Options

Hello from Israel

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    The fact that Hezbollah doesn't want peace is not a surprise, and again it doesn't justify the killing of civillians by the Israeli army. Anyway i think i made my point on these 12 pages. Might be time for Isreal to declare war instead of acting like terrorist themselves.

First learn how to spell Israel, and then live here in the Middle East for a while, Then go ahead and give out your valuable advice…
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    I was just jumping around reading the news....

This is going to be a fucking disaster.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    einatshaul wrote:
    .... then live here in the Middle East for a while, Then go ahead and give out your valuable advice…

This I can respect.

I hope you're safe and out of harm's way.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    einatshaul wrote:
    First learn how to spell Israel, and then live here in the Middle East for a while, Then go ahead and give out your valuable advice…

Kind of like reading your side of the story and then being told everything else is wrong. Ah yeah!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    einatshaul wrote:

then we should all shut the fuck up and close this message board, stupid... oh, Israel, sorry for all the typo errors...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    I just have to clarify some facts:

Yesterday the Hezbollah crossed Israel's northern board via Lebanon, and attacked two patrol jeeps using RPG's deep into Israeli territory. They ended up with killing 3 Israeli's soldiers and kidnapping 2 of them. Israel immediately sent a tank in order to chase the Hezbollah terrorists, but they managed to bomb it and kill yet another 4 Israelis troops & injured 3 more. Israel decided to bomb some roads & bridges in southern Lebanon, in order to stop the terrorists from getting too far away with the Israeli hijacked soldiers (as they try to do many times in the past). It didn't work out. Instead, Hezbollah had started massive missals attack towards large civilian populations in northern parts of Israel. To this point they killed 2 Israeli civilians, injured 90, and caused lots of property damage. They are still shooting while I'm writing this post.

All the massive Israeli attack toward southern Lebanon is a *response* to Hezbollah's deliberate constant shooting towards Israelis civilians since last morning. It has nothing to do with Gaza and the occupied territories in southern Israel. Israel moved out of Lebanon 6 years ago and never went back. During those years Hezbollah kept shooting missals towards Israel from time to time, and even kidnapped & killed 3 Israelis soldiers (the same way they did yesterday). Israel never responded to all of the above, but yesterday it was too much – Hezbollah literally started a deliberate massive attack towards Israeli civilians FOR NO REASON.

Ok, they've just shot 2 missals at my hometown, port city of Haifa, for the very first time in history. That means really bad news for everybody.

Fuck.

I am greatly disheartened by what has been happening with Israel/Hezbollah, Israel/Hamas, threats from Syria, chaos and civil war in Iraq and then throw Iran in the mix making noise.
    World War 3 is starting and no seems to realize it.

I hope you will be ok. Get out if you can. Its only going to get worse before it gets better.
    "Clever and esoteric Ed Vedder quote" -- E.V.
  • Options
    ConXConX Posts: 39
    shiraz wrote:
    I'm sorry, but you are wrong. Israel is bombing airports, seaports, bridges & main roads in Lebanon (stopping our kidnapped soliders from being taken to Iran), NOT civilians. Hezbollah now acts only against israeli civilians - arabs & jaws. And why shouldn't we blame the Lebanese government? If they are alowing this (=to be controled by a group of terrorists and have them in the parlament) then they should take responsibility along with Asad.

So that's why 100 Lebanese civilians are dead and less than 30 Israeli civilians are? You are goddamned blindly biased in favour of your country. The Lebanese government doesn't have the power to stop Hezbollah, it's not their fault. Jesus Christ.

There is wrong on both sides but don't ignore that your country is brutally attacking Lebanon's infastructure with alterior motives.
  • Options
    ConX wrote:
    So that's why 100 Lebanese civilians are dead and less than 30 Israeli civilians are? You are goddamned blindly biased in favour of your country. The Lebanese government doesn't have the power to stop Hezbollah, it's not their fault. Jesus Christ.

