B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    valli stole us a point, singlehandedly tonight.

did i hear that straka left the game in the late part ?

guess his return didnt go too well if thats the case.

that sucks.

Lets Go Rangers

very very lucky to get a point and after he saved 4 shotouts we couldnt score there neither , vally played awesome...the rest of the team very little

straka did leave
    THESE AFTERNOON GAMES can be rough on me

i hate rushing

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the game is on UPN 9 ? :confused: ( * first time since 1989 )

where the hell did that come from ?

wow .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    What the hell happened to the New York Ranger Powerplay ?
    platessmall.jpg
    this team is weak :(
  • that was a bad one. scott gomez has to throw it at the net and not wait before the defender strips him of the puck and dan girardi had a bad one, getting totally undressed on two of those dallas goals. and where was the help on brenden morrow for that goal. given the time and space he had to take ribiero's centering feed, if i could skate i could have scored that goal also.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    that was a bad one. scott gomez has to throw it at the net and not wait before the defender strips him of the puck and dan girardi had a bad one, getting totally undressed on two of those dallas goals. and where was the help on brenden morrow for that goal. given the time and space he had to take ribiero's centering feed, if i could skate i could have scored that goal also.

girardi said he fucked up,

and that it will never happen again .

as weak as they might look,

theyre still my team.

faith will be rewarded
    platessmall.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    about damn time the rangers got a new website
    about damn time the rangers got a new website

when i click on my link this is what i get :

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

http://rangers.nhl.com/
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    when i click on my link this is what i get :

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

http://rangers.nhl.com/

Sounds about as effective as Chris Drury on the PP :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    im hearing avery needs surgery on the left wrist :(

one of those years for him
  • from newsday

Avery---already sidelined once this season with a shoulder separation----will not only miss the Islanders game, but several more after arthroscopic surgery to clean out his left wrist tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.

Avery---who reinjured the wrist against Tampa when hit by a shot--- practiced without shooting today, but was waiting for results of a CAT scan on the wrist, which has bothered him since the start of the season.

He said afterward that the decision had been made and didn't know how long he would be sidelined. Avery said he had been playing with a fracture, and was worsened during a fight five games after he returned---we're thinking with Darcy Tucker in Toronto.

"Hopefully, it'll only be a week or two," he said. "But I don't live in a reality world."
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    from newsday

Avery---already sidelined once this season with a shoulder separation----will not only miss the Islanders game, but several more after arthroscopic surgery to clean out his left wrist tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.

Avery---who reinjured the wrist against Tampa when hit by a shot--- practiced without shooting today, but was waiting for results of a CAT scan on the wrist, which has bothered him since the start of the season.

He said afterward that the decision had been made and didn't know how long he would be sidelined. Avery said he had been playing with a fracture, and was worsened during a fight five games after he returned---we're thinking with Darcy Tucker in Toronto.

"Hopefully, it'll only be a week or two," he said. "But I don't live in a reality world."

this absolutely sucks.

regardless of the many issues this team is facing right now,

their rcord without avery is awful compared to with him.

the guy is our sparkplug on skates.

we are fucked
    platessmall.jpg
  • i'm going to disagree here, he may the agitator and the stats show that the rangers win with him in the lineup, but now is the time for them to stop screwing around and get rolling, the talent is there on the forward lines for it to happen.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    i'm going to disagree here, he may the agitator and the stats show that the rangers win with him in the lineup, but now is the time for them to stop screwing around and get rolling, the talent is there on the forward lines for it to happen.

xman - just asking

which part of you disagreeing with ?

i think it sucks that he's injured and out now for at least a week

not really talking stats as much as the outright record with avery vs without avery.
    I do not know the #s detailed , but i know its alot more Ws with Avery as opposed to then without .

as far as us being fucked, we are stuck in the muck right now, & i think
    we can be salvaged from it, but if we dont shake it off quick, we will remain fucked.

now is the time to get rolling - i will agree with that
    i think we've almost reached a time where its worrisome and on the verge of losing the season.
    over-relying on henrik too may times and
    that jagrs minds off somewhere else,....
    when i read in the paper he's relying on strakas return to rescue his season ?
    what kind of heart is that ?
    this is our captain ?
    i dunno.
    we never heard excuses from the prior captain(s)
    what the fuck
    i know when hes at the top of his game he's probably the best player in the world,
    but c'mon .
    platessmall.jpg
  • that they're fucked. forgot to mention that was the part i disagreed with in the first reply.

i'm not sure about jagr's mind, it might be not having martin straka with him for a large chunk of the season so far. i've never played the game so i really don't know how a linemate's absence effects someone's play or style and i think gomez will get the memo that he has to shoot more often.

plus the schedule is pretty favorable, nine of the next 15 at home, only three back-to-backs.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    things just got real tight in the atlantic, with both the isles and devils winning last night. tonight is really a must win in regulation for the rangers... can't allow the isles to get even a point.
    with avery = 9-4-1
    without avery = 4-5-1

after averys arrival last season at the trade deadline from LA = 17-6-6

clearly the guy is more of an impact then anyone expected .

NY Post

AVERY TAKES A DETOUR FOR WRIST SURGERY

By HOWARD KUSSOY
    November 29, 2007 -- After missing close to a month with a shoulder injury at the beginning of the season, Rangers winger Sean Avery now will be sidelined indefinitely when he undergoes arthroscopic surgery on his fractured left wrist tonight at St. Vincent's Medical Center in Manhattan. The operation will be performed by hand surgeon Dr. Martin Posner.

Although it's uncertain how much time Avery will miss, Rangers defenseman Paul Mara returned from the procedure in 10 days, and Avery is optimistic about a rapid return to the ice.

"Hopefully it's only a week or two. I don't live in a reality world, though, so I don't know," Avery said. "I knew something was wrong, so I'd rather get it taken care of now and get back as quick as I can and help the guys.

"They're gonna take a look at everything. Primarily they're going in . . . there's a fracture in the hand that they've gotta clean up a bit."

Tom Renney said, "We've been given a bit of a timetable that certainly suggests it won't be too long."

The Rangers are 9-4-1 with Avery in the lineup this season and 4-5-1 without him. After acquiring him from the Kings last season, the Rangers went 17-6-6 in their successful playoff push.

"We know what type of game we have to play, and I don't think me in the lineup should make that much of a difference," Avery said. "Everything's gonna be fine. We still have some pretty good players in the lineup."

Alternate captain Brendan Shanahan said, "It gives an opportunity for some other guys to step in and grab some of his valuable ice time. Someone has to see that it's a real opportunity to go and pick up the slack for what we'll miss with him."

The Rangers are 1-2-1 in their last four games and now must face the Islanders, who already have beaten them three times this season, tonight at the Garden.

Avery, who practiced yesterday, considered playing tonight, but ultimately it was decided it would be best to go forward with the procedure immediately.

"You have to talk Sean out of a lot of things, and certainly playing is one of them," Renney said.

"I guess it's better than getting hurt in April or May," Avery said, referencing another playoff run. "It's the only way I can look at it."

Ryan Callahan (knee) was taken off injured reserve and will be available to play tonight.
    platessmall.jpg
    i watched some of last nights isles game.

those sens are speedy little bastards.
    tough team all around.
    impressive victory for the fishsticks indeed.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i watched some of last nights isles game.

those sens are speedy little bastards.
    tough team all around.
    impressive victory for the fishsticks indeed.

i watched the entire game. sticks had a little luck on their side... the sens had a few goal posts and a goal that was disallowed because they had a man in the crease and interference was called (even though an islander pushed him in).

DP pisses me off like no other. he comes out to play pucks he has no business playing. almost cost him in OT, but he was able to recover and make the save. i'm just waiting for him to get a knee to the head again.

hopefully they come out sluggish tonight and the rangers can take advantage of them in the 1st period and maybe go into the 2nd up 2 goals.
    4-2, bitches.

without avery :eek:

3-1 season series not looking as dismal thats for sure.
    platessmall.jpg
    great win!

ugly first goal for the isles... terrible bounce off the glass, hope an MSG crew member gets fired for that one.

is it me, or did prucha look terrible this game????

dubinsky w/ jagr is magic.
  • great win!

ugly first goal for the isles... terrible bounce off the glass, hope an MSG crew member gets fired for that one.

is it me, or did prucha look terrible this game????

dubinsky w/ jagr is magic.

this was all drury at least from the offensive side of things. him putting himself in front of the net is what he does.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- Forgive us for being a bit cynical about the "new" NHL schedule the league's board of governors produced Thursday afternoon.

If it looked suspiciously like the old, pre-lockout schedule, that's because it's exactly the same.

It only took three years of force-feeding fans a steady diet of eight divisional games to realize that the very people they were determined to lure back after the lockout were being turned off by the repetitiveness of the schedule.

The selling point was that the games would create more passionate rivalries. Except no one in Tampa Bay wants to see the Atlanta Thrashers four times a season no matter how exciting Ilya Kovalchuk is. And while teams in the East loved the concept of avoiding expensive trips out West, the format denied Western fans a chance to see Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

Starting next season, every Western Conference team will get to see Mr. Crosby.

As if to reinforce that point, Crosby is about to make his first trip to Western Canada since coming into the league, and the anticipation is terrific. Too bad it took three years for it to happen. But at least it did happen after a 26-4 vote in favor of the new schedule that will go into effect next fall.

And so it is that divisional games will drop from eight to six; there will be four games against each of the other 10 conference teams and one game against the 15 teams in the opposing conference. That leaves three so-called "wild-card games," which will be divided up by preference or natural rivalries. To start with, for instance, the six Canadian teams will play home-and-homes against each other.

"And we did it notwithstanding that this is likely to be the third year in a row with record attendance and the fact that divisional games are better attended than any others we did want to be responsive to the fans," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said Thursday.

Luc Robitaille, president of business operations for the Kings and the highest scoring left winger in NHL history, said the vote indicated the enthusiasm for seeing a broader cross-section of the league.

"For us, a team like L.A., it's important to see the other teams from the U.S.," Robitaille said. "We've had a lot of discussions that I've listened to, but today, [the vote] was nice and easy."

Curiously, this may not be the last we've heard of the scheduling issue as new union head Paul Kelly told reporters his players would agree to go from an 82-game schedule to 84 games if owners were willing to drop preseason games from the maximum of nine to five.

Going to 84 games would provide for home-and-homes against all non-conference teams, which would be ideal in terms of exposing the entire league to the game's best players.

Bettman seemed agreeable.

"I told Paul what adding two more games might do is give us one division out of conference that you play at home, one division that you play on the road and the third division you play home and away, and then you rotate them," Bettman said. "So, that might be a good way to integrate 84 games if everybody decided that's what they wanted to do.

"That's something I would have to discuss with the governors. Now that I know that the players know I am interested in that, that may be a refinement to what we did."

The league went to an 84-game slate for two seasons from 1992-1994, but went back to 82 in1995-96 after the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season.
    platessmall.jpg
    finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should of been 7 goals

dicpi had no control of his rebounds!!!

SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U SHOOT!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
    the balls on the fishsticks to say holly tried to rip stiches out,,,lol

i mean he only got tomahawked with a stick in the face :confused:
  • Solid win... and I got to meet Lundqvist on Tuesday

Now let's keep it rolling and keep the Flyers out of the RVM
    Solid win... and I got to meet Lundqvist on Tuesday

Now let's keep it rolling and keep the Flyers out of the RVM

isnt he an awesome guy? talked to him 2 years ago for 10 minutes
    genuine guy ,,,and pretty lol
  • Yeah the King rocks... got a pic with him and a signed puck... told him to take care of the Isles on Thurs and he said he'll try... and he sure did!
  • nice guy, but everyone on the rangers is.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024