Now let's keep it rolling and keep the Flyers out of the RVM

Flyers aren't going anywhere !!

You've been in our RVM most of the year

LET'S GO FLYERS !!!
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    and how about Chris Simon going in as the 3rd man in, but the NYR get the only penalty ( Orr for a late hit ? )
    Simon ( aka the kamikaze chopper ) was able tyo openly land 3 or 4 punches, and it went absolutely undisciplined , nothing- at all .

what the hell was that all about ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ughhhhhhhhhh leaving for partty at 3:15....

sooooo no watching for me today :(

ill be there in spirit lol

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
    these matinee games are killing me !

im forced to go christmas shopping during these matches- most of which i wil;l be taping on the VCR- and trying to stay far away from resulkts until i view the game.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    Im still groveling trying to get a pair or a single for this night, 1-24-08 I believe.

as an alternative option the Garden is now offering this :

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=19433
    platessmall.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Coolio this game is on CBC, so keep the Sens losing streak going.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    yeee haw !!!!! only caugth the 1st and 2nd

nice win,,, and 2 ppg's again sweeet

sens have come back to earth

hopefully we get some help tonight

off to get drunk and celebrate a big win

p.s. betsy finally!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!!
    08cfae81-bc36-47a5-a73a-19bad550a7bc.jpg

awesome game.

wow

5 goals.

:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Wow, my Canes are falling apart. Cant keep the puck out of our net. Only Toronto has more GA thanks to this recent streak. Should be an interesting game tomorrow night. You guys just hopped over us in the Eastern Conference Standings. I'm hoping a big matchup at MSG will get us a little more focused.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Wow, my Canes are falling apart. Cant keep the puck out of our net. Only Toronto has more GA thanks to this recent streak. Should be an interesting game tomorrow night. You guys just hopped over us in the Eastern Conference Standings. I'm hoping a big matchup at MSG will get us a little more focused.

great piece about Petr Prucha defending himself against that goon Neil:

December 2, 2007
    Prucha: I didn't drop Neil on purpose
    A few Sunday leftovers as we await the return of Matt Cullen to the Garden:

When I asked Tom Renney if Petr Prucha got his elbow up on his own or was told to take a pre-emptive shot at Ottawa head-hunter Chris Neil yesterday, Renney smiled and said: “I think he knew who was coming in on him. And after two head shots in two years, he’s got it figured out.”

But Prucha is either a phenomenal thespian or truly didn’t mean to drop the Sens’ winger who again was meaning to drop him with a high first-period hit.

“I just had my arm up, was that even a penalty?” Prucha said. “Yes, I knew who it was. But I didn’t do that for purpose.”

• One thing Colton Orr did not do on purpose was engage Brian McGrattan in a fight with the Ottawa enforcer desperate to get something going for his slumbering team. Said Orr: “That was really tough. Really tough. You know what I wanted to do.”

• If the on-ice product wasn’t obvious enough, Jaromir Jagr’s locker room behavior after yesterday’s game screamed that the Rangers’ captain is feeling good about his game again. From razzing Scott Gomez to distraction during a television interview to mocking his linemates for somehow not being able to see him on the ice to general howling and joking, Jagr was back to his merry self. Amazing what the return of buddy Martin Straka to his line and scoring three goals in three games can do.

Had a little transmission or translation problem yesterday and my blog entry didn’t make it to the site. Anyway, here it was:

OK, just got out of my rental car to get slapped in the face by the special cold that only hits you in the Scotiabank Place parking lot — I believe I felt long-ago stitches coming loose, but Ryan Hollweg was nowhere in sight. So now, I’m on board with changing the schedule.

I’ll give in on cutting from eight to six games against everybody else in the division as long as the other 29 road games are only in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Tampa and Sunrise, Fla.

Seriously folks, while some of you have absolutely valid counter-arguments, many of you are simply missing my point.

First of all, if you think the owners did this out of some sense of duty to those of you who live far away from your favorite teams, you’re out of your minds. They did it because they believe it makes more money. Which is the concept I reject — in addition to the one about eight Rangers-Islanders games being too many.

Second, while I agree that rivalries can’t be forced, they inevitably will grow over time if teams play each other over and over — especially in the playoffs. And since nobody is in favor of going to a completely balanced schedule, the longterm health of the league has to be based more upon the fans’ interest in the six to eight games teams play against their divisional foes than the one or two against some team from the other conference.

What’s more, hockey simply is not as star-driven a game as, say basketball. Top NBA players are on the court nearly the entire game as opposed to top NHLers, who rarely play more than one third and actually are in possession of the puck for less than a minute each game. Seriously, do we really want to make a schedule based on the possiblity that Dion Phaneuf — whom half the fans in most arenas couldn’t pick out of a lineup — will crush somebody with a big hit?

I completely agree that the sport must be seen in person to truly be appreciated. But I don’t think you can get a real appreciation of any player just by seeing him once each year. And, again, that is based upon the assumption that you are one of the lucky 18,000 in any city able to afford and purchase a ticket to see the team or player of your choice.

As for another consensus that came out of the Board of Governors meeting: Is the majority serious about the game on the ice being so good that no significant changes should be considered? I revere the traditions of the game and abhor bastardizations such as the shootout, the new jerseys and any television coverage that treats hockey like a video game. I also agree with Brian Burke’s assessment that it isn’t goals but scoring chances that make the game entertaining.

But if you turn on MSG Vault one day and happen to catch a game from the ’70s, ’80s or even the early ’90s, you must come to the conclusion that the athletes have simply outgrown the current ice surface. They skate too well and are coached too well for there to be anything other than long stretches of games in which neither team has a chance to score.

Brendan Shanahan recently pointed out that, not only are the third- and fourth-liners on each team far better skaters now, everybody backchecks in a much more stifling way. Rather than the last two forwards back picking up the opposing defensemen, they bust it back to clog up all those lanes Gretzky and Co. used to use upon curling inside the blueline to hit late guys.

And even with the recent streamlining, the goaltenders’ equipment remains way too large. It is supposed to protect them, not obscure the entire net. Let’s cut it down as much as possible while not endangering the goalies. Face it, if you come down the wing and don’t see any net to shoot at, you’ll attempt the extra pass that often gets picked off by the middle-clogging backcheckers. That’s one of the main reason scoring chances are down.

Of course, the league turned over the puck on part of this when it permitted an entire generation of new buildings to be built without the capability of being retrofitted for a widening of the ice. One ludicrous argument was that teams couldn’t afford to eliminate the expensive first couple of rows closest to the rink. Of course, knocking out Rows 1 and 2 merely makes Rows 3 and 4 the ones you soak the wealthy fans for — with the added benefit that an improved product makes it easier to sell out the top 10 rows that go empty in many rinks every night.
    platessmall.jpg
    canes coming on in

just another BIG GAME LOL

every game is big I LOVE IT

LET'S KEEP IT ROLLING!

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    HMNNNNNNNNNN INTERESTING
    lots of work to be done b4 we think about this

BLUESHIRTS HAVE ASSETS FOR BIG DEAL
    YOUNG RANGERS HAVE THE ASSETS TO MAKE BIG DEAL
    By LARRY BROOKS
    December 3, 2007 -- So how about this: The Rangers' lineup tonight at the Garden against Carolina will include 10 players age 26 or younger, and there are another half-dozen apparent blue-chippers age 23 or younger working their way through or into the system.

While 24-year-old Fedor Tyutin, 23-year-old Dan Girardi and 20-year-old Marc Staal patrol the blue line with increasing authority, 22-year-old Ivan Baranka waits at Hartford for his next turn on Broadway as 19-year-old, 2006 first-rounder Bobby Sanguinetti leads Ontario Hockey League defensemen in goals and points.

While 22-year-old Ryan Callahan and 25-year-old Petr Prucha flank Chris Drury, 22-year-old Nigel Dawes lights it up for the Wolf Pack in his bid to return to New York and 18-year-old, 2007 first-rounder Alexei Cherepanov awaits North American fame and fortune playing in Russia for Omsk.

While 21-year-old Brandon Dubinsky centers Jaromir Jagr and Martin Straka, 19-year-old pivot Artem Anisimov is creating a striking impression at Hartford in his first North American pro season.

These are the assets Glen Sather promised when he instituted the Great Deadline Purge of '04. This is the rebuilding of the back of the house while concurrently renovating the marquee of the Garden - uh, 25-year-old Henrik Lundqvist, anyone? - the likes of which the Rangers haven't seen since Neil Smith's early years as Rangers GM.

These are not only many of the pieces that should remain in place for the next five-to-10 years, but these also comprise the best and brightest of the pool of assets - add Alex Bourret, Greg Moore, Brodie Dupont and Al Montoya into the mix - Sather has at his disposal when (not if) veteran difference-makers become available at this year's deadline.

No one is advocating a latter day Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge deal, or a trade as silly as the one Emile Francis made in 1971 when he sent developing stud center Syl Apps, Jr. to Pittsburgh for a little-remembered agitating winger named Glen Sather.

But even as the Rangers build for the future, a roster featuring 35-year-old Jaromir Jagr and 38-year-old Brendan Shanahan (each of whom celebrates a birthday this winter and neither of whom is certain to return next season) as the team's primary offensive weapons is also built to win now.

So what if Toronto makes Mats Sundin available as a rental? What if Tampa Bay GM Jay Feaster believes the only way out of the mess he's made of the Lightning is to place all-world Vincent Lecavalier on the auction block? What if Atlanta can't sign Marian Hossa to an extension and looks to move the winger, or Columbus drops out of the playoff picture and dangles Sergei Fedorov as a lend-lease operation, or Rob Blake is willing to waive his no-trade out of LA?

Doug Weight for Esa Tikkanen? After 1994, every time. Todd Marchant for Craig MacTavish? After that final faceoff, who wouldn't?

The Rangers are loaded with young affordable assets. The trick now is to identify whom the organization can afford to trade - and whom it can't - when a championship-caliber veteran becomes available prior to the Feb. 26 deadline.

In other words, which of the kids is Philip Hughes and which one is Joba Chamberlain?

The Rangers, 12-3-1 in their last 16, have surrendered two goals or fewer in 19 of 25 games overall. . . . The Hurricanes, 3-6 in their last nine, are coming off an 8-1 humiliation by the Sabres in Buffalo on Saturday.
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    HMNNNNNNNNNN INTERESTING
    lots of work to be done b4 we think about this

BLUESHIRTS HAVE ASSETS FOR BIG DEAL
    YOUNG RANGERS HAVE THE ASSETS TO MAKE BIG DEAL
    By LARRY BROOKS
    December 3, 2007 -- So how about this: The Rangers' lineup tonight at the Garden against Carolina will include 10 players age 26 or younger, and there are another half-dozen apparent blue-chippers age 23 or younger working their way through or into the system.

While 24-year-old Fedor Tyutin, 23-year-old Dan Girardi and 20-year-old Marc Staal patrol the blue line with increasing authority, 22-year-old Ivan Baranka waits at Hartford for his next turn on Broadway as 19-year-old, 2006 first-rounder Bobby Sanguinetti leads Ontario Hockey League defensemen in goals and points.

While 22-year-old Ryan Callahan and 25-year-old Petr Prucha flank Chris Drury, 22-year-old Nigel Dawes lights it up for the Wolf Pack in his bid to return to New York and 18-year-old, 2007 first-rounder Alexei Cherepanov awaits North American fame and fortune playing in Russia for Omsk.

While 21-year-old Brandon Dubinsky centers Jaromir Jagr and Martin Straka, 19-year-old pivot Artem Anisimov is creating a striking impression at Hartford in his first North American pro season.

These are the assets Glen Sather promised when he instituted the Great Deadline Purge of '04. This is the rebuilding of the back of the house while concurrently renovating the marquee of the Garden - uh, 25-year-old Henrik Lundqvist, anyone? - the likes of which the Rangers haven't seen since Neil Smith's early years as Rangers GM.

These are not only many of the pieces that should remain in place for the next five-to-10 years, but these also comprise the best and brightest of the pool of assets - add Alex Bourret, Greg Moore, Brodie Dupont and Al Montoya into the mix - Sather has at his disposal when (not if) veteran difference-makers become available at this year's deadline.

No one is advocating a latter day Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge deal, or a trade as silly as the one Emile Francis made in 1971 when he sent developing stud center Syl Apps, Jr. to Pittsburgh for a little-remembered agitating winger named Glen Sather.

But even as the Rangers build for the future, a roster featuring 35-year-old Jaromir Jagr and 38-year-old Brendan Shanahan (each of whom celebrates a birthday this winter and neither of whom is certain to return next season) as the team's primary offensive weapons is also built to win now.

So what if Toronto makes Mats Sundin available as a rental? What if Tampa Bay GM Jay Feaster believes the only way out of the mess he's made of the Lightning is to place all-world Vincent Lecavalier on the auction block? What if Atlanta can't sign Marian Hossa to an extension and looks to move the winger, or Columbus drops out of the playoff picture and dangles Sergei Fedorov as a lend-lease operation, or Rob Blake is willing to waive his no-trade out of LA?

Doug Weight for Esa Tikkanen? After 1994, every time. Todd Marchant for Craig MacTavish? After that final faceoff, who wouldn't?

The Rangers are loaded with young affordable assets. The trick now is to identify whom the organization can afford to trade - and whom it can't - when a championship-caliber veteran becomes available prior to the Feb. 26 deadline.

In other words, which of the kids is Philip Hughes and which one is Joba Chamberlain?

The Rangers, 12-3-1 in their last 16, have surrendered two goals or fewer in 19 of 25 games overall. . . . The Hurricanes, 3-6 in their last nine, are coming off an 8-1 humiliation by the Sabres in Buffalo on Saturday.

LOL !

Fuckin Slats ! :eek:

[size=+2]- - _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ - - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

LOL !

Fuckin Slats ! :eek:

[size=+2]- - _/ _/ Lets Go Rangers \_ \_ - - [/size]

i was laughing my arse off when i read that line
  • i read somewhere that they called him slats because he was always stuck on the bench..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    its nice to be at home watching even though the boys are at msg

1/2 hour kids,,its pregame meal time

enjoy

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    its nice to be at home watching even though the boys are at msg

1/2 hour kids,,its pregame meal time

enjoy

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

what'd you have..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    what'd you have..

pastaroni,, white cheddar w/ broccoli

gf isnt home to cook lol
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    pastaroni,, white cheddar w/ broccoli

gf isnt home to cook lol

Yous should have had chicken and french fries

Maybe someone on the Rags would have had a 10 pt night !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    fucking awful.

highlight of the night... sean avery comparing being injured, to being the kid who got sent to the corner in school for being bad. "you just don't feel part of the team."

hats off to ward, he played a great game to a sloppy rangers offense, supported by a sloppy rangers defense.

after two great wins... what the fuck?

lets turn this shit around and get it going.
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    I couldn't get a better pic of this but here ya go Bath......

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/the-police-fine-art-print/NHC820123-01-01-FP.html
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Great picture, but $550-$750? :eek:
  • interesting article on what the rangers do on the day of game:

http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/SPORTS01/712040398
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    even flow? wrote:
    I couldn't get a better pic of this but here ya go Bath......

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/the-police-fine-art-print/NHC820123-01-01-FP.html

gotta love andys scissor kicks.
    :)
    1982 ,
    i wasnt at that gig, so i dont see the relativity to me, or the Rangers, but thanks .
    BTW- i have some limited edition U2 lithos as well as the giveaway from the Police Fan Club- its decent .

back to The Blueshirts ,
    anyone catch the preview of the movie coming out about Rocket Richards life ?
    And the notable current NYR starring in the movie ? :confused:
    I loved the fact that its a era/period piece, and our original 6 team is represented ..
    I noted the true to the eye oldtime " sweaters " , back when they really wore sweaters . :D
    I see he is wearing # 9 , I wonder which historic Ranger he is supposed to be portraying.

The sequence that MSG showed looked very good, with good cinematography with the across the ice surface shots- nice job .

Lastly its pretty sad that we cant elaborate on the actual game-

That one was - what Sam and Joe called " A Klunker " :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    platessmall.jpg
    interesting article on what the rangers do on the day of game:

http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/SPORTS01/712040398

But what truly sets the Rangers apart is what happens roughly 35 minutes before game time: the Hollweg dance that is one part rallying point, one part comic relief.
    The tradition began last season, when teammate Marcel Hossa would play his favorite techno artist, DJ Tiesto, in the room before the game, and Hollweg began grooving to it. Eventually it evolved into a nightly dance, with word even spreading to other teams. Clips of the dance are available on YouTube.

this was my favorite part

Hollweg Dance

Ryan Remixed
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    1982 ,
    i wasnt at that gig, so i dont see the relativity to me, or the Rangers, but thanks .
    BTW- i have some limited edition U2 lithos as well as the giveaway from the Police Fan Club- its decent .

back to The Blueshirts ,
    I loved the fact that its a era/period piece, and our original 6 team is represented ..
    I noted the true to the eye oldtime " sweaters " , back when they really wore sweaters . :D
    I see he is wearing # 9 , I wonder which historic Ranger he is supposed to be portraying.

The sequence that MSG showed looked very good, with good cinematography with the across the ice surface shots- nice job .

the dude is wearing a ranger's jersey in the pic

last night cant be described.. take it at face value

and the movie does look good
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    1982 ,

back to The Blueshirts ,

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:

What movie is that?
    You don't mean the one that's been out for two years already, do you?
    If so, then Avery is in it (I think as a Bruin), as is Mike Ricci and a few others, and the movie was excellent.
    If not, fill me in.
    wow
    , as i admitted my focus was on andy.
    ( I had a busy , bad day at work today , )
    Now that ive been told, i see Sting sporting the Ranger jersey .
    whats funny is , its in Connecticut, who wouldve thought a Ranger would be fan up there in 82 .

thanks for the tip- my eyes aint what they used to be.

i thought they said an upcoming released movie but perhaps i misunderstood- and Avery was definitely a Ranger, wearing # 9 .

On IMDB they say avery played Bob Dill .
    Career Regular Season Stats
    Season Team GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S%
    1943-1944 Rangers 28 6 10 16 66
    1944-1945 Rangers 48 9 5 14 69
    Team Totals: 76 15 15 30 135

Career Regular Season Stats
    1938-1939 Miami TrHL 14 5 5 10 23
    1939-1940 Sault Ste. Marie NMHL
    1940-1941 Baltimore EAHL 56 12 11 23 130
    1941-1942 Springfield AHL 50 8 13 21 106
    1942-1943 Buffalo AHL 19 2 7 9 46
    1942-1943 Coast Guard EAHL 29 15 20 35 48
    1943-1944 Buffalo AHL 23 5 9 14 75
    1943-1944 Rangers 28 6 10 16 66
    1944-1945 Rangers 48 9 5 14 69
    1945-1946 St. Paul USHL 30 11 11 22 62
    1946-1947 St. Paul USHL 58 12 18 30 154
    1947-1948 St. Paul USHL 59 10 34 44 101
    1948-1949 St. Paul USHL 63 15 29 44 134
    1949-1950 St. Paul USHL 52 6 17 23 116
    1950-1951 St. Paul AAHL
    1951-1952 Springfield EAHL 37 3 16 19 58
    NHL Totals: 76 15 15 30 135

Career Playoff Stats
    1941-1942 Springfield AHL 5 3 2 5 0
    1942-1943 Coast Guard EAHL 11 6 4 10 22
    1948-1949 St. Paul USHL 7 4 1 5 10
    1949-1950 St. Paul USHL 3 0 1 1 6

Career Notes
    EAHL Second All-Star Team (1943) USHL First All-Star Team (1947, 1950) Suspended by AHL for assaulting referee George Parsons in game vs. Pittsburgh, January 1, 1944. Traded to NY Rangers by Montreal (Buffalo-AHL) for Roger Leger and the loan of Gord Davidson, January 4, 1944.
    platessmall.jpg