Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,145
    hey guys ill be there at 1 or so setting up for when any of you roll in ill be wearing a canucks hat, a red EV ccfa shirt with the guitar pic on it and have scruffy shoulder ish lenght blond hair

see you all there !! cant wait...

A Canucks hat??? :eek: Fuck I burned mine after last nights game :mad: :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    see you there im leaving right now. im the guy in the into the wild shirt. :)
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    how did the fundrasier turn out?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I hear $3500 when I asked last night.

OMG!!!! Ed definitely looked at our reqested setlist, and chose some of the songs from it. ..WOW!

A select few of us rocked out to PORCH, while everyone else remained seated. There were beautiful back drops selected, and the stage was simple but meaningful. and wait til you see HARD SUN!!! Theatrical! Liam was killer also. I'd pay again to see him perform.

Can't wait for night #2 tonight.

I got pics from the preparty to post when I return...and OMG!!! Foxymop! Ed had on white jeans and a butthole surfers shirt..I'll tell you all about him saying licking his balls when I get back! Holy shit, what an incredible night!!!

Beautiful theatre, beautiful people, beautiful vibes...Beautiful night, GUARANTEED!!!

I posted a tad bit more info on Given To Fly! Borders crossing info...
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    yahamita wrote:

OMG!!!! Ed definitely looked at our reqested setlist, and chose some of the songs from it. ..WOW!

A select few of us rocked out to PORCH, while everyone else remained seated. There were beautiful back drops selected, and the stage was simple but meaningful. and wait til you see HARD SUN!!! Theatrical! Liam was killer also. I'd pay again to see him perform.

I got pics from the preparty to post when I return...and OMG!!! Foxymop! Ed had on white jeans and a butthole surfers shirt..I'll tell you all about him saying licking his balls when I get back! Holy shit, what an incredible night!!!

Beautiful theatre, beautiful people, beautiful vibes...Beautiful night, GUARANTEED!!!

$3500?!?!... wow....

Sounded like a killer show.....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    yahamita wrote:

:eek:

Can't wait to see the pics and get the full story!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    A big thanks to all who participated in the organization of the Vancouver meet up!!!! ..april2nd
    What a night!
    Gonna remember this for a long time. Was impressed with absolutely everything!!!!!!
    Eddie rocked the city, my mind, heart, body and soul!!!!!
    The 10C got me 5th row floor tickets....shaweeet JEBUS!!!
    :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Born.Mine.DieBorn.Mine.Die Vancouver Posts: 224
    The Vancouver meet up was a great experience that I will never forget..
    I met the most amazing group of people. I never thought this many connections could happen all in one room at the same time....
    The fund raiser was fun and fabulous!...
    To the amazing people who helped plan the pre party thank you!..
    The shows will not be forgotten as well...
    9/1/05,9/2/05,9/4/05,9/5/05,5/24/06,5/25/06,5/27/06,5/30/06,7/16/06, 7/18/06,7/20/06,7/22/06,7/23/06,6/22/08,6/24/08,6/25/08,9/21/09,9/22/09,9/25/09,10/06/09,10/07/09, 05/07/10, 09/25/11

EV 04/02/08 04/03/08 07/16/11
  • Options
    $3500?!?!... wow....

Sounded like a killer show.....
    I was mis informed...Lets chat sometime....

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    pm sent, finally someone driving?

oh and this cfox thing is freaking ridiculous, I told you guys they are completely useless. I say we totally sabotage their party. I'm so serious about this. Rotate ppl on going over to redirect them over to our party and get them to donate to our charity. This will be so rock n roll.
    and YES, we were able to score a set of FOX's tickets...Way to go Soundgrunger!!!!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    yahamita wrote:
    and YES, we were able to score a set of FOX's tickets...Way to go Soundgrunger!!!!
    really?! RIGHT ON!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    The Vancouver meet up was a great experience that I will never forget..
    I met the most amazing group of people. I never thought this many connections could happen all in one room at the same time....
    The fund raiser was fun and fabulous!...
    To the amazing people who helped plan the pre party thank you!..
    The shows will not be forgotten as well...

Damn I love PJ fans :) And I wasn't even there! :):):)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    and we missed you!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Damn I love PJ fans :) And I wasn't even there! :):):)
    It was a very fun time as always! Wish you could have been there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    yahamita wrote:

Unfortunately this was not the total... the ACTUAL total was $1553. I am not sure who heard that it was $3500, but I counted the money myself (several times over) and that was the exact total! Thanks for all the wonderful donations & support!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I jumped the gun with the total...in my hypglycemic haze, I combined two conversations about money and then told Surfrider the wrong total...I did apologize as soon as I heard the $3400 + total was incorrect. Sorry for the confusion everyone. So, as sqizzelfritz and restlesssoul have said - the actual total was $1553...plus around $500 for Wishlist t-shirts and stickers. I warned everyone my math was terrible! ;)

The preparty was so well attended...so many people there buying raffle tickets and t-shirts! And it was loud with everyone having a great time, meeting new friends, and catching up with old ones - it was so great! You guys all came out in huge numbers and the preparty was a massive success. I even heard a couple of guys on the street the next day complaining that there wasn't another one for the second show....

Anyway, I want to again thanks everyone who helped out, in particular sqizzelfritz, yahamita, wolfbear, restlesssoul, brad, pjbiz, and anyone who's name I'll come back and edit into this list. It was fantastic meeting people for the first time and catching up with others I've met before. There were some other people I really wanted to meet, but I just didn't get a chance...I was thrilled to see everyone having such a good time and the smiling faces and PDAs left me (and hopefully everyone else) feeling quite happy.

Adrian and Denice from Surfrider were absolutely wonderful with donating so many cool "surf" things and informing people about the Surfrider Foundation and what they do. They were so thankful for the exposure they got....

And massive thanks to everyone who came out to support Surfrider, Wishlist, and Eddie Vedder! Pearl Jam fans are so awesome! Wednesday and Thursday were such great days of meeting new friends and kindred spirits, such interesting and cool people - the concerts were the icing on the cake! And yes, bawled like an idiot starting with Arc and then Hard Sun, but I think it was because of the emotional connection I felt with so many people over the two days. There's a whole pack of new people that I'm going to miss an awful lot!

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!

Kim H
    (vf10)
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    It was a GREAT, great time. Seeing old friends and meeting some for the first time!!! It was SO cool... just SO beautiful. Meeting people that I had been friends with for a while now :D

A big, BIG thank to soundgrunger. You are a real sweetheart :) I hope that karma comes back to you ! It would have been sad to miss night 2 and you were so super kind!!! So anyone that has extra tickets for LA or San Diego let soundgrunger know.. she deserves them!!!!
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Yes it was so great to meet everyone! Everyone was so great and the shows were AMAZING! And special thanks to soundgrunger--I love you girl! :D:D:D Thanks again and see you on Monday!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    hey pearljamjen and small town beck, did you see the pictures i posted!!!??!?!? haha...i had a great time....wish i could have spent more time with you two!!! miss you guys. until next time!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    hey pearljamjen and small town beck, did you see the pictures i posted!!!??!?!? haha...i had a great time....wish i could have spent more time with you two!!!

Yeah, likewise! It was great to meet you! :D And now we are on facebook so maybe we'll see ya at some shows! :D
  • Options
    hey pearljamjen and small town beck, did you see the pictures i posted!!!??!?!? haha...i had a great time....wish i could have spent more time with you two!!! miss you guys. until next time!

Cool pics :) Hope to see you at the next show :D It was great to meet you!!