B R O A D W A Y***B L U E S H I R T S

Comments

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i remember many problems last season when games are broadcast on the MSG 2 Network.

I dread these games.

Heres the spillover for anyone who is interested / affected

http://www.nyoverflow.com/

Marbury's triumphant return??? :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The MSG 2 covergae is awful.

I have full video, but they are playing the audio feed from the islander broadcast ( deb kaufman and howie rose pregame stuff )

Pfffffft
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    14501.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    14501.jpg

in the end, the Rangers had their tenth win in their last twelve games -- having beaten all comers except for the Islanders (who with another ugly Ranger hangover loss proved that they leave it all on the ice when they face the Rangers). And as they look at their fourth-best standing in the league and their league-best goals against average on the eve of Thanksgiving, they know that they have to thank Hank for that.
    platessmall.jpg
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    good win last night

ANY NEWS ON AVERY?? PLEASE POST WHEN ANYONE HEARS ANYTHING

it didnt look good ,i hate to be negative but it looks like something may have broke in his hand or wrist ... i hope im wrong

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BOYS

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    good win last night

ANY NEWS ON AVERY?? PLEASE POST WHEN ANYONE HEARS ANYTHING

it didnt look good ,i hate to be negative but it looks like something may have broke in his hand or wrist ... i hope im wrong

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BOYS

LET'S GO RANGER'S!!

The preliminary reports from x rays were negetive ( meaning no fractures or broken bones )
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The preliminary reports from x rays were negetive ( meaning no fractures or broken bones )

for sure ? on a blog?

just nervous lol
    pitt ottawa going to o.t.

i love the nhl package
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    for sure ? on a blog?

just nervous lol

Dont Be Nervous ( about avery )
    HE'S 'LIGHTS' OUT
    HENRIK & CO. TOP TAMPA
    By LARRY BROOKS
    FINISHING TOUCH: Ranger goalie Henrik Lundqvist is congratulated by teammate Paul Mara in Tampa last night after the Blueshirts' 2-1 winover the Lightning.November 22, 2007 -- TAMPA - In the showdown between the irresistible force known as Vincent Lecavalier and the immovable object that is King Henrik Lundqvist, the goaltender stood his ground and the center's might was resisted.

This can be documented by the Blueshirts' 2-1 victory here last night against a Lightning team that had scored 24 goals in its previous five games and came into the match as the highest-scoring team in the East and the second-highest scoring team in the NHL at 3.4 goals per.

This can be documented by virtue of the fact that Lecavalier, who came into the match with a multi-point game streak of eight (7-14-21) - the longest such string in 12 seasons - was held off the board by a combination of Lundqvist's excellence and the Blueshirts' commitment to a defense-first game.

"I read on the [grease] board in here before the game that he had a lot of points in a row, but I didn't think about that too much; I had a lot of focus on my own game," said the King, whose bid for a fifth shutout was spoiled with 16.7 seconds remaining.

"The last couple of games I felt like I was OK, not great, so I played a little deeper and was more square. It worked for me."

It worked for Lundqvist, who made 32 saves, and it worked for the Rangers, who lead the NHL in goals-against at 1.79 per and have held opponents to two goals or fewer in 16 of their 22 matches this season.

That's reflective of more than goaltending. That's reflective of a structure.

"We want teams to say, "It's going to be tough to score on this [Ranger] team tonight," said Paul Mara, who played 24:02 paired with Marc Staal in the absence of Michal Rozsival (sore knee).

This offensive powerhouse received nothing from Scott Gomez, who was dreadful with the puck all night long. There was little from Jaromir Jagr. And while Chris Drury was more assertive in the offensive zone as left wing with Jagr and Brandon Dubinsky, the Blueshirts got their goals from Fedor Tyutin and Colton Orr.

Orr, who scored what proved to be the winner at 2:05 of the third using Brendan Shanahan's stick after breaking his own, not only got his first goal of the season, but he also was effective when he and linemates Blair Betts and Ryan Hollweg were matched against Lecavalier and his revolving sets of wings.

Indeed, Ranger coach Tom Renney sent the Betts line on for the final 16.7 seconds after Michel Oulette's deflection brought the Lightning within a goal.

"It was great for me to get the goal, but our primary responsibility is not to be scored on," said Orr.

"We don't want to let anybody down."

The Rangers didn't let anyone do much of anything.

Sean Avery left the game with just under 6:00 to play when he was struck in the left hand by a Shanahan drive. Preliminary X-rays were negative.

larry.brooksnypost.com

Rangers 2 Lightning 1
    platessmall.jpg
    thanx andy bathgate lol
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Reading the local NY papers this morning all those quotes about Jagr and how frustrated he is apparently has to do with his contract situation. He gets about eight million and change automatically next year if he wins one of the main trophys or gets 87 points and the team wins the first round of the playoffs. So this slow start has him all out of whack. Hopefully with Straka returning tonight and on his line Jagr can just shut up and put the puck in the net.
    Jw
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Reading the local NY papers this morning all those quotes about Jagr and how frustrated he is apparently has to do with his contract situation. He gets about eight million and change automatically next year if he wins one of the main trophys or gets 87 points and the team wins the first round of the playoffs. So this slow start has him all out of whack. Hopefully with Straka returning tonight and on his line Jagr can just shut up and put the puck in the net.
    Jw

that's why i hate contracts that have those special "incentives." when jagr struggles... it becomes all about him, not the team. all he is thinking about is his contract and how much $ he is going to cash in at the end of the season. terrible mindset for a captain. hopefully straka can get his mind elsewhere.
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

yea but we cant worry about that now,,

and if he is worrying then he needs to go next year

anyway straka should be back

great coverage on avery :confused:
    No Rangers team has won six consecutive road games since 1993-94.
    We all know what happened back then .

