Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    what a strange turn of events...when i saw this, i thought everyone was gonna jump ship!!! HELL NO!!! the kingston on the first night will be sweet.....

PARTY ON WAYNE
    and party on Garth!

My sails were fluttering quite a bit when I called the big hairy Fox...I probably came across a little harsh...I mean, I did email them several times and left a voicemail message asking them if they wanted to arrange some sort of remote from our party...and Jimmy's had told us that they would not be able to accommodate such a large group...

And then I went to get a can of apple juice from the vending machine, and it stole my $1.50...no apple juice, no change...

Oh, and I got snowed in for a couple of hours and couldn't get to work no matter how hard we tried (highway was blocked and unplowed)...and I had to take unpaid leave for those two hours - even though it was an act of nature.

Thank goodness I'm on VACATION now!!! Whoooo!!! Vancouver, watch out!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,953
    I don't get them playing Pearl Jam music though. I mean what does that have to do with Vedder's solo tour? :confused:
  • Options
    CGPJCGPJ Posts: 23
    Are any of you guys who are attending either of the Vancouver shows coming from the California area? I am hoping to possibly carpool with someone and split gas fare... I am meeting someone up there but am hoping not to make the drive solo.

please help!!!

Please send a Personal Message if you can help.

Thanks.
    "whatever prize there waaa-aaas, I could only observe"
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Boycott Fox.....boycott Fox....boycott Fox.....boycott Fox....
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    like u all said our party is for the real fans on teh 2nd and then we will crash theres and see all the fakes and business man that have no idea what they are seeing on the 3rd cant wait see u all there man oh man 5 days away PARTy on
  • Options
    i did hear that on the radio yesterday.
    our party will be so much better though!! i can't wait :D
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    CGPJ wrote:
    Are any of you guys who are attending either of the Vancouver shows coming from the California area? I am hoping to possibly carpool with someone and split gas fare... I am meeting someone up there but am hoping not to make the drive solo.

please help!!!

Please send a Personal Message if you can help.

Thanks.

I know of a couple of Canadians needing a ride back down....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    to clarify, most of you will be at the fox's party on the 3rd? I'd love to go to the "fan" show(and pre-party)on the 2nd, but failed to get tix. Hope to see some of you on the 3rd at the fox thing!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    chitty wrote:
    to clarify, most of you will be at the fox's party on the 3rd? I'd love to go to the "fan" show(and pre-party)on the 2nd, but failed to get tix. Hope to see some of you on the 3rd at the fox thing!
    there will be tickets floating around at the first pre party, it would be worth your while to come there...if you want to see two shows that is.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    we can always redirect all the fox party'ers to the Rascall Flatts party................
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    pm sent, finally someone driving?

oh and this cfox thing is freaking ridiculous, I told you guys they are completely useless. I say we totally sabotage their party. I'm so serious about this. Rotate ppl on going over to redirect them over to our party and get them to donate to our charity. This will be so rock n roll.
    yeh yeh.. lets get all up in their grillz...
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:

oh and this cfox thing is freaking ridiculous, I told you guys they are completely useless. I say we totally sabotage their party. I'm so serious about this. Rotate ppl on going over to redirect them over to our party and get them to donate to our charity. This will be so rock n roll.

I already told them that people will probably be wandering between both parties and that it could be mutually beneficial.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    The Wishlist items have arrived! See you all soon. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    pjbiz wrote:

That's not really necessary. Not a competition. Just do your own thing at the Kingston on April 2nd. You guys should raise to a ton of $$$ and awareness that day.

They can do their thing on April 3rd. Just join them as fellow fans and have a good time.
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    That's not really necessary. Not a competition. Just do your own thing at the Kingston on April 2nd. You guys should raise to a ton of $$$ and awareness that day.

They can do their thing on April 3rd. Just join them as fellow fans and have a good time.
    NO WAY!
    lets wage war!
    WAR WAR WAR!
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    The Wishlist items have arrived! See you all soon. :)

Yay! I have that price list on my Mac somewhere...hopefully we can find a wireless connection on the mainland so that we can all keep in touch...

We are going to Vancouver tonight and won't be home for a week....so I do not know how often I can post on here...

you can email me at boompondrats@gmail.com, although I realize that would need an internet connection as well...I'll work something out. So if my PM box is full, use the email. Thanks everyone! Looking forward to meeting you all!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:

Great minds think alike..We can win their tickets they are giving away, and come back and auction them off for SURFRIDER!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Can't wait!!!!!!! Can't believe it's only 4 days till I'll be at Kingston's catching up with friends, meeting new ones , and helping Surfrider. PS ->-> F Fox...twice.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    Great minds think alike..We can win their tickets they are giving away, and come back and auction them off for SURFRIDER!
    OMG!
    thats BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    OK...made it over here no problem (other than a very long and very violent hail storm just before we left -- and my cat hates me now...left her under the bed at my parents, and whenever I tried to get her out, she growled and hisssssssssst at me)....There seems to be a wireless internet connection here at the condo...so we're all set....

PM or email me...I will need to contact some of you for things, though..I do not have a cash box, for example...and will try to pick up the name tags in the next couple of days...

Anybody local can PM or email and I'll give you a call so we can discuss an action plan. Other than the Foos and Springsteen I don't have any other plans before Ed's shows...

Did you know that it's trying to snow here? I might just have to talk the hubby into driving up to a local mountain and go for a snowshoe - I imagine the fresh pow would be heavenly!

G'night!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    yeah this weather is fucked up, i cant believe what weve been getting the last week....weird.

talk to you soon,

pm sent.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    bwordbword Posts: 74
    OK...made it over here no problem (other than a very long and very violent hail storm just before we left -- and my cat hates me now...left her under the bed at my parents, and whenever I tried to get her out, she growled and hisssssssssst at me)....There seems to be a wireless internet connection here at the condo...so we're all set....

PM or email me...I will need to contact some of you for things, though..I do not have a cash box, for example...and will try to pick up the name tags in the next couple of days...

Anybody local can PM or email and I'll give you a call so we can discuss an action plan. Other than the Foos and Springsteen I don't have any other plans before Ed's shows...

Did you know that it's trying to snow here? I might just have to talk the hubby into driving up to a local mountain and go for a snowshoe - I imagine the fresh pow would be heavenly!

G'night!

Next week looks like it is going to be pretty sunny but it is Vancouver so one never really knows....

I am local and will be able to help out next week...I sent you a PM.
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Options
    Wear layers...the weather is the same here in Oregon. It's sunny and nice, one moment, then it's snowing like crazy the next..
    See you guys in 3 days!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    tick tick tick tick tick tick... come on faster damnit!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    PearlJenPearlJen Seattle Posts: 30
    Is it too late to join in?? My +1 and I are heading up tomorrow afternoon - can't wait!
    The smallest oceans still get . . . big, big waves
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151

G'night!

Foos were great last night first time I've scene them ...I was very impressed! And now the Boss tonight!!! :) ......And only two more sleeps to EV!!! :D Yes life is good!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Two more days and two more ticket "reservation" situations. Thankfully Seattle and some awesome music are making the wait palatable. Bruce and the earth shaking, breathtaking E-Street Band were awesome at the Key. -X- was amazing last night and I'm sure will be tonight at the Showbox, and Los Lobos Wed in Vancouver will keep me from jonesing for quality music. I wish all weeks were this great.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    the nerves are hitting the stomach! Bags are packed and ready to leave tomorrow!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    cant wait leaving on wed morning man oh man 1 more day of work and off to vancouver
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Hey Im gonna pack tonight cause I leave tomorrow.

And I have to pack for me and my daughter!
    Double the fun! :D

Should I be bringing snow pants or spring jackets for her?
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...