2007 Yankees

Comments

• I know just what's gonna happen. The Yankees are about to beat the pants off the redsucks.

no lie....
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    stickboy wrote:
    niiiice!

see ya tomorrow night!
    :D:D:D

Pfft.
    That's a classic line from game six in the '91 WS. It doesn't qualify in this situation.

That said,

good luck spankees.

It'll be nice to forget about baseball for awhile after tomorrow night, eh Joe Torre?

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    did one of your teams get swept or something? or does ur team not have as many championships and playoff appearances as ours?
    u sound mad

and we're still in the playoffs
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Bush was impeached?

haha good one.
    I miss igotid88
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    again i just never liked him,, he is awesome dont get me wrong
    but i just dont think he is a money player ,,he stinks when it counts

they can use his 30 mil a year on 3 players

yea 54 hr 156 rbi and 143 r of not hitting when it counts.
    I miss igotid88
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    igotid88 wrote:
    yea 54 hr 156 rbi and 143 r of not hitting when it counts.

he had 2 hits tonight

we need him 2 come up bigevery game we play the rest of the way
    AstroFan wrote:
    I pointed out that up to the point when I made my post, ARod had not struggled anymore than Jeter(or Posada) had in this series, and I posted stats to back up my claims. Considering Jeter has since cost his team a run on defense, and grounded into two double plays, I feel fine with what I said.

Now if you want to talk about performances prior to this series, you may want to think about the fact that without A-Rod this year, Yankee fans wouldn't have to worry about any kind of postseason performance at all.

Using a line like "get a clue" seems a bit silly when your stance will be, at best, debatable.

eveyone forgets Alex had an over .300 avg in the playoffs before. But they always seem to forget that. And when Jeter is not doing well. They go to his past performance. Jeter nearly lost the game today. I predict both will have a big game tomorrow.
    I miss igotid88
  • hmmm, didn't hear much from inmyrvm, DAnimal or drew0 much after the 4th inning tonight, huh? That's odd. Maybe they just went to bed early?
    hmmm, didn't hear much from inmyrvm, DAnimal or drew0 much after the 4th inning tonight, huh? That's odd. Maybe they just went to bed early?

they were all drunk and throwing up ;)
  • igotid88 wrote:
    well if that's true he would've asked to be traded last year. he wants to prove he can win here. until he does that he's gonna stay.

big difference between asking to be traded and opting out to become a free agent. he can opt out and command $200 to $300 million on top of what he has already earned. My feeling is, either way I'm ok with it. If he stays, the yankees have a .300, 45 HR 130 RBI 3B for the next 3 years under a great contract. If he opts out, then the team has money to spend in other areas, and he can go waste away somewhere else. They did just fine before he got here, and will survive without him. Cashman has already stated that his days as a Yankee are over the second he opts out, as the team is not willing to lose the $10 million they get towards his salary each year from Texas.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    again i just never liked him,, he is awesome dont get me wrong
    but i just dont think he is a money player ,,he stinks when it counts

they can use his 30 mil a year on 3 players

As stated above, I could not possibly agree more.
    As stated above, I could not possibly agree more.

w/ out a doubt unless we win it all and he helps
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea derek jeter has actually contributed and won stuff in his career

seriously get a clue.

and whats up with George thinking he's baseball's god

"He won't umpire our games anymore," Steinbrenner said.

=

good points about Jeter. I didn't here the Steinbrenner quotes, and I don't know where they came from. Is it possible he said them cause Froemming is retiring after this year?
    big difference between asking to be traded and opting out to become a free agent. he can opt out and command $200 to $300 million on top of what he has already earned. My feeling is, either way I'm ok with it. If he stays, the yankees have a .300, 45 HR 130 RBI 3B for the next 3 years under a great contract. If he opts out, then the team has money to spend in other areas, and he can go waste away somewhere else. They did just fine before he got here, and will survive without him. Cashman has already stated that his days as a Yankee are over the second he opts out, as the team is not willing to lose the $10 million they get towards his salary each year from Texas.

I thought Steinbrenner said that they would. I understand that he ask for more money. But I believe that was more for if he was still in Texas. It might be a little different here. Hopefully they'll just rework the contract. I hope Boras doesn't persuade Alex to test it though. Look what he got for Barry Zito and J.D. Drew.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    I thought Steinbrenner said that they would. I understand that he ask for more money. But I believe that was more for if he was still in Texas. It might be a little different here. Hopefully they'll just rework the contract. I hope Boras doesn't persuade Alex to test it though. Look what he got for Barry Zito and J.D. Drew.

I haven't heard anything about Steinbrenner getting involved. last I heard, and this was about 2 months ago, was Cashman stating what I posted earlier. he hinted the team might be willing to add a few years to his contract, but that once he opts out, he's done. That makes sense. they have him at 3 more years, and $15-16 million per (with Texas kicking in $10 mil per) he opts out, and it will take 7-8 years, at $25-30 per. I do remember hearing that was some clause in his contract, an escaltor clause, that called for him to make more money than any other player in baseball, but he still is the highest paid player, so I don't think that's an issue. If I understand it correctly
  • Who's going to the game tomorrow? pit meetup at billy's across from stadium. I'll be there. Lets GO YANKS.
    BORGATA>VIC
    I haven't heard anything about Steinbrenner getting involved. last I heard, and this was about 2 months ago, was Cashman stating what I posted earlier. he hinted the team might be willing to add a few years to his contract, but that once he opts out, he's done. That makes sense. they have him at 3 more years, and $15-16 million per (with Texas kicking in $10 mil per) he opts out, and it will take 7-8 years, at $25-30 per. I do remember hearing that was some clause in his contract, an escaltor clause, that called for him to make more money than any other player in baseball, but he still is the highest paid player, so I don't think that's an issue. If I understand it correctly

I believe it was either yesterday or today. Along with the Joe Torre ultimatum.
    I miss igotid88
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    stickboy wrote:
    did one of your teams get swept or something? or does ur team not have as many championships and playoff appearances as ours?
    u sound mad

and we're still in the playoffs

The time is now. Now is the time.

That is all.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i love how people write of the yanks, i said bout 20 pages ago in here after game 2, that this team isnt dead.the yanks are still the yanks.whats the pitching matchup for tommrow
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    i love how people write of the yanks, i said bout 20 pages ago in here after game 2, that this team isnt dead.the yanks are still the yanks.whats the pitching matchup for tommrow

wang vs. byrd. byrd has 15 wins. But he gets 6 runs of support per start. Hopefully the fatigue will help Wang's sinker sink.
    I miss igotid88
  • metsfan wrote:
    Thanks Metfsan for your assurance It means alot...
    BORGATA>VIC
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    gue_barium wrote:
    The time is now. Now is the time.

That is all.
    not now...now were enjoying still surviving and not being swept. Tomorrow nite I'll be saying that

metsy..I have no idea who's going...they were talking about it during the game

sounds a lil crazy but Id start Moose..if they dont go with Chien man
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
    Thanks Metfsan for your assurance It means alot...
    haha good one, NOT.thanks igotid88

• metsfan wrote:
    haha good one, NOT.thanks igotid88
    Why the fuck would we care if you vouched for the yankees. it means shit. thats fine, go state that amongst yankees fans the muttsfan belived in them who gives a shit.
    BORGATA>VIC
    Why the fuck would we care if you vouched for the yankees. it means shit. thats fine, go state that amongst yankees fans the muttsfan belived in them who gives a shit.
    awwwwwww did i get under your skin are you gonna get all internet tough guy on me and come at me with witty lame ass lines.just stating a point so yanks fans dont give me shit on here and another thing stop trying to be an internet tough guy cause its very lame.

• igotid88 wrote:
    I believe it was either yesterday or today. Along with the Joe Torre ultimatum.

well, then, I don't know what to make of that. That's news to me. Has Steinbrenner had a miracle recovery? I do think that if George, or his minions, insist that ARod be signed after he opts out, then Cashman will resign. He felt very strongly about it. I can't see him going to Boras and saying: Yeah, forget that, lets talk deal. To read more about cashman's statements, check out these stories:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/08/20/cashman-to-a-rod-opt-out-and-youre-gone/

or here:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-spyinside215384234sep21,0,6598596.story

Cashman insists that any Rodriguez extension will take place before the opt-out date. The Rangers are paying more than $21 million of the money owed Rodriguez in the next three years, plus $9 million in deferred money, and the Yankees don't want to lose that.

"If we get a deal done with Alex, it will have to be before the opt-out date," Cashman said. "That's basic economics."
  • metsfan wrote:
    awwwwwww did i get under your skin are you gonna get all internet tough guy on me and come at me with witty lame ass lines.just stating a point so yanks fans dont give me shit on here and another thing stop trying to be an internet tough guy cause its very lame.
    All im saying is no one cares what you said 20 pages ago. no point in stating it
    BORGATA>VIC
    All im saying is no one cares what you said 20 pages ago. no point in stating it
    how do u know no one cares. do speak for all yankee fans on here, nah i didnt think so

• metsfan wrote:

you mean like an internet tough guy who challenegs you to meet in a CVS parking lot so you can fight? Or the the internet tough guy who cries out "Stop, or I'll personally e-mail Kat?"
  • this whole torre thing is stupid by big stein. he can do what he wants but to me torre can manage until he decides when he wants to go.

It's amazing a person the caliber of Torre, who has done so much in terms of charity, has the full backing of virtually every player that has ever played for him, anybody that has ever worked with him as a coach is fighting for his job.

All of this while a person like Isiah Thomas, who has been found guilty of sexual harrassment, has yet to win a playoff game and has never had a winning season can remain employed it's truly absurd.

anyway here's a bit of reality from torre:

"The only thing I try to do is allow my players to roll the dice out there and play, because every time we go to postseason there's nothing that's going to satisfy anybody unless you win the World Series. And that's very difficult. Those are very difficult situations for the players to play under. I understand the requirements here, but the players are human beings, and it's not machinery here. Even though they get paid a lot of money, it's still blood that runs through their veins. And my job is to try to get them to be the players they are by, you know, allowing them to understand that the best effort you can give is all you can do."
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."