:)
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

they won 16 playoff games...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Bathgate66 wrote:

yeah, brian noonan got robbed out of the game winner in game 7! messier never touched the puck!

(i seriously think this)
    My Dad has been saying that since the morning after the game, and still brings it up everytime the clip is shown.
    Jwmcc wrote:
    My Dad has been saying that since the morning after the game, and still brings it up everytime the clip is shown.

i will always think it's noonan's goal!
    IT WAS NOONAN'S GOAL but its fitting that messier gets credit :)

think about matteau scores the winner to go to the cup and noonan the winner for the cup

both acquired at trade deadline
    I wish I had kept the NY Post back cover the day after those deadline deals with the players pictures on the roulette wheel and the writers ripping the team for "gambling".
    Jw
    Jwmcc wrote:
    I wish I had kept the NY Post back cover the day after those deadline deals with the players pictures on the roulette wheel and the writers ripping the team for "gambling".
    Jw

im pretty sure i still have this.
    platessmall.jpg
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

amazing trade :)
  • That is the description or lack of details from the ny times archives:

The Rangers went up by 3-1 at 13:29 of the second period on a power-play goal by Messier. Although he didn't get an assist, the goal again was created by Zubov, who moved the puck from the blue line to the slot, where Messier, Graves and Brian Noonan all had chances.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    That is the description or lack of details from the ny times archives:

The Rangers went up by 3-1 at 13:29 of the second period on a power-play goal by Messier. Although he didn't get an assist, the goal again was created by Zubov, who moved the puck from the blue line to the slot, where Messier, Graves and Brian Noonan all had chances.

ahhh... zubov. he was probably the best player on the ice that night (bold statement).
    I always thought that the other best player on the ice that night was Kovalev, probably his best overall game in a Rangers jersey.

But amazingly, despite all that, Nathan Lafeyatte(sp) was a goal post away from tying it with five minutes to go in the third.
    Jw
    ahhh... zubov. he was probably the best player on the ice that night (bold statement).

i dunno about kovalev , but i think Zubovs the only player from that Championship 94 team still playing . ( Dallas )
    platessmall.jpg
  • no he's not, kovalev is on montreal.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Bulletin

November 23, 2007
    Straka Returns to Help Jagr
    The Rangers complete their Thanksgiving road trip to Florida when they face the Panthers tonight, looking for a two-game sweep. Their opponents have won two straight and three of their last four, but two of those wins were against the league-worst Washington Capitals and their most recent win was against the slumping Blue Jackets, who have won only once in their last eight games. The Rangers will be a more formidable test, having won ten of their last dozen. To best their hosts, the Rangers will have to stop Florida's power play, fourth best in the league and especially effective (over 25%) at home. They have the penalty killing to do it (third best in the NHL), and they can of course nip the Panther power play in the bud by not taking too many penalties (the Panthers don't get as many as most other teams).

The Rangers could make life easier for themselves by scoring some power play goals of their own. Bolstering their cause tonight will be the return to action of Martin Straka after missing sixteen games with a broken finger. Straka will rejoin Jaromir Jagr on the top line -- no word yet on whether he'll replace Chris Drury on left wing or Brandon Dubinsky at center. That should hopefully help Jagr get out of his scoring funk (one goal and one assist in his last six games, both in New Jersey, and only four shots on goal in total in the other five games) -- see the Daily News and Post for more on Jagr. No word yet either on the status of Michal Rozsival (sore knee) and Sean Avery (hand) for tonight's game, which will affect Ivan Baranka's and Greg Moore's chances of playing their second NHL games.

In other reading, the New York Sun discusses the Rangers' line configurations, NYR.com has a game preview, and the Hockey News has another humorous article on trash talking inspired by Avery. Hartford has recalled both Miika Wiikman and Matt Zaba from Charlotte to replace injured Al Montoya and Chris Holt -- see the notes at the bottom of an unrelated article in the Courant, a press release at WP.com, and Howlings. And for a preview of this weekend's upcoming prospect action, see Prospect Park.

Posted by Dubi on November 23, 2007 at 12:52 PM | Permalink | Comments (13)
    platessmall.jpg
    Jwmcc wrote:
    I always thought that the other best player on the ice that night was Kovalev, probably his best overall game in a Rangers jersey.

But amazingly, despite all that, Nathan Lafeyatte(sp) was a goal post away from tying it with five minutes to go in the third.
    Jw

yeah, the way i look at it is, kevin lowe hit the post as well... so it all evens out!
    valli stole us a point, singlehandedly tonight.

did i hear that straka left the game in the late part ?

guess his return didnt go too well if thats the case.

that sucks.

Lets Go Rangers
    platessmall.jpg