2007 Yankees

Comments

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Allie02 wrote:
    Eh but he was staked to an 8-3 lead.
    We go against Josh Beckett, he's 3-0 so far...

We'll see how it goes...

Edit: They just said this Chase kid is going up against DICE K this weekend! YIPES. The Friday night game is on Yes, the Sat game is the Game of the Week on Fox, and the Sunday Night game is on ESPN. Holy crap. Oh that's the other time I yell at my tv set, other then playoffs, is during these Red Sox games.

I was in a bar w/my friend watching the game when Pedro shoved Zimmer? Holy crap, I was hooting and hollering....

No doubt the extra runs took some of the pressure off of Chase Wright Tuesday night, but he still pitched pretty well for a kid who only has had a couple of starts above A ball.
    As far as Beckett and Matsuzaka, this lineup can hit any pitcher in this league and those guys are no exception. Lets not forget how bad the Yanks bombed Beckett last year (21 earned runs in 4 starts). Sure, you'd much rather have Mussina and Wang pitching Sat. and Sun., but we they can't go so you make do with what you have.

More good news: Matsui is expected back Monday for the Tampa Bay series.
    Brian
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Arod continues to carry the team. A walk off shot to win the game.

He obviously had a little help the boys scored 6 in the 9th. A great victory today.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Arod continues to carry the team. A walk off shot to win the game.

He obviously had a little help the boys scored 6 in the 9th. A great victory today.

Damn, forgot they had an afternoon game. Looks like Rasner only gave up 1. But 81 pitches in only 4.1 innings. That's a lot of pitches for such a short outing. The bullpen is seeing a lot of action.
    Brian
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I watched the last few innings online today. The impressive thing about todays win, was that they were down 6-2 with TWO OUTS in the 9th. They scored 6 runs with two outs, that is just awesome. I'm happy for A-rod, he's off to one hell of a start.
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    Awesome game today! Anyone heading to the stadium next weekend for the Sox series? I'll be there on Friday. :)
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    JenInTheBx wrote:
    Awesome game today! Anyone heading to the stadium next weekend for the Sox series? I'll be there on Friday. :)
    awesome!
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • wow.

i guess i'll be watching yankees encore tonight...
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NCBRI wrote:
    No doubt the extra runs took some of the pressure off of Chase Wright Tuesday night, but he still pitched pretty well for a kid who only has had a couple of starts above A ball.
    As far as Beckett and Matsuzaka, this lineup can hit any pitcher in this league and those guys are no exception. Lets not forget how bad the Yanks bombed Beckett last year (21 earned runs in 4 starts). Sure, you'd much rather have Mussina and Wang pitching Sat. and Sun., but we they can't go so you make do with what you have.

More good news: Matsui is expected back Monday for the Tampa Bay series.

Fair enough, it should be a great series. That is good news about Matsui!
    I spazzed, I thought today was an off day...
    The replay is on YES right now...
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    wow

that game today was insane.

someone get the fire extinguisher,

a rod is on fire

:eek:

andy vs schilling tom- should be very interesting.

wonder who the yanks will throw against Dice K
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    wonder who the yanks will throw against Dice K

I believe Chase Wright is going on Sunday.
  • not that this should come as much of a surprise to anyone, but humberto sanchez underwent tommy john surgery on wednesday and is out for the year.

:(

on a more positive note, it looks like chien-ming wang will make his next start.
  • also carl pavano has a mild muscle strain in his right elbow, stop me if you're shocked at this development..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    not that this should come as much of a surprise to anyone, but humberto sanchez underwent tommy john surgery on wednesday and is out for the year.

on a more positive note, it looks like chien-ming wang will make his next start.
    He was worth rolling the dice with him but the kid just does not look like he will stay healthy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    I went to the game yesterday and it was a GREAT win! A-Rod came through!
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    evenkat wrote:
    I went to the game yesterday and it was a GREAT win! A-Rod came through!

The Yankees spanked the Twins for 2 games before the Twins finally realized it was 3-game homestand last week. I look forward to my team returning the favor at Yankee Stadium in the not-too-distant-future.

Good on A-Rod.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
    not that this should come as much of a surprise to anyone, but humberto sanchez underwent tommy john surgery on wednesday and is out for the year.

That sucks about Sanchez. He'll be on the shelf for at least a year now.

