B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    threw the cheap shot when ordered by the canucks
    That hasn't been proven.
    Even the speculation says Crawford said it, not the team.

Besides, Moore's sueing everyone for everything, it's getting hard to believe a lot of what he says. His fucking parents sued Bert for an insane amount of money for 'mental damages' for seeing it happen on tv...
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Rygar wrote:
    That hasn't been proven.
    Even the speculation says Crawford said it, not the team.

Besides, Moore's sueing everyone for everything, it's getting hard to believe a lot of what he says. His fucking parents sued Bert for an insane amount of money for 'mental damages' for seeing it happen on tv...

regardless ,, he did it while playing with the canucks wheter ordered or not

plain as day cheap and dirty
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    regardless ,, he did it while playing with the canucks wheter ordered or not

plain as day cheap and dirty
    Definitely cheap and dirty. But put the blame where blame is obvious (and/or proven) - Bert.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    anyone catch the player profiles MSG has been displaying during the games ?

do any of these guys watch any movies without Will Ferrel in them ? hey almost to the man- every one on this team names Will Ferrell as their favorite actor- dont these guys know who Will Smith or Matt Damon are ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Hey Bathy, your Rags are getting hosed in the NHL battle game thread.
    Might want to gather the troops and get in there ;)
    Rygar wrote:

just like this thread.

there were sporatic ranger fans joining in here also, but then life kicks in and guys get lost.

that battle game is futile for us, i hope the Rangers season doesnt follow thru as well.

i dont know what happened to moster, captain spaz, some of the others,

but i'll still be around .
    the battle gtame has everyone on the left coast just going against the Rs, thats okay.

they choose to hate, mostly because theyre all jealous of the original 6 team that is the New York Rangers , maybe theyre all Van fans still bitter about 94.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    just like this thread.

there were sporatic ranger fans joining in here also, but then life kicks in and guys get lost.

that battle game is futile for us, i hope the Rangers season doesnt follow thru as well.

i dont know what happened to moster, captain spaz, some of the others,

but i'll still be around .
    the battle gtame has everyone on the left coast just going against the Rs, thats okay.

they choose to hate, mostly because theyre all jealous of the original 6 team that is the New York Rangers , maybe theyre all Van fans still bitter about 94.
    If that's the case, they were really, REALLY jealous of the Habs ;)
    Rygar wrote:

like i said when ur hated ,,their is a reason (tradition) or jealousy

just like ur habs
    first appearance as coach behind the bench tomorrow.

looking forward to it, hopefully we can get a regualtion " W " . ( for a change )
    platessmall.jpg
  • his team is looking decent today in jersey. hossa has the flu but lundqvist appears to be done with his flu. although i might start valiquette to give lundqvist five days off before pittsburgh.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    his team is looking decent today in jersey. hossa has the flu but lundqvist appears to be done with his flu. although i might start valiquette to give lundqvist five days off before pittsburgh.

is there any truth to the report that Henrik may have a wrist injury himself?
    platessmall.jpg
    and another 5pm drop of the puck

to face The Great Ones Coyotes,

who must be tired by now,

after beating up on Los Diablos yesterday afternoon.
    platessmall.jpg
  • ON a runway model or an Upper East Side debutante, black nail polish might seem a nod to vampy elegance. On a professional hockey player — even one balancing rock shrimp tempura on chopsticks, as Sean Avery, a left wing for the New York Rangers, was doing on a recent Monday night — the look is a little more menacing.

“It’s my fighting hand,” Mr. Avery, 27, said over dinner at Nobu Next Door. Traded to the Rangers from the Los Angeles Kings in February, he was explaining how he paints his nails to intimidate opponents before he tussles on the ice. And being feisty and hot-headed, that’s often.

Out on the town with him, however, one wonders what Mr. Avery has to be so surly about. Mr. Avery has spent much of his career squiring around girlfriends like Rachel Hunter and Elisha Cuthbert. Equally at home in the penalty box or the front row of a Calvin Klein show, he has become the rarest of sports subspecies: the boldface hockey bruiser.

“In a way, I want to make our sport cooler,” Mr. Avery said of his high-profile exploits.

The fans at Madison Square Garden don’t need to be sold. Earlier that Monday, the muscular Mr. Avery, dressed in a black V-neck while recovering from wrist surgery, had made a surprise appearance in the raucous upper ring of the arena known as the “blue seats” during a game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

“Do I really need two security guards?” he asked the Rangers publicist leading the expedition.

“Hey, you’re a rock star,” the publicist said. Minutes later, a sea of fans in blue jerseys had swallowed Mr. Avery, chanting his name.

Later, over a low-key dinner, Mr. Avery was joined by Jeffrey Goldstein, who runs the downtown clothing shop Blue & Cream, and Mr. Goldstein’s girlfriend, Samantha Greenes. Halfway through the meal, Matt Abramcyk, a proprietor of the Beatrice Inn, the West Village hipster hideaway, slid into a banquette, eager to talk hockey.

