2007 Yankees

Comments

• JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    I HOPE YOU FUCKERS PULL THIS OUT!

Red Sox fans want the fucking Yankees, not the Indians. For the first time in my life, I am actually rooting for the Yankees.

really?!?!? i want the yanks bounced out as soon as possible. hoping for tonight. maybe steinbrenner will fire him before he walks down the tunnel to the clubhouse.

torre using joba for 2 innings last night is going to hurt tonight.

will be interesting to see what chien-ming wang does on 3 days rest. the yanks best hope is that his sinker actually sinks tonight unlike game 1.
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    JSBE wrote:
    really?!?!? i want the yanks bounced out as soon as possible. hoping for tonight. maybe steinbrenner will fire him before he walks down the tunnel to the clubhouse.

torre using joba for 2 innings last night is going to hurt tonight.

will be interesting to see what chien-ming wang does on 3 days rest. the yanks best hope is that his sinker actually sinks tonight unlike game 1.

Game 5(if there is one) can best be summed up in 2 words: Sabathia & Carmona
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Game 5(if there is one) can best be summed up in 2 words: Sabathia & Carmona

i totally agree, but i would figure no cleveland indians fan (or anti-yankees fan) wants the series to GET to a game 5.

***edit***

actually, i take that back. i hope the series goes to a game 5 - a six-hour, 18 inning game where everyone is used, including position players that need to come in and pitch, so the ultimate winning team's roster is so screwed up come this friday night in boston vs. josh beckett and the red sox.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    JSBE wrote:
    i totally agree, but i would figure no cleveland indians fan (or anti-yankees fan) wants the series to GET to a game 5.

***edit***

actually, i take that back. i hope the series goes to a game 5 - a six-hour, 18 inning game where everyone is used, including position players that need to come in and pitch, so the ultimate winning team's roster is so screwed up come this friday night in boston vs. josh beckett and the red sox.

Yeah, if the series goes 5, the Sox will either face Westbrook if you figure both CC and Carmona pitch for the Indians in Game 5 or either Mussina or Hughes in Game 1 on Friday. I'll take my chances with Beckett against either of those.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Beat The Byrd !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Solat13 wrote:
    Yeah, if the series goes 5, the Sox will either face Westbrook if you figure both CC and Carmona pitch for the Indians in Game 5 or either Mussina or Hughes in Game 1 on Friday. I'll take my chances with Beckett against either of those.

speaking as a tigers fan who has spent the season watching a future all-star dominate (verlander), id take my chances with beckett against anyone. i've never seen anybody like him.
  • Lineups are posted. MWicz starts, no surprise with Wang on the mound. Matsui starts at DH, Giambi on the bench. For the Indians, Paul Byrd gets his personal catcher tonight, Kelly Shoppach, which moves Martinez to 1st, Garko to the bench to start the game. Martinez will probably move behind the plate when Byrd leaves the game, but that could be dangerous. Do the Indians have a 3rd catcher, or an emergency guy if Martinez were to get hurt after Shoppach leaves the game?
  • Phil Hughes is being interviewed live on the YES network right now
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I'm tired as hell, but last night was fucking awesome! I'm glad I made the drive up and back for the game. Hopefully I'll be doing it next week for ALCS Game 4 :D
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Solat13 wrote:

I'd play Westbrook on Friday against Beckett, if we are to make it, and save Sabathia & Carmona for Dice-K or someone else. Beckett will be pitching on full rest, at Fenway....I don't even know if Sabathia could out-duel him unless he got incredible run support.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    hey, where's Allie tonight?
    Hey!
    here I is :) Thanks for thinking of me!

Ok let's recap

Johnny f-ing Damon, Hell yeah baby
    My baby DJ is in a little slump but he's due, he's coming out strong tonight

Hughes was IMPRESSIVE. I agreed w/bringing in Joba, we had to have that one...he couldn't rely on anyone else in the bullpen
    I don't like the way George is running his mouth about Joe but that's vintage George, that's the way he does things. Apparently, it worked. Joe doesn't deserve all that though.

I liked the idea of thinking of starting Moose too, but Wang has been the #1 guy, I think Moose will be in the bullpen and ready to go if Wang has any trouble.

Gosh what a relief it was to be WOOO HOOOOING about a victory! Geesh!!!!
    Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!

PS-Roger knew he didn't have jack, you could tell in his interviews. He was running on fumes. We're lucky he 'only' gave up 3 runs. He shouldn't have started.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    stpmattb wrote:
    I'm tired as hell, but last night was fucking awesome! I'm glad I made the drive up and back for the game. Hopefully I'll be doing it next week for ALCS Game 4 :D
    Hey! You WERE the good luck charm! High Five! Nice work?

Ok-now the big question! Where did you get your pizza?!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    good to have u back Allie! :D u were missed last night amidst all the yankee talk...hell even metsy was being supportive! lol!

Im ready .....lets do this!!!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    stickboy wrote:
    good to have u back Allie! :D u were missed last night amidst all the yankee talk...hell even metsy was being supportive! lol!

Im ready .....lets do this!!!

Aw, cool, thanks! :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    just heard Clemens is done even for next series...Ron Villones taking his spot???
    wtf? :(
    stickboy wrote:
    just heard Clemens is done even for next series...Ron Villones taking his spot???
    wtf? :(
    Ron Villone? Oy

They said they took him out last night b/c he pulled his hammy again. I think he still wasn't 100% even when he started....

well let's take 1 step at a time..
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    yea...hamstring...woulda been nice if we made it to fenway and he pitched one last time,but fuck it, whatever its not about him anymore...lets just win!

