Options

Hello from Israel

Comments

• Options
    Depends on what you think is really broken and your definition, and actions, of fixing the problem.

America promotes war as a solution. War is evil (to sound like a broken record), but can you not see it for what it is? There is ALWAYS a peaceful solution to every problem. Do not let anyone fool you (ever) of that reality.

Call it out for what it is, otherwise you serve no higher purpose in your life other than to support the most destructive of all human emotions. Both within yourself and towards others.

No there is not always a peaceful solution. Yes, peace should always be the goal, war a distant second, but get off your Buddha Zen high horse and get real. Israel left part of Gaza, packed up and left. What happened? Palestinian terrorists setup shop and started lobbing mortars and rockets towards Israel civilians. Israel left Lebonan, and what happened? Hezbollah militants crossed into Israeli territory and captured two soldiers and killed a handful of others. Until Palestine and the Lebanese gov't start to seriously condemn and crack down on these terrorist organizations, there will never be peace. To say there is always a peaceful solution is simply not correct.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374
    Please degine ow we should grow a spine...I thoguht we had one when our PM (Jean Cretian) said no to helping the States in Iraq.....

Well, if you Canadiens are so against what America does, what are you doing in the middle of this?

Canadiens often speak as if their goverment, corporations and citizens are better than America's and place themselves above it all. If you all truely believe that, then stop running your businesses in a capitalistic manner and getting involved in "American-type" things".
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    NMyTree wrote:
    Well, if you Canadiens are so against what America does, what are you doing in the middle of this?

Canadiens often speak as if their goverment, corporations and citizens are better than America's and place themselves above it all. If you all truely believe that, then stop running your businesses in a capitalistic manner and getting involved in "American-type" things".

In the middle of what?

I am against our government and what they stand for and how they want to do business.

As a citizen of the world I have every right to say anything about any country that I feel fit....plus I do not own a business but if I did it would be run in a manner that would be considered acceptable.....no lying about profits, no unfit environemental destruction, treat employees fairly, etc. There are good corps and there are bad corps...
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    Hey thankyou...did you see the Nader speech he did at Laval a few years ago..the man is brilliant too bad mainstream media in the States label his as a fool which of course for many...TV dicates "truth"...would not even listen to this guy...would make a great leader....IMHO....

I was listening to the interview and was thinking "this man would be a great PM in Canada", he'd be so popular he could win majority until his retirement. There was also a great interview with Al Gore on Radio Canada just recently, the man is really into environment and seem to love Québec (most progressive in North America, he said) ... and he also love Canada, but was critical of S. Harper...

I remember that speech in Laval but it was an invite only elite international school thing. The interview i'm talking about was done shortly after that visit.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    No there is not always a peaceful solution. Yes, peace should always be the goal, war a distant second, but get off your Buddha Zen high horse and get real. Israel left part of Gaza, packed up and left. What happened? Palestinian terrorists setup shop and started lobbing mortars and rockets towards Israel civilians. Israel left Lebonan, and what happened? Hezbollah militants crossed into Israeli territory and captured two soldiers and killed a handful of others. Until Palestine and the Lebanese gov't start to seriously condemn and crack down on these terrorist organizations, there will never be peace. To say there is always a peaceful solution is simply not correct.

Maybe, but bombing airports, killing civillians and all the other acts Isreal just commit (again not talking about the past), are the very opposite of a peaceful solution, they don't have to destroy a complete innocent Lebanese family to secure their country. I'm sure there's a middle ground somewhere, it might not be call peace, but it's sure not called an all out millitary offensive against another country.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    thankyougrandma, I wasn't defending Israel. In fact in my first response to shiraz, I made myself perfectly clear where I stand on it.

Much like someone else said just a few posts ago, I'm fed up and sick to my stomach with all this Middle East fighting crap. Sick of it, I tell you.

Sometimes I think I'd like to take all of them (in the Middle East) and our spectacular current administration, fly them off to a distant moon and drop all of them there, so they can carry on their neverending feud. At least they'd be killing themselves, instead of killing so many innocent men, wome and children.
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    NMyTree wrote:
    It would also be nice if Canada grew a spine.

snap! LOL. be nice, be nice
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    thankyougrandma, I wasn't defending Israel. In fact in my first response to shiraz, I made myself perfectly clear where I stand on it.

Much like someone else said just a few posts ago, I'm fed up and sick to my stomach with all this Middle East fighting crap. Sick of it, I tell you.

Sometimes I think I'd like to take all of them (in the Middle East) and our spectacular current administration, fly them off to a distant moon and drop all of them there, so they can carry on their neverending feud. At least they'd be killing themselves, instead of killing so many innocent men, wome and children.