“I’ve been a fan said I was 4,” said Mr. Abramcyk, dressed in a fedora that Mr. Avery said made him look “like one of the guys in The Band.”

“I’d rather hang myself than talk about sports,” Mr. Avery said. He turned the conversation to the New Museum of Contemporary Art downtown.

His friends ribbed him about his unjock-like sensibilities, most visible in his usual fashion palette: black, highlighted by accents of black.

“I’m a dark guy,” Mr. Avery said. “I like that funereal feel.”

That taste extends beyond clothing. Mr. Avery admitted that he drives his teammates crazy by cranking up Sigur Ros, the moody Icelandic rock band, before games. “The more sad the music, the better,” he explained.

After dinner, Mr. Avery and his friends strolled to Smith & Mills, a new restaurant owned partly by Mr. Abramcyk, for a few British ales. It was a quiet evening for a guy whose romantic life, like his on-ice confrontations, often ends up in the tabloids. While recent reports on celebrity Web sites have linked him to Mary-Kate Olsen (he says they are just friends), Mr. Avery says he is single and happy with life in New York.

So why all the rage on the ice?

“I get my anger out at work,” he said, eyeing an attractive brunette in the corner of the bar, “so I can relax afterward.”
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    ON a runway model or an Upper East Side debutante, black nail polish might seem a nod to vampy elegance. On a professional hockey player — even one balancing rock shrimp tempura on chopsticks, as Sean Avery, a left wing for the New York Rangers, was doing on a recent Monday night — the look is a little more menacing.

“It’s my fighting hand,” Mr. Avery, 27, said over dinner at Nobu Next Door. Traded to the Rangers from the Los Angeles Kings in February, he was explaining how he paints his nails to intimidate opponents before he tussles on the ice. And being feisty and hot-headed, that’s often.

Out on the town with him, however, one wonders what Mr. Avery has to be so surly about. Mr. Avery has spent much of his career squiring around girlfriends like Rachel Hunter and Elisha Cuthbert. Equally at home in the penalty box or the front row of a Calvin Klein show, he has become the rarest of sports subspecies: the boldface hockey bruiser.

“In a way, I want to make our sport cooler,” Mr. Avery said of his high-profile exploits.

The fans at Madison Square Garden don’t need to be sold. Earlier that Monday, the muscular Mr. Avery, dressed in a black V-neck while recovering from wrist surgery, had made a surprise appearance in the raucous upper ring of the arena known as the “blue seats” during a game against the Carolina Hurricanes.

“Do I really need two security guards?” he asked the Rangers publicist leading the expedition.

“Hey, you’re a rock star,” the publicist said. Minutes later, a sea of fans in blue jerseys had swallowed Mr. Avery, chanting his name.

Later, over a low-key dinner, Mr. Avery was joined by Jeffrey Goldstein, who runs the downtown clothing shop Blue & Cream, and Mr. Goldstein’s girlfriend, Samantha Greenes. Halfway through the meal, Matt Abramcyk, a proprietor of the Beatrice Inn, the West Village hipster hideaway, slid into a banquette, eager to talk hockey.

“I’ve been a fan said I was 4,” said Mr. Abramcyk, dressed in a fedora that Mr. Avery said made him look “like one of the guys in The Band.”

“I’d rather hang myself than talk about sports,” Mr. Avery said. He turned the conversation to the New Museum of Contemporary Art downtown.

His friends ribbed him about his unjock-like sensibilities, most visible in his usual fashion palette: black, highlighted by accents of black.

“I’m a dark guy,” Mr. Avery said. “I like that funereal feel.”

That taste extends beyond clothing. Mr. Avery admitted that he drives his teammates crazy by cranking up Sigur Ros, the moody Icelandic rock band, before games. “The more sad the music, the better,” he explained.

After dinner, Mr. Avery and his friends strolled to Smith & Mills, a new restaurant owned partly by Mr. Abramcyk, for a few British ales. It was a quiet evening for a guy whose romantic life, like his on-ice confrontations, often ends up in the tabloids. While recent reports on celebrity Web sites have linked him to Mary-Kate Olsen (he says they are just friends), Mr. Avery says he is single and happy with life in New York.

So why all the rage on the ice?

“I get my anger out at work,” he said, eyeing an attractive brunette in the corner of the bar, “so I can relax afterward.”

i saw this times piece.
    you gotta love sean avery

( since he's wearing the blue white and red )
    platessmall.jpg

YA GOTTA LOVE US !!!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!
    NY PJ1 wrote:

YA GOTTA LOVE US !!!!

