I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    so sad...
    can't stop thinking "Crime of the season"
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    meme wrote:
    But let's not forget her feistiness, her rage against injustice and stupidity and ignorance.

Many of my fondest memories of talking with Laura on the Train and elsewhere online were us laughing vociferously about what a dumbfuck Bush is. She was a force of nature. Energy like hers has to go somewhere.

And she could certainly battle against nincompoops on here. She'd run rings around them! :)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,775
    Rip......
  • Options
    This is so sad. My thoughts go out to Laura's family.

I remember her as the most smartest, funniest, and sharpest debater around who really knew how to cut through the bullshit. She was also extremely generous in terms of trading shows and was one of the first people I traded with on the haven. She was always so open and kind-hearted.

Rest in peace Laura. You will be missed. :(
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• Options
    Very sad news. :(
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about my friend's passing. She is no longer in pain and is at peace now.

I'm so grateful to God that she and I patched things up recently, I never stopped thinking about her and obviously she felt the same way.

Love you Laura, but I know now you will certainly have the best seat in the house at the next Pearl Jam concert that is in Cleveland.

:(

Simone
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    spirit of GRACE

big heartfelt hugs!!!
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    We love you Hippiemom, you will be missed.
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Bouse wrote:
    Hippiemom passed away Saturday, December 8. We will hold a memorial service for her in Cleveland at the Church of the Covenant, where she was married. She requested a certain song to be played at the service, one I'm sure you all know, I have put the lyrics at the bottom of this post. If you'd like to give this a listen for her, I'm sure she'd appreciate it. She liked the Tribute to Heroes version best.

She asked a long time ago that no flowers be sent and suggested that instead people give donations to charitable causes she supported, such as the Memphis Three:
    http://www.wm3.org/live/howtohelp/index.php

Anyone who knows of other causes of which she was supportive, please let me know.

Again, thanks to all of you for being there for her all this time; you have been a source of strength and solace for her over the past few years.

And I wished for so long. Cannot stay.
    All the precious moments. Cannot stay.
    It's not like wings have fallen. Cannot stay.
    But still something's missing. I cannot say.

Holding hands are daughters and sons.
    And their faiths are falling down, down, down, down.
    I have wished for so long. How I wish for you today.

Will I walk the long road? Cannot stay.
    There's no need to say goodbye.

All the friends and family.
    All the memories going round, round, round, round.

And the wind keeps roaring. And the sky keeps turning grey.
    And the sun is set. The sun will rise another day.

Will I walk the long road? We all walk the long road.
    Will I walk the long road?
    Will I walk the long road?

I am so sorry. We all loved her and miss her already.

Long Road will always have a very special meaning to us now.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    barakabaraka Posts: 1,268
    Dear Laura, I'm at a loss of words. It's been such a blessing knowing you. I will miss you terribly.

Bouse, your mother was a special women. My prayers are with you and your family.
    The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance,
    but the illusion of knowledge.
    ~Daniel Boorstin

Only a life lived for others is worth living.
    ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    wow, this is really sad news... i wasn't fortunate enough to know her well, but i did talk to her a time or two on last.fm. i suppose i don't know what to say here.

see you at the end of that long road, laura.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,038
    Laura, I love you. My life has been truly enriched knowing you.

I'll miss talking with you on the gabbly at 2:00am, gushing effusively about our awesome kids, who are the same ages apart, and that we were the same ages when having them both. I miss you butting heads with me on all the important subjects on this board, and yet, having a respectful alliance and inspiring friendship with you at the same time. I will forever carry you with me, as will many, many on this board...

Much love and many blessings to your wonderful family, whom you were so very, very proud of, and loved SO much.

:(
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    To all of Laura's family and friends, thoughts and prayers are with you.
    What a very sad end to a beautiful womans life.
    She will be missed by a lot of people who didnt even know her personally, but these people were impacted nonetheless by her words, inspiration, and her strength.

I can only hope that with the memories you have, you laugh and cry, as these are the most precious thing, and they are all yours...
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,315
    i feel really bad right now. i hadn't been reading this thread the past several days and for some reason i noticed today that it had recently been "stickied". I knew Laura had not been doing so well and all i could think prior to opening this recently stickied thread was "oh god no, i hope this doesn't mean what i think it does". i opened it and was deeply saddened by the news.

Laura, I just want to tell you that I am glad that i got to interact with you these past few years here on the bbs and through pms and gabbly. Even though I never met you in person I feel like I have gotten to know you in some small way. I always appreciated your insights and contributions to whatever topic we happened to be discussing and all of the advice you have given me. Here lately I have been missing the late night drunken gabbly conversations we used to have, and now it just hit me that that will never happen again. I admire your strength and your courage and I am going to miss you. This place is never going to be the same without you. I have been on the train for several years and it seems the one constant around here was hippiemom. I could always count on her to take my side with much more grace than myself whenever i got involved in some stupid con vs lib pissing match, which seemed to happen way too often. Looking back, none of those arguments really ever meant anything in the scheme of things, but without discussion there are no new ideas. Laura, we all love you and are going to miss you. Every time I hear long road I will be thinking of you and your family. How I wish for you today.....Rest in peace my friend. Rod
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    IamMine wrote:
    Yes yes yes!!