It would take a huge spaceship to send them all :), damn i'm also fed up about all this, i watch the news and i'm getting so pissed off i need to shut the tv off. But i can't make myself to avoid these things, even on vacation i think about it (i might have a problem hehe), even if i'm trying to stay calm and moderate, sometimes the anger is just getting over. Anger is not hate btw, if i'm angry at someone it doesn't mean i hate him. So anyway, i'm glad we can understand each others point.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    NMyTree wrote:
    It would also be nice if Canada grew a spine.
    Okay, I take back the nice things I've said to you, today. ;)

I do agree that when we Canadians are talking down to you all, though, we've crossed the arrogance line. To look around Canada, it's not like we have any right to judge anyone else.....We have some strengths, but we most definitely have our weaknesses like all humans!
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    angelica wrote:

I do agree that when we Canadians are talking down to you all, though, we've crossed the arrogance line. To look around Canada, it's not like we have any right to judge anyone else.....We have some strengths, but we most definitely have our weaknesses like all humans!

Are you sure you're not an american? cuz you sure dont sound canadian! ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    wont someone save the world...
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    wont someone save the world...
    The people of the world, not our "leaders", must unite before anyone has any shot at it.

Worldwide Revolution
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The people of the world, not our "leaders", must unite before anyone has any shot at it.

Worldwide Revolution

i agree... the people of this species and planet must denounce war and violence... before it is too late
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    NMyTree wrote:

Pretend to find some parchment scribbled in some ancient writing, dust the dirt off of it and say it is god's word. The Jews and Arabs would be the first on the rocket to claim the place as their own. ha ha ha ha ha
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    angelica wrote:

When did you say nice things to me, today? What thread? I missed it, but I want to read it. Can't miss out on that.

Otherwise, you basically summed it all up. I don't dislike Canadiens or their country. In fact, I'm rather fond of them ( I'm friends with a few of you). But you hit it on the head.

God knows I'm not perfect.....or any where in the neighborhood....lol:D
  • Options
    Maybe, but bombing airports, killing civillians and all the other acts Isreal just commit (again not talking about the past), are the very opposite of a peaceful solution, they don't have to destroy a complete innocent Lebanese family to secure their country. I'm sure there's a middle ground somewhere, it might not be call peace, but it's sure not called an all out millitary offensive against another country.

The only reason the airport was bombed was to keep Hezbollah from taking the captured soldiers putting them on a plane and shipping them to Iran, where they would never be heard from again. It happened to Maj. Ron Arad after his plane was shot down over Lebanon in 1986, and this time Israeli wasn't going to let it happen again.

What else are they supposed to do? Just let their border be invaded, their soldiers taken? I would love to hear grandma or surfdude give us their solution to the problem.
  • Options

Worldwide Revolution

well said..............
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options

Worldwide Revolution

Exactly! That was my point earlier.

We the people of the planet earth, the many, must unite and convince the few (the leaders and the wealthy) that we will pluck every hair on their body, with rusty tweezers; if they don't wise up and stop the greed and violence.

I'm not kidding here, I have several rusty tweezers and I more than willing to use them!!

Take heed!
  • Options
    The only reason the airport was bombed was to keep Hezbollah from taking the captured soldiers putting them on a plane and shipping them to Iran, where they would never be heard from again. It happened to Maj. Ron Arad after his plane was shot down over Lebanon in 1986, and this time Israeli wasn't going to let it happen again.

What else are they supposed to do? Just let their border be invaded, their soldiers taken? I would love to hear grandma or surfdude give us their solution to the problem.

No i don't have a solution, but i disagree with the current way it is managed, that's called having an opinion. (i thought it was still possible to have an opinion)

Do you realize that you're justifying the killing of civillians by military means and for military purpose? I don't know, but that's what i'm opposed to, when terrorist kill innocents it's terrible, same when it's a state doing so. Btw there's no evidence pointing at any kind of deportation of those kidnap, they assume they'd do so, there's also no menace of invading Isreali borders, if there's one, Isreal must protect the border, not invade their neighbour, unless they want to declare war, then do so and stop acting like a coward state bombing innocents who CAN'T defend themselves, and again, if you think it's a good solution, i also disagree and in my opinion, Isreal are just breeding more terrorism in the region with their current actions.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    When did you say nice things to me, today? What thread? I missed it, but I want to read it. Can't miss out on that.
    Alright, I admit I was vague....in the Israeli/children/souls thread, I found that very funny, in a somehow inappropriate way, but I didn't name names...

And this:
    angelica wrote:
    NMyTree wrote:
    True, a terrible shame.

On the other hand, celebrities who hold a Right Wing Republican member card, are people; and it's perfectly acceptable for them to be involved politically. Pump your fist and beat your chest for Ted Nugent, Charlie Daniels and Toby Keith....YeeeeeeHaaw
    Why, I do believe you are on a roll today, my friend.
    NMyTree wrote:
    God knows I'm not perfect.....or any where in the neighborhood....lol:D
    I relate, completely.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    Are you sure you're not an american? cuz you sure dont sound canadian! ;)
    Right, because when one thinks "humility" the word "American" automatically comes to mind. ;)

• Options
    No i don't have a solution, but i disagree with the current way it is managed, that's called having an opinion. (i thought it was still possible to have an opinion)
    Are you American? If so, you should know by now that it is a crime to have an opinion. Doing so is punishable by being screamed at and insulted, and possibly blackmailed. If you opinion gathers momentum, you may suddenly disappear.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719

Worldwide Revolution
    this is about the most sensible post i've seen today...

leaders: great thinkers, huh? yet they never think like most of my people.
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    Are you American? If so, you should know by now that it is a crime to have an opinion. Doing so is punishable by being screamed at and insulted, and possibly blackmailed. If you opinion gathers momentum, you may suddenly disappear.

If the insults are about "don't ask for help when you're gonna get hit" then i can live with those insults :). In fact i'm Quebecois, french canadian, canadian, american, north american, canadian american, french american, french north american. Does that gives me the right to have an opinion? hehe...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options

Do you realize that you're justifying the killing of civillians by military means and for military purpose? I don't know, but that's what i'm opposed to, when terrorist kill innocents it's terrible, same when it's a state doing so. Btw there's no evidence pointing at any kind of deportation of those kidnap, they assume they'd do so, there's also no menace of invading Isreali borders, if there's one, Isreal must protect the border, not invade their neighbour, unless they want to declare war, then do so and stop acting like a coward state bombing innocents who CAN'T defend themselves, and again, if you think it's a good solution, i also disagree and in my opinion, Isreal are just breeding more terrorism in the region with their current actions.

Thanks. That's all I wanted to know. You are more then entitled to your opinion on the matter. I think the airport bombing is justified. Hezbollah has in the past deported captured soldiers, best way to make sure it doesn't happen again is to put a few pot holes on the runway. Your right about the boarders though. The menacing is over. Hezbollah ran over the border did it's damage, and instead of fighting scurried back like the rats that they are to hide behind innocent people. The best way for this thing to get resolved is for hezbollah to hand over the captured soldiers, plan and simple. That's not going to happen though, because Hezbollah doesn't want peace they want to stir up the hornets' nest and get the rest of the middle east involved so they can accomplish their ultimate goal, the destruction of Israeli.
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    Right, because when one thinks "humility" the word "American" automatically comes to mind. ;)

LOL! A lot of Americans know humility, like "Pizza Hut" knows Pizza:D

And so no one else (excluding Angelica) gets confused, "Pizza Hut " doesn't make pizza, they make cardboard with some strange substance on top, they call "Cheese"

But if you leave their "cheese" on the kitchen counter for a few days, then gently sharpen the edges; one could make themselves a very effective knife.

:D
  • Options
    Angelica, I'm glad you got a few chuckles out of it.

Even if it was a bit inappropriate...lol
  • Options
    Thanks. That's all I wanted to know. You are more then entitled to your opinion on the matter. I think the airport bombing is justified. Hezbollah has in the past deported captured soldiers, best way to make sure it doesn't happen again is to put a few pot holes on the runway. Your right about the boarders though. The menacing is over. Hezbollah ran over the border did it's damage, and instead of fighting scurried back like the rats that they are to hide behind innocent people. The best way for this thing to get resolved is for hezbollah to hand over the captured soldiers, plan and simple. That's not going to happen though, because Hezbollah doesn't want peace they want to stir up the hornets' nest and get the rest of the middle east involved so they can accomplish their ultimate goal, the destruction of Israeli.

The fact that Hezbollah doesn't want peace is not a surprise, and again it doesn't justify the killing of civillians by the Israeli army. Anyway i think i made my point on these 12 pages. Might be time for Isreal to declare war instead of acting like terrorist themselves.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options

What I said was never meant that way. Everyone has right to their opinions, including me.

But your not inaccurate if your describing this administration and their hired thugs and bullies.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    Angelica, I'm glad you got a few chuckles out of it.

Even if it was a bit inappropriate...lol
    Oh, I was actually literally laughing hysterically! With full awareness of my inappropriate bent. :)