BTW. Horrible ending last night, but a hell of a game.
    Brian
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    NCBRI wrote:
    That sucks about Sanchez. He'll be on the shelf for at least a year now.

BTW. Horrible ending last night, but a hell of a game.

Great ENDING!!!

Off to game right now - got seats 5-6 rows behind yankees dugout - I'm hitting Mr. April with a slice of pizza!

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Great ENDING!!!

Off to game right now - got seats 5-6 rows behind yankees dugout - I'm hitting Mr. April with a slice of pizza!

Nice seats. Mr April! Funny..

Why would you waste good food like that?

UGH... man oh man... I thought we had a shot b/c Beckett didn't have his A Game, but ugh...

Things do not bode well in Yankee world tomorrow :(

Bogus...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Didn't see the game yesterday, only highlights (lowlights more like it). It was too nice to stay in and watch TV. Apparently Karstens' first start sucked. If Wright pitches pretty well tonight, Karstens may find himself out of the rotation with Wang coming back this week.

Injury updates including Damon, Posada, Mussina, Pavano, and Wang: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070421&content_id=1922245&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy
    Brian
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    Allie02 wrote:

Things do not bode well in Yankee world tomorrow :(

Bogus...

Well if it's any indication. In all of Dice-K's starts so far this season. The opposing pitcher pitched a really good game. If not better than the red sox pitcher. So hopefully that trend continues today.
    I miss igotid88
  • If there was any positive for the Yanks this weekend it was the fact that the depleted lineup still made a game out of Boston's A squad. The sox have not 1 guy of major importance hurt.
    Yanks faced their top 3 ACE pitchers and handled each one of them.
    Ricecake was really not that impressive.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    If there was any positive for the Yanks this weekend it was the fact that the depleted lineup still made a game out of Boston's A squad. The sox have not 1 guy of major importance hurt.
    Yanks faced their top 3 ACE pitchers and handled each one of them.
    Ricecake was really not that impressive.

They will handle most pitchers. They have a sick lineup....but no pitching. at all. when pettite comes in mid game in relief, it yells desperation. i'm sure the yanks will make a move mid season even after they get clemens, but their pitching just sucks. when colter bean comes in, it just goes to show.

still a lot of baseball left though.

"ricecake"? that's not cool.
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    Nitro wrote:

lol, it may not be cool, but it's funny as hell. just about as funny as boston fans calling rodriguez "gay-rod". only ricecake is more clever ;)
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
    Nitro wrote:
    They will handle most pitchers. They have a sick lineup....but no pitching. at all. when pettite comes in mid game in relief, it yells desperation. i'm sure the yanks will make a move mid season even after they get clemens, but their pitching just sucks. when colter bean comes in, it just goes to show.

still a lot of baseball left though.

Of course their pitching sucks right now. 3/5 of the starting rotation is on the DL which is resulting in an overworked bullpen. Overworked relievers don't pitch as well as rested ones.
    No day off when we could really use one today. Yanks in Tampa tonight for the first of a 2 game series: Kei Igawa vs. Casey Fossum

BTW here's the latest numbers for Philip Hughes in Scranton:
    3 GS
    2-1
    16 IP
    17 Ks
    4 BB
    3.94 ERA
    0.94 WHIP
    Brian
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Posts: 381
    Great ENDING!!!

LOFL!!!!!!!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Last place.
    moeaholic wrote:
    lol, it may not be cool, but it's funny as hell. just about as funny as boston fans calling rodriguez "gay-rod". only ricecake is more clever ;)

It's neither funny nor cool, it's ignorant and offensive.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • i know steinbrenner is supposedly more hands off, but i'd expect some kind of reaction, especially with a three-game series against the Red Sox this weekend in New York.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • I was just about to post the same thing. Someone's gonna get fired. Don't think it'll be Torre yet, even though I was very much for firing him last October. Guidry, perhaps? And definately the trainers, the ones who are supposed to keep these guys on the field. I'm afraid to ask a yankee for an autograph, afraid they'll pull a hamstring turning me down
  • tommorow afternoon you might here the following dialogue on WFAN at 2pm:

Russo: An Mike we have a missive
    Francesa: can we cue the Patton music?
    Russo: reads it
    Francesa - ooh, he whipped out the big guns with that missive
    Russo - reads it again and cackles through it
    Francesa - analyzes it while sipping through his diet coke
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024