out of them right off the bat just to set the tone of the series. Maybe dress Colton Orr to line up against Janssens? I dunno.... But its gonna be a physical series so we gotta step up.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!
    YO BOYZ I HAVE been on vacation with no comp
    i CANT BELIEVE WE LOST THE DIVISION :eek: those isles-pens games killed us

welcome home !
    your absence jinxed us ! :mad:
    jk-
    but from your quote- we killed ourselves.

especially from 4 games ago when we coulda wrapped it up,..but oh well- old news already :mad:

anyone going to the other Ranger homegames in the swamps of the Meadowlands?

stickboy wrote:
    cracking them is right! We need Kaspar and Hollweg to abuse the shit out of them right off the bat just to set the tone of the series. Maybe dress Colton Orr to line up against Janssens? I dunno.... But its gonna be a physical series so we gotta step up.

I dunno about Orr,
    but its already been announced by Jansens himself, about getting after Hollweg. He said he didnt know how , but it was gonna be all clean and that its definitely gonna happen. Fun Fun . Ortmeyer throws himself around pretty good also- that line ( HMO - along with Moore) can be the difference this round. They need to play that game, and the other top 3 lines need to follow it thru . I hope Ryan is ready-

here it is : http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2895/a9fe.jpg

last time they got in it, we won, 3-1 .
    moore, prucha & straaka scored .
    we didnt take many penalties and when we did we killed them off.

[size=+5] Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    There's no arguing that the Devils are the hottest team in hockey right now, but a review of the past 15 NHL seasons clearly shows that a strong performance in the last 10 games of the regular season does not tend to sustain itself in the playoffs. In fact, success at the end of the regular season often sets the stage for a big playoff letdown.

Since 1990, only one eventual Stanley Cup champion won more than six of its final 10 regular-season games. That team was the 1993-94 New York Rangers, who went 7-2-1 down the stretch. Putting those legendary Blueshirts aside, the best record any Cup champion has had over its final 10 games is the 5-0-4-1 performance of the 2003 Devils. Six of the other 13 league champs were at .500 or below over their final 10 regular-season games before going on their runs to the Cup.

Winning the last game of the regular season can also be a bad sign. Since 1990, only four of 15 Cup winners won their regular-season finales, and five entered the playoffs with losing streaks of two or more games.

Can't wait to see Hollweg & Janssens go at it also.
    Hopefully Ryan can hold his own.
    The H-M-O line needs to hit hit hit .

[size=+5]Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    2 words
    Petr Sykora

If anyone is amped up to stick it to his former team, it should be him. If I were to pick a Ranger to have a good series its gotta be Sykie with like maybe 10 assists from Jags. :)

Bathgate Im in 401 for Game 3 at the Garden ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    i heard on tonights sportsdesk on MSG:eek:

the entire team is being stricken by the flu- bug.:eek:

Jagr is on the list of effected players.:eek:

Not what we need going into this series.:rolleyes:

i hope they have already started IV drips of anti- flu- bug medicine- "STAT" ! :mad:

[size=+5]- _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    NYRHomeAwayUnderpants3.jpg

[size=+5] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    MSG NETWORK GOES WALL-TO-WALL WITH RANGERS
    4/21/2006

• Complete MSG Network Playoff Programming Schedule
    http://newyorkrangers.com/team/playoffs06/tvsched.asp

Fans who just can't get enough of the Rangers on television during the regular season are in for a real treat during the 2006 Stanley Cup playoffs.

This week, MSG Network announced expanded Rangers playoff programming coverage that is sure to keep Blueshirts fans fixed on their TV screens throughout postseason -- both on game days and travel days. Indeed, as long as the Rangers are in the playoffs, hockey will be flooding the network like never before.

Playoff programming began on Thursday night with the airing of MSG Network's Hockey Night New York Live! Playoff preview show, which premiered last night. The show will be rebroadcast today at 3:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

The MSG hockey blitz begins in earnest on Saturday, immediately following Game 1 of the Rangers-Devils series. Although the game airs live locally on NBC, New York area fans can switch over to MSG Network after the game for a special edition of Hockey Night New York Live! at 5:30 p.m. ET. The show will recap all the action and include interviews with players, coaches and other hockey experts.

On days between games, MSG Network plans to air classic Rangers broadcasts from past playoff years. On Sunday night at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., Game 4 of the 1986 Patrick Division finals between the Rangers and Washington Capitals will be shown in its entirety. The overtime classic was one of the greatest games in Rangers playoff history. Game 5 of that series is also planned for boradcast on Thursday.

Game nights during the week will be loaded with coverage, beginning with Game 2 at New Jersey. Although the game begins at 7 p.m., the network's hockey coverage starts five hours earlier with a rebroadcast of the 1986 Patrick Division Finals, which will be followed by NHL Sportskool – a hockey coaching show for kids and adults alike.

Two hours before the start of a weekday game on MSG Network, fans will be treated to a special edition of the 90-minute Rangers 101 show. The Rangers 101coverage will look back at another classic Rangers playoff game with insider perspective from those who were there, offering a wealth of information sure to expand your hockey knowledge.

