2007 Yankees

Comments

• he could be on his knees because he could use the bluetooth device to call clemens..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    What's ridiculous is that none of you can spell "ridiculous".

that's all you got? psh, stop wasting my time.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bathgate66 wrote:

:) Ive never seen that one or the Jorge one. Hip Hip Jorge!!
    Brian
  • Bathgate66 wrote:

lol... that's pretty funny.

on a more serious note, why the hell was torre playing the infield in with the bases loaded and one out last night? any manager could tell you that they should have been in double play depth in that situation. and had they been positioned correctly, that game-winning "hit" might have been an inning-ending double play.

i was all drunk and screaming at the TV... they need to bring back don zimmer so he can tell torre what to do in those situations.

but here's some positive news about wang:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqYFx.pZNing3GMCV8QvGXAi0bYF?slug=ap-yankees-wang&prov=ap&type=lgns
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    lol... that's pretty funny.

on a more serious note, why the hell was torre playing the infield in with the bases loaded and one out last night? any manager could tell you that they should have been in double play depth in that situation. and had they been positioned correctly, that game-winning "hit" might have been an inning-ending double play.

i was all drunk and screaming at the TV... they need to bring back don zimmer so he can tell torre what to do in those situations.

but here's some positive news about wang:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqYFx.pZNing3GMCV8QvGXAi0bYF?slug=ap-yankees-wang&prov=ap&type=lgns

They said he was trying to prevent the run from scoring from 3rd. We should've won the game in the..what was it, the 8th, when the bases were loaded. We are in serious trouble with the pitching.

I just scream at the TV during the playoffs. :) In 2001 I threw my remote at it. Fortunately I didn't break the screen.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    NCBRI wrote:
    :) Ive never seen that one or the Jorge one. Hip Hip Jorge!!

VERY funny, thanks for posting.

They said on the Game of the week on Fox today that if there's def. a rainout tomorrow on account of this storm, we'll get Beckett instead of Dice K next weekend.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    Allie02 wrote:
    I just scream at the TV during the playoffs. :) In 2001 I threw my remote at it. Fortunately I didn't break the screen.

that's because you probably throw like a girl.

j/k

that ortiz commercial is funny. never seen it before.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
    moeaholic wrote:
    that's because you probably throw like a girl.

j/k

that ortiz commercial is funny. never seen it before.
    AH!
    I DO NOT! :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • yankees responsabilty i mean obligation is to be in postseason good luck!!!111
    its not a bad time to be me; something made me realise it was time to get away from there or i was going to be just another loser!
    yankees responsabilty i mean obligation is to be in postseason good luck!!!111

Claro que si!

Bienvenidos Mexican Jammer!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    The Giambino comes through last night!
    A-Rod is up to 17 RBI and we're only halfway through April.
    Jeter has 5 errors now! Too many unearned runs being given up. This defense should be much better.
    This just in........the Yankees pitching has been good lately (other than the Farnsworth blow up). The starters have been effective. They just aren't giving them the innings needed. 8 pitchers last night. Good thing they won in the 13th or Cairo may have been next to the mound.

4 Yankees wearing #42 for Jackie Robinson Day today. Torre, Jeter, Cano, and of course Mo.
    Brian
  • Allie02 wrote:
    They said he was trying to prevent the run from scoring from 3rd. We should've won the game in the..what was it, the 8th, when the bases were loaded. We are in serious trouble with the pitching.

well a DP would have prevented the run from scoring anyway. and playing in that position gives the infielders a better chance of making a play on a groundball. in that specific case, mientkiewicz might not have had to dive and make a throw from his knees.

but at least we came back strong and got a win last night. we needed that one, and giambi really needed a big hit. hopefully this will get him going.

about screaming at the TV: i always do it. always. it's a necessary part of watching baseball. :) but 2001 was different. after game 7, i picked up my guitar with the intention of smashing it against a wall. luckily i thought better of it at the last second.

throwing stuff at the TV is good too. there was this time back in college when we acquired a TV projector (somehow), so we cleared off an entire wall and used it as our TV screen. so it was basically a nine-foot high TV, but the best part of it was that we could throw stuff right at the screen without having to worry about damaging anything (other than the wall, of course). it was good. very healthy. i highly recommend that everyone experience this at some point in their lives.

