Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So we are gonna rock the KINGSTON TAP HOUSE (Richards Street, Vancouver, BC) - and team up with Wishlist with entire proceeds going to the Vancouver Chapter of Surfrider Foundation. The set-up will begin around 1:30pm and the party should wrap up by showtime...So come on by if you want to help out and start the ball rolling!

****UPDATE: Surfrider Vancouver executive members will be partcipating and will be bringing t-shirts, hoodies, etc., as well as info about the Surfrider Foundation and the Vancouver Chapter****

Person in charge of venue:
*equallyworthless* (yay!)

Setter-Uppers:
restlessoul
vedderfan10
pjbiz (please?)
Yahamita

Bringers of Wishlist things:
wolfbear (yay!)

Auction/draw prize donations:
***Pearl Jam vs Ames book (Green) - all4me*** (update)
2006 Flight to Mars poster (mint) - vedderfan10
2008 Surfrider Billabong t-shirt (large) - vedderfan10
new york 1 and 2 bootlegs 2003 - restlessoul
mansfield bootleg 2003 - restlessoul
pearl jam 2006 world wide tour poster - restlessoul
2005 Thunder Bay poster - haggard _jamfan
autographed FTM Mike McCready photo - evenflowman
***** TWO ORCHESTRA LEVEL TICKETS***** - Tabi & Mr. Tabi

Other things TBA

Attendees (Whoo-hoo!!)

1. Vedderfan10
2. einatshaul + 3 friends
3. krisdababe
4. Mrs. Vedder78 + husband
5. EquallyWorthless + friends
6. wolfbear + husband (?)
7. restlessoul +
8. Born.Mine.Die.
9. Geneveive + 1
10. GR8Dane
11. pjbiz
12. Rise-Above + 1
13. Doin-the-evolution
14. Rockpants (?)
15. tbigwhoop + 1
16. juliefer
17. truant
18. Small Town Beck
19. mandalina
20. *dawn*
21. fanforlife
22. jmunden
23. Urban Hiker
24. Rockford
25. leavin here
26. yahamita
27. Hawkshore + 1
28. Mudfest + 1
29. 100 Pacer
30. Squizzlefritz + 1
31. Masterframer + 1
32. Cree Nation + 1
33. South of Seattle
34. Tish
35. KTownMomma + 1
36. drsnjrg + 1
37. Thrillhouse + 1
38. mdgsolo + 1
39. haggard_jamfan
40. bcjamfan
41. evenflowman
42. hewy
43. Manimal
44. Horse345 (sorry, can't remember your numbers, T!) +1
45. Blind3 + 1 (?)
be philanthropic
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Me
    and 5 friends! :)

Edit: not sure we'll have the time I'd like to have to invest in all this, but sure will be at Jimmy's before show!
  • Options
    If i manage to score tickets on Monday, i'll be there for sure!
    and i'll be sure to have something for an auction. I have a few extra posters here that i'm sure someone would love to have.
  • Options
    Granted I get tickets on Monday or Friday my husband and I will there too :)
    I wish I could offer some help as far as planning and stuff but we are on vacation from Miami in Seattle so our schedule is tight in that aspect...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    not to sure if i have anything to donate but ill be there with the wife and a couple of friends most likely.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    If we get tickets we're in. I'd love to help out in any way I can. :)
    It will be great to see you again as well!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    If we get tickets we're in. I'd love to help out in any way I can. :)
    It will be great to see you again as well!

Yeah-huh! It will be great to see YOU again!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    restlesssoul

Born.Mine.Die.

we will both be there.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Bumping for Vancouvah love ;)
  • Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    5 friends? you bringing your posse from overseas or these are new friends from your new home?

Vancouver = Best city in the world. Thanks Ed!!!

Jason

New home = New friends!!! :)

and hopefully one posse member from home, if spares suffice...
  • Options
    hey you guys i was thinking, I know Jimmys is right next to the centre but the Kingston Taphouse is around the corner, Jimmys is kind of small, cramped and expensive whereas Kingston has more of a pub feel to it and its large, also they facilitate very large parties.

They have pool tables and a large rec room downstairs and also because they are a licensed restaurant as well so Minors are welcome (not sure if any of you are) but still just in case.

I mentioned this in the otehr thread but it didnt catch flight so I thought id throw it out over here, I also used to work there so I can call and make a reservation or whatever, if whoever is planning needs anything Im here in Vancouver.

http://www.kingstontaphouse.com/
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    that's awesome! :)

i missed out on the vancouver meet in 2005, stuck in traffic on our way up from the gorge. :o hahaha. but all those local preparties were fantastic! would be uber cool if you were to find a local charity to support, one the band endorses, or not...just a worthy cause...and get ever penny you raise into the hands of a local charity! kudos to you all! wish i could make it for some of these shows, these meet-ups.....just cheer you on in spirit!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hey you guys i was thinking, I know Jimmys is right next to the centre but the Kingston Taphouse is around the corner, Jimmys is kind of small, cramped and expensive whereas Kingston has more of a pub feel to it and its large, also they facilitate very large parties.

They have pool tables and a large rec room downstairs and also because they are a licensed restaurant as well so Minors are welcome (not sure if any of you are) but still just in case.

I mentioned this in the otehr thread but it didnt catch flight so I thought id throw it out over here, I also used to work there so I can call and make a reservation or whatever, if whoever is planning needs anything Im here in Vancouver.

i think this is a good idea. the pub feel is where its at. pjbiz, where will you be in april?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    OK....So we'll move from Jimmy's to the Kingston. It's on Richards, isn't it? Near Georgia? OK. Yeah, I also mentioned that in another thread but everyone seemed to be leaning towards Jimmy's because it is in the same building as The Centre...

Anyway, the Kingston sounds like a more comfortable place....so yeah!! We rock the Kingston!!

As for a local charity: I'll email 10Club and see if they can recommend something. I know they'll be busy tomorrow, so it might be a little while before we hear back from them.

And EquallyWorthless - that would be awesome if you could call the Kingston! If we get enough people, maybe they give us free nachos?? :)
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    i think this is a good idea. the pub feel is where its at. pjbiz, where will you be in april?

Pjbiz will be wherever Eddie calls! ;)
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    If I get tix i will be there with a friend.

I would like to propose what I did at the Edmonton pre party.
    If we all burned a bunch of concerts and swaped what we had with what we didnt that would be great.

I have notheing to donate....
    Well maybe that supersuckers CD Mke gave me.

haha
    kidding.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I hope to meet up.... but aint saying chit til I confirm I get tix.......
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    pjbiz wrote:
    well i wont be in brazil...

as for charities... contact laura (foxymop), the wishlist foundation will need someone to organize a ccfa fundraiser for vancouver...

if i was at home i would volunteer, but i´ll most likely get back the day before the show..

see ya´ll there

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/

Thanks for the mention J! :) Are you going to all the shows? I hope so, so I get to see ya in LA!

We are definitely looking to host/promote a party in each city, but since it's an EV tour, we were thinking Surfrider Foundation and other local charities Ed supports in each city.

Vedderfan10, if would be great if you wanted to combine them up! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    awww shit j, you comin back for the show!!! nice,..gonna be great.
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Bollocks. If only this was a Jeff's Birthday tour rather than an April Fools tour...
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    I'll be there + 1. I too missed to prefunk last time in Vancouver because of the traffic coming from the Gorge to the Vancouver show, so this sounds like a blast. I'll look around and think about what to donate.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....there's much more than this.
    www.myspace.com/kryslowe
  • Options
    I will know in T-Minus 6 Minutes whether or not I go to Van
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,554
    I will know in T-Minus 6 Minutes whether or not I go to Van

what's happening in 6 minutes?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    bump

who got tickets ?? whos in for a meet up ?? im gonna call the kingston today so lets get this going
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955

thank goodness this is in my own country... dont have to worry about that whole minor thing anymore! WOOHOO.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    forgot to say, sign me up.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    kingston taphouse it is......im fired up!
  • Options
    i post here as much as Stone sings live at a PJ gig, but count me in +1

thanks 10C

t
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 386
    OK, i didn't want to count my chickens before they're hatched, but i got tix, so i'm in!

My plan B if i didn't get was to make an eddie stained glass to offer as a trade. i have it designed but not made, i could maybe throw it in the auction, if there is one.
  • Options
    truanttruant Posts: 34
    sign me up, too... will probably have an extra tic

***extra no longer available***
    ** Seattle II 11/06/00 ** Key Arena 12/08/02 ** Key Arena 12/09/02 ** Vancouver 05/30/03 ** Benaroya 10/22/03 ** Santa Barbara 10/28/03 ** NW School 03/18/05 ** Gorge 09/01/05 ** Gorge I 07/22/06 ** Gorge II 07/23/06 ** Hawaii 12/02/06 ** Vancouver EV 04/02/08 ** DC 06/22/08 **
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We're in! Sounds like Small Town Beck will be coming too. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."