From Rangers 101, the network goes into Rangers GameNight – a half-hour pregame show leading up to Game 2, which will air live at 7 p.m. on MSG with Sam Rosen and John Davidson announcing.

After each playoff game ends, MSG Network will run a special half-hour hockey-based edition of MSG SportsDesk, followed by a one-hour Hockey Night New York Live! xhow that begins at 10 p.m. At 11 p.m., the popular Rangers in 60 will recap the entire game, allowing those who missed it – or want to view it again – in the space of just an hour.

Finally, on game nights, the evening will conclude with another edition of MSG SportsDesk at midnight, followed by additional airings of Hockey Night New York Live! and Rangers in 60.

That's 10 consecutive hours of wall-to-wall hockey on MSG, which will be the case each time the Rangers play on MSG Network. Home playoff games will have the additional bonus of the Rangers Tailgate program airing at 6 p.m. That leads into Rangers GameNight and the game itself.

All told, between 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and 7 p.m. next Saturday, MSG Network plans to air roughly 60 total hours of hockey coverage – and that's just for Games 1-4 of the series. Fans looking to satisfy a hunger for postseason hockey need look no further than MSG Network.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    The experience is there , too .

In fact, the current Rangers have a great deal of playoff experience from their years with other NHL teams. More than half (14) have participated in the postseason during their NHL careers, and they have done so with considerable success:

* 11 have been on teams that won a playoff round
    * 8 have been to the conference finals
    * 7 have been to the Stanley Cup Finals
    * 3 have won the Stanley Cup

Leading the way in the experience category is Jaromir Jagr, who will be appearing in his 13th playoff year, his 27th career playoff series and his 147th game to start Round 1. He has also played a team-high 146 playoff games, and his teams have gone 79-67 in those games.

While the two Stanley Cup championships he won in Pittsburgh are certainly Jagr's greatest postseason accomplishment, his overall track record is also impressive. His teams have reached the second round of the playoffs in eight of 12 years and the conference finals in four of 12 years. He has also been on the winning team in six of eight Game 7 appearances.

[size=+5]-_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ -[/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I am friggin amped
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    i'm totally soaking up all this Ranger madness.
    Serves as a great distraction for being shutout earlier today & The Letterman Show .
    I wasn't aware I was so full of " illegal actions " :rolleyes:
    Oh well,...

hopefully i'll be too busy to go on May 4th watching

The New York Rangers

[size=+5] -_/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    dp goes to bates. man that was great shot batesy. shawn bates says thanks dp. you should try open up the club face a little more tough shot ya got in the sand.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I'm definitely psyched up for tomorrow's game. New season begins then!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    the only downside-- as I previously mentioned--- is this 3pm start time.

Its Horrible !
    be watching sportsdesk tonight for a little mini- preview .
    edit: * Rucchin plays, Rucinsky doesnt *
    MSG- 1030 pm- Hockey Night in NY round 1 series preview tonight.

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    NYRHomeAwayUnderpants3.jpg

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    to you fans all i gotta say is this. now you know what it felt like to be an islanders fans for all those years in the late 90s. you rangers fans truly deserve this, enjoy it while you can. you guys are the most loyal fans out there.and yes there is light at the end of the tunnel. thats the most sappy im gonna get with you guys.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    to you fans all i gotta say is this. now you know what it felt like to be an islanders fans for all those years in the late 90s. you rangers fans truly deserve this, enjoy it while you can. you guys are the most loyal fans out there.and yes there is light at the end of the tunnel. thats the most sappy im gonna get with you guys.

Wow, I'm almost touched by that!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
  • Options
    I CANT FUCKING SLEEP LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KILL THESE LITTLE SKANKY FUCKS FROM THE SWAMP

TAKE NO PRISONERS HIT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES

LET'S FUCKING GO RANGER'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. is this a legal action??? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol that was whack
  • Options
    LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going today baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else?

I'm going to home game 2 (game 4) next saturday as well!!!! anyone else?

I'm going to make this offer and I'm sure I am going to be getting people all over my ass. I have season tickets that I share with 3 other people (4 total)...If I come out with both seats (we only have 2 seats) I WILL have an extra. I would gladly take someone from here if the cards are delt right for me :)

I was at a Yankee game last night and this guy in the nosebleeds started the Potvin Sucks whistle when it was dead quiet....our WHOLE section chanted POTVIN SUCKS and we all gave each other high fives
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options

thanks man

its a bout time

and thanks about being loyal. I think its 100% true....before the lockout when they were HORRIBLE the place would still be packed for the games against good teams or rivals. Now if you went there this year, every single game was packed to the roof. I love it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options

Goddamn that is the nicest thing any Islander's fan has said ever. Thanks for that. It's just a shame the Isles aren't in it. Rangers/Devils is cool but not nearly as intense as Rangers/Islanders.
    "Bombs dropping down. Please forgive our hometown"
  • Options
    we had a good run...
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
  • Options
    jagr getting hurt girly punching a devil is the most embarrasing sports injury since grammatica blew out a knee celebrating a 1st quarter extra point
  • Options
    .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

speechless

LET'S WAKE UP RANGER'S