but i'm getting off topic. good pitching matchup today: pettitte vs. harden. GO YANKEES!
  • seven-game packages for $5.00 a ticket:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/fujifilmpack.jsp?c_id=nyy&year=2007&partnerId=2007hp_tixcomponent_nyy_tab4&affiliateID=2007hp_tixcomponent_nyy_tab4

for two people, it comes out to $96 including the ticketmaster service charges that we are all familiar with. still a very good deal for seven games. $48 per person... under $7.00 per ticket.

it'll get you tier reserved and bleachers. for some games, it might tell you only the bleachers are available. but after searching, i was able to get tier reserved for each game.

it looks like the august 14th game is already sold out but everything else on the list is still available.
  • mussina on the dl and in a major upset, carl pavano is on the DL.. chris britton (the one from the orioles in the jaret wright trade) and chase wright are up in their place.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    c'mon andy !

Lets Go Yankees
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    Didn't see that coming.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    HAHA!!! Gald to see NY lose!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    AstroFan wrote:
    Didn't see that coming.
    What, Mo giving up a three run homer? Yeah that was bogus, and on Jackie Robinson day with him wearing #42. They said "The Yankees are in trouble" on Baseball Tonight.

We sure are :( Who knows if they can even fly home w/the rainy weather here : ( Bogus...
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • marco fuckin scutaro???
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • Good to see the Yankees' pitching staff in shambles, and the Red Sox' going really strong :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Good to see the Yankees' pitching staff in shambles, and the Red Sox' going really strong :)
    It's April 16th.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    marco f-in scutaro???

Seriously. It was 0-2 with 2 outs on this guy.. I had on Baseball Tonight and saw the highlights and I was like "WHAT?!"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    marco fuckin scutaro???

The EXACT words that came out of my mouth yesterday. I have to admit I was a bit scared after he turned on one of the first two and fouled it down the line. He looked like he was close. Then he launched the HR. Mo looked off on his control. The walk to the previous hitter was the killer.

Another good pitching performance spoiled. Let's hope the dire straights of the starting rotation will motivate the bats (and the defense) to get going. Other than A-Rod, no one is really hitting. He has knocked in someting like 1/3 of their runs so far.
    Brian
    That AA pitcing of ours didn't look too bad last night. Will see how he looks against Boston. Pettitte, Karstens (back from the DL), and Wright going against the Sox this weekend.
    And I heard on The FAN today that Wang may be back next week. Im just glad that we have some young arms to throw out there. In the past, it woulda been some has been/never was like Sidney Ponson getting picked up and thrown out there. Now we have kids who can fill in when someone goes down.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    That AA pitcing of ours didn't look too bad last night. Will see how he looks against Boston. Pettitte, Karstens (back from the DL), and Wright going against the Sox this weekend.
    And I heard on The FAN today that Wang may be back next week. Im just glad that we have some young arms to throw out there. In the past, it woulda been some has been/never was like Sidney Ponson getting picked up and thrown out there. Now we have kids who can fill in when someone goes down. I believe Britton goes tomorrow night. He came over in the Jarrett Wright trade.

Eh but he was staked to an 8-3 lead.
    We go against Josh Beckett, he's 3-0 so far...

We'll see how it goes...

Edit: They just said this Chase kid is going up against DICE K this weekend! YIPES. The Friday night game is on Yes, the Sat game is the Game of the Week on Fox, and the Sunday Night game is on ESPN. Holy crap. Oh that's the other time I yell at my tv set, other then playoffs, is during these Red Sox games.

I was in a bar w/my friend watching the game when Pedro shoved Zimmer? Holy crap, I was hooting and hollering....
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    A-Rod just hit ANOTHER 2 run HR

and then Giambi, back to back, solo homer
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Aside from Rivera blowing the game the other night, they have been looking pretty good for having so many people on the DL.
  • Reynaldo6Reynaldo6 Posts: 80
    stpmattb wrote:
    Aside from Rivera blowing the game the other night, they have been looking pretty good for having so many people on the DL.
    agreed. they Yankees need to get The Rocket to fill in while Wang and Mussina are on the DL
    I'll wait up in the dark
    For you to speak to me
    I'll open up
    Release me
    Reynaldo6 wrote:
    agreed. they Yankees need to get The Rocket to fill in while Wang and Mussina are on the DL

The pitching is doing just fine and Wang and Mussina should both be back soon. Adding Rocket would be a nice addition, but if it happens it will not be for quite a while. Probably June.
    Brian