I like the poll espn just had

which is the most hated team in america

cowboys
    or
    yankees?

thats a joke right?

ok, cowboys have only 5 championships, we have.....I forget...like 26 and counting and I mean nobody hates the cowboys in football like the red sox and the fans hate us. Theres more reasons to be more hated...I think I take pride in that! (could be a certain arrogance we have ...its not our fault, the yankees gave us that right!)
    Im gonna go vote yankees! :D
    stickboy wrote:
    yea...hamstring...woulda been nice if we made it to fenway and he pitched one last time,but fuck it, whatever its not about him anymore...lets just win!

I like the poll espn just had

which is the most hated team in america

cowboys
    or
    yankees?

thats a joke right?

ok, cowboys have only 5 championships, we have.....I forget...like 26 and counting and I mean nobody hates the cowboys in football like the red sox and the fans hate us. Theres more reasons to be more hated...I think I take pride in that! (could be a certain arrogance we have ...its not our fault, the yankees gave us that right!)
    Im gonna go vote yankees! :D

I don't know enough about football to comment accurately but it's not just Sox fans that hate us! Everybody seems to hate us!:)

I know the Cleveland folks are not fans of us :)

for Clemens I would love to see a Yanks Red Sox ALCS
    I bet he'd find a way to get himself in a game in Fenway :)

edit: Oh I see he's off the roster altogether. Wow.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    I don't know enough about football to comment accurately but it's not just Sox fans that hate us! Everybody seems to hate us!:)

I know the Cleveland folks are not fans of us :)

for Clemens I would love to see a Yanks Red Sox ALCS
    I bet he'd find a way to get himself in a game in Fenway :)
    ooh yea...u gotta see my boy. He's a Marlins fan and....he's got some bragging rights cause u know...whatever..good on them, but we get crazy and nasty with the debates...like "your team has like 5 fans all yr and the ones that come to the games are NY transplants anyways...or your team will be gone in a few yrs"...needless to say he was mad last week cause I told him in may when we whre 14 and a half games behind talk to me in October if u wanna talk shit now. He hasnt even called me yet...he's waiting for us to get knocked out.....HATING!
    lmao!
    ittt gets ugly!
    and I always feel like Tony Montana afterwards

"THERE goes the Bad guy..."
    whatd I do??? I grew up on a team that sucked and the Mets got all the publicity in the 80's
    so theyre mad at me... cause my teams better now, lol
    pffffttt
    stickboy wrote:
    ooh yea...u gotta see my boy. He's a Marlins fan and....he's got some bragging rights cause u know...whatever..good on them, but we get crazy and nasty with the debates...like "your team has like 5 fans all yr and the ones that come to the games are NY transplants anyways...or your team will be gone in a few yrs"...needless to say he was mad last week cause I told him in may when we whre 14 and a half games behind talk to me in October if u wanna talk shit now. He hasnt even called me yet...he's waiting for us to get knocked out.....HATING!
    lmao!
    ittt gets ugly!
    and I always feel like Tony Montana afterwards

"THERE goes the Bad guy..."
    whatd I do??? I grew up on a team that sucked and the Mets got all the publicity in the 80's
    so theyre mad at me... cause my teams better now, lol
    pffffttt

LOL!
    what's to brag about the Marlins? They've won 2 championships in 10 years and they eliminated the Mets? Whoop dee doo.
    Ask him how Josh Beckett is doing ;)

that is so true, I saw the Marlins lowlights on the news down there and the stands stay EMPTY!!

Do you have the season pass to see the YES Network? Michael Kay just interviewed DJ. He said he likes Cleveland and he wants to go back!

And Paulie is working for them too..he is literally shocked Wedge is starting Byrd instead of Sabathia.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    See ya Wang......
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    Oh crap.
    Get Moose up!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    well conveniently he becomes red sox fan cause of Beckett when his teams not in it.

Wang needs to calm the fuck down :mad:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    TrixieCat wrote:
    See ya Wang......

he needs to keep the ball down.
    I miss igotid88
    stickboy wrote:
    well conveniently he becomes red sox fan cause of Beckett when his teams not in it.

Wang needs to calm the fuck down :mad:

Oh GOD, lol, that's selling out, don't you think?! :)

We need to get Moose up right this second... no playing around...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    f-in A !

MAN! UGH!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie wrote:
    Oh GOD, lol, that's selling out, don't you think?! :)

We need to get Moose up right this second... no playing around...
    yea it happens quite often when youre a yankee hater more than a fan of your own team. Im used to it :p

whatever, we need the bats to come out blazing right now. Then if Wang has trouble next inning too, get moose up in the pen
    stickboy wrote:
    yea it happens quite often when youre a yankee hater more than a fan of your own team. Im used to it :p

whatever, we need the bats to come out blazing right now. Then if Wang has trouble next inning too, get moose up in the pen

YEAH! Good start so far
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Un-Fu*(ing believable.....the dude went to bunt.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Un-Fu*(ing believable.....the dude went to bunt.
    no it's not suicide squeeze when we don't expect it, 1st hitter Moose faces

Not a bad idea on their part actually

NICE DP.

I didn't like Wang starting, to be honest :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!