whats the deal with people dressing down every single friday?

Comments

• do you ever somewhat agree with anyone? Or do you just like being difficult for the sake of it? You're debating what people should wear to work! For the record, you don't have to post in every single thread.
    what's that got to do with the topic? If you don't like me put me on ignore. I fail to understand why so many of you apparently can't stand me, yet don't do this :confused: It makes no sense... I'll reply to whatever the fuck I want. Anything more ya wanna say take it to pm before I'M accused of hijacking another thread :cool:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Saturnal wrote:
    That's right, no one is saying you gotta look like a model..

we're just saying that if you wear jeans and sneakers, you look like a bum.

yes u do look like a bum in a professional office

when 90% of the place is dressed up ,,jeans make u look bumish lol (is that a word) ?
  • but refer to one of my earlier posts... i work in hotels and i am constantly around guests.

and it's not like saying 'dance boy dance.' it's a company setting standards, and if it's within boundaries, i have no problem with that.
    OK fair enough in a hotel... I did say in that post that it makes no sense if you're in an office where you meet no clients or customers... never hear of the internal customer and keeping staff happy?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    :eek: since when? Jeans look better than anything IMO
    If you have a nice body and the jeans fit well and you are not wearing trainers, but nice shoes and a nice fitting top, like a button down shirt or a nice little sweater, then yes, it is acceptable for a Friday. But old faded jeans, trainers and any old top just is slovenly and shows potential clients that you don't give a shit.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • what's that got to do with the topic? If you don't like me put me on ignore. I fail to understand why so many of you apparently can't stand me, yet don't do this :confused: It makes no sense... I'll reply to whatever the fuck I want. Anything more ya wanna say take it to pm before I'M accused of hijacking another thread :cool:

I was only asking. But you obviously answered it!
    "It's all happening"
  • Jeans and a nice shirt. Exactly what I am wearing today. casual Fridays are great. Although if you have a corporate office that meets clients, not so much.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,676
    dunkman wrote:
    i never said you did make the rules.. i was saying wearing slacks is for octogenarians... the outfit you described earlier made me think of Carlton Banks from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air :D
    You just gave me the visual of NYPJ1 sitting in his slacks and shirt, with his pink sweater draped over his shoulders singing "its not unusual" to his cougar co-worker as they make a 15 million dollar oopsie.

NYPJ1's best moves
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    im totally not into fashion by any means but just look presentable

construction is different ,, the attire is dirty jeans and boots
    ( but that doesnt mean roll out of bed into ur clothes)
    that's exactly what it means... seriously you can turn up here looking the worst of the worst and nobody gives a shit cos they probably look just as bad :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Poncier wrote:
    You just gave me the visual of NYPJ1 sitting in his slacks and shirt, with his pink sweater draped over his shoulders singing "its not unusual" to his cougar co-worker as they make a 15 million dollar oopsie.

NYPJ1's best moves

thats a great visual... :D:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes u do look like a bum in a professional office

when 90% of the place is dressed up ,,jeans make u look bumish lol (is that a word) ?
    haha that should be a word if it isn't
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    funny enough, no I'm not bothered... some of us aren't as shallow about appearances :)

I've never had anyone say anything to me. I don't mean I look homeless... jeans and a top are my general work attire. Which jeans and which top doesn't matter at all once the work gets done.

i don't understand where you get off classifying companies as shallow, because they require their associates to dress presentable, be clean shaven and smelling nice?

sounds like you have a personal tiff against such standards.
  • Poncier wrote:

NYPJ1's best moves
    LMFAO... that's exactly how I've always pictured him anyway :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • i don't understand where you get off classifying companies as shallow, because they require their associates to dress presentable, be clean shaven and smelling nice?

sounds like you have a personal tiff against such standards.
    nope, I just don't get it. Your employer should really only dictate your work to you... not how you look or anything else.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    no need to get nasty on here folks.. lets all have a laugh but no need for petty arguments and stuff

p.s. mookie9999 smells like placenta
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    nope, I just don't get it. Your employer should really only dictate your work to you... not how you look or anything else.

ok... so when i am talking to guests in our hotel lobby, you think it is appropriate if i am wearing jeans, t-shirt and a pair of converses?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Poncier wrote:

NYPJ1's best moves

Hey Jay - don't they teach that dance in 4th grade gym???

TC - call me crazy, but what in the world are 'trainers'??? never heard of that.
    I love to turn you on
  • dunkman wrote:
    no need to get nasty on here folks.. lets all have a laugh but no need for petty arguments and stuff

p.s. mookie9999 smells like placenta
    yeh, there's been a lot of that shit lately :cool:

if I wanted to go back to school, I'd go back :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nope, I just don't get it. Your employer should really only dictate your work to you... not how you look or anything else.
    Yea but c'mon, if you work in a place where customers come in often, it's different.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Poncier wrote:
    I think that actor was on broadway, wasn't he?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • ok... so when i am talking to guests in our hotel lobby, you think it is appropriate if i am wearing jeans, t-shirt and a pair of converses?
    I've said twice if you're meeting clients or customers, fine! If not, I don't see the point at all. I'll say it again just in case:

If you're meeting clients or customers, fine! If not, I don't see the point. Can somebody tell me why it's important to dress smartly for work if your clients or customers can't see ya?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life

TC - call me crazy, but what in the world are 'trainers'??? never heard of that.
    :o sneakers in UK speak
    I've said twice if you're meeting clients or customers, fine! If not, I don't see the point at all. I'll say it again just in case:

If you're meeting clients or customers, fine! If not, I don't see the point. Can somebody tell me why it's important to dress smartly for work if your clients or customers can't see ya?
    Ok...we get it. YOU don't see the point. No need to tell people they are vain if they like to look nice when they are at work.
    Some people like to put care into their appearance.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    IBM from 1987 called, they have an opening for you.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Ok...we get it. YOU don't see the point. No need to tell people they are vain if they like to look nice when they are at work.
    Some people like to put care into their appearance.
    That's fair enough... but I want to know why they expect everyone else to put the same care and effort in? Some people spend two hours getting ready in the morning, others spend 10 minutes... should there be national guidelines or something?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    that's exactly what it means... seriously you can turn up here looking the worst of the worst and nobody gives a shit cos they probably look just as bad :D

yea but u should give a shit
    BinFrog wrote:
    IBM from 1987 called, they have an opening for you.
    My Dad worked for IBM then. :)
    He actually had an allowance for his suits worked into his pay. lol
    He always looked smashing.

i cant see the video( which is a good thing )
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i cant see the video( which is a good thing )

montage of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air doing his infamous uncool dances
    I love to turn you on
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    yea but u should give a shit
    why 'should' I? :confused:

Once I give a shit about getting the job done, shouldn't that be all that matters? What about naturally ugly people? They're kinda fucked in this world of yours aren't they? Should they not be allowed work at all? :o That's kinda mean.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    montage of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air doing his infamous uncool dances

ah yes insert non-funny laugh haha

he was a tightass ,,which iam not