B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:

those arent jersey numbers its their ages ( in the parenthesis )
    ohhhhhh i get ya, :oops:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Gomez had a nice goal last night, hope that happens in regular season :P

you guys gobbled up quite a few NY Rangers

i think Mara also ?
    Yeah, I don't know if he was in the line up or not last night. I suspect Gomez and Gionta will be re-united tonight.
    Five preseason games in five nights for us, won't get any on tv until next week though.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    after a week out of training camp and bonding with his new teammates,
    Dubinskys agent re- offered
    ( they seemed to have lowered their price /offer ) to NY Ranger Management.

Dubi lowers asking price

Entering the seventh day of the negotiating stalemate that has kept unsigned free agent Brandon Dubinsky out of training camp, the Rangers' projected first-line center has reduced his asking price, The Post has learned.

"Of the three proposals on the table, we've altered the two- and one-year proposals that we believe are reasonable given the marketplace and the Rangers' payroll," Kurt Overhardt, Dubinsky's agent, told The Post by phone late yesterday afternoon. "I think it's unfortunate that Rangers' management is treating this as a sum-zero game with this player.

LET'S MAKE A DEAL: Brandon Dubinsky entered the seventh day of his holdout with the Rangers by reducing his asking price in an effort to reach an agreement and join his teammates in training camp.
    Sponsored Links

"It doesn't make sense."

While Overhardt would not provide specific information regarding the proposals, it is believed that Dubinsky is now seeking a one-year deal for approximately $1.1 million or a two-year deal for approximately $2.15 million.

General manager Glen Sather, who declined the opportunity to weigh in on his conversation yesterday with Overhardt, is believed holding fast to a one-year offer of $700,000 or a two-year offer of approximately $1.85 million.

"My client came to New York early, before camp, to train with his teammates and had been looking forward to training camp and to the season with his teammates and the new coaching staff," Overhardt said. "Even though we have worked hard and in good faith to reach an accord, the club made the decision not to allow Brandon to attend training camp without a contract."

Dubinsky's absence has shined a spotlight on the Rangers' glaring lack of depth and talent at center. Dubinsky lacks leverage as a Group II, but the Blueshirts are lacking an important piece of their puzzle for as long as the parties remain estranged. A quartet of Vinny Prospal, Chris Drury, Artem Anisimov and Brian Boyle down the middle won't even come close to cutting it.

It is unlikely that Dubinsky can attract an offer sheet of high enough value to discourage the Rangers from matching, which is likely the reason he hasn't received one. If this deadlock persists, a trade becomes increasingly likely.

"This is a quality young player with character and a lot of great attributes that many teams covet," said Overhardt. "We'll keep working in good faith and hope for the same from the Rangers."

After Marian Gaborik (sore groin) scrimmaged yesterday for the first time, coach John Tortorella said that though the club's most important forward will not play tonight in Detroit, he might play tomorrow in Boston.

"Gabby is sore, but a lot of it with him is getting through this mentally and feeling comfortable," Tortorella said. "We've had conversations about this as we try to get to know each other as coach and player.

"He's a great guy, and with his history, we have to show him respect. It will be imperative for him to play exhibitions, but this isn't crunch time. We don't want to short-circuit the process of him being ready for the season."

The Blueshirts have 10 defensemen on the roster -- Matt Gilroy, Michael Del Zotto, Corey Potter, Bobby Sanguinetti, Alexei Semenov, Ilkka Heikkinen, Marc Staal, Dan Girardi, Wade Redden and Michal Rozsival -- following yesterday's mass cut-down. Michael Sauer was sent to Hartford.

"We're continuing to evaluate that position; it's wide open," said Tortorella. "I like what I've seen from the kids but as far as the vets, I'm not crazy about the way a few guys have played."

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:larry.brooks@nypost.com">larry.brooks@nypost.com</a><!-- e -->

brandon--300x300.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    They were playing "The Fixer" on the Season Preview a lot.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    They were playing "The Fixer" on the Season Preview a lot.

you beat me to it.
    All overr the season preview show.
    Especially the " yeah yeah yeahs "
    totally pumped that PJ gave the NYR permission to use this backspacer clip.
    hopefully theyll play it up loud at the games, too.
    platessmall.jpg
    Anisimov and Lisin are showing flashes of brilliance.
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Anisimov and Lisin are showing flashes of brilliance.

that they are. very impressive.

friday can't come soon enough. crosby has been nursing a sore groin, i think the latest update is he is questionable for opening night. that could work in the ranger's favor very nicely.
    ouch, espn has the rangers 22nd:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking
    Defenseman Michael Del Zotto will be the youngest Rangers defenseman to take the ice since Brian Leetch. The 19-year old was the Rangers first round draft pick in 2008. He can still be returned to his OHL London Knights.

Head Coach John Tortorella told Steve Zipay of Newsday this morning, "Right now, he has made the club. Based on his play, he has made the club." Del Zotto will likely play in the third pairing. Could the defensive pairs be split to place the rookies with a veteran? I would like to see:

Marc Staal - Dan Girardi

Wade Redden - Matt Gilroy

Michal Rozsival - Michael Del Zotto
    platessmall.jpg
    wait a minute.
    while we were all away at new jerseys giants stadium,
    watching bruce springsteen and e street band perform,
    the NYR were on Lettermans top 10 Last night,
    and they carried Madona out onstage.
    I hope they sterlize themselves !

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aj ... f/610x.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Before anything, when Dave marched all 10 of them out, the camera scopes and scans all of the jerseys up close
    At this point Dave was gushing about Original 6 and quote " Thats all you want Ladies and Gentlemen , One of the most beautiful sports uniforms in all of sports, & The Original 6.....
    BEAUTIFUL ! ".......

anyhow the top 10 done by the NYRs

The Top 10 Things Never Before Spoken By A Hockey Player

10- Brashear " Instead of fighting, lets work this out over brunch "
    09- Girardi "Between You and Me, I dont know what the hell icing is "
    08- Gaborik " What this team needs is a skating bunny "
    07- Dubinsky " I really wish these fans would watch their language "
    06- Drury " Hiigh Scorer gets to choose which Barbara Streisand CD we listen to on the bus "
    05- Staal " Forget all the Goals and Awards, Gordie Howe had a nice butt "
    04-Higgins " " For Good luck , I lick the puck "
    03- Callahan " My real dream is to work at an insuarance company "
    02 - Henrik " Who can concentrate on hockey when Jennifer Aniston still hasnt found love " ?
    01- Avery - " I wish Letterman on at 10 PM ! "

As they ended it Dave went over and shook everyone of their hands. He was busting Brashears balls the entire time. Little knudges and whatnot ( even later when they carried in Madonna on Hoockey sticks ) Dave putting up the fists play boxing Brashear a few times- very funny. Shows Dave at least knew about Brashears role. dave also addressed Sean Avery and Lundqvist ( Henrik ) by their names , on different occasions .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y859_hB2VLo
    platessmall.jpg
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Before anything, when Dave marched all 10 of them out, the camera scopes and scans all of the jerseys up close
    At this point Dave was gushing about Original 6 and quote " Thats all you want Ladies and Gentlemen , One of the most beautiful sports uniforms in all of sports, & The Original 6.....
    BEAUTIFUL ! ".......

06- Drury " Hiigh Scorer gets to choose which Barbara Streisand CD we listen to on the bus "
    02 - Henrik " Who can concentrate on hockey when Jennifer Aniston still hasnt found love " ?

As they ended it Dave went over and shook everyone of their hands. He was busting Brashears balls the entire time. Little knudges and whatnot ( even later when they carried in Madonna on Hoockey sticks ) Dave putting up the fists play boxing Brashear a few times- very funny. Shows Dave at least knew about Brashears role. dave also addressed Sean Avery and Lundqvist ( Henrik ) by their names , on different occasions .

That might be one of the only times that 2 people from Thunder Bay, ON were on that stage at the same time.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
    Songburst wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    BEAUTIFUL ! ".......

That might be one of the only times that 2 people from Thunder Bay, ON were on that stage at the same time.

Staal & ?

Opener tonight against Sid and the Pens.
    We get to watch them raise their banner.
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Songburst wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    BEAUTIFUL ! ".......

Staal & ?

Opener tonight against Sid and the Pens.
    We get to watch them raise their banner.

Paul Shaffer
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Was hoping for a win. But considering there are new players. It was a nice effort.
    I miss igotid88
  • it was about what I expected since they never win in Pittsburgh. Wade Redden screwed us when he fanned on Gaborik's pass with the extra attacker. The announcers said it was a bad hop but there's no way he should ever fan on that pass.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    edited October 2009
    The Home opener didnt disappoint.
    24 hours after looking sluggish at The Igloo,
    The Blueshirts seemed to bounce right back and went off for the home crowd last night.
    Dubinsky looked good again, as did Gaborik, who we are all just waiting to come alive.

The oddest story has to be that of the big Russian defensemen Semenov
    ( who also made the spot for Del Zotto to come up )
    having to pull out of the contractual agreement he had with Slats because his wife didnt agree to all the terms? I hear he was literally crying when he went to Sather to tell him
    , what a bizarre series of events.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The Home opener didnt disappoint.
    24 hours after looking sluggish at The Igloo,
    The Blueshirts seemed to bounce right back and went off for the home crowd last night.
    Dubinsky looked good again, as did Gaborik, who we are all just waiting to come alive.

The oddest story has to be that of the big Russian defensemen Semen ( who also made the spot for Del Zotto to come up )
    having to pull out of the contractual agreement he had with Slats because his wife didnt agree to all the terms? I hear he was literally crying when he went to sather to tell him, what a bizarre series of events.

Leclaire didn't look very sharp for Ottawa last night.
    By the way , its Semenov

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=500531

i would like to know what happen,
    X Man pprobably knows more detail of this,
    it was briefly mentioned on MSG Network in the last few days. ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    By the way , its Semenov

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=500531

i would like to know what happen,
    X Man pprobably knows more detail of this,
    it was briefly mentioned on MSG Network in the last few days. ?

I only know what I read. I'm not in that loop anymore thanks to some doings in the media industry that went down last March.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Battle of the Hudson- part 1 in this early season.
    Newark Devils against the Blueshirts.
    platessmall.jpg
    how about torts lighting a fire under his player's asses last night in jersey? exciting game. love watching del zotto.
    Wade Redden and Michael Rozsival are a definite concern,
    especially out there with all those kids-
    theyre looking like dinosaurs.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Lets hope that they can stop ovechkin tonight and get some revenge on those caps. But some bad news is callahan might not play he got hurt during the skate this morning, Grachev is already back on the roster.

http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/blue-notes-1.811976
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575
    Lets hope that they can stop ovechkin tonight and get some revenge on those caps. But some bad news is callahan might not play he got hurt during the skate this morning, Grachev is already back on the roster.

this is a blessing in disguise, grachev will be our ovie
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • Lets hope that they can stop ovechkin tonight and get some revenge on those caps. But some bad news is callahan might not play he got hurt during the skate this morning, Grachev is already back on the roster.

I wouldnt go that far, Grachev probably could use some more developing he was only 1-2-3 and a minus 1 in 6 preseason games. I never have been a big Callahan person (when has he ever been able to finish only 34 goals in 147 career games) but this year i think he has a good chance to turn it up big time. Grachev could be fun to watch though
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    A major gaft right there, why was he playing so far back in his net on such a long shot. I'll take it just the same 2-2.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575
    Lets hope that they can stop ovechkin tonight and get some revenge on those caps. But some bad news is callahan might not play he got hurt during the skate this morning, Grachev is already back on the roster.

I wouldnt go that far, Grachev probably could use some more developing he was only 1-2-3 and a minus 1 in 6 preseason games. I never have been a big Callahan person (when has he ever been able to finish only 34 goals in 147 career games) but this year i think he has a good chance to turn it up big time. Grachev could be fun to watch though

im a huge grachev supporter, i think he is going to be a top player in the league. size, speed, hands. hes gonna be scary.

i love cally teams need more gritty guys like him. hes only going to get better
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
    Nice win.
    I miss igotid88
  • I was at the game tonight and I must say the Rangers played really well. Henrik was so mad at himself after that soft goal, he was hitting himself in the head on the ice, and Coach Torts was about to give it to him until he realized how mad Henrik was at himself.

But the D is still a little shaky. Their penalty kill unit was still spot on, and Callahan has taken Betts roll pretty well. Props to Drury for blocking a shot 5-3 and getting hurt and still sticking in for another 90 seconds to clear the puck.

I'm liking the leadership of Dubi and Callahan a lot, they're playing hard.

Props to the Rangers team for not getting shook, the Verizon Center was LOUD when the game got tied, and when it was 3-2, it didn't seem as if the Blue would come back, but they stood in there and the 19 year old made a sweet pass to Gaborik. (that was a huge run on sentence)

I'll tell you what though...this year they can put the puck in the net with their speed, and it's nice.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore