2007 Yankees

Comments

• pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 599
    Being Da kid Bleeds da Pinstripes he has yet to post in dis trhread in awhile.Welcome back ROCKET.Hopfully by da end of Da month da rotation will look like dis Moose,Wong,Pettitte,Rocket,and last but not least( Baby Hughie....or baby Rocket)Hughes.Captin Jetes hitting da ball pretty damn good.One game back of .500 at least Da kid gotta luv da way da bombers R playing now so when da kid goes to Fenway at da end of da month he'll be feeling pretty damn confident.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
    24)MSG I,II
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    dg1979us wrote:
    Im sick of him. I dont care if he retires, I just wish he would get off his ass and play a whole season. If he wants to play then play, if he doesnt then retire, but this sitting out half the year is nothing but arrogance and drama on his part.

He's an old man. If he sits out the first month or two, there's a better chance his body won't break down in October.
  • dg1979usdg1979us Posts: 568
    AstroFan wrote:
    He's an old man. If he sits out the first month or two, there's a better chance his body won't break down in October.

He didnt get to pitch in october last year because the astros finished a game and a half behind the cardinals. Of course, if he had pitched all season for the astros, then he probably would have gotten to pitch in october. No point in saving your body until october if your not even gonna be around then.
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Ca-Ching....28 million is what it took to get him out of Texas. That is just obscene, even by Yankee standards.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Roger Clemens is such a douchebag it's only fitting that he's back with the Yankees.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
    dg1979us wrote:
    He didnt get to pitch in october last year because the astros finished a game and a half behind the cardinals. Of course, if he had pitched all season for the astros, then he probably would have gotten to pitch in october. No point in saving your body until october if your not even gonna be around then.

But he did struggle in the playoffs the year before, and IIRC, he had minor health problems towards the end of the 2005 season.

I blame Tim Purpura for not making the playoffs in 2006. When you say that resigning Brad Ausmus is the major goal for the team in the offseason, you are giving away any hope at a playoff berth.
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    culot4 wrote:
    Ca-Ching....28 million is what it took to get him out of Texas. That is just obscene, even by Yankee standards.

ESPN's Dan Patrick is reporting that Roger Clemens will receive a prorated salary of $28 million after signing with the Yankees on Sunday.

That means he'd earn $4.67 million per month or $18.67 million if he returns at the end of May as planned. So much for the Yankees' payroll reduction. This will put them back over $200 million, even after factoring in what the Rangers are paying Alex Rodriguez.

desperate for pitching much? no way is clemens, returning to the AL after 3 years, worth $18.67 million for june, july, august and september.

just think, had the yanks used that money and the money they pissed away on igawa towards daisuke matsuzaka...well, being a red sox fan i'm glad they didn't...
    JSBE wrote:
    desperate for pitching much? no way is clemens, returning to the AL after 3 years, worth $18.67 million for june, july, august and september.

Well if Pavano is worth 40 million for about 110 innings... ;)
  • Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    I hope the rocket takes a liner off his huge steroid induced face.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • JSBE wrote:
    ESPN's Dan Patrick is reporting that Roger Clemens will receive a prorated salary of $28 million after signing with the Yankees on Sunday.

That means he'd earn $4.67 million per month or $18.67 million if he returns at the end of May as planned. So much for the Yankees' payroll reduction. This will put them back over $200 million, even after factoring in what the Rangers are paying Alex Rodriguez.

just think, had the yanks used that money and the money they pissed away on igawa towards daisuke matsuzaka...well, being a red sox fan i'm glad they didn't...

you probably shouldn't bring up matsuzaka in an argument about how the yankees are spending too much on pitching.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
    In fact it's cold as hell
    And there's no one there to raise them if you did
    And all this science I don't understand
    It's just my job five days a week
    A rocket man, a rocket man

And I think it's gonna be a long long time...

Lets Go Yankees
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • roger clemens is the most pompous asshole in baseball today (outside of chris berman). he should have been ready to go on april 1 like every other pitcher. he's a piece of shit and i hope he gets hurt before he even takes the bump for the yanks.
    www.myspace.com/pitheory
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    roger clemens is the most pompous asshole in baseball today (outside of chris berman). he should have been ready to go on april 1 like every other pitcher. he's a piece of shit and i hope he gets hurt before he even takes the bump for the yanks.

he needs time for the steroids to leave out of his bloodstream,..

everyone knows that

:D
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    culot4 wrote:

28 MILLION! Holy Christmas trees! He's not even working the whole season! Wow! Damn.

That's a lot of $. Must be nice.

I hope his hamstring doesn't break! D'oh. I'm excited though, I hope he does well. It was good to see him out there today. I mean I'm not his biggest fan, but gosh, anybody that can help us out...looks good to me :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie02 wrote:
    28 MILLION! Holy Christmas trees! He's not even working the whole season! Wow! Damn.

He won't get 28 mill, that's the equivalent of what he would make if he did play the whole season. I think it'll be closer to 18-19.
    AstroFan wrote:
    He won't get 28 mill, that's the equivalent of what he would make if he did play the whole season. I think it'll be closer to 18-19.
    That's still too much money for 1 year. He's not that good any more. They're paying his reputation. He's unproven. If we don't win the World Series this will look like a retarded move.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie02 wrote:
    That's still too much money for 1 year. He's not that good any more. They're paying his reputation. He's unproven. If we don't win the World Series this will look like a retarded move.

It's called desperation. And from a Red Sox fan's perspective, it kind of puts a smile to my face. The Yankees are desperate. Let them have their one ace. We've already got two of them.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    It's called desperation. And from a Red Sox fan's perspective, it kind of puts a smile to my face. The Yankees are desperate. Let them have their one ace. We've already got two of them.

<yawn>
    Y'all will fall apart by August, no worries :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Allie02 wrote:
    <yawn>
    Y'all will fall apart by August, no worries :)

You guys have already fallen apart (literally health-wise) by May. We're lookin quite good right now. :)
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    Is Clemens going to be part of the team or is he just going to fly in when its his day to pitch, and skip any road series where he isn't a projected starter. The Yanks could have payed that same kind of money to a guy like Barry Zito and gotten 200+ innings out of him a season without the special treatment which is bound to create resentment if the Yankees are still struggling. Whatever fills the seats I guess.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
    culot4 wrote:
    Is Clemens going to be part of the team or is he just going to fly in when its his day to pitch, and skip any road series where he isn't a projected starter. The Yanks could have payed that same kind of money to a guy like Barry Zito and gotten 200+ innings out of him a season without the special treatment which is bound to create resentment if the Yankees are still struggling. Whatever fills the seats I guess.

They said he would have the same clause in his contract regarding travel as he did last year with Houston, but he also said that Derek and Andy and them kept hocking him to come up to the team, so I don't know if it will create resentment.

I agree about paying that money to someone younger and more reliable, I am honestly shocked at the $ they are paying him.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    You guys have already fallen apart (literally health-wise) by May. We're lookin quite good right now. :)

Schilling is the same age as Clemens, isn't he? <yawn> Talk to me about all this later in the season, don't count us out yet!!
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    Allie02 wrote:

His ERA in the last 2 years has been 1.87 and 2.30. If he performs as good as he did last year(which isn't guaranteed of course, but this isn't a washed up pitcher), 1/2 season of Clemens may be almost as good as 1 full season from Wang.

But if you would like to keep throwing out people like Carl Pavano, I would be all for it. ;)
    AstroFan wrote:
    His ERA in the last 2 years has been 1.87 and 2.30. If he performs as good as he did last year(which isn't guaranteed of course, but this isn't a washed up pitcher), 1/2 season of Clemens may be almost as good as 1 full season from Wang.

But if you would like to keep throwing out people like Carl Pavano, I would be all for it. ;)

eh..
    but they're going on his word that he's still fit, ya know? Only time will tell.

Wang almost pitched a perfect game yesterday though..he's coming around. That Igawa deal is looking like a big bust.

Pavano can't throw a paper airplane, he's being evaluated by Dr Andrews and the 'rumour' is that he probably needs Tommy John Surgery! D'oh. How come he still gets paid when he has pitched like, 2 games in 2 years? I don't understand that :/
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    You can have Jaret Wright back too....We don't expect a whole lot here in Baltimore out of our O's, but that guy has looked like total shit.
    culot4 wrote:
    You can have Jaret Wright back too....We don't expect a whole lot here in Baltimore out of our O's, but that guy has looked like total shit.
    LOL :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
    icarus wrote:
    not possible. his last 5 seasons in the AL, his ERA averaged above 4.00. even if he performs as good as the last two seasons his ERA still won't be below 3.00.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's not possible, but I already went over it on the other page.

In any case, the best pitcher of this generation(and the last generation, and the one before that :p) is far from 'unproven'.

(I'm still expecting the Red Sox to win the division...)
  • culot4 wrote:

have you tried putting him on ebay?
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    you probably shouldn't bring up matsuzaka in an argument about how the yankees are spending too much on pitching.

so 6 years and $52 mil for matsuzaka's SALARY is too much? so that's how much less per year than the yanks wasted on pavano?

i really don't want to hear about the posting fee because that went to the seibu lions and was a one time, non-salary cap fee...no one seems to bring up the $26mil the yanks blew for igawa...
    JSBE wrote:
    ...no one seems to bring up the $26mil the yanks blew for igawa...

I did, read the thread :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!