2007 Yankees

Comments

• NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    igotid88 wrote:
    come on. they give 5 runs right back. they can't catch a break. i hope petitte's okay. damnn that beckett's lucky.
    200 million shouldn't need one god damn break!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    igotid88 wrote:
    come on. they give 5 runs right back. they can't catch a break. i hope petitte's okay. damnn that beckett's lucky.
    I hope he is ok too. I adore Andy Pettitte.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    200 million shouldn't need one god damn break!

and 143mil does?
    I miss igotid88
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Wow, you guys really needed that, Good job not collapsing after losing the lead, and who else but A-Rod to come to the rescue? That could be huge for his confidence, and the teams momentum, We will see.

and btw

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    that was like a playoff game, it was exhausting to watch! Geesh! Esp. that 9th inning!

Abreu had some important catches as well. Let's hope things continue to go well in Chi-town

PS-I have to admit the Sox fans come up with some pretty impressive chants. The 'Where is Roger?" thing was funny.

And on Sportscenter they said, 'nursing his fatigued groin', or something like that. How is it fatigued?! I don't get that. It's either strained, or sore, or pulled. Fatigued I have not heard.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Allie02 wrote:
    that was like a playoff game, it was exhausting to watch! Geesh!

And on Sportscenter they said, 'nursing his fatigued groin', or something like that. How is it fatigued?! I don't get that. It's either strained, or sore, or pulled. Fatigued I have not heard.

well, thats the closest you guys are gonna get to the playoffs, so enjoy

and yeah i know, the last time I had a fatigued groin, my girlfriend had a sore......, well you get the picture
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    hey ali yanks took 2 outta 3, i called that one didnt i. :)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    igotid88 wrote:
    and 143mil does?
    that makes absolutely no sense
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    hey ali yanks took 2 outta 3, i called that one didnt i. :)

not a very hard prediction.....they are gonna take 2 out of 3 every series until the all star break (and possibly 3 of 4 with four game series)
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    sorry

theres no such thing as a " minor " groin injury.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    i'm not too worried about giambi being out. melky cabrera is infinitely better when he knows his role. i like seeing him out there every day.

EDIT:

Shelley Duncan: .306 AVG, 15 HR, 35 RBI, 1.018 OPS :eek:
    Andy Phillips: .313, 7 HR, 28, RBI, .873 OPS

Agreed about Giambi and Cabrera. I think they are a better team without JG. Their defense improves in the OF and Joe will have the opportunity to give guys a day off (from the field) by DHing them. Damon will probably get most of the action at DH.

7 games back in the Wild Card race
    Brian
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    so tori hunter and andruw jones are both availble at the end of the season. both are better CF's then damon. what are the odds of the yanks going after them do you alll think.

i'm guessing if bobby abreu keeps it up they won't pick up his contract adn that will clear money.

Would damon play lf or rf? Their corner OF's would officially have the worst arms in baseball if that happened, but having Jone's or tori's defense in center would be awesome.

I was just thinking about that the other day.

Perhaps with Giambi out for the year they may look to grab todd helton from the rockies before the trade deadline.

I don't know of much pitching help that would be out there.

Gotta focus on the wild card now and put some wins together.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Forget records, games back, etc.....I'd take a game winning homerun in the 9th off Papelbon in boston to win the series anyday.
    A-Rod none the less.
    Followed by a Mo shut down.

Btw....i hear the weather in Chicago is bad today. Hopefully no rainout.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Brainofdz wrote:
    well, thats the closest you guys are gonna get to the playoffs, so enjoy

maybe the division / pennant is too far gone out of reach , but its too early to rule out a wild card appearance.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    it's way too early to call anything. But as Sox fan I do enjoy seeing the general state of despair amongst the Yanks fans
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    intodeep wrote:
    so tori hunter and andruw jones are both availble at the end of the season. both are better CF's then damon. what are the odds of the yanks going after them do you alll think.

i'm guessing if bobby abreu keeps it up they won't pick up his contract adn that will clear money.

Would damon play lf or rf? Their corner OF's would officially have the worst arms in baseball if that happened, but having Jone's or tori's defense in center would be awesome.

I was just thinking about that the other day.

Perhaps with Giambi out for the year they may look to grab todd helton from the rockies before the trade deadline.

I don't know of much pitching help that would be out there.

Gotta focus on the wild card now and put some wins together.

I hope they dont try to bring in either one of those guys to play CF. Damon (unless they can deal him) will be the CF next year along with Cabrera.

As far as Helton. I read they have been scouting him and Fuentes. I wouldn't be against bringing in either one of those guys because I think both could help the ball club, but I wouldn't trade away anything decent from the farm system. They have started building it back up again and there is no reason to reverse the cycle. I do think they will try to sure up the bullpen with some kind of move/s.

Sounds like they aren't real optimistic on Hughes coming back this season either.
    Brian
  • gue_bariumgue_barium Posts: 5,515
    That would be a sad day in Minnesota if Hunter went to the Yankees. It's almost like trying to imagine Kirby Pucket doing the same thing...incomprehensible.

Seeing Knoblauch and Mientkiewicz go turncoat was bad enough.

all posts by ©gue_barium are protected under US copyright law and are not to be reproduced, exchanged or sold
    except by express written permission of ©gue_barium, the author.
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    igotid88 wrote:
    Now Clemens has re-injured his groin and will be out for a couple of weeks. Doug gets hit in the head by Lowell ( i think he did it on purpose). The yankees screw Proctor on the field.

You are out of your fucking mind if you think Lowell did that on purpose. It was quite clear that it was just the way of the play. I think the Yankees, or perhaps just a select few of the Yankees have the ability to make cheap dirty fucking plays. Alex being at the top of that list, and no, that play in Toronto is not included for my statement. That was just old school baseball.

I will say as a red sox fan, that Pabalbon got cocky last night with him being ahead of the count with A-rod. And Alex made him pay. Just my 2 cents.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • 108 Games.
    & There are NO trophies at half time
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

• PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    gue_barium wrote:
    That would be a sad day in Minnesota if Hunter went to the Yankees. It's almost like trying to imagine Kirby Pucket doing the same thing...incomprehensible.

Seeing Knoblauch and Mientkiewicz go turncoat was bad enough.

Torii was the opening guest on today's Rome Show. He said he wants to play his whole career in Minny, just like his hero, Kirby, but he understands that the future of the franchise is Mauer and Morneau. Sounds like he's resigned himself to the fact that his Minny career is over. He said if he can't get a deal w/the Twins, he'll go with the highest bidder that offers the best chance of winning.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    NCBRI wrote:
    I hope they dont try to bring in either one of those guys to play CF. Damon (unless they can deal him) will be the CF next year along with Cabrera.

As far as Helton. I read they have been scouting him and Fuentes. I wouldn't be against bringing in either one of those guys because I think both could help the ball club, but I wouldn't trade away anything decent from the farm system. They have started building it back up again and there is no reason to reverse the cycle. I do think they will try to sure up the bullpen with some kind of move/s.

Sounds like they aren't real optimistic on Hughes coming back this season either.

I had not seen that about hughes that is disapointing.

I'm not much of a fan of Todd Helton. He is just getting older and could very well be just like bobby abreau this time next year.

I live in atlanta and quite a few braves fans are throwing some pretty heavy jabs right now. Over half the season is left I'm still optimistic the post season is a possibility.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the White Sox and Yankees have discussed a trade that would swap Jermaine Dye for Bobby Abreu.

The newspaper quotes "one White Sox source close to the situation" as saying that the deal "has started to take on some life." ''You're paid to work for a team for whatever period of time, give 100 percent to that club, and if you get dealt away, give 100 percent to the next club," Dye said. Jun. 4 - 8:44 am et

Source: Chicago Sun-Times
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006
    According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the White Sox and Yankees have discussed a trade that would swap Jermaine Dye for Bobby Abreu.

The newspaper quotes "one White Sox source close to the situation" as saying that the deal "has started to take on some life." ''You're paid to work for a team for whatever period of time, give 100 percent to that club, and if you get dealt away, give 100 percent to the next club," Dye said. Jun. 4 - 8:44 am et

A buddy of mine who's a W. Sox fan was just IM-ing me about that. It doesn't make sense to me, but what do I know? It's a good deal for the Yankees but it seems like a bad one for the Sox.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
    According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the White Sox and Yankees have discussed a trade that would swap Jermaine Dye for Bobby Abreu.

Not a fan of Dye at all. :(

I wish Bobby could just turn it around. No need to hit for a ton of power just get the average up and run a little.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,805
    momofglynn wrote:
    You are out of your fucking mind if you think Lowell did that on purpose. It was quite clear that it was just the way of the play. I think the Yankees, or perhaps just a select few of the Yankees have the ability to make cheap dirty fucking plays. Alex being at the top of that list, and no, that play in Toronto is not included for my statement. That was just old school baseball.

I will say as a red sox fan, that Pabalbon got cocky last night with him being ahead of the count with A-rod. And Alex made him pay. Just my 2 cents.

first of all it was a joke. and second if it was A-Rod I'm sure you would've seen it the other way. there was another play where Cano got pushed and no one made anything of it.
    I miss igotid88
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    igotid88 wrote:
    first of all it was a joke. and second if it was A-Rod I'm sure you would've seen it the other way. there was another play where Cano got pushed and no one made anything of it.

that douche lowell said he learned that in the yankee organization
    what a di$%
  • ReleaseMe...ReleaseMe... Posts: 494
    i will never forget for the rest of my life one day the yanks were playing the A's, and dye was on the team.....i had my season tickets in the rf bleachers back then. here was the chant every inning:

Dye, Jermaine Dye

over and over and over and over
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    At least they are not in last place. They can make a come-back. Yea TEAM!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    that douche lowell said he learned that in the yankee organization
    what a di$%

Yes that is correct. Lowell came up in the Yankees organization and yes he did make that statement as to where he learned how to do that. I can not find that article in which is was mentioned. It was a fair, it was legal, it was the right thing to do. Lots of love for Lowell. Top notch, class act. Sorry there is all but Jorge you can tag with that comment.

Here is an article about how Lowell felt about hurting his friend-
    BOSTON -- Doug Mientkiewicz and Mike Lowell -- both South Floridians -- have known each other since high school, when they played against each other. They still spend time together in the offseason. So Lowell was understandably concerned when he inadvertently knocked out his friend while trying to break up a double play on Saturday.
    Therefore, you can understand why Lowell felt relieved after finding out Sunday morning from Red Sox internist Dr. Larry Ronan that Mientkiewicz didn't suffer a serious head injury.

"Dr. Ronan was sitting next to [Mientkiewicz] and he told me he was still a little groggy but he was speaking and he was going to be fine," said Lowell. "Like I said, I've known Doug a long time. I just feel bad that he's hurt. I don't think you want anybody to get hurt. You want to play hard, but you don't want anyone to get hurt."

Mientkiewicz suffered a mild concussion, a cervical sprain and a fractured scaphoid bone in the right wrist. The wrist injury -- which might have occurred earlier in the game -- is what will prolong Mientkiewicz's stint on the disabled list more than anything.

The play is one you might not see for a while. Mientkiewicz was caught off-balance on a wide throw by Derek Jeter and Lowell couldn't avoid hitting the first baseman's head with his left thigh.

"I actually thought he caught the ball at the beginning," said Lowell. "I was going to help him up and then I see the ball squirming away and I had to run to second. Like I said, I don't think you ever want to see anyone [hurt], because he was lying there not moving. In the back of my mind, I just wanted him to start moving because you don't want anything serious to happen."

Cano was in the baseline. Lowell took him out. Going back to the other comment. If it was Alex instead of Mike. There probably would had been more talk about it. Like I mentioned early, I am not one to run all over Alex especially about what happened in Toronto, silly that there was really a discussion about that at all. But if we were to discuss what took place during the 2004 ALCS, then we could talk all day about a totally cheap, dirty thing to do.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • momofglynn wrote:
    It was a fair, it was legal, it was the right thing to do. Lots of love for Lowell. Top notch, class act.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2007/06/03/1180861424_6192/410w.jpg
    momofglynn wrote:
    But if we were to discuss what took place during the 2004 ALCS, then we could talk all day about a totally cheap, dirty thing to do.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/AlexRodriguezInterference.jpg

i'm not trying to defend a-rod here (at all). but from the perspective of a yankee fan, i don't really see such a huge difference between a head butt and an arm slap that the two plays should necessarily generate such polar opposite responses.

and it seems a little unhealthy that you guys are still complaining about this play three years later. it's like a broken record at this point. i'm not really a big fan of broken records. that's why my PJ vinyls are still sealed in plastic. ;)