B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Hawkshore wrote:
    From the highlight package they ran here that showed him .....it looked like he was more interested texting on his crackberry than he was in the game :p

And did Henrick get pulled last night :eek:

hey i was buying xmas gifts during the 3rd period myself

and i would be texting elisha also in that situation
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    imagine avery running into that reporter from t- town ( berger )
    he'd be found lying on the ground
    in the hallways at the garden
    slumped up in the fetal position.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    please show up tonight nyr thanx
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    please show up tonight nyr thanx

hossa vs hossa

:eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    imagine avery running into that reporter from t- town ( berger )
    he'd be found lying on the ground
    in the hallways at the garden
    slumped up in the fetal position.

Berger was at the game but I didn't see him until after the game in the postgame interviews with the maple leafs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    OK,, we need to do something here

at least the devils aren't playing well right now :confused: lol

the old 5pm sunday game

by 330 im gonna be looking to lay on the couch ,,not get on a bus into nyc ,,but its better than 7pm on a sunday (my bus stops running at 9pm on sunday nights )

anyway

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    devils , as good as they may be playing righht now, have yet tyo beat us in 3 meetings thusfar this season

Lets keep it rolling,...

[size=+2] - _/ Lets Go Rangers ! \_ - [/size]
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Tom Renney:

"You just hope it's a combination of both. I think what we do as a coaching
    staff is give them little cues and little things that kind of bring it back
    to reality and them deciding that's what we got to do and move forward with
    it. And we have good leadership in our room that can make the same emphasis so I can't take a whole lot of credit there.

"You can tell by the way we've kind of recovered. Each time we done
    this in 2 1/2 years, we've stepped on the bannana peel and we will again.
    Bottom line is the guys in this organization care and they're willing to sacrifice
    and do things that are necessary to sort of get your game back to sort of a simple format that allows for success.

"Get back to a more responsible game and it's not a track meet. They force
    you because... and Brent's done a great job there. They've got their footing now and their traction in the way they go and I know Brent and I knew that was going to happen sooner or later. The first games, great nice for us but you know darn well this team is going to be as competitive as there is in the league and with that in mind you've got to prepare yourself accordingly or it's game number four in a row.

on those three blocked shots by Straka

"I'm just jacked. The whole bench is just jacked. You do what it takes to win.

on Lundqvist:

"I think if we can keep the chances to a realitively good number, which is the 12 or 13 range, I think Henrik has a chance to win every time he plays. Let's not forget he stopped a breakaway and did some extraordinary things like he usually does but really at the end of the day, the chances on our chance chart were certainly marked in our favor.

"He was certainly focused because of the opponent, no question. That's nice but next game is Washington and they had a pretty good win last night and we got to be ready for them too. It's nice that New Jersey helps Hank kind of sharpen his pencil too.

"We did (lose focus) as a team. Who knows if we got it completely back? But again, that's the nice thing about playing a team like New Jersey. It really is about concentration and focus and clarity and what you need to do and I think we're better at that now."

Shanahan:

"It was not a huge breakdown by them. There was not a whole lot of room. It's the way that game was going to be. It was going to be a quick play, open for a second. It wasn't sort of a breakdown and a breakaway or a 2-on-1 a 3-on-1. It was just going to be someone threading the needle with the pass and being opportunistic.

"Coming into a situation like this game where we've lost three in a row, I think we were all happy it was the Devils coming in because you know the game was going to have a lot of atmosphere. And they always present a big challenge to us, especially them being on a nine-game winning streak. So we talked a little bit before the third period about not getting frustrated with the 0-0 tie and I think a year ago maybe our team isn't comfortable in that situation but we went out in the third and gave them four shots on goal."

Lundqvist:

"We didn't really want to give up anything. I think they were playing the same way. It was kind of a scary game to play but at the same time, it was a big game for us."

"I felt I was missing a little energy the last game and felt a little slow. Tonight I was thinking let's get pumped up for this game and it's now hard to get that feeling and go out and play against the Devils and play against Marty.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Sweeeeetttt
    Jaromir Jagr was held off the score sheet for the fourth straight game.

:eek:

:eek:

Nylanders out injured Jaromir, besides, he doesnt play here anymore.

get over it .
    platessmall.jpg
    Dellapina

Young defenders set tone for Tom Renney, Rangers
    BY JOHN DELLAPINA
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Tuesday, December 11th 2007, 4:00 AM

When Tom Renney scanned his bench for the four players who would open Sunday night's overtime, he chose two former Devils to play the forward positions.

A nice touch that also made plenty of sense tactically, since Brendan Shanahan and Scott Gomez have it going at the moment. But Renney's choice of defensemen was the latest signal of the shift that is ongoing on the Rangers' back line.

Youngsters Fedor Tyutin and Dan Girardi got that tone-setting nod. And the duo moved the puck adroitly to get it back to Gomez, who fed for Shanahan for the game-winning goal in the 1-0 victory over the Devils.

Ever since the NHL emerged from the lockout, Marek Malik and Michal Rozsival have formed the Rangers' first defense pair. But Tyutin and Girardi have been too good and too reliable not to merit at least 1A status. What's more, Malik appears to have lost his place on Rozsival's left to another precocious youngster - 20-year-old Marc Staal. Renney scratched Malik for the second straight game Sunday. And a major reason is that he wants to get Staal on the ice as much as possible - easier when he's paired with Rozsival, who regularly logs more ice time than any Rangers defenseman. Staal began the season averaging about 13 minutes per night on the third pair. When Malik went down with bruised ribs Nov. 1, Staal's ice time jumped to an average of approximately 22 minutes per game.

It got bumped back down for three games when Malik returned. But as Staal has proven to be a shut-down defenseman who thrives on more ice time, Renney couldn't help but look for ways to use him more - though he initially preached patience when asked about that before Friday's game in Atlanta. "I wouldn't be surprised if, after Christmas, he's logging big minutes and playing more minutes," Renney said. "Sometimes, you do err on the side of the more experienced guy. Not that, after Christmas, anybody is really a rookie anymore."

Apparently, Renney moved up his timetable. Staal was paired with Rozsival that night and logged 22:24. And the duo was together again vs. the Devils, with Staal on the ice for 20:19.

"I like the combination - they seem to work well together," Renney said Sunday in explaining why he scratched Malik again. "... So that's part of my decision today, I want to stick with that pair. It's a good combination. It seems to be working."
    platessmall.jpg
    he finally listened to u !!!!!!!!
    December 11, 2007
    Nothing Left to Prove
    UPDATE 3:30 PM: Greg Moore was recalled in case Ryan Callahan couldn't go tomorrow, but Callahan is OK. Sean Avery skated today but is still at least a week away from playing. Michal Rozsival missed practice with a sore shoulder but will play tomorrow -- Malik likely to sit again. Thanks to Rangers Report for this information from today's practice.
    platessmall.jpg
    todays NY Post Page 6:

We hear that injured Ranger forward Sean Avery jumped onstage to sing at BB Kings to sing with Cablevision chief James Dolan and his band, JD and The Straight Shot , at the annual bvenefit for Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer research the other night. Guests included Steve Shrippa, Rod Gilbert, John Starks and model Missy Rayder .
    platessmall.jpg
    Dellapinas Blueshirts Blog
    Malik the odd man out
    First of all, cut out the profanity. If calling names and spewing venom I wouldn’t want my kids to read is where you must go, step away from the keyboard, grab a crayon and write on your wall.

As for the line combinations, Tom Renney is politely ignoring my helpful suggestion. Brandon Dubinsky remained between Jaromir Jagr and Martin Straka during the morning skate at the Verizon Center. Chris Drury was between Petr Prucha and Ryan Callahan.

Another change Renney is NOT making is on defense. Marek Malik will sit out for the third straight game as the healthy scratch. And Renney elaborated a bit on the reasons why.

“Initially, it was certainly the injury,” Renney said of the bruised ribs that kept Malik out from Nov. 3-Dec. 3. “And clearly, we were doing pretty good. And unfortunately for Marek, we’re going well, he steps back in and as he’s trying to find his game, we don’t look very good (in losses to Carolina and Toronto by a combined 10-2).

“That’s not pinning it on Marek Malik at all. That’s just looking at what had been working and trying to get back to that to try to get some traction at a key point in the season, I think.”

Renney said he has been impressed with how Malik has handled his removal from the lineup by working hard in practice and not complaining. Of course, that is far different than the reaction Malik had when he sarcastically told me following Friday’s game at Atlanta that it obviously was his fault the Rangers lost those two games because he didn’t help out with the goal-scoring.

But then, that was before Malik and Renney got together for a discussion during which the coach explained his lineup choice and told the veteran defenseman what he needed to work on.

Said Renney: “When he gets back in, I’d be hard pressed to see Harry coming back out.”

Don’t look for Sean Avery to return to the lineup until the trip to Minnesota and Colorado next week. During today’s morning skate, he couldn’t make an accurate pass or receive one cleanly. And he went to his backhand for just about every shot, obviously not yet confident in the strength in his left wrist, which underwent arthroscopic surgery Nov. 29.

platessmall.jpg
    talk about not deserving 1 point but getting 1

all turnovers so disgusting

ughhhhhhhhh

lazy stick checking
    wow

looks like brashear polished colton orrs clock !

whoaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wow

looks like brashear polished colton orrs clock !

whoaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he already had that eye,,but he did get him good in the 2nd half of the fight

at least he fought him
    maybe Shanny shouldve taken him on ( again )

:D
    platessmall.jpg
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    he already had that eye,,but he did get him good in the 2nd half of the fight

at least he fought him

Orr got beaten worse than a redheaded step child!!! :p

Not sure what fight you were watching any punches Orr landed were right at the beggining ....I know you can't get utube at work but I thought you may want to watch this again when you get home :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2_HEa4bUEA
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hawkshore wrote:

Not sure what fight you were watching any punches Orr landed were right at the beggining ....I know you can't get utube at work but I thought you may want to watch this again when you get home :)

Sorry NY, Hawky's quite correct.
    its colton orr for gods sake

who honestly expected orr to take brashear ?
    c'mon

he handled his own, so what if he got blugeoned with like 4 quick rabbit punches directly to his cranium before the scrum was over with ?

:confused::confused::confused:
    platessmall.jpg
    Hawkshore wrote:

i meant brashear beat him up in the 2nd half
    Rygar wrote:
    Sorry NY, Hawky's quite correct.

i know he is, my words were taken the wrong way

brash got him good in the 2nd half
    Hawkshore wrote:

maybe we'll send shanny out to punch him from behind and slam his head into the ice ....

o wait...... wrong team
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    maybe we'll send shanny out to punch him from behind and slam his head into the ice ....

o wait...... wrong team
    Up to date, your jab doesn't work...still the wrong team.
    Rygar wrote:
    Up to date, your jab doesn't work...still the wrong team.

what are u talking bout willis?
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    what are u talking bout willis?
    Goes for Anaheim now Bruce.
    Rygar wrote:
    Goes for Anaheim now Bruce.

threw the cheap shot when ordered by the canucks