Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,665
    feeling MUCH more relaxed now that i finally have tix for the April 3rd concert. i was fortunate enough to secure a pair via the Ed/WM3 official auction, my winning bid of $600 was just enough. between 10C seats the 1st night and these tickets the 2nd night, there's DEFINITELY cause for celebration,...d'uh, as if the concerts themselves aren't enough :D
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    100 Pacer wrote:
    feeling MUCH more relaxed now that i finally have tix for the April 3rd concert. i was fortunate enough to secure a pair via the Ed/WM3 official auction, my winning bid of $600 was just enough. between 10C seats the 1st night and these tickets the 2nd night, there's DEFINITELY cause for celebration,...d'uh, as if the concerts themselves aren't enough :D
    congradulations to you!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    100 Pacer wrote:

Sweet nice job see u at both shows cant wait u going to the preparty
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    CFOX has been notified of our plans - left a long-winded message on their promotions person's voicemail just now....and I emailed the program director about 1.5 weeks ago.

If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'll call them again...

So:
    Kingston Taphouse
    $$ to Surfrider Vancouver
    Raffle (Auction?) - have not had any luck getting an auctioneer, so this may have to be silent...

Will keep you all informed...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    CFOX has been notified of our plans - left a long-winded message on their promotions person's voicemail just now....and I emailed the program director about 1.5 weeks ago.

If I don't hear from them by tomorrow, I'll call them again...

So:
    Kingston Taphouse
    $$ to Surfrider Vancouver
    Raffle (Auction?) - have not had any luck getting an auctioneer, so this may have to be silent...

Will keep you all informed...

I can be auctioneer but have no previous experience.
    I will give it a whirl though.
    Im not shy.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    an auction would mean it's a no entry for me and others with tight budgets... I sure hope it would be a raffle, if only so I could feel I participated, never mind if I win a prize or not.
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    an auction would mean it's a no entry for me and others with tight budgets... I sure hope it would be a raffle, if only so I could feel I participated, never mind if I win a prize or not.

Yeah...I hear ya...We all want to raise money for a cause Ed supports, but many of us also are paying $300 - $400+ for night two tickets, which makes it hard to donate...and buy drinks and food...If you read this, Ed, how about putting on a Message Pit only matinee?

I've been making offers left right and centre on night two tix on craigslist, but none of the sellers get back to me...and I've been offering full price, too...Damn!

I wonder if it's too early to play my Al Murdoch card?

As for CFOX, I don't know what the heck is up with them...they never used to be that way!

Say, there's a Canadian woman stuck in a Mexican prison and she's been there for two years - and she hasn't been charged with anything. I understand she's on a suicide watch right now...I wonder if there's an organization to donate to....The Canadian and Ontario governments don't seem to be doing anything to help her out. It involved some internet scam that some guy pulled, but she was his chef and knew nothing about what he was doing. Yet, there she's been in prison in Mexico for two years...no charges...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Im not shy.

Thanks for the offer! We are still tyring to figure this part out, but we'll let you know as soon as we get this sorted.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    Bump... Less than 3 weeks to go!!! I am already packing my suitcase!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    genevieve wrote:
    Im not shy.
    I can help with this also...I'm not shy either!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Oooohhh we could be like dueling auctioneers! ;)
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Oooohhh we could be like dueling auctioneers! ;)
    20-20-20- give me 20...25..25..do we hear 30??
    HELL YEA! 21 days and counting.....

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    Quite looking forward to it myself :)
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    Hey Lisa, are you driving up for this? Driving to Santa Cruz by any chance? I'm hitching there after Van. Somebody has to be driving, or am I the only lunatic that ever drives.

Jason

you are indeed the only lunatic round these parts
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    bumpity bump
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    Hey Lisa, are you driving up for this? Driving to Santa Cruz by any chance? I'm hitching there after Van. Somebody has to be driving, or am I the only lunatic that ever drives.

Jason

Yay glad to see you are coming to the show too.
    Another preparty to enjoy beforehand as well.
  • Options
    there is one person from red mosquito that is coming that i know of, here handle is Bee Girl and her name is Ang, she should be added to the list.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Quite looking forward to it myself :)
    Me too! Can't wait to see you. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Me too! Can't wait to see you. :)

Can't wait to see you either :) I think you have my cell # ??
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Can't wait to see you either :) I think you have my cell # ??
    PM sent! See you soon. Getting my donations ready. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    anyone know a good place to get a room up there?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    GR8Dane wrote:
    anyone know a good place to get a room up there?

I've got a room booked at the Westin Grand which is right on the same block as The Centre... rooms are a bit pricey there, but if you are looking, a great website to get better deals at is http://www.hotelitto.com If you are thinking of staying at the Westin, go to hotelitto find the rate and them go to spg.com (which is the starwod preferred guest website for Sheraton and Westin brand hotels) and call the number on the spg site to book your room... tell them that you found a better rate at hotelitto.com and they will honor that rate plus give you an extra 10% off (and I know for a fact that the rates offered by hotelitto are cheaper thanat the spg site, and additionally booking through spg you don't have to pay for the room upfront (credit card required to hold it of course, but nothing's charged AND you can cancel up to 6pm on the day of check-in by using spg) Hotelitto is good, but you have to pay for the room in advance (you get your money back if you have to cancel, but I myself, always like to not worry about paying until I am at the hotel)... anyhow, that was really long-winded, but I hope it helps!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    PM sent! See you soon. Getting my donations ready. :)

:D

Yep see you soon!!
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:

Jason
    Flying to Seattle and hitching a ride with a complete stranger...so, if you don't see me at the show, Dirty Frank got me!
    genevieve wrote:
    Yay glad to see you are coming to the show too.
    Another preparty to enjoy beforehand as well.

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, and meeting some new pj friends...It was definitely time for a show. Winter is dragging on this year! See you guys in just a few days!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    yahamita wrote:
    Flying to Seattle and hitching a ride with a complete stranger...so, if you don't see me at the show, Dirty Frank got me!
    When are you getting to Seattle?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    When are you getting to Seattle?
    5:45 Tues April 1st...Can't wait to see you! How are you getting from point A to point B?????

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    yahamita wrote:
    5:45 Tues April 1st...Can't wait to see you! How are you getting from point A to point B?????
    My friend in my sig is driving. :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    My friend in my sig is driving. :)
    Dang, I should have hopped a ride with you guys from Portland! We would have been baked by Seattle...but we MUST hook up once were there. I plan on scoring some for all to share!

FREE GARRETT! Whatever he did...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Is anyone driving up from seattle the night before?
    Im flying into seattle from europe on April 1st and i wanna go home the night before i go to the show... looking for a ride but can always take the bus if no one is going :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Hey y'all - what time are we gonna get this party started?!!

cheers,
    jennifer

p.s. don't forget your passport if driving up from the states, and don't tell the border patrol if you are unemployed. (learned that the hard way.) just taking a few days vacation officer!!
    91:OffRamp,RKCNDY
    92:Lollapalooza; Drop in the Park
    96:Sea 98:Sea 00:Sea
    01:Sea, 02:Sea, 03:Van
    05:Gorge,Van, 06:Gorge,Bridge
    07:Wembley 08: EV Van, Rock Honors-LA
    09:Sea,Portland 10:London 11:PJ20,Van,EV-Benaroya
    12:Missoula,EV-Vegas