Agreed. It seems fairly wide accepted that the Lebanese government has no control over the Hezbollah. Israel is unfairly punishing people who had nothing to do with their soldiers being kidnapped.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,410
    from indymedia ireland:

Zena el-Khalil writing from Beirut, Lebanon, Live from Palestine, 13 July 2006

Bombing the global village: Syrian Mubashir TV images of Israeli TV images of Israeli airforce bombcams showing the bombing of Beirut. In the Arab world - not to mention in Lebanon itself - people were glued to their television sets in horror at Israel's decimation of the civilian infrastructure. (EI)

For the last half hour or so, I have been watching the skyline outside my balcony. It is on fire. It's 4:14am.

At 3:28am this morning, I woke up to the sound of Israeli jets flying low over our skies in Beirut. I was just beginning to finally fall asleep, had racing thoughts in my mind all night, cramps in my stomach, fear... Just as I thought I was going to fall asleep, I heard the sound of jets, followed by one explosion after another.

It has calmed down now. I hear morning prayers in the distance.

I am at home with some friends who have taken refugee with us. A lot of them foreigners. We are trying to explain... Who, what, why... But, we're also trying to be normal. Because being normal is what got Lebanese through 20 some years of war. We are joking about how the airport is on fire because of all the alcohol in the duty free. We are trying to be normal.

Up until now, Israel has done the following:

blown up our international airport, runways, and gas tanks for planes. No one can leave or enter the country.
    blown up small military domestic airports (both in the north and south)
    blown up all bridges and roads linking beirut to the south
    blown up areas/villages of the south, everything from the deep south to saida
    blown up ... As I type this now, another jet is flying by, it is so loud ... Continue... Blown up the suburbs (Dahiye).. Three missiles
    blown up the Beirut-Damascus road at several points
    we are surrounded at sea as well, there are military ships launching attacks

...Not watching TV anymore, but I know there is so much more going on.

Thousands evacuated their homes from the south today. They had to walk for miles because their cars could not cross the highway.

Another jet and another explosion. This is all going into Dahiyeh. I can see the red anti-aircraft tracer bullets being shot in retaliation. Pointless. The weapons Hizbullah have are old and out dated World War II left overs from Russia... No match for Israeli technology.

Newest update, it's 4:26am, Israelis are attacking the city, Saida, from sea. They are targeting the bridge that connects to Saida.

Another really loud bomb. My heart is racing. I can only pretend to be brave.

Everything that is happening now is because Israel is trying to wipe out any trace of Hizballah in Lebanon. In the process of doing all this, they have wiped out our infrastructure. Our roads, bridges, etc., civilian homes, innocent lives.

It's 4:32am and I have a knot in my stomach. I am praying they don't hit the electricity. I want my Internet. I think it's the only thing that will help me stay normal.

Latest update: 9 missile raids into Dahiyeh in the last hour. There are now several parts of Beirut without electricity.

I am praying for the people in Dahiyeh... Another really really loud bomb. I guess that makes it 10 now.

I am angry now. The things that cross your mind... I just set up a new installation last week, now, noone will get to see it.

I was just about ready to launch an international residency program here... Not going to happen now.

Was just planning to start a family... who wants to get pregnant now?

Ladies and gentlemen, I did not want to burden you with the troubles of war but I think it is really important that the world knows what is going on. We are under attack by Israel. It is unjust and unfair. I wonder what the media coverage is like out there.

All this must end. Israel must be stopped. This is so unjust and unfair. Everything we've worked on for the past 10 years is gone now. So, so, so unjust and unfair. We had so many cultural events planned for the summer... exhibits... concerts... plays, etc. ? all gone.

Dear friends, pray for us. For this madness to end. Pray for the Lebanese people to stick through this together and not lose their cool.

Believe it or not, the sun is beginning to rise and I actually hear birds chirping.

With love,
    Zena el-Khalil
    5:02am
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    ConX wrote:

There is wrong on both sides but don't ignore that your country is brutally attacking Lebanon's infastructure with alterior motives.

Well said. As I stated earlier had Israel decided to just hit Hezbollah targets I would have no problem, but they have decided to excalate an already bad situation by attacking civilian targets.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    mammasan wrote:
    Well said. As I stated earlier had Israel decided to just hit Hezbollah targets I would have no problem, but they have decided to excalate an already bad situation by attacking civilian targets.

You contradict the notion of what is good. You cannot say I have no problem with evil deeds of men then claim that the opposite is ok as well. Bad is bad. I understand what you are saying, and I believe your intentions are genuine, however war in any form simply cannot be allowed to continue. Nothing good can ever be accomplished at all. That mindset allows the gov't death machine to carry forward on that premise alone.

The media is being allowed to desensitize us all to war and spread the fear of terrorism to insane levels. That is all that we are fed daily neverending. Nothing is improving, it is just becoming our focus and obsession.

The media has become deplorable source of garbage.
  • Options
    You contradict the notion of what is good. You cannot say I have no problem with evil deeds of men then claim that the opposite is ok. Bad is bad. I understand what you are saying, and I believe your intentions are genuine, however war in any form simply cannot be allowed to continue. Nothing good can ever be accomplished at all. That mindset allows the gov't death machine to carry forward on that premise alone.

The media is being allowed to desensitize us all to war and spread the fear of terrorism to insane levels. That is all that we are fed daily neverending. Nothing is improving, it is just becoming our focus and obsession.

I never stated that any type of attack was good. I stated that I can understand Israel, and support their decision, to attack Hizbollah targets in Southern Lenbanon since Hizbollah did insigate. Just because I can understand and support it doesn't mean I believe it is a good thing.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    mammasan wrote:
    I never stated that any type of attack was good. I stated that I can understand Israel, and support their decision, to attack Hizbollah targets in Southern Lenbanon since Hizbollah did insigate. Just because I can understand and support it doesn't mean I believe it is a good thing.

Sorry, however I was referencing this: "As I stated earlier had Israel decided to just hit Hezbollah targets I would have no problem"

however clarification can be exactly that, and I'll take your word for it.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i hope we all can agree that war is not the answer to our problems as a species
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i hope we all can agree that war is not the answer to our problems as a species

Violence is not the answer to violence.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mammasan wrote:

now if we can get the other 3 billion people on board we will be ok :)
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    from indymedia ireland:

Zena el-Khalil writing from Beirut, Lebanon, Live from Palestine, 13 July 2006

Bombing the global village: Syrian Mubashir TV images of Israeli TV images of Israeli airforce bombcams showing the bombing of Beirut. In the Arab world - not to mention in Lebanon itself - people were glued to their television sets in horror at Israel's decimation of the civilian infrastructure. (EI)

For the last half hour or so, I have been watching the skyline outside my balcony. It is on fire. It's 4:14am.

At 3:28am this morning, I woke up to the sound of Israeli jets flying low over our skies in Beirut. I was just beginning to finally fall asleep, had racing thoughts in my mind all night, cramps in my stomach, fear... Just as I thought I was going to fall asleep, I heard the sound of jets, followed by one explosion after another.

It has calmed down now. I hear morning prayers in the distance.

I am at home with some friends who have taken refugee with us. A lot of them foreigners. We are trying to explain... Who, what, why... But, we're also trying to be normal. Because being normal is what got Lebanese through 20 some years of war. We are joking about how the airport is on fire because of all the alcohol in the duty free. We are trying to be normal.

Up until now, Israel has done the following:

blown up our international airport, runways, and gas tanks for planes. No one can leave or enter the country.
    blown up small military domestic airports (both in the north and south)
    blown up all bridges and roads linking beirut to the south
    blown up areas/villages of the south, everything from the deep south to saida
    blown up ... As I type this now, another jet is flying by, it is so loud ... Continue... Blown up the suburbs (Dahiye).. Three missiles
    blown up the Beirut-Damascus road at several points
    we are surrounded at sea as well, there are military ships launching attacks

...Not watching TV anymore, but I know there is so much more going on.

Thousands evacuated their homes from the south today. They had to walk for miles because their cars could not cross the highway.

Another jet and another explosion. This is all going into Dahiyeh. I can see the red anti-aircraft tracer bullets being shot in retaliation. Pointless. The weapons Hizbullah have are old and out dated World War II left overs from Russia... No match for Israeli technology.

Newest update, it's 4:26am, Israelis are attacking the city, Saida, from sea. They are targeting the bridge that connects to Saida.

Another really loud bomb. My heart is racing. I can only pretend to be brave.

Everything that is happening now is because Israel is trying to wipe out any trace of Hizballah in Lebanon. In the process of doing all this, they have wiped out our infrastructure. Our roads, bridges, etc., civilian homes, innocent lives.

It's 4:32am and I have a knot in my stomach. I am praying they don't hit the electricity. I want my Internet. I think it's the only thing that will help me stay normal.

Latest update: 9 missile raids into Dahiyeh in the last hour. There are now several parts of Beirut without electricity.

I am praying for the people in Dahiyeh... Another really really loud bomb. I guess that makes it 10 now.

I am angry now. The things that cross your mind... I just set up a new installation last week, now, noone will get to see it.

I was just about ready to launch an international residency program here... Not going to happen now.

Was just planning to start a family... who wants to get pregnant now?

Ladies and gentlemen, I did not want to burden you with the troubles of war but I think it is really important that the world knows what is going on. We are under attack by Israel. It is unjust and unfair. I wonder what the media coverage is like out there.

All this must end. Israel must be stopped. This is so unjust and unfair. Everything we've worked on for the past 10 years is gone now. So, so, so unjust and unfair. We had so many cultural events planned for the summer... exhibits... concerts... plays, etc. ? all gone.

Dear friends, pray for us. For this madness to end. Pray for the Lebanese people to stick through this together and not lose their cool.

Believe it or not, the sun is beginning to rise and I actually hear birds chirping.

With love,
    Zena el-Khalil
    5:02am

I wish you luck, and hope you're safe. Its a a new day...maybe the fuckups starting this war will realize it's doing more harm than good. Somehow this madness will stop.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    better put: our distraction......
    as long as world is in turmoil, it will give b*s* admin a key to hold on to presidency in 2008...similar to roosevelt during ww11...many don't see it, and many wont believe it, but then again, no-body wants to recognize that democracy is one big illusion...we are not free...

similar to what i said earlier about cops and schools in u.s.....desensitize...desensitize.....is the name of the game...get used to it or start organizing.....

there is no hope for peace amongst the greedy and even if we all had everythign we needed and could use; human beings always seem to want more....

my thoughts and wishes are with people who suffer wrongly or unjustly...
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    violence begets violence.......;(
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    melodious wrote:
    violence begets violence.......;(
    Completely.

If anyone would want to test this theory on the board, check it out--treat another poster sarcastically, and you will most likely trigger their own sarcasm. Treat them with hostility, and you will elicit hostility from them. Treat them with Love and you will get Love back. It's a base psychological principle. There are the exceptions from the few balanced people, but it generally works.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    Completely.

If anyone would want to test this theory on the board, check it out--treat another poster sarcastically, and you will most likely trigger their own sarcasm. Treat them with hostility, and you will elicit hostility from them. Treat them with Love and you will get Love back. It's a base psychological principle. There are the exceptions from the few balanced people, but it generally works.
    this theory has been tested more than once, angelica....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    melodious wrote:
    this theory has been tested more than once, angelica....
    You said it! I see it playing out day in and out!
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:

Ignoring the humanitarian issue: Israel's response seems like a piece of colossal tactical stupidity. There are many Lebanese who are thoroughly sick of Hezbollah and Syria as the demonstrations earlier this year showed. Israel has just completely destroyed any chance of that faction maintaining control of government. Given that the Cedar revolution was one of the few success stories of the War On Terror, this course of action is insane.
  • Options
    Ignoring the humanitarian issue: Israel's response seems like a piece of colossal tactical stupidity. There are many Lebanese who are thoroughly sick of Hezbollah and Syria as the demonstrations earlier this year showed. Israel has just completely destroyed any chance of that faction maintaining control of government. Given that the Cedar revolution was one of the few success stories of the War On Terror, this course of action is insane.