Yes, I remember that picture!!! It is somewhere in this thread, I think!!!??

Here's the picture of her along with friends at the pre-party in Detroit:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/Detroit%205-22-2006/CCFA-Detroit-5-22-06a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/merich/Pearl%20Jam%202006/Detroit%205-22-2006/CCFA-Detroit-5-22-06b.jpg

I don't know what to say :( :( :( :'(

Bouse.. my deepest condolences to you and your family.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    just caught wind of this... shocked.... it just seemed like last week I was flirting with her in Detroit (Laura would find this funny ;) )

she was/is a beautiful person... we will all miss her much
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I am very sad to hear this :( You are deeply missed Laura...and the world is a better place having had you in it. rip

Bouse, my thoughts and deepest condolences are with you and your family.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Why is it so often the good ones who go first?

The board feels like a hollow place today.
  • Options
    tooferztooferz Posts: 135
    i'm at a loss.

laura's family, seemingly hundreds and hundreds of friends and pearl jam have suffered a tremendous loss.

i didn't know you long laura, but we connected quickly. i'll miss the long gabbly chats about cancer, living, life, kids and dreaming about a pearl jam cancer benefit and being front and center rocking out together.

you gave me incentive to fight my own...even when you were losing your own fight. you said i was amazing....coming from you, that was the ultimate compliment....but it was you who was truly amazing.

i've only cried twice this year. once for zane...and you helped me through that. and now once for you. you will be sorely missed hippiemomma girly girl.

all my love and sympathy to laura's family....

toof
  • Options
    I remember all of our conversations on MT way back...

My thoughts are with her family, friends and the board.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    It seems like it was just yesterday that Laura and I were sitting in her hotel room in Toledo 2004 after the show listening to Pearl Jam on her Bose radio and chatting about the band and life until 4-5 o'clock in the morning.

You are loved, and you will be missed, Laura.
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    NOTHINGFAN wrote:
    It seems like it was just yesterday that Laura and I were sitting in her hotel room in Toledo 2004 after the show listening to Pearl Jam on her Bose radio and chatting about the band and life until 4-5 o'clock in the morning.

You are loved, and you will be missed, Laura.

Seems like Laura had a knack for staying up late, listening to PJ and talking about life. The first night everybody arived at our place a couple of years ago, it was her and I until about 6:30 am in the kitchen doing exactly what you described above.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Seems like Laura had a knack for staying up late, listening to PJ and talking about life. The first night everybody arived at our place a couple of years ago, it was her and I until about 6:30 am in the kitchen doing exactly what you described above.

yep, exactly. her and I used to sit up til the wee hours of the morning, her drinking pepsi, and I'd be drinking beer, on a weekend sometime, and we'd chat until I could no longer type. lol one of the great memories I have with her. I'd be listening to a bootleg, and she'd be listening to another one, and we'd tell eachother which song was playing at the moment.

That, and we'd come here, or Red Mosquito and follow the setlists of each tour talking on MSN messenger. Laura was great.

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    Laura called me up one time, and said she didn't have anyone to go to the (I think) Hamilton 05 show, and she offered me her ticket for free, as long as I can get to her house, which is only about 2 hours from Pittsburgh, and I didn't think my POS would make it, so I had to turn it down. I would have sat third row center with her at that show. :(

yet another reason why she is one of the best person I have ever met. I'd like to think of all of the good memories I've had with her.

Toronto 05 was another great time. :)

• Options
    RIP hippiemom!!
    i talked with her a couple times a while ago...she was all nice to me trying to get together and do something since i had just moved back to cleveland and didnt really have any friends. i wish i did....but now its too late. but thanks for your kindness and your love here! id go to the memoral service if i knew when it was or her last name to look it up, but it was probably yesterday or today im guessing. then again id be the stranger (to her family) crying my eyes out when they played long road.

i hope her pain is gone now. i wish her family the best in getting thru this sad time! be sound!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    I'm sorry, Bouse. You and your family are in my thoughts. Laura was a friend and she will be greatly missed.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    wow...it havent been around much lately and just read all this...

what a punch in the gut!!!!

RIP.....

speechless
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Bouse

So sorry for your great loss. Your mom was a wonderful human being. She loved you more then life itself. She will never be forgotten. I will never hear Long Road again without thinking about her. Lots of love coming your way.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown