B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Rygar wrote:
    What movie is that?
    You don't mean the one that's been out for two years already, do you?
    If so, then Avery is in it (I think as a Bruin), as is Mike Ricci and a few others, and the movie was excellent.
    If not, fill me in.

anyone catch the preview of the movie coming out about Rocket Richards life ?
    And the notable current NYR starring in the movie ?
    I loved the fact that its a era/period piece, and our original 6 team is represented ..
    I noted the true to the eye oldtime " sweaters " , back when they really wore sweaters .
    I see he is wearing # 9 , I wonder which historic Ranger he is supposed to be portraying.

The sequence that MSG showed looked very good, with good cinematography with the across the ice surface shots- nice job .
    i figured it was a new movie,,but maybe not
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow
    , as i admitted my focus was on andy.
    ( I had a busy , bad day at work today , )
    Now that ive been told, i see Sting sporting the Ranger jersey .
    whats funny is , its in Connecticut, who wouldve thought a Ranger would be fan up there in 82 .

thanks for the tip- my eyes aint what they used to be.

i thought they said an upcoming released movie but perhaps i misunderstood- and Avery was definitely a Ranger, wearing # 9 .

im like what are u talking about,,sting has a blueshirt jersey on lol
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    On IMDB they say avery played Bob Dill .

Very fitting as Avery has always been known as a dillweed! ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Very fitting as Avery has always been known as a dillweed! ;)

oh hawky where do u come up w/ these lines !!!! lol not lol
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i figured it was a new movie,,but maybe not
    Most definitely not.
    I have that movie. It's great (long though!). I gave it to a few people last Christmas.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    oh hawky where do u come up w/ these lines !!!! lol not lol

No no, he's right!
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Leafs in MSG tomorrow, i bet Tucker gets a warm pleasant cheer.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kenshunt wrote:
    Leafs in MSG tomorrow, i bet Tucker gets a warm pleasant cheer.

he's lucky Avery is out of the lineup, ( he'd surely get another beatdown )
    that is unless Shanny, Hollweg or Orr takes care of Averys lightwork .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    i could use a game tonight

tom. should be interesting
    When the Leafs come to New York tomorrow night, the FAN 590 reporter who is being sued by Sean Avery will not come with them . A note at the bottom of a Globe and Mail article on scoring in the NHL (a good story in its own right) says that the Rangers have refused Howard Berger credentials for the game. Bully for them. There are standards journalists have to uphold. Those standards may have been blurred in recent years by talk radio and blogs, but they remain in place, and Berger committed one of the major sins of journalism by reporting rumor as fact without verifying his information. His apology was weak, blaming his alleged source rather than his own violation of journalistic ethics, and on a fraction of a scale as his initial defense of his report (since retracted from his blog). The Rangers are right to bar him from gaining access to their locker room again.
    platessmall.jpg
  • guess you don't really know some people, i've talked to him a few times at previous maple leafs-rangers games and seemed like a nice enough guy. of course his actions regarding the avery situation are indefensible especially on a site like hockeybuzz, which has little credibility.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    December 06, 2007
    Avery Turns Over a New Leaf

Sean Avery remains the center of attention for tonight's Garden rematch with Toronto even though he can't play as he recovers from wrist surgery. Much of that is the fallout from the teams' last match in Toronto when Avery incited a pre-game scrum, registered a Gordie Howe hat trick during the game, was fined afterwards by the NHL, and found himself at the center of post-game allegations that resulted in ongoing legal action against FAN 590 reporter Howard Berger. Yesterday, Avery told New York area reporters that his libel suit continues, Berger's apology and retraction having failed to satisfy him. And he told Toronto reporters that he has turned his back on his former home town. The Rangers denied a report in the Globe and Mail that we linked to yesterday that Berger was denied credentials for tonight.

Meanwhile, there is a game to be played tonight. The Leafs come in riding a three-game winning streak. Before that, they were on a 1-4-3 slide to oblivion since their loss to the Rangers that had their coach and GM on the firing line. Eleven different Leafs scored goals in the past four games as their offense revived. But they remain the worst defensive team in the league (the Rangers are still tops). With the Leafs having given up four power play goals in seventeen times short in those four games, the Rangers' power play may once again be the ultimate difference maker, for better or worse, as has been the case all season.

To read about the game and its central figure, Avery, see the Daily News, Journal News, Newsday, Post, Rangers Report, Slapshots, NYR.com, and Toronto papers here, here, and here. Hartford's five game win streak was snapped last night in a 4-3 shootout loss after they blew a third period lead for the first time this season -- see the Courant. Howlings has a bit of pun with Bobby Sanguinetti making Team USA. Prospect Park has a round-up of Wednesday night action.

Four Rangers -- Scott Gomez, Colton Orr, Brandon Dubinsky, and Marc Staal -- collected coats for the Garden of Dreams foundation and greeted fans last night at the "Chill For a Cause" event at the East Village Yacht Club sponsored by Nautica and DETAILS, as seen in the photos to the left.

wonder why the Rangers would deny the fact that they denied the guy credentials.
    If they denied him, own up to it .
    wtf?
    does anyone really care if this loser is in the lockerroom?
    If anything, theres more of a chance of him getting some hands on payback in there, maybe getting popped in his head .

Lets pull together a regualtion "W" tonight

[size=+2] - - _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ - - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Jason Strudwick is the first cousin of the Niedemeyer brothers.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Speaking of Struds, I met him and Prucha on Tuesday at the Kids Holiday Toy Drive in Bryant Park.

I told Struds I had a huge favor to ask him... "Take care of Tucker for me on Thursday, since Avery is out. Rearrange his face please."

He laughed and said he would and then looked over to Prucha, who was like "I will do it!"

I'll be at the game if anyone wants to meet up... 301 row C, Lundqvist Jersey and Ranger beanie
    Speaking of Struds, I met him and Prucha on Tuesday at the Kids Holiday Toy Drive in Bryant Park.

I told Struds I had a huge favor to ask him... "Take care of Tucker for me on Thursday, since Avery is out. Rearrange his face please."

He laughed and said he would and then looked over to Prucha, who was like "I will do it!"

I'll be at the game if anyone wants to meet up... 301 row C, Lundqvist Jersey and Ranger beanie

this is awesome !
    I always hear about this on MSG and wonder about making it in- i have at least 1 or 2 toys lying around for needy kids.
    Plus, you get to meet and greet with Prucha, Strudwick , ( and others )

howq cool is that.

The coat drive is another good cause,....
    platessmall.jpg
  • the last few games, i've seen various players in the elevators coming out of the green room. last time i shared an elevator with straka and a few games ago, i shared one with avery and shanahan.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this is awesome !
    I always hear about this on MSG and wonder about making it in- i have at least 1 or 2 toys lying around for needy kids.
    Plus, you get to meet and greet with Prucha, Strudwick , ( and others )

howq cool is that.

The coat drive is another good cause,....

i forgot to bring the coat in last thurs ,, i was mad
    alright boys we need a big one tonight

time to rake these leaf's lol (thats a bad joke)

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Wow, last night was just...awful. I didn't even stay the whole game because there was one Leafs fan sitting behind us that was so loud and just did not shut up. I knew Henrik was going to come down to earth just slightly, but he has not looked good the last two games. Hopefully letting Valiquette get the start tonight will shake things up. Gotta bounce back tonight before having to face the Devils on Sunday.
    Jw
    WTF was that?
    You let Frankenleaf pot three goals last night.
    For shame Rags, for shame.
    word on the st. is jagr is crying everyday about nylander

not good for the team

he is a big girl
    NY PJ1 wrote:

not good for the team

he is a big girl
    Well he just fits right in, doesn't he?
    Rygar wrote:
    Well he just fits right in, doesn't he?

prett much

i listened in on a call from doug messier to a guy i work with

and the he was saying it over and over

well this is the last year with us
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:

Fixed your link.
    Does Avery always sit amongst the fans when he is injured ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Does Avery always sit amongst the fans when he is injured ?

yes,, and he usually comes up top to pay the diehards a visit,,but last night he didnt
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

not good for the team

he is a big girl

I hear ya

I've always respected his skills but he always seemed like a puzzy
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes,, and he usually comes up top to pay the diehards a visit,,but last night he didnt

From the highlight package they ran here that showed him .....it looked like he was more interested texting on his crackberry than he was in the game :p

And did Henrick get pulled last night :eek:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10