So true. Here is a country that was finally breaking away from Syria's influence and was making serious strides toward democracy and now all that work will be set back.
  • Options
    has anyone here asked OP from israel if there's anything you can personally do to make life easier? is there anything anyone of us can do to help you??????
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    ConX wrote:

Actually, a total of 70 civilians have been killed and 207 wounded in Lebanon (according to al jazeera). It's sick. My point is - We are not aiming towards civilians *on purpose*, Hezbollah is. That's how the whole thing got started (along with the kidnapping of 2 soliders). And if you would like to sum it all in a stupid statistics (civilians are MORE than just numbers!), the reason for our "lower" number of casualties is simple: The majority of people from northern Israel left their houses and went to a safer place. Others like my brother chose to stay in their shelters.

The Hezbollah acts FOR NO REASON, and us civilians (in Israel & Lebanon) are paying the price for its provocation. My only hope is that I'm sure the Israeli public will not allow the current situation to get worse - we don't want to come back to where we've been 20 years ago.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    NMyTree wrote:
    This I can respect.

I hope you're safe and out of harm's way.

Thank you, so far hundreds of missiles have fallen on the north, wounded and killed people, just living their lives, one fell near by, in my city of Haifa.
    I'm not saying people should shut the fuck up, I think a discussion like this should be backed with knowledge, and it hurts me to read so many ignorant responses, while innocent people – on both sides, individual people who have no place in the decision making process over our heads - are being killed. We can only be aware of the terrible actions on both sides, but stop judging "Israelis" and "Palestinians" and "Lebanese" as a whole.
    It is just offensive and ignorant.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    einatshaul wrote:
    Thank you, so far hundreds of missiles have fallen on the north, wounded and killed people, just living their lives, one fell near by, in my city of Haifa.
    I'm not saying people should shut the fuck up, I think a discussion like this should be backed with knowledge, and it hurts me to read so many ignorant responses, while innocent people – on both sides, individual people who have no place in the decision making process over our heads - are being killed. We can only be aware of the terrible actions on both sides, but stop judging "Israelis" and "Palestinians" and "Lebanese" as a whole.
    It is just offensive and ignorant.

You know, you are correct.

Without a doubt I (and most of us here) don't know as much, as we think we do about what's going on over there. Every where you look there are people and media outlets making claims to the facts. You could find dozens of websites listing various statistics and they could all mean absolutley nothing.

As you well stated, and as I have always believed-people aren't just numbers.....beans to fill a bowl of statistics. We are taking about human beings.

It's easy to sit back and pass judgement, when one is thousands of miles away and sheltered from this type of on-going conflict-when it's not happening in one's frontyard.

Definitely food for thought.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    You know, you are correct.

Definitely food for thought.
    we all can eat from this table, can't we?

how i wish i had a magik wand; i zap all the anquish to be gone
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    ConXConX Posts: 39
    shiraz wrote:
    Actually, a total of 70 civilians have been killed and 207 wounded in Lebanon (according to al jazeera). It's sick. My point is - We are not aiming towards civilians *on purpose*, Hezbollah is. That's how the whole thing got started (along with the kidnapping of 2 soliders). And if you would like to sum it all in a stupid statistics (civilians are MORE than just numbers!), the reason for our "lower" number of casualties is simple: The majority of people from northern Israel left their houses and went to a safer place. Others like my brother chose to stay in their shelters.

The Hezbollah acts FOR NO REASON, and us civilians (in Israel & Lebanon) are paying the price for its provocation. My only hope is that I'm sure the Israeli public will not allow the current situation to get worse - we don't want to come back to where we've been 20 years ago.

You cannot justify what your country is doing. Today, at least 20 more Lebanese have been killed. I don't agree with Hezbollah, but I sure as hell don't agree with the merciless backlash from your government on a country that seems to be pretty helpless (where is the ACTUAL Lebanese army?). Israel is bombing Lebanon itsself into utter submission, not just targeting Hezbollah. It is the country of Lebanon, that has strived to recover from grave problems over the past 10 or so years, that is suffering most from this and will be "driven back 20 years" (as your Israeli government says) by these attacks.

The capture of two soldiers and aggressive actions from an enemy militant group does not justify the rape of a country.

There isn't really much point in us argueing...... Stay safe, but remember your country is just as bad.....