Options

Vancouver Meet Up?

Comments

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    :eek:
    watch out, the feds might be reading this.....
    remember, it will only be a few weeks till you cross that border.... don't be surprised if they don't let you in! ;)
    not even a few weeks... 8 days!!
    and i'll have one of you aussies with me! with a MULLET at that!
    this looks like trouble..
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    BLIND MELON APRIL FIRST SEATTLE

. i had a hotel pre booked for the ed thing, but now im going anyway for blind melon. i made a thread in the other music section, thought people might want to know about it here too.....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    BLIND MELON APRIL FIRST SEATTLE

. i had a hotel pre booked for the ed thing, but now im going anyway for blind melon. i made a thread in the other music section, thought people might want to know about it here too.....
    i changed my flight home (via seattle) to april 1st even though i had heard the rumour about eddie... i figured whatever i'm seeing him twice already.

but i mean... if none of my flights are delayed and i came straight from the airport i could make any show downtown i'm sure if i went in late.

thx for letting us know.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    I really don't want to go through the 27 pages on this thread, so, quick question:

Is there a pre-party being planned for night 2?
  • Options
    chitty wrote:
    I really don't want to go through the 27 pages on this thread, so, quick question:

in short, yes but night one is the big one
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    for those trying to get tickets for the thursday show, tabi has graciously put up a pair of tix for thursdays show to be auctioned off on wednesday!!!! wow!!!!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    chitty wrote:

I think so i hope so actually cuz i will be there for both shows cant wait
  • Options
    ManimalManimal Posts: 152
    Is anyone staying at the Cambie Hostel on Tuesday?
    DVD: http://db.etree.org/Manimal
    Posters: www.expressobeans.com/trader.php?id=Manimal&view=4
  • Options
    Manimal wrote:
    Is anyone staying at the Cambie Hostel on Tuesday?

nope but the cambie is rooooooowwwwwwwwdy !!!! The bar actually separates after 10pm so if you dont want to be bothered by locals there is a section ONLY for people staying in the hostel...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Thats actually pretty standard for a sit down restaurant/bar not named McDonalds or Burger King.
    2 places I can NOT eat at..My stomach can't stomach fast food.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    nope but the cambie is rooooooowwwwwwwwdy !!!! The bar actually separates after 10pm so if you dont want to be bothered by locals there is a section ONLY for people staying in the hostel...

Good point .............Mainmal may want to consider some sort of concealed weapon .........perhaps poisonous blow darts? ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    *dawn* wrote:
    Two-Buck Chuck is actually $3 or $4 dollars per bottle now in WA - but if you're still interested, I'd be glad to bring you some across. Cab? Merlot? Chard? Shiraz? I have no need for a sponge LOL but wouldn't mind a drink at the Kingston.
    Is it illegal to take booze across the boarder?

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

No but there can be taxes and duty if you are over the allowable limits
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    yahamita wrote:

Nope - wouldn't offer if it was :) (way too paraniod!)

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/AboutBC/KeyTravelInformation/BritishColumbia.htm

Americans entering Canada (per person allowance)
    Alcohol: 40 oz liquor or wine, or 24 containers beer (12 oz.)
    Gifts - no duty up to $60
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Good point .............Mainmal may want to consider some sort of concealed weapon .........perhaps poisonous blow darts? ;)

Thanks for the tips Hawkshor and Equallyworthless! ha. I may have another place to crash hopefully. Does anyone know if the Hi-Hostel is any better?
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I saw a +1 ? for me on the attendees list. No +1 at this point. Just me. Thanks for adding me.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I am here right now for a conference till Friday, staying downtown. Where is the best place for pizza here.
    ps. ......hungry
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Blind3 wrote:
    I saw a +1 ? for me on the attendees list. No +1 at this point. Just me. Thanks for adding me.

Well, we'll be on Richards Street, so I'm sure we could find a "date" for you without too much trouble...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    Well, we'll be on Richards Street, so I'm sure we could find a "date" for you without too much trouble...

omg...when I was 19 and a couple of my teenage and very naive girl friends went to Canada to beat the WA drinking age and go out partying - we went to Richards on Richards. Took us two hours to figure out the deal. Soooo embarrassing!
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Dicks on Dicks? Actually, back in the day it wasn't so horrible inside, it was all the hookers outside that were the problem...quite the stroll, that's for sure.

As for pizza Cree....Zaccary's on Oak Street - the OTHER side of False Creek...I think they deliver...Best pizza anywhere! When we're over there for the Ed shows, hubby and I are going there a much as possible! We used to live around the corner and yeah, that was mostly where we ate dinner!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Dicks on Dicks? Actually, back in the day it wasn't so horrible inside, it was all the hookers outside that were the problem...quite the stroll, that's for sure.

As for pizza Cree....Zaccary's on Oak Street - the OTHER side of False Creek...I think they deliver...Best pizza anywhere! When we're over there for the Ed shows, hubby and I are going there a much as possible! We used to live around the corner and yeah, that was mostly where we ate dinner!!

hahah they just moved up a little farther up the block, in front of the penthouse on Seymour.

Richards on Richards is a dive but its a dam great venue to see a show at!!
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    So I was wondering who is staying where in Van for hotels...
    Turns out I need accomodations for the evening with my friend.
    I dont know what I was thinking... driving 4 hours to Peachland home would suck ass.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 608
    in short, yes but night one is the big one

same bar? Early start as well? I doubt that considering the hangovers everyone from Night 1 will have...
  • Options
    Manimal wrote:
    Thanks for the tips Hawkshor and Equallyworthless! ha. I may have another place to crash hopefully. Does anyone know if the Hi-Hostel is any better?

Manimal I'm just messing with you :) ........I'm not sure about the quality of the hostels perhaps trip advisor has some useful feedback
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    hahah they just moved up a little farther up the block, in front of the penthouse on Seymour.

Richards on Richards is a dive but its a dam great venue to see a show at!!

You can always see more on Seymour!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Manimal I'm just messing with you :) ........I'm not sure about the quality of the hostels perhaps trip advisor has some useful feedback

Oh yeah I figured i wouldn't need blow darts, maybe just a taser or a large stick. I stayed in a hostel in Vancouver once before and it was so loud... More so then any other hostel I've been too. But I forget which one..
  • Options
    *dawn* wrote:
    Nope - wouldn't offer if it was :) (way too paraniod!)

http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/AboutBC/KeyTravelInformation/BritishColumbia.htm

Americans entering Canada (per person allowance)
    Alcohol: 40 oz liquor or wine, or 24 containers beer (12 oz.)
    Gifts - no duty up to $60
    I'm with ya on that one, sista!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    yahamita wrote:
    I'm with ya on that one, sista!

Yo there is also a duty free store about 20 seconds past the border into Canada where you can buy liquor cheaper as well.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    bump
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Yo there is also a duty free store about 20 seconds past the border into Canada where you can buy liquor cheaper as well.
    What about Bud???(not Weiser)

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-