LET'S GO RANGER'S !!

heres the photo that accompanied that piece:

are you in this - or maybe some of your fellow Blue- Seaters in your section(s)

16nite600.1.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    its hard to comprehend how we could be down 5-0 after 2 .
    this teams chemistry is missing,
    lets hope they can sort this out and fast
    before playoffs come and go without them.
    we look perplexed and slow
    after being off for a few days.
    somethings wrong here
    platessmall.jpg
    disgusting ,,,,
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    disgusting ,,,,

It's a long season

All you need to do is get into the playoffs
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Hockeybirds Rant

Where's The Passion?
    I would love to post a bunch of legit excuses as to why the Rangers sucked male moose appendage in yesterday's 5-1 horrible loss at MSG.

But I can't.

I watched a completely uninspired NY Ranger team fold in front of what the records suggest is one of the worst teams in the league. A damn near repeat of the loss vs. the Caps. Oh sure, the Rangers scored a few vs. the Caps but it was clear that the passion wasn't there. It sure wasn't on display last night. Why?

Some will say that without Sean Avery the Rangers are a different team. OK, I can read the stats.....but why is this so? Is this the old "hit by a truck" theory? You know, if so and so is hit by a truck....all is lost. It used to be Jagr, then it was Henke and now Avery. If anyone of these guys go down are we doomed to lose?

Steve Valiquette was the victim of a fluke deflection on the first goal fer sure....but he didn't play well. So this team played poorly from the crease on out. No pride, no passion, no hitting. I was pleased with the physical game I had seen from this team earlier this season....where did it go?

The Rangers did not send out their "A" team yesterday, nor did they play their "A" game. Instead it was a real stinker. Ranger fans have a right to be pissed off. A team that plays with passion and hits will get cheered win or lose. A team that just shows up lifeless will get booed every time. The time to step up is now.......well,

......I'm waiting.

----}- Bird
    platessmall.jpg
    When Sean Avery plays multiple shifts in a game, the Blueshirts are 9-3-1 and none of those losses was by more than a one-goal margin. Without Avery, the record is 7-10-2 and eight of those ten losses were by more than one goal.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hockeybirds Rant

Where's The Passion?
    I would love to post a bunch of legit excuses as to why the Rangers sucked male moose appendage in yesterday's 5-1 horrible loss at MSG.

But I can't.

I watched a completely uninspired NY Ranger team fold in front of what the records suggest is one of the worst teams in the league. A damn near repeat of the loss vs. the Caps. Oh sure, the Rangers scored a few vs. the Caps but it was clear that the passion wasn't there. It sure wasn't on display last night. Why?

Some will say that without Sean Avery the Rangers are a different team. OK, I can read the stats.....but why is this so? Is this the old "hit by a truck" theory? You know, if so and so is hit by a truck....all is lost. It used to be Jagr, then it was Henke and now Avery. If anyone of these guys go down are we doomed to lose?

Steve Valiquette was the victim of a fluke deflection on the first goal fer sure....but he didn't play well. So this team played poorly from the crease on out. No pride, no passion, no hitting. I was pleased with the physical game I had seen from this team earlier this season....where did it go?

The Rangers did not send out their "A" team yesterday, nor did they play their "A" game. Instead it was a real stinker. Ranger fans have a right to be pissed off. A team that plays with passion and hits will get cheered win or lose. A team that just shows up lifeless will get booed every time. The time to step up is now.......well,

......I'm waiting.

----}- Bird

that about sums it up
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that about sums it up

totally.

there are alot of problems right now, but i think they need to go out and get a dependable backup ASAP.
  • Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Hello fellow Ranger fans,

Hope someone can help me out. I'm looking for a single ticket for the 12/26 game vs. Carolina. Any season ticket holders or someone with an extra ticket on this board?

Thanks
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    heres the photo that accompanied that piece:

are you in this - or maybe some of your fellow Blue- Seaters in your section(s)

16nite600.1.jpg

what section was this?! this looks like my new seats...i sat in 344 for the past years, this is my first year in 307
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    what section was this?! this looks like my new seats...i sat in 344 for the past years, this is my first year in 307

not really sure
    it was in the times
    alltho i can see the low cieling in the distance- which tells me it is up there- at least 300 something or maybe even 400 something .

now lets get going against the penguins tonight.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg
    December 18, 2007
    Shanahan Has Jagr's Back
    UPDATE: Lundqvist is ready to start tonight, so Montoya goes back to Hartford. Malik and Hossa to be scratched. Gomez likely to center Jagr, at least to start the game. Thanks to Rangers Report and Blue Notes for the news from the morning skate.
    platessmall.jpg
  • On the verge of getting free tickets to the sold out Oilers/Rangers game for Saturday January 5th....should be a beauty game...plus its on Saturday night so that means HNIC....I love going to HNIC games....best atmosphere for a game.

This is the second most popular ticket of the year (next to Penguins game a couple weeks ago).
  • it was rather obvious from the get-go that gomez, jagr and straka were rolling. five points, 13 shots on goal tonight for those guys.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

it in the blues next to sam rosen and joe. m

417 or 418