B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    true that about drury--

evenso maybe we should wait and see them out on the ice before we write them off already.

we'll see what happens- its a long schedule .

Lets Go Rangers

Of course we should, that's why those articles are written in the dead of July. It's a slow news day in terms of hockey.

hahaha

of course.
    hey we all cant be like the Isles and hire a 3rd Goalie . !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,237
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    true that about drury--

evenso maybe we should wait and see them out on the ice before we write them off already.

we'll see what happens- its a long schedule .

Lets Go Rangers

Of course we should, that's why those articles are written in the dead of July. It's a slow news day in terms of hockey.

hahaha

of course.
    hey we all cant be like the Isles and hire a 3rd Goalie . !

third goalie, i see that move as the islanders indirectly saying you'll see dipietro in two years..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    sean-avery.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    from fridays blueshirt bulletin blog :

Today is the day for Nik Zherdev as he and his agent prepare to take on Rangers management in a battle of arbitration over about $1 million.

The Rangers reportedly have offered up to $3.25 million while the Zherdev camp is seeking around $4.5 million.

It appears at face value that the two sides will part, but there is more to think about than merely a stubborn kid who is overvaluing himself.

The Rangers gave up a strong player in defenseman Fedor Tyutin to acquire Zherdev, yes they also gave up Christian Backman and acquired Dan Fritsche, but the main component of the trade was Zherdev for Tyutin.

To simply lose Zherdev for nothing would make no sense as it shows that the Rangers got nothing for a top-four defenseman in Tyutin.

There is nothing limiting a sign-and-trade, of course, but what NHL team is going to take that chance at around $4 million? Not many unless you are taking a bad salary back in return.

Yet, what most are not talking about is how the Rangers roster will be affected by losing Zherdev. Are the Rangers really best served without him as opposed to with him?

While recent memory is always the easiest to evaluate, the team was relying on Zherdev as their primary offensive player for the first 50+ games of the season.

He was energetic, exciting, and a terrific talent. Fans must admit, for the better half of the season, they wanted Zherdev on the ice.

But it came crashing down as quickly as it seemed to build up.

He fell apart under new coach John Tortorella, was subject to benchings and line demotions, and did little in the playoffs.

Yet he still amassed 23 goals and 35 assists for 58 points along with a solid +6.

Statistically he is a strong player, particularly at 24 years old.

Not discounting his attitude and prima donna-esque persona, but he is still a solid winger with terrific upside. Also consider that the offense will now focus on Marian Gaborik and Zherdev would be playing in a much higher-paced system under Tortorella, a role he could flourish in.

So while it seems inevitable that Zherdev will walk, it may not be the wisest move for an organization thin on the wings to let a potent scorer (albeit with a terrible attitude) to just strut down Fifth Avenue and onto a rival club.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    sean-avery.jpg

I'm literally ROTFLMFAO

RAG$ $UCK, GO ISLES
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    fleury wants back in the NHL:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4395261

rangers sign him to a one year / league minimum deal ;)

he does fit nicely in the tortorella mold.
    fleury wants back in the NHL:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4395261

rangers sign him to a one year / league minimum deal ;)

he does fit nicely in the tortorella mold.

interesting read and all,
    i loved this guys tenacity every night,
    back in the day
    but i dont know i dont think sather would do it.
    platessmall.jpg
    UPDATE: Though no announcement has been officially made, it appears that the Rangers have signed physical defenseman Francis Bouillon, formerly of the Montreal Canadiens, to a one-year $1 million deal. Not a bad signing if it is true. Reports are coming out of various Montreal media outlets. Awaiting official confirmation...
    platessmall.jpg
    Eddie better get the numbers right next time,
    wouldnt want to be taken out back and disciplined by Mess in the tunnels at MSG,...

Messier Back with The N Y R

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08162009/sp ... 184732.htm

By Larry Brooks
    New York Post

The Captain is back.

As an apprentice.

Mark Messier is rejoining the Rangers' organization as special assistant to club president Glen Sather, The Post has learned. It will mark Messier's first job in hockey -- and first full-time job, period -- since he ended his playing career following the 2003-04 season.

"I couldn't be more thrilled with the opportunity to move back to New York with my family, to learn from Glen and to work for the Rangers," Messier said yesterday by phone from the Bahamas. "I'm going to come in and get my feet wet and get an overview of how the business runs and how the team runs and take it from there."

This move should not be interpreted as Sather hiring his successor. Messier is not the heir apparent. Rather, he is assuming the same type of apprentice position that contemporaries such as Steve Yzerman (Detroit), Cam Neely (Boston) and Al MacInnis (St. Louis) have assumed with their respective franchises.

"While I believe I have a lot to offer, I know I have a lot to learn about the management and business side of the sport," Messier said. "From the hockey side, I'm going to try and get a feel for the players we have under contract, the depth of our organization, the operation in [AHL] Hartford.

"I'll be going to Traverse City [Mich.] for the prospects tournament and then I'll be at camp, ready to do whatever Glen and the organization need from me, whether it's watching the Rangers or scouting other camps. I'm wide open and willing to do anything and everything."

The Post has learned that coach Tom Renney approached Messier last season about the possibility of working with the coaching staff this season. It also has been learned that Messier interviewed this summer for the vacant coaching position in Edmonton that ultimately went to Pat Quinn (with Renney as his associate).

Messier is not expected to be on the ice at camp with head coach John Tortorella and assistant Mike Sullivan. Assistant general manager Jim Schoenfeld, who served as Tortorella's assistant last year, is likely to be on the ice working with the team's young defensemen, not only during training camp, but also intermittently during the season.

"I think I bring a little different perspective to the organization after and playing in the NHL for 25 years and playing in New York for 10 years," said Messier, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2008. "I understand what a player needs to succeed in this environment that's riddled with pressure to win.

"I think I have a pretty good eye for talent, but really, there are so many things about the management and business side of the game that I've never been exposed to. So I'm going to soak it all in and learn as much as I can about what it takes on that end to build a champion."

Messier, who will move to New York with his wife, Kim, and their two young children, is familiar with the Rangers' personnel. Well, as familiar as possible after another summer makeover.

"It's such a moving target trying to analyze in the offseason with so many changes from year to year," he said. "I do like our young defensemen in Marc Staal and Dan Girardi, and with Henrik [Lundqvist] in goal, I don't think there's a better place to start."

While The Captain, back home again, starts a new careerBarrycade
    platessmall.jpg
    PROSPAL A RANGER

By LARRY BROOKS
    NEW IN BLUE: Vinnie Prospal, jostling with Henrik Lundqvist, has signed a one-year contract with the Rangers.

As contract negotiations with Brandon Dubinsky have hit a speed bump, the Rangers have signed 34-year-old free agent forward Vinnie Prospal to a one-year, $1.1 million deal, The Post has learned.

Prospal, who became unrestricted when the Lightning bought him out of the final three seasons of the four-year, $14 million contract he had signed with Tampa Bay last summer, is most effective on the wing but also can play center.

The plan at the moment is to give Dubinsky the opportunity to claim the center position on the first line that will feature Marian Gaborik on the right and either Sean Avery or Christopher Higgins on the left. But if Dubinsky cannot handle the assignment, Prospal, who is strong on the puck, probably would get the call.

Prospal, who played for head coach John Tortorella before and after the Lightning's 2004 Cup-winning season in which he was in Anaheim, recorded 45 points (19-26) last year. The 12-year NHL veteran scored 33 goals two years ago for the Lightning and Flyers and recording 80 points and 55 assists with Tampa Bay in 2005-06.

Dubinsky, a Group II free agent, and the Rangers have been in contract talks for a number of weeks, but it now seems as if the parties are not going to reach an agreement on a multi-year contract. Unless Dubinsky can attract an offer sheet on which the Blueshirts would have the right of first refusal, it appears as if he will play the season on his one-year qualifying offer of $698,500.

Do you know someone who has made New York a better place? Nominate your hero for the 8th Annual New York Post Liberty Medals.
    platessmall.jpg
    Mess back with Rangers

Messier_M_0813_ins2.jpg

Mark Messier named Special Assistant to the President Aug 16, 2009, 12:26 PM EDT New York, August 16, 2009 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that Mark Messier has been named Special Assistant to the President.

"Mark is one of the greatest players in the history of the National Hockey League. I have witnessed him grow throughout his career and am looking forward to him joining the organization and learning a whole new part of the hockey business.," stated Sather.

"I am looking forward to joining the Rangers organization and having the opportunity to learn a new part of the business, working closely with Glen," stated Messier. "I have felt a strong connection to the Rangers, Madison Square Garden and the city of New York from the moment I arrived in 1991. I am honored to begin this new chapter of my career here."

The 16-time NHL All-Star joined the Rangers on October 4, 1991 in one of the most significant transactions in the history of the organization. Messier was acquired from Edmonton in exchange for Bernie Nicholls, Steven Rice and Louie DeBrusk. He was named captain in his first home game as a Ranger on October 7, 1991 following his Rangers debut in Montreal, on October 5. In his first season with the club, Messier guided the team to the President's Trophy, leading the team in scoring with 107 points and capturing his second Hart Trophy. He set a Rangers record for most assists by a center, with 72, while becoming the fifth player in franchise history to reach the 100-point plateau.

In 1993-94, Messier led the Rangers to the team's second President's Trophy in three seasons and carried the Rangers to its first Stanley Cup Championship in 54 years. He set a Rangers playoff record with 12 post-season goals, including the Stanley Cup winning tally on June 14, 1994, as the Rangers defeated Vancouver, 3-2, to win Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. Messier, who ranks seventh all-time with four career playoff hat tricks, recorded his most memorable three or more goal game on May 25, 1994, at New Jersey in Game Six of the Eastern Conference Finals, netting three goals, including the game-tying and game-winning tallies. He ranks second on the Rangers all-time playoff scoring list with 80 points, placing second in goals (29) and assists (51).

Messier played his final game with the Rangers on March 31, 2004, against the Buffalo Sabres, scoring the 694th goal of his career. He officially announced his retirement on September 12, 2005. Messier's number 11 was retired by the Rangers and raised to the Madison Square Garden rafter's on Thursday, January 12, 2006.

The Edmonton, Alberta native was a four-time NHL First Team All-Star and two-time winner of the Lester B. Pearson Award as the league MVP as voted by the players. Messier ranks fifth on the Rangers all-time scoring list with 691 points. Named the club's MVP in 1992, 1995 and 1996, he places seventh all-time in goals with 250 and sixth in assists with 441. Messier holds Rangers club records for Most Game Winning Goals, Playoff Year (four, '94), Most Points, Playoff Series (11, '94 Conference Finals), Most Shorthanded Goals, Single Game (two, Apr. 21, 1992 vs. New Jersey) and Most Goals, One Period (three, May 25, 1994 at New Jersey).

Messier ranks second on the NHL's all-time scoring list with 1,887 points. In addition, he places seventh in goals with 694, third in assists with 1,193 and second in games played with 1,756. He is a two-time recipient of the Hart Trophy, as the league?s Most Valuable Player ('90, '92), has appeared in the second most playoff contests in National Hockey League history (236) and also ranks second in goals (109), assists (186) and points (295). The winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy in 1984 as the Most Valuable Player in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Messier is a six-time Stanley Cup Champion, captaining the 1990 Edmonton Oilers and the 1994 New York Rangers. Messier is the first player to have served as captain for two different teams winning the Stanley Cup.
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    was on vacation for the past 2 weeks. man, that messier news was good stuff to come back to.

one step closer to kicking darth to the curb forever.
    was on vacation for the past 2 weeks. man, that messier news was good stuff to come back to.

welcome home.
    so youve also heard / read about Prospal..
    another oldtimer coming to Broadway, ( under his former coach )
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

welcome home.
    so youve also heard / read about Prospal..
    another oldtimer coming to Broadway, ( under his former coach )

yeah, saw the prospal signing too. his -20 last year definitely sticks out though. also read on a hockey forum that him and torts butted heads alot in the past and did not get along.... that this is a very curious signing.

we'll have to see where he fits. he is a versatile player.
  • Flipping through the Hockey News preview magazine last night at one of the Penn Station newsstands and they have the Rangers finishing 13th in the East.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    .and still no contract for dubinsky?

whats the hold up ?

has it all gone to his head, so fast ?
    platessmall.jpg
    Flipping through the Hockey News preview magazine last night at one of the Penn Station newsstands and they have the Rangers finishing 13th in the East.

13th? thats a joke. are you sure it didn't say islanders?
  • Flipping through the Hockey News preview magazine last night at one of the Penn Station newsstands and they have the Rangers finishing 13th in the East.

Not a joke, cited the severe drop in talent past Lundqvist and Gaborik.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i just don't see them finishing 13th (figure that's about about a 70-75 point season) . lundqvist steals games on his own, there is no way a goalie of his caliber will have his team finish in the basement of the conference.

i wouldn't be too suprised if they finished 8-10 though.
  • i just don't see them finishing 13th (figure that's about about a 70-75 point season) . lundqvist steals games on his own, there is no way a goalie of his caliber will have his team finish in the basement of the conference.

True Lundqvist keeps them in contention most nights, but past the projected first line of Drury, Higgins and Gaborik, there doesn't seem much there. From the projected depth chart on Yahoo:

Avery-Dubinsky-Prospal
    Callahan-Ansimov-Kotalik
    Lisin-Arnason-Brashear

and plus other than Staal and Girardi, hard to say the defense is solid based on past performances by Redden and Rozsival.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i just don't see them finishing 13th (figure that's about about a 70-75 point season) . lundqvist steals games on his own, there is no way a goalie of his caliber will have his team finish in the basement of the conference.

True Lundqvist keeps them in contention most nights, but past the projected first line of Drury, Higgins and Gaborik, there doesn't seem much there. From the projected depth chart on Yahoo:

Avery-Dubinsky-Prospal
    Callahan-Ansimov-Kotalik
    Lisin-Arnason-Brashear

and plus other than Staal and Girardi, hard to say the defense is solid based on past performances by Redden and Rozsival.

higgins shows some possibilities on defense, no ?
    plus, i read of numerous signings of European players , lesser known in america .

Hey its a marathon- not a sprint-
    i think its way too early to count a team out,....
    or to give any team the Conference already at this point in summertime,....
    platessmall.jpg
    agree it's a marathon not a sprint, but it is amazing how valuable EACH game is ever since the NHL adopted the point for making it to OT. there are so many 3 point games now. look at last year's eastern conference standings... #4 - #10 were only separated by 8 points, 4 games. there was a point last season when it looked like the penguins were not going to make the playoffs. you really need a winning team/formula from day 1 of the season.

i would like the NHL to have a similar point structure that soccer has. 3 points for a win, and 1 point for a tie.
    wow-that soccer scoring just might do the trick !
    3 points for a win?
    wow !

http://www.outsidethegarden.com/article ... asp?id=800

Sather Having A Summer To Remember(Updated)

At the start of summer, GM Sather had a gathering of the important management types in the Rangers organization, and it seems that the voice that was heard the loudest was coach Tortorella's. The players added and those either traded away/for and not resigned now fit into the offensive attack type team that Torts has envisioned. When he won the cup in Tampa he had a no name defense, big-fast wings, and great goaltending. Sounds like what the Rangers have buit this offseason.

Gone are Gomez,Antropov,Sjostrom,Orr,Mara,Morris,Korpikoski(who threatened to go to KHL and was sent away for that),and probably Betts and Zherdev(depending on the arbitrator--BUT Zherdev has stated he wants to stay in the NHL). Sather has brought in Gaborik,Kotalik,Brashear,Higgins,Boyle,Lisin,Arnason, along with end of last year Gilroy. Ranger trades of the summer have sent away Gomez to Montreal for Higgins and the Habs#1 prospect McDonaugh(another dman).That trade allowed the Rangers to sign Gaborik so it was really a 3-1 move(other minor players were included).The Rangers also sent defenseman Fahey(who had no chance of making the club this year) to Colorado for the Av's #3 prospect Williams(another dman).
    With the Rangers adding two more defensemen prospects to the organization that already boasts Del Zotto,Sanguienetti,Potter,Heikkinan,Sauer,Gilroy,and others; it clearly seems that at least 1 of the top 4 will be on the move before the season starts or some of the bluechip prospects will be sent to bring a top level center into the organization. Look for Heikkinan,Gilroy,and/or Potter(friendly $500,000 cap hit) to have the inside track for the last 2 spots.

The Rangers offensive attack will have a totally new look this season. Gaborik was very well paid to bring the Garden Faithful to their feet as he is a threat to score whenever he touches the puck. Kotalik was brought in to try and re-ignite his old Sabre linemate and captain Drury. Boyle was brought in to stand his 6'7" body to block the goalies view. Brashear will be booed until he destroys an opposing player taking liberties on Lundquist or any teammate.

Although Sather seems to have had a great summer, he still needs to sign Dubinsky(expected to match Callahans 2.3 cap hit) and a experienced #1 center. Dubinsky was capable of playing that role with the offensive star in Jagr and Sather feels as if Dubinsky can do the same with Gaborik. The Zherdev arbitration will also show whether he stays.

With players in the organization pushing to take spots on the NHL level, this years club could add as many as 4-5 Wolfpack players on a bigger, faster, offensive version of Rangers teams past. Fitting under the max cap, the Rangers team could look something like this(if they walk from the zherdev ruling whatever it is): Kotalik-Drury-Gaborik-Higgins-Dubinsky-Callahan-Avery-Anisimov-Grachev-Byers-Boyle-Brashear-Arnason-Redden-Staal-Rozsival-Girardi-Gilroy-Potter-Heikkinan--Lundqvist-Valliquette.
    Depending on the often rumored Rozsival trade, Lisin and Sanguienneti could make the team and still have close to 2+ cap space left after giving Dubi the same contract as Callahan.

So far so good Glen, this week will show if it was a total success.
    *******************************Updated*****************************************
    Sather has signed Prospal(who played on Tort's Stanley Cup team for a VERY reasonable 1.1 1 year deal. That along with Dubinsky aleegedly playing for his qualifier(by Larry Brooks of the Post) at less than $700,000 puts the Rangers in a good cap situation to add someone at the trade deadline.
    The Post has also reported with quotes of Mark Messier being back in N.Y. with his family as an assistant to GM Glen Sather. With Messier finally agreeing to become a full-time ront office person, it should only take 1 year as an apprentice to become the fulltime G.M. with Sather taking on the added work now that MSG has been
    platessmall.jpg
    OK
    todays papaer had a little blip about NYR acquiring Sam Kessel from Boston.
    Aparently they cant accomodate him without breaking their whole team apart to keep under cap.
    platessmall.jpg
    now the devils are in on it also ,....

Kessel Deadline

RANGERS, DEVILS FACE KESSEL DEADLINE
    August 28, 2009
    Posted: 2:59 am
    August 28, 2009

Time is running short for the Rangers to renew their interest -- and for the Devils to jump into the bidding -- with trade talks said to be heating up elsewhere for Boston's Phil Kessel.

The Bruins have no cap space left to accommodate the $5 million salary their restricted free agent commands, and would have to dismantle their team to fit him by Oct. 1, when all teams must be under the $56.8 million cap.

The Rangers are believed to have talked seriously with the Bruins about trading for Kessel, but not lately. At least two other teams are believed to have stepped up their bidding of late. Kessel is rehabbing from rotator cuff surgery, but may be ready to skate when camps open next month.

A righty center/right wing, Kessel led the Bruins with 36 goals last season, despite missing 12 games, and stood plus-23. He went 6-5-11 and plus-7 in 11 playoff games for Boston. He won't turn 22 until Oct. 2.

Once Oct. 1 passes, the Bruins would be unable to match any Group 2 offer sheets, and would thus receive draft-pick compensation for Kessel. For salaries between $4.520 million and $6.026 million, compensation is a first-, second- and third-round pick. Fifth overall in 2006, Kessel is the Bruins' highest pick since they grabbed Joe Thornton first overall in 1997.

Kessel would fill a major need for either the Rangers or the thus-far uninvolved Devils, both in serious need of a No. 1 center -- one with blazing speed, a major scoring touch and defensive skills, as well.

Because of the threat of severe weather, the Rangers have postponed until Sept. 5 their Fan Fest, originally slated for this weekend for season ticket AmEx renewers at their practice rink in Tarrytown. . . . Devils LW Patrik Elias has won the Golden Stick as the Czech Republic's top hockey player, ending the four-year reign of Jaromir Jagr. Elias, who finished second to Zach Parise in goals (31), assists (47) and points (78) for the Devils last season, became the franchise's all-time leading scorer with 706 points.
    platessmall.jpg
    UPDATE ON DUBINSKY: Thanks to wolfgaze for the link. Steve Zipay of Newsday had a chance to speak with Brandon Dubinsky and clarify some of the contract confusion. Assistant GM Jim Schoenfeld was on XM Home Ice last week and said that Dubinsky was under contract, though apparently that is not the case. However, Dubinsky is skating with the team and says he wants to be a Rangers and thinks something will get done. More as it's available...

While enjoying one of summer's final Sundays, a few thoughts come to mind about what the next couple of weeks will hold for the New York Rangers.

There are some obvious gaping holes (first line center?) that need to be addressed and it remains to be seen whether those roles will be filled by rookies, a free agent acquisition, or a trade.

Let's examine a few of these things:

Dany Heatley: So much of a media-circus has been made with the Heatley rumors. If Ottawa is looking for Marc Staal or Brandon Dubinsky, as reported, then there isn't much interest on the Rangers end. While it appears that San Jose is the most likely destination, I wouldn't count out the Rangers at the 11th hour. However, that doesn't address their need for a center to play with all of these wingers.

Speaking of Dubinsky: As I understand it, Dubinsky is under contract for the upcoming season as he accepted the Rangers meager qualifying offer. So no worries about him going elsewhere. However, it is still likely that he signs a larger contract at some point soon.

Is Kessel possible: A report or two broke mid-week that the Rangers were seriously considering an offer sheet or trade with the Boston Bruins for center Phil Kessel. While it would definitely fill the first line center role, I can't see the Rangers and Bruins swapping talent.

Nearing the cap: While the Rangers are nearing the cap as they get closer to filling their roster, is anyone else still angered by the Donald Brashear $1.6 million contract? How can you justify that much money when Vinny Prospal gets $1.1 million. Very poor signing.

Speaking of roster, is anyone else having trouble with line combinations? How's this for a start:

Vaclav Prospal - Brandon Dubinsky - Marian Gaborik

Chris Higgins - Chris Drury - Ales Kotalik

Sean Avery - Artem Anisimov - Ryan Callahan

Donald Brashear - Brian Boyle - Aaron Voros

Could Enver Lisin find a spot on the final roster? How about Tyler Arnason or Evgeny Grachev? Lots of questions, but what it is for certain is that the Rangers have some assets and a lot of similar talent so perhaps that can be packaged for a player like Heatley, Brad Richards, or Kessel.

More this week including some exciting announcements here with Blueshirt Bulletin...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Flipping through the Hockey News preview magazine last night at one of the Penn Station newsstands and they have the Rangers finishing 13th in the East.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

god i can't stop laughing bout this
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

god i can't stop laughing bout this

I'm sure the Islanders are right there below the top eight as well..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195

Not a joke, cited the severe drop in talent past Lundqvist and Gaborik.
    13th seems about right for the Rags this year (after 9th what difference does it make?). Sather really needs to get out of Dodge I think. I will say this though: when he is playing, Gaborik is by far the most entertaining player in the league to watch. You guys are lucky that you get to watch him (even though he only plays 50 or so games per year at best). He's always a step or two ahead of everybody else on the ice -- it's super fun